Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) (4511 Views)

2023: See The Way They Insults Tekno For This Tweet (photo) / #endsars: What Obasanjo Told Buhari At Virtual Meeting - Fani-kayode Reveals / EndSARS: What Lekki Looks Like This Morning, Properties Destroyed (Video, Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 25, 2020
Christistruth00:

No need, any Yoruba true born the moment he sees Awolowo insulted his head go reset and recharge.
Na so.

1 Like

Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Guestlander: 4:14am On Nov 25, 2020
Only a fool will lump Awolowo with the likes of Abacha.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Patosajad: 4:29am On Nov 25, 2020
She must be an idiot for lumping our great sage with the likes of Abacha.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 5:31am On Nov 25, 2020
LukasPodolski:
This thread is for the Sorosoke bastards from the SW.

The truth hurts most times, MKO is more of a hero than Awolowo.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 5:32am On Nov 25, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
She should hide in the bush and be typing gabage.

I know Kanu is her hero

The truth definitely hurts
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 5:36am On Nov 25, 2020
GidiCars:

They excluded their Igbo leaders from the past like azikwe, ironsi, ojukwu etc. in the list. They added our awolowo

YORUBAs should never forget that no one is our friend, not Igbos, not Hausa or SS. Igbos are very cunning people and clownish. It was the Igbos that originally thought to dominate other tribes the way the North is currently, that's why when everyone agreed to get rid of their leaders, the Igbos spared theirs. They wanted to show how smart they were. This was during the first coup (nzeogwu and co).

Zik also tried to show how smart he was. He left his Igbo region and tried to contest elections in the western region. What kind of greed and stupidity is that. I've always been an advocate that people outside a certain region shouldn't vote in those regions. Igbos have been running away from the east since the time of old. They know there's nothing in the east which is why they seeked and thought they could dominate other tribes, but as with clowns, they only made a mockery of themselves.

The Niger Delta has never for once extended the hand of friendship to any tribe in Nigeria and we would never. We love to exist in silence, fight your battles with the Igbos and Hausas and stop mentioning the Niger Delta.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:00am On Nov 25, 2020
flokii:

Their cup go soon full in SW.. Once the Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi are joined to SW, they'll leave and go back to their lands.

We don't want them in our midst again.
there is nothing you can do , I triple dare Yorubas to start any madness what we have been harbouring for years will manifest on you people .we have not forgotten awolowos role in the civil war
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2020
She got it wrong
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 25, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
there is nothing you can do , I triple dare Yorubas to start any madness what we have been harbouring for years will manifest on you people .we have not forgotten awolowos role in the civil war
What was awolowos role ?
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Mayng01(m): 6:07am On Nov 25, 2020
Don’t step on toes with that post
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by riroye3263: 6:41am On Nov 25, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
That is Nigeria for you,
That man from Jamb that made and remitted billions for the government, I knew we wouldn't hear from him again,
Men like that don't go far in Nigerian political circles, since the first rule here is 'Don't have any principles'.

PS: I notice Igbos always manage to spare their politicians when it's time for public lynching of politicians,
Danfodian principle of using the resources of the conquered infidels to sustain the fulani arab emirate of the north and that can only happen if square pegs are filled inside round holes. Draining and wasting our resources. Importing shariah laws to be used in a section of the expired amalgamation that pretend to be running on a democratic constitution, is that not two countries already?

1 Like

Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Muna4real(f): 6:44am On Nov 25, 2020
[quote author=GidiCars post=96404119]

They excluded their Igbo leaders from the past like azikwe, ironsi, ojukwu etc. in the list. They added our awolowo

Apart from azikiwe, are the other two considered heros by Nigerians?
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Muna4real(f): 6:46am On Nov 25, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
That is Nigeria for you,
That man from Jamb that made and remitted billions for the government, I knew we wouldn't hear from him again,
Men like that don't go far in Nigerian political circles, since the first rule here is 'Don't have any principles'.

PS: I notice Igbos always manage to spare their politicians when it's time for public lynching of politicians,

I don't understand. Is it the same politicians nndigbo insult everyday? undecided
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by orisa37: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2020
devilmaycry:
Hmmmm...
Strong headed...she should be calming down small small sha

Make she no come disappear

Disappear? To where? Miyetti Allah FULANI GROUP don't have Time for this Gibberish.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by orisa37: 8:13am On Nov 25, 2020
LukasPodolski:
Hmm, poor observations above.

