Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,956 members, 7,848,884 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos (2438 Views)

NNPC: New Refinery Will Cost About $12 Billion / FG To Build New Refinery In Rivers State / Kiki Osinbajo's Outfit To Lagos Fashion Week (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to commission the first phase of a brand new petroleum refinery, which is located at Ibigwe, Imo State and owned by oil and gas integrated firm, Waltersmith Limited, this week.
The Federal Government holds a stake in the refinery, following an investment by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
This disclosure was made by the presidency through a tweet post on his official Twitter handle on Sunday, November 21, 2020.
The presidency in its tweet post said, “This week President Muhammadu Buhari will commission the first phase of a brand new petroleum refinery by WalterSmith Limited, located at Ibigwe in Imo State. The Nigerian Government holds a stake in the refinery, following an investment by NCDMB.”
The phase 1 of the project is the delivery of 5,000 barrels per day (BPD) Modular capacity refinery that is strategically located near the existing flow station and will process the circa 6,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) currently produced by the upstream business to the readily available market in the south-eastern part of Nigeria.
his is expected to contribute about 271 million litres of refined products including Diesel, Naptha, HFO and Kerosene annually to the domestic market and create both direct and indirect jobs particularly within the host communities.

The second phase is the delivery of 25,000 BPD crude and condensates refinery; an upgrade on the 5,000bpd modular refinery.
The project is still at an early stage of development but is designed to produce the following products: gasoline, diesel, LPG, kerosene and aviation fuel.

https://nairametrics.com/2020/11/22/buhari-to-commission-phase-1-of-brand-new-refinery-this-week/
Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by BabbanBura(m): 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2020
post=96353480:
President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to commission the first phase of a brand new petroleum refinery, which is located at Ibigwe, Imo State and owned by oil and gas integrated firm, Waltersmith Limited, this week.
The Federal Government holds a stake in the refinery, following an investment by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
This disclosure was made by the presidency through a tweet post on his official Twitter handle on Sunday, November 21, 2020.
The presidency in its tweet post said, “This week President Muhammadu Buhari will commission the first phase of a brand new petroleum refinery by WalterSmith Limited, located at Ibigwe in Imo State. The Nigerian Government holds a stake in the refinery, following an investment by NCDMB.”
The phase 1 of the project is the delivery of 5,000 barrels per day (BPD) Modular capacity refinery that is strategically located near the existing flow station and will process the circa 6,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (boepd) currently produced by the upstream business to the readily available market in the south-eastern part of Nigeria.
his is expected to contribute about 271 million litres of refined products including Diesel, Naptha, HFO and Kerosene annually to the domestic market and create both direct and indirect jobs particularly within the host communities.

The second phase is the delivery of 25,000 BPD crude and condensates refinery; an upgrade on the 5,000bpd modular refinery.
The project is still at an early stage of development but is designed to produce the following products: gasoline, diesel, LPG, kerosene and aviation fuel.

https://nairametrics.com/2020/11/22/buhari-to-commission-phase-1-of-brand-new-refinery-this-week/
Lalasticlala

Good development, if we can get 100 of these across the delta that will be some 500,000 barrels of crude refined which should be enough to service the country.

Another thing I like about this is that no much noise during the planning and execution stage unlike the audio dangote refinery that the federal government has been wasting our scarce forex on

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Jones4190(m): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
together we can achieve it
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by UncleHaba22: 2:27pm On Nov 23, 2020
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by yarimo(m): 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
slowly but surely BUHARI is working

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Redcrafton: 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
yarimo:
slowly but surely BUHARI is working

From there is nothing in the SE, to Buhari is working....

Kwantinue....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Amarabae(f): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2020
wonderful !
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by greatermax77(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2020
I thought some folks said there's no oil in Imo State?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
greatermax77:
I thought some folks said there's no oil in Imo State?
Imo is also an oil producing state, but has little oil reserve just like Edo and Ondo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by BlackfireX: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
Barren land

Erosion land

Landlocked land

..... Yet everyday good news springs out from SE...
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by samyj2477: 4:19pm On Nov 23, 2020
If u guys don't know, u better know it now.

THAT REFINARY IS OWNED BY A FULANI MAN..MAKE YOUR RESEARCH.

We have 4 refinery in Nigeria but the government refused to spend money to revive those refineries, instead, they used the back door and sponsored a Fulani man to build a top notch refinery right under our nose. They are currently assisting dangote too in setting up a refinery.

