Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,437 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Two Job Offers: I'm Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Two Job Offers: I'm Confused (23990 Views)

Two Job Appointment Letters, Which One Can He Go For? / I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by PhillipPHD(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2020
Pretty easy decision to make:

Considering that the monthly salary is the same, If you have an ambition to start up a business in the nearest future or start a side hustle, resign and take up the less stressful job.

If you’re interested in pursuing a long term career in that field, endure the stress and stick to this job, it will be rewarding in no distant time.

But what makes you think that the other job will be less stressful?

3 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Johnmax95(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2020
U know better. Kindly pray and ask God for guidance
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

When you were chasing the two
Did u tell us

When you were offered the two
Did u tell us

When you accepted the two
Did you tell us

You have been making your decisions, so continue to do them abeg. You know what you want. So stop seeking validation here

You sound too stupid, who are you that she should always tell you what’s going on in her life?

Next time shut up and allow others advice her

2 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by saydfact(m): 1:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:
So I got two Job offers within one month, with a big and smaller organization but both salaries are the same.

I accepted both but started with the bigger organization, and in less than two weeks am almost breaking down from stress. The workloads and deadlines are unbearable though you will grow career wise.

Now the offer for the smaller organization is still open and am tempted to resign from this one because of the workload and take up the less stressful job.

Please I need urgent answers so I don't make any huge career mistake. Thank you my fellow nairalanders

Don't resign pls,
Face the challenge and grow..

GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:
So I got two Job offers within one month, with a big and smaller organization but both salaries are the same.

I accepted both but started with the bigger organization, and in less than two weeks am almost breaking down from stress. The workloads and deadlines are unbearable though you will grow career wise.

Now the offer for the smaller organization is still open and am tempted to resign from this one because of the workload and take up the less stressful job. What is the job role ?

Please I need urgent answers so I don't make any huge career mistake. Thank you my fellow nairalanders

It depends what is your career growth ? since financially they are both the same, go for the one that will build your profile. I rejected a job with twice the offer than the other. But I was more interested in developing my profile and experience not cash. But if you have a side hustle and multiple income, go for the less stressful one, since your side hustle will compliment things.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by dalongjnr: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nothing good comes easy. Big organizations have better sustainable plan than smaller ones. They are time trusted and goal focused.
I suggest you go through your contractual terms of the offers before deciding on your next move. What to look for is;
1. Room for permanent and pensionable appointment
2. Carrier progression through paid study leaves.
3. Prompt promotion and renumeration
4. Bonuses
5.condition of service
6. Retirement and pension plans.
7.job satisfaction and security.
Compare the above and decided on what next to do.
NB; how can u get those information? From senior/experienced colleagues and servicom/admin officers.
To be clear, been a junior worker is stressful but as you grow inline, you began to handle mostly administrative and high skilled and less stressful tasks.
Pray and decide.

3 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
JChase:
Ur reply reeks of a childish,immature mindset.Must he or she post everything about her life b4 u can offer ur advice,if only u have one.?
Can't someone be sarcastic again
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by laiciffo: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2020
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Junior Accountant

Job Requirements

*OND in Accounting or related course.

*1 year of Accounting work experience.

*Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.

*Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.

*Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.

*Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.

*Critical thinker with a high proficiency in math.

*Ability to work independently and as part of a team.

*Competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages.

Application Closing Date:5th of December, 2020

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: info@ecosourcingglobal.com

using the Job Title as subject of the email.

(Proximity to Gbagada,Lagos is an added advantage)
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Dididrumz(m): 1:45pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

Did u tell us

Did u tell us

Did you tell us

You have been making your decisions, so continue to do them abeg. You know what you want. So stop seeking validation here

Spoken like a kid.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Robinson155(m): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
juniormod:
This life no balance, as I don dey cry for here for months yet no work, not even the least, yet my fellow Don grab two already.

Meanwhile... I still dey push grin

No rest until man pikin get work, I've got to prepare for resumption Sha.

I don't know how I will pay this semester's 30k school fee, but I believe a helper will locate me here someday, if you are the one, please quote me, I believe we have millionaires here grin

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
Go take up the less stressful job asap.

Blessynene:

Now the offer for the smaller organization is still open and am tempted to resign from this one because of the workload and take up the less stressful job.

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by juniormod: 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Robinson155:

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Baba make I drop my account as the first to quote me, you na millionaire already grin
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by cpu2006(m): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
pick one out of the two. God will put you through
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by ajl: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
Freestainworld:
Nigerians don't want stress, but they want money, how can money come without stress at least at the starting point of every career or business.

Senseless people. Someone requested for advice and they are posting senseless comments. Is it not better to just hang those fingers of yours.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by frozen70(f): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

If both salaries are the same, go for the other one that has less stress

Stress has contributed to somany health challenges in today's human life
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by pocohantas(f): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
Since they offer the same pay, go for the one with career growth. If you are not stressed now that you are young (and probably single), when do you want to be stressed? You are most likely so stressed out because you are new, when you get used to the job - you’ll discover hacks to make your work easier.