Unintelligible.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Amos1423(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2020
Thats a fake Djswitch account.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2020
[quote author=Muna4real post=96413258][/quote]

The point of the original tweet was a list of names of past leaders that damaged the country. They mentioned leaders from the West and North and excluded their leaders like zik, ironsi, nzeogwu and others. Anyone who's not from the west is not and would never be our hero. After all is said and done, names like muritala Mohammad airport would be changed cause he's not native to the SW, is not our hero and would never be. Simple.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by Yujin(m): 8:52am On Nov 25, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
That is Nigeria for you,

Firstly, if you're quite observant you'll see that majority of Igbos don't regard both Azikiwe and even Ironsi. These two are always insulted for doing nothing to protect Ndigbo. Only Ojukwu is venerated for his courageous stand for Igbos and Easterners in general.
Let's Xray Azikiwe;
He favoured a United Nigeria because of his pan African vision and saw the potential that a working Nigeria could help in securing the interest of Africa. It seems he felt Igbos resilience and technological acumen could be the arrow head to that vision and he couldn't manage to convince the other people of Nigeria to see the same vision he had. He was the ONLY pan Africanist of his time and FAILED to see the reality of the tribal politics right within Nigeria. Azikiwe did nothing exception for Igbos or Eastern Nigeria. Though he influenced the appointment of some Igbos into prime positions in the Federal government, I believe most of those appointees were actually not mediocres undeserving of the positions.
Today, everyone knows that Nnamdi Azikiwe is not regarded in the East or Igboland for anything rather he's vilified for our current woes.
The belief that Azikiwe saw in Igbos an arrow head in the African Renaissance is borne out of the fact that he knew the potential of Igbos and not because he wanted to empower them above other ethnic groups. Most people(non-Igbos) criticize him for that statement but didn't really understand the context. What exactly did Azikiwe do for the Igbos? Nothing compared to what his peers did for their ethnic groups.
Let's Xray Ironsi.
Ironsi was someone I'll call unambitious. This attitude made him slow in decision making and if I may add was not an ethnic champion. He never did anything to empower Igbos. From the accounts of the 1966 coup I read, he was lucky to escape the soldiers sent to terminate him. He thereafter from a safe place gave command to repel and arrest the coupists. After securing Lagos, he wanted to attack Nzeogwu in Kaduna but was advised to seek a less bloody part as Nzeogwu got a support base in Kaduna which would turn extra bloody if he did so. Some high ranking officers had to mediate between Him and Nzeogwu to settle the impasse without blood shed which would only be the last resort if the dialogue wasn't successful. Nzeogwu cut a deal and surrendered before he was taken down to Lagos and remanded in prison. Ironsi CHOSE most of his lieutenants from the north against the advise of other Igbo officers. The progrom against Easterners in the north started under him yet he couldn't do much to protect his own people. He didn't even equip the East in case any attack was to be visited on the region because he had not entertained any thought of such a situation arising. No Yoruba or Fulani will ever make such foolish mistakes because they'll always think of the safety if their own people. Ironsi never thought of equipping Eastern Nigeria or Igboland despite how hot Nigeria was at the time. Ojukwu was very angry with him for this. This is the same mistake present day Easterners are making. Amaechi is supporting of building railway to Niger republic yet there's no single rail line in the Eastern region.
How people later turned around and accuse Ironsi of being the brain behind the coup is very surprising.
As for the decree 34 he promulgated, it was clear he didn't collapse the regions. He unified the control of the government as a military man. If only he had more time, we would have been able to criticize better after knowing his intent if he refused to return the government to democracy.
From the above analysis, you can see that both men were not really ethnic champions neither were they proven to have been involved in fiscal corruption. This I believe is the reason why they're seldom put in the same group when discussing Nigerian corrupt political leaders.
You can refute my points with verifiable facts because I love to learn.

Present day Igbos will waste no time to deal with their corrupt political leaders but they want to do this under a solid state boundary which the failed Nigeria state doesn't have. I hope you'll understand. We shall beat them at present with the hope they'll change. We're aware of the disadvantage from the Federal level on our region.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 8:53am On Nov 25, 2020
privaldo:

The Niger Delta has never for once extended the hand of friendship to any tribe in Nigeria and we would never. We love to exist in silence, fight your battles with the Igbos and Hausas and stop mentioning the Niger Delta.

