Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,038 members, 7,859,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? (8309 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Gen. Ironsi & IBB At An Occasion In 1966 / AGUIYI-IRONSI Decree 34 Abolishing Regionalism Sets Nigeria Back For 100 Years - / Yoruba Deserve 2023 Presidency, The Igbos Not A Serious People- Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Dedetwo:

Does the ninny realize Nigeria should also be included in Igbo agenda if Ironsi, 1966 coup and Biafra makeup the rank?
It really seem Nigeria itself is an Igbo Agenda lol,
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
imhotep:
[s][/s]
Receive sense

Yeye.

What made Ojukwu reject the same decree he had applauded during Ironsi ?

What was Aburi all about again?

You Igbos are showing how more hypocritical you are.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2020
superlightning:

keep fooling yourself....the coup was not an igbo agenda or controlling other people's oil. We had our own crude oil, so stop trying to shove your lies on us

Keep lying to yourself

Igbo foolishness at the regional level was exported to the centre under Ironsi.

The coup was an igbo coup carried out by mainly Igbo officers towards ensuring Igbo dominance of the entire polity.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AdekunleScience: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

We are not being Deceptive we prefer a peaceful Nigeria where healthy competition and mutual respect reigns, we don't like violence and bloodletting that's why Biafra was Declared, our love for Nigeria reflects in everything we do like Nollywood, Nigeria Super Eagle, Even our business scattered all over the country, again we won't annex any inch of any land that's not ours but if those people chose to stay with us, after due deliberation, if its worth then we are always ready to make friends
Scots don't MASS MIGRATE to England so as to engage in "healthy competition" instead they negotiated a regional system which puts the control of their space in their very hand. If you want healthy competition as you've claimed then support regionalism like the Scots, develop your human resources and make your space great. Instead you keep Supporting unitary system, a system that accommodates your parasitism while majority of your folks pretend to loathe the system. That is the fundamental basis of your deception.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Dedetwo(m): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

Lol who your Sandhurst training epp?

Murtala took out an Igbo General and scores of Igbo officers.

Yeye.

A dumbass fool with gun can take out any Field Marshall talk less a General. Do you know why the boys and girls in military uniform are called soldiers? By the way, unlike Nzogwu, Anuforo, Nwobosi, Ifeajuna during purge, Murtala Mohammed was not even ten miles to the scene of debacle in Ibadan. As usual, he was hiding away in Lagos so that capable soldiers can do his bidding.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by 9japride(m): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

When I do threads on Yoruba Muslim problem you idiots rush to comment on it

Turn the attention to you Igbos and you begin to shout tribalism .

Typical jewed negro that is quick to use racism to dismiss any expose on you guys.
[color=#990000][/color]

There is nothing like exposure. The Igbo hating is the fuel that sustain nairaland. Youths in different countries are thinking of ways to better the life of the citizens but here we rather argue on aimless topics and give reasons why the messed up situation of Nigeria should remain the same. Please open up threads that are intellectually sound for youths to contribute their knowledge on how to make Nigeria a better place. I fear for the future of Nigeria, especially with the hate filled youths abudant in nairaland. Just imagine having them in government and see how vindictive and petty they will run the government.
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

Yeye.

What made Ojukwu reject the same decree he had applauded during Ironsi ?

What was Aburi all about again?

You Igbos are showing how more hypocritical you are.

I blame APC for your predicament grin grin

cc lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
AdekunleScience:
Scots don't MASS MIGRATE to England so as to engage in "healthy competition" instead they negotiated a regional system which puts the control of their space in their very hand. If you want healthy competition as you've claimed then support regionalism like the Scots, develop your human resources and make your space great. Instead you keep Supporting unitary system, a system that accommodates your parasitism while majority of your folks pretend to loathe the system. That is the fundamental basis of your deception.

Alexbells started with a reconcilatory and defensive tone and then went full Biastard after his fellow IPOB miscreants invaded this space with their lies and foolish denials.

It is this very attitude that I see the Igbos as our major threat to emancipation and exit from this shithole.

The Igbos will fight alongside the fulani in a war to keep the Niger Delta in Niggeria .

This is a fact and they've proven it with their stupid lies and distortions .

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
imhotep:

I blame APC for your predicament grin grin

cc lzaa

Same APC all your governors and politicians are rushing to join?