While at it, learn to type Am as I’m. My brain goes skrrrrrr when I encounter “Am” in mails or any writing at all, I literally blank out. No disrespect intended.

3 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by ibechris(m): 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
If the job affects ur home, pls resign but if it does not my dear sister,just keep on doing it as no job is easy these days.

U will get used to it.
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by ashawopikin(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

i suggest you take the smaller one, because if you breakdown because of stress, they will still look for someone else
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by ipobarethieves: 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
sad @ Blessynene.HARD WORK doesn't KILL,it REFINE.A subtle for HARD WORK is HARD LIFE.lrarn from the ants.STOP complaining, START WORKING.Everything is working out well for your good.STAY where U are
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by heilige(m): 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
The bigger the joint the bigger the future opportunities. Stay on at the bigger joint
Blessynene:

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Oluwaseun2020(m): 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
Freestainworld:
Nigerians don't want stress, but they want money, how can money come without stress at least at the starting point of every career or business.
Mammon and death and stress work together. ..
Those with Jesus will be stress free...
Thats why the bible says
Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
Let tomorrow worry about itself
or you will just die sara because of money.
Thats why jesus says come to me all who are stressed. ..
Matthew 11;28
"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy- laden, and I will give you rest.
I will show you a way that more easy...
And gods said in Isaiah. 55:8
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways ," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Originalsly: 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Never resign from one job before starting the new one. The job offer in the smaller organization is still open.... what makes you believe you will get it? Usually the workload in a smaller organisation is greater since there are not as many people to take off the load. What if two persons don't come to work? ... only a few people would be there to take up their load. You do not know the stress level in the smaller organization.... it can be even greater. My advice is to find out from current staff... especially why the offer is still open when sooo many are unemployed. Do they pay on time?... or be owing and owing until someone quits? If you want to find out first hand...take up the job offer... and from the start date request some kind of emergency leave from your present company... COVID-19 related.. .. or your grandmother died... never mind she died ten years ago. Spend this time to get a feel of the company. If you prefer the new job... then send in a resignation letter to the first job.... reason being you will be out for an indefinite period of time. If the new job goes sour.... you can always r ed apply to the old one.... they will give you preference.
Afterall.... who knows... the big company probably putting you through a stress test.... observing how well you can manage stress so when push come to shove.... you will be strong. Nothing in life is easy.

2 Likes

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by ehinorlive: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

i will advice you to stay where you are. you will get used to the stress. in every work, at the starting point there is always stress. even the other Organization you are planning to go there are no difference.

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Pweezy(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
menix:

Dude u certainly deserve a crate of chilled Heineken..

This men sha
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by AlwaysMotun: 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
At10tion:
lolz. Very funny.

What's makes you go for the one in the big organization.
Certainly not the money!
I'm sure it's career growth and all the "efficies" that comes with it.
So you should stick to it.
No pain No gain.

Yes bro... No pain, no No gain! Thanks for saying that... Wagbayi

1 Like

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Legalese(m): 2:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
The path of least resistance usually leads to less reward...unless your grace is different.

Pray about it and have faith in your decision.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by Chibueze90: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
JChase:
Ur reply reeks of a childish,immature mindset.Must he or she post everything about her life b4 u can offer ur advice,if only u have one.?

His reply was mature and sensible..
Only thinking being will understand Cox not every situation needs advice..
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by cescky(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
Blessynene:

Stress is a silent killer.. Survival in naija even on a fat salary is stressful..

My take resign from the wahala company snd and take up the second one.. Even though one man company is normally more stressful than structured big companies... But its better you go there and see as it, especially as its the same salaries.. No matter how things span in the second company.. You know you tasted both.. The big company is your father's property so, its not like you wont be sacked or seek better work esle where in future.. One major thing is DO NOT BE AFRAID.. it takes risks to reap rewards take the other offer. Another thing is id two of the companies. Offered you the job.. You're very good at least on paper..
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by cescky(m): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

Did u tell us

Did u tell us

Did you tell us

Stewpid..

Most Nigerians are bitter, full of resentment..

This guy showed it.. And see how many likes hes getting.. Imagine they make this one president.. The whole Africa will suffer..

Thats why people are very poor and don't prosper.... Evil minds like this full naija..
The bubu and Tinubu we abuse are the reflection of the rat like population
Re: Two Job Offers: I'm Confused by rafikii: 3:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
duduade:

Did u tell us

Did u tell us

Did you tell us

You're mean. Mean and dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country / Delta State Youth Empowerment Programme January 2016 Application / I Got A Job 30k After Nysc. Your Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.