Neither have the YORUBAs ever extended theirs to the ND. That's why I clumped you up with the North and igbos cause you ain't our friends either, except for our brothers in itsekiri.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 8:58am On Nov 25, 2020
GidiCars:

Neither have the YORUBAs ever extended theirs to the ND. That's why I clumped you up with the North and igbos cause you ain't our friends either, except for our brothers in itsekiri.

You shouldn't bother placing us with any other region, we only form beneficial alliance and that's it. Unfortunately, the Itsekiris and the Binis would betray you any day, any time for the Niger Delta.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by TheImpostor: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2020
Wasn't Azikiwe also part of our heroes past? Why wasn't his name mentioned.. She mentioned Yoruba and the Northern leaders and careful excluded Azikiwe and other Easterners as if they weren't part of the problem..
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 9:02am On Nov 25, 2020
flokii:
Where did she put Aguiyi Ironsi and Odumegwu Ojukwu that stripped naked and murdered Niger Deltans for declaring their republic?

Yorubas una better wake up before it's too late. Call me trlbalist, it's your damn business, I won't watch outsiders rubbish my own culture and leaders while they hide theirs.

A Calabar guy that recently came to stay with his aunt told me about this story. He always tell me how the ND hates the Igbos, how the Igbos killed all their leaders and tried to take possession of their resources, their lands and stuff. He said if the Igbos want Biafra, they should exclud the ND from their Biafra. He's not the only one from the ND I've heard this from. My friends from warri also have the same thought, they don't want to be part of Biafra cause they can't and won't allow the Igbos take control of their resources.

This brings me back to the point that the north and Igbos would suffer the most should nigeria break up. Igbos that put pressure on our forex, always importing and selling, how do they want to generate fx?? They also don't have access to the sea, just like the north. This is just a few concerns amongst many that would hit them when they get Biafra.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 9:29am On Nov 25, 2020
privaldo:

You shouldn't bother placing us with any other region, we only form beneficial alliance and that's it. Unfortunately, the Itsekiris and the Binis would betray you any day, any time for the Niger Delta.

We only have one LG in Edo which is Akoko-edo, don't care about the rest. Our brothers in akoko and itsekiris have never betrayed us, it's the border lines drawn that seperated us from our brothers.

Honestly, I hope you guys get your Niger Delta Republic alongside Biafra. We don't envy at all, you can keep your oil. cool
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 9:57am On Nov 25, 2020
privaldo:

No brother, you were forced into this marriage alliance. It's not like you had a choice. Let's see what the SS governors demands will yield before you can make mouth about you forming alliances.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2020
GidiCars:

We only have one LG in Edo which is Akoko-edo, don't care about the rest. Our brothers in akoko and itsekiris have never betrayed us, it's the border lines drawn that seperated us from our brothers.

Honestly, I hope you guys get your Niger Delta Republic alongside Biafra. We don't envy at all, you can keep your oil. cool

Biafrans were very confident during the war that the Igbos outside the East won't betray them but alas they were shocked when it happened.

The new generation of Niger Deltans wants the oil to finish as soon as possible, we are looking at a future where oil is not the key commodity and contributes very little to our GDP.

The Niger Delta does not seek to break away like Biafra but if the country would be split up then we would also secede peacefully like the other regions.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2020
GidiCars:

No brother, you were forced into this marriage alliance. It's not like you had a choice. Let's see what the SS governors demands will yield before you can make mouth about you forming alliances.

Which marriage are you talking about, Nigeria or another one?

We know in the SS that our politicians are dead leaves who only think of their gain and are also shot sighted. So, why would what they say or want hold water to a common Niger Deltan?
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by IJOBA2: 10:14am On Nov 25, 2020
LegendHero:
The stupid girl even inserted the great Awolowo into her rubbish.
IS THAT DJ SWITCH TWITTER HANDLE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU NORTHERNERS FOR FVCK SAKE angry
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2020
privaldo:

Which marriage are you talking about, Nigeria or another one?

We know in the SS that our politicians are dead leaves who only think of their gain and are also shot sighted. So, why would what they say or want hold water to a common Niger Deltan?

Thing is, much can't be done if you don't have the support of your leaders. That's why nobody takes the igbos serious, you can't be agitating for Biafra and have your leaders still interested in the union.