Aboki of the south.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2020
AdekunleScience:
You are free to use Scottish for your example while I'm free to Use the Chinese for my example, Chinese are all over the world building capitalist economies while in China the Economy is not capitalist, Chinese Mograte a lot, you can't defined for us how we live in our own country, rather since we are not being sincere and you have figured out your people needs the revert to regionalism, why not rally your folks pick up from somewhere and make a move for the revert, at least currently my people are happy living in Lagos and in the North, at least the country so far does not give a region a right to make some tangible laws, cause I know some people could have made so many anti immigration laws, as for sharia laws, we know the truth it is not targeted on any ethnic group so we are cool with Sharia laws in the North and we Enjoy our stays in the West that's the Nigeria of our dreams
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2020
9japride:
[color=#990000][/color]

There is nothing like exposure. The Igbo hating is the fuel that sustain nairaland. Youths in different countries are thinking of ways to better the life of the citizens but here we rather argue on aimless topics and give reasons why the messed up situation of Nigeria should remain the same. Please open up threads that are intellectually sound for youths to contribute their knowledge on how to make Nigeria a better place. I fear for the future of Nigeria, especially with the hate filled youths abudant in nairaland. Just imagine having them in government and see how vindictive and petty they will run the government.

And what is there to like about you Igbos ?

Even your fellow igbos are rejecting you.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

You are free to use Scottish for your example while I'm free to Use the Chinese for my example, Chinese are all over the world building capitalist economies while in China the Economy is not capitalist, Chinese Mograte a lot, you can't defined for us how we live in our own country, rather since we are not being sincere and you have figured out your people needs the revert to regionalism, why not rally your folks pick up from somewhere and make a move for the revert, at least currently my people are happy living in Lagos and in the North, at least the country so far does not give a region a right to make some tangible laws, cause I know some people could have made so many anti immigration laws, as for sharia laws, we know the truth it is not targeted on any ethnic group so we are cool with Sharia laws in the North and we Enjoy our stays in the West that's the Nigeria of our dreams

Why won't it pay you to have a one Niggeria Marxist state when you can not stand on your own or be ruled by yourselves.

You Igbos are just like your yaribanza cousins and need a third party to rule over you since you are not capable of self governance .

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

Same APC all your governors and politicians are rushing to join?

Aboki of the south.
Sai mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

Alexbells started with a reconcilatory and defensive tone and then went full Biastard after his fellow IPOB miscreants invaded this space with their lies and foolish denials.

It is this very attitude that I see the Igbos as our major threat to emancipation and exit from this shithole.

The Igbos will fight alongside the fulani in a war to keep the Niger Delta in Niggeria .

This is a fact and they've proven it with their stupid lies and distortions .
I made it clear to you that I'm prepared for whatever you bring to the table, I know you as an Ijaw guy so once I have seen you are not the type that will ever see your friend then I have to quash every reconciliation move, note I'm only trying to reconcile with the Niger Delta and Midle Belt and Not the South West and the core North but once I realised you are the type that wish to dine with the enemies I let you be, but honestly I don't want what happen to Saro Wiw and Adaka borro to repeat itself
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by 9japride(m): 1:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

And what is there to like about you Igbos ?

Even your fellow igbos are rejecting you.

[color=#006600][/color]

Your hatred of Igbos has no significance in their success. Igbos are doing great in their various endeavors and the world is moving rapidly and leaving behind hateful actions that were practiced centuries ago. Some people have taken it to be their daily duty to propagate hatred towards the Igbos just to make them look bad in the eyes of Southern Nigeria, but the funny thing everyone know their common enemy.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

Why won't it pay you to have a one Niggeria Marxist state when you can not stand on your own or be ruled by yourselves.

You Igbos are just like your yaribanza cousins and need a third party to rule over you since you are not capable of self governance .

This guy lol, your shame had started shaming me, lol, all you do is be creating enemies for yourself and your tribe so now you had resorted to insulting the Yorubas by referring to them as Yaribanza lol, don't pick up this fight you are planning for your tribe oo or your mother may wish she aborted you when she had the chance
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

I made it clear to you that I'm prepared for whatever you bring to the table, I know you as an Ijaw guy so once I have seen you are not the type that will ever see your friend then I have to quash every reconciliation move, note I'm only trying to reconcile with the Niger Delta and Midle Belt and Not the South West and the core North but once I realised you are the type that wish to dine with the enemies I let you be, but honestly I don't want what happen to Saro Wiw and Adaka borro to repeat itself

I am not Ijaw.

Stop thinking only ijaws hate your ass.

Even your ikwere brothers have rejected you.

We are not in anyway yoked together

Try and get it into your thick Okoro skull

Face your Biastard republic and leave the Niger Delta to fight and aggitate her own cause.

After all, we no call on you during the resource control militancy war so why are you dragging us into your Zio shithole Marxist Biastard colony ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

This guy lol, your shame had started shaming me, lol, all you do is be creating enemies for yourself and your tribe so now you had resorted to insulting the Yorubas by referring to them as Yaribanza lol, don't pick up this fight you are planning for your tribe oo or your mother may wish she aborted you when she had the chance

What part of leaving Nigeria do you not understand ?

The yaribanza is a liability to us through their muslim population just as your Igbo Marxism, tribalism and now Zionism is not compatible to a Christian republic.