Una know know waitn they happen for this country. These Housa Fulani people wants to take over everything that belongs to u, right under your nose.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Bighead5: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
BUHARI İS WORKİNG. He build a brand new Refinery for WE IGBO. God will bless President Buhari. This is the reason we IGBO'S SEE BUHARI as our MESSIAH. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by kmaster007: 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
post=96353480:

Lalasticlala
this old man dey try for SE thou
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by EasternActivist: 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2020
I commend this.
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by etrouble: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sai Baba, Sai Buhari.

Please can someone tell us the refinery (public or private or joint) built in PDP’s 16 wasted years?
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Okoroawusa: 6:12pm On Nov 23, 2020
I Love PMB
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Cyberterror: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2020
APC keep doing Igbos good. Nothing like this ever existed in the east in sixteen years of Igbo slavery in PDP.
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by JAMO84: 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
Sixteen years of the Poverty Development Party, not even a palm oil refinery was built, let alone petroleum refinery.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Scout60(m): 11:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
JAMO84:
Sixteen years of the Poverty Development Party, not even a palm oil refinery was built, let alone petroleum refinery.

it is a private owned refinery....
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Scout60(m): 11:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
Cyberterror:
APC keep doing Igbos good. Nothing like this ever existed in the east in sixteen years of Igbo slavery in PDP.

how can we be celebrating a whole president for commissioning a private owned refinery? Have we become dunce?
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Scout60(m): 11:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
Bighead5:
BUHARI İS WORKİNG. He build a brand new Refinery for WE IGBO. God will bless President Buhari. This is the reason we IGBO'S SEE BUHARI as our MESSIAH. grin grin grin
he built what?
That man is leaving abuja to commission a private owned refinery.
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Bighead5: 5:27am On Nov 24, 2020
Scout60:

he built what?
That man is leaving abuja to commission a private owned refinery.

Buhari built it for IGBOS

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2020
At 5:27am you surpose to be planning for your day, here you are, started with your stupidity, person that did this mathematics to your family "minus one" it shall never be well with him/her.

Bighead5:

Buhari built it for IGBOS

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Bighead5: 9:37am On Nov 24, 2020
post=96379024:
At 5:27am you surpose to be planning for your day, here you are, started with your stupidity, person that did this mathematics to your family "minus one" it shall never be well with him/her.

I'm not poor and jobless, I'm not a junior staff where I work. I resume work by 8 and it takes me only 15 minutes drive from my house to my office.
Stop hating. Just pray, make God bless you like me

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Anambra1stS0n: 10:27am On Nov 24, 2020
Bighead5:

I'm not poor and jobless, I'm not a junior staff where I work. I resume work by 8 and it takes me only 15 minutes drive from my house to my office.
Stop hating. Just pray, make God bless you like me
Bless you like me indeed, when you spend your whole life here hating those that careless about your useless l....i...fe, I'm a boss on my own people work for me, I pity the organization you are working for, no matter your level be junior or senior staff the time you waste on every thread clearly shows you are not just minus one to your family also to the organization, a responsible person that knows the main goal of an organization be it public or private, also with family can't be wasting so much time being stupid online.
Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by Bighead5: 11:10am On Nov 24, 2020
post=96382863:

Bless you like me indeed, when you spend your whole life here hating those that careless about your useless l....i...fe, I'm a boss on my own people work for me, I pity the organization you are working for, no matter your level be junior or senior staff the time you waste on every thread clearly shows you are not just minus one to your family also to the organization, a responsible person that knows the main goal of an organization be it public or private, also with family can't be wasting so much time being stupid online.

See poor man mentality.
QUIT HATING BRO. AS YOU SEE ME SO, I'M SOME PEOPLE PRAYER POINT and I give God the Glory

Re: Buhari To Commission Phase 1 Of Brand New Refinery In Imo State this week-photos by kettykin: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
Go and MArk it , before Dangote finishes his white Elephant project in Lagos , this refinery would have metamorphosed into and imposing Refinery with other refineries springing up all over South East, the demand will far outstrip the supply leading to a cascade of new refineries

(1) (Reply)

G / INEC Develops “INEC E-School”; An E-Learning Website And Mobile App / 2023: Mocking Peter Obi And His Igbo Supporters. I Told You!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.