Like I stated earlier, reason some YORUBA leaders are not yet in full support of OODUA NATION is cause of the agreement they have with APC, others know they won't have much power as they have now if a new nation is formed. Penalty for corruption would be death, things would be like the days of old, anyone that steals or betrays the nation would go with the ground. That's what they're afraid of, most of our OBAs and baales are already aware of the agitation, OPC is in it, everyone is just waiting for that push that would break the camel's back. Those who are shouting it can't happen would be caught unaware, the only power the Nigerian government have is the military, we also have military men in our meetings, everyone is just waiting for that final moment to happen.

Let's see how 2023 plays out.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 10:30am On Nov 25, 2020
GidiCars:

Thing is, much can't be done if you don't have the support of your leaders. That's why nobody takes the igbos serious, you can't be agitating for Biafra and have your leaders still interested in the union.

Like I stated earlier, reason some YORUBA leaders are not yet in full support of OODUA NATION is cause of the agreement they have with APC, others know they won't have much power as they have now if a new nation is formed. Penalty for corruption would be death, things would be like the days of old, anyone that steals or betrays the nation would go with the ground. That's what they're afraid of, most of our OBAs and baales are already aware of the agitation, OPC is in it, everyone is just waiting for that push that would break the camel's back. Those who are shouting it can't happen would be caught unaware, the only power the Nigerian government have is the military, we also have military men in our meetings, everyone is just waiting for that final moment to happen.

Let's see how 2023 plays out.

Ah grin finally someone to talk of war possibilities with. Hope we have a good convo.

You know when Ojukwu went to war, the leaders in the old Eastern region never wanted to go war but who are you to defy the will of the people? And so they finally backed the SE and they went to war.

While I support a division of Nigeria, I don't think one region can do it alone if not it will be massacre like that of the civil war. The Yorubas alone can't take on the military regardless of how many soldiers of Yoruba descent are in the army. The army would have International support as usual, and before the Odua Republic gets any support it may be a case of genocide.

As for OPC, they are equivalent to every other militia groups around the world and what is happening to TPLF in Ethiopia will happen to them.

The only way the South can break away is to break away as one then divide after the break away. It would take a combination of the OPC, NDVF, IPOB and MEND to give the Army that is mainly of Northern descent a run for their money.

Remember, Nigeria has allies like the countries in the Middle East that will not want it to break up. Border countries like Niger, Chad and Cameroon will also support Nigeria.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 10:46am On Nov 25, 2020
privaldo:

Ah grin finally someone to talk of war possibilities with. Hope we have a good convo.

You know when Ojukwu went to war, the leaders in the old Eastern region never wanted to go war but who are you to defy the will of the people? And so they finally backed the SE and they went to war.

While I support a division of Nigeria, I don't think one region can do it alone if not it will be massacre like that of the civil war. The Yorubas alone can't take on the military regardless of how many soldiers of Yoruba descent are in the army. The army would have International support as usual, and before the Odua Republic gets any support it may be a case of genocide.

As for OPC, they are equivalent to every other militia groups around the world and what is happening to TPLF in Ethiopia will happen to them.

The only way the South can break away is to break away as one then divide after the break away. It would take a combination of the OPC, NDVF, IPOB and MEND to give the Army that is mainly of Northern descent a run for their money.

Remember, Nigeria has allies like the countries in the Middle East that will not want it to break up. Border countries like Niger, Chad and Cameroon will also support Nigeria.

Biafra might have won the war if they agreed to the French deal. I remember reading that France offered to supply weapons, food and other supplies in exchange for control of some oil wells. Ojukwu out of greed refused the deal, he wanted to have control over everything in the new nation.

Also, there are countries earnestly hoping for nigeria to fall, and they would fuel the crisis more, that I know. If war breaks out in the west, the South would definitely leverage on it and seize their resources from the federal government. We only need to take control of the sea ports, airports and some other assets. Military men are not as much as they were, trust me. I have a friend in the nigerian military, he's from the SS and is currently in Kaduna (NDA). He has been there since 2012 so he has some ranks now. He always tell me how he hates these northerners, alongside his colleagues from the SS. Like I said in an earlier post, the only power the government have is the military, not all military men would join the train. The movement would only fail if our ranks betray us, short of that, we would win.

During the end sars protest, the NPA building at apapa was burnt, customs officers were pulling off their uniforms and running for their lives, that's just a minor unrest. In agor, okota, which is igbo dominated. The reason the police station was not burnt and businesses were not affected was cause they called in OPC to help save guard the markets and environment during the whole protest, if not for OPC, they would have burnt the place down and looted shops there.

On the Ethiopia crisis, the TPLF is just a small region compared to the rest of the country. If all hands are on deck in the SW, no one can stop us. It is not mouth, go check history. The reason nigeria won Biafra was cause Britain supported nigeria. There are countries that have interest in the SW but can't because of Britain. Not long ago, Russia proposed to build nuclear power plants in the SW as a form of friendship, the government refused. In event of a war, countries like Russia would simply come into agreement with the YORUBAs and fully support us. There's nothing the world can do.
Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by GidiCars: 11:02am On Nov 25, 2020
LukasPodolski:
This thread is for the Sorosoke bastards from the SW.

I just got this from Instagram, Igbos deeply hate the YORUBAs, it's those omo ales shouting our Igbo brothers I pity. This is from punch newspaper ig page

Re: Gowon+endsars : What Did You Observe From This Tweet (photo) by privaldo: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2020
GidiCars:

Biafra might have won the war if they agreed to the French deal. I remember reading that France offered to supply weapons, food and other supplies in exchange for control of some oil wells. Ojukwu out of greed refused the deal, he wanted to have control over everything in the new nation.

Also, there are countries earnestly hoping for nigeria to fall, and they would fuel the crisis more, that I know. If war breaks out in the west, the South would definitely leverage on it and seize their resources from the federal government. We only need to take control of the sea ports, airports and some other assets. Military men are not as much as they were, trust me. I have a friend in the nigerian military, he's from the SS and is currently in Kaduna (NDA). He has been there since 2012 so he has some ranks now. He always tell me how he hates these northerners, alongside his colleagues from the SS. Like I said in an earlier post, the only power the government have is the military, not all military men would join the train. The movement would only fail if our ranks betray us, short of that, we would win.

During the end sars protest, the NPA building at apapa was burnt, customs officers were pulling off their uniforms and running for their lives, that's just a minor unrest. In agor, okota, which is igbo dominated. The reason the police station was not burnt and businesses were not affected was cause they called in OPC to help save guard the markets and environment during the whole protest, if not for OPC, they would have burnt the place down and looted shops there.

On the Ethiopia crisis, the TPLF is just a small region compared to the rest of the country. If all hands are on deck in the SW, no one can stop us. It is not mouth, go check history. The reason nigeria won Biafra was cause Britain supported nigeria. There are countries that have interest in the SW but can't because of Britain. Not long ago, Russia proposed to build nuclear power plants in the SW as a form of friendship, the government refused. In event of a war, countries like Russia would simply come into agreement with the YORUBAs and fully support us. There's nothing the world can do.

It seems I would really have a good day after all grin.

Let me tell you, a little secret word on the street is that the French government is looking to destabilize Nigeria so that they can take total control of their colonies without interference. Ojukwu allied with France, I don't know about this Oil well issue but France, West Germany and Portugal were key allies of Biafra during the war.

I also have relatives in the military from a Colonel to Air Commodores and even folks in the DSS, no doubt they always say their loyalty lies to their people but my uncle once complained during this protest that the military is Northern dominated.

War is not won it with ground forces, the OPC does not have the logistics like jets and destroyers to go head on with the Army. An alliance with the NDVF who are known to have brought the Army to their knees after 1999 Odi massacre will go a long way in achieving their Odua Republic.

You talked of Russia and their partnership with SW, I have never heard of it but I won't argue about it. The Igbos or Biafrans give Israel the respect they have today because at the height of the civil war, Israel stood with them and supported them until the very end. Will Putin back you to the end? Getting an ally is not an issue, once you promise something return countries are willing to side you but can they withstand International pressure. Nigeria inclusive of the break away regions will be like Yemen, when so many world powers get involved in the war.

An allied South stands a better chance at defeating the North in a war than a lone South side fighting alone and the other parts working against them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sudan Is An Example Why War Should Be Avoided In Nigeria / How Northern Nigeria's Violent History Explains Boko Haram / We Are Now Northern Igbos; Nigeria New Tribe Emerged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.