Go and face your lesotho of Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

You forgot it was 1966 and no one knows what running a country was really like, it was the experimental phase of our statehoo6
Why did ojukwu oppose it in aburi?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
[s]
GBTYO:

The yaribanza is a liability to us through their muslim population just as your Igbo Marxism, tribalism and now Zionism is not compatible to a Christian republic.

[/s]
Have you resolved boko haram? grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

Lol, you sounds like one of numerous Nnamdi Kanu's student from the Niger Delta, pathetic, you are a clown
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

I am not Ijaw.

Stop thinking only ijaws hate your ass.

Even your ikwere brothers have rejected you.

We are not in anyway yoked together

Try and get it into your thick Okoro skull

Face your Biastard republic and leave the Niger Delta to fight and aggitate her own cause.

After all, we no call on you during the resource control militancy war so why are you dragging us into your Zio shithole Marxist Biastard colony ?
Like I told you Ijaws are my friends, my legal adviser is Ijaw, I only thought you are Ijaw because at one time you brought Isaac Borro in, so of you are not Ijaw please for the sake of your great tribe, kindly minimise your stupid
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

Lol, you sounds like one of numerous Nnamdi Kanu's student from the Niger Delta, pathetic, you are a clown

How can I be a foolish IPOB follower of Rabbi Kanustein when I am here discrediting and dismissing every notion of unity between the ND and Igbo Judases?

As I said time without number in this thread, you igbo judases should stop yoking Niger Delta to your foolishness.

We want nothing to do with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

Like I told you Ijaws are my friends, my legal adviser is Ijaw, I only thought you are Ijaw because at one time you brought Isaac Borro in, so of you are not Ijaw please for the sake of your great tribe, kindly minimise your stupid

Look at this Heeboo Jew rat calling some one stupid

I am not stupid to the point I claim to be what I am not

Unlike you Awusa owned slaves, I know my history .

Judas of Oyigbo .

Yeye

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

How can I be a foolish IPOB follower of Rabbi Kanustein when I am here discrediting and dismissing every notion of unity between the ND and Igbo Judases?

As I said time without number in this thread, you igbo judases should stop yoking Niger Delta to your foolishness.

We want nothing to do with you.

I said you look like a student of Kanu because both of you are abusive and you insults the Yorubas for fun and You said your dream Republic is a Christian state, but Asari Dokubo is a Muslim how do you hope to achieve your aim of being a Christian country,
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

I said you look like a student of Kanu because both of you are abusive and you insults the Yorubas for fun and You said your dream Republic is a Christian state, but Asari Dokubo is a Muslim how do you hope to achieve your aim of being a Christian country,

Since 1945 we've been telling you to fck off to no avail

There is no other way to tell you in clear terms since you are bent on annexing the ND.

We may have to go to war with you judases in the future when this shithole breaks up

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

Since 1945 we've been telling you to fck off to no avail

There is no other way to tell you in clear terms since you are bent on annexing the ND.

We may have to go to war with you judases in the future when this shithole breaks up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wacNdROe2Q
Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by GBTYO: 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
imhotep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wacNdROe2Q

These are no different than your Psychotic Jewish masters.

Islam is the broom of Israel created by Jews to rid Palestine and ME of christians .

You Igbo Judases can as well join them as you serve the same satanic blood lusting god

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
GBTYO:

These are no different than your Psychotic Jewish masters.

Islam is the broom of Israel created by Jews to rid Palestine and ME of christians .

You Igbo Judases can as well join them as you serve the same satanic blood lusting god

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by LukasPodolski: 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2020
AlexBells:

It would be wrong to compare the Chinese investors with Igbo petty traders, China has the second largest economy in the world while SE's economy is the 5th out of 6 regions we have in the country.

the difference here is that, the Chinese are trying to catch-up/ overtake America, Americans do not need to migrate or force their products on other countries perhaps due to earlier development and quality of products, the only way the Chinese could beat Americans is to take their products to other countries doorstep.

Igbos on the other hand are looking for survival, the idea of comparing Chinese with Igbos would've been plausible if SE economy Trump other regions economy, but no SW, SS, NW and NC economy are still far ahead.

ibos mostly sell meagre things for survival that's why you see them with their annoying attitude of pulling people's cloth, Dem go dey pull your cloth saying "my friend come and buy from me" I go sell am cheaply for you" e.t.c, go to Ibrahim Taiwo Road or Challenge,Ilorin you will see your people causing traffic on the road.
and most of them sell their products below the cost price, one ibo woman confessed to me one day, she was literally begging me to pay any amount..

in addition, Chinese girls don't migrate to do prostitution, You will see your girls in even remote parts of the country, In Omu-Aran Kwara state, the third biggest town/city in Kwara, you will see teenage ibo girls wasting their lives..

China migrate to market advanced/flagship goods/technology while Ibos migrate to sell petty things for survival...

compare Igbos with Zimbabweans, Togolese e.t.c

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by laiperi: 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2020
Ndi-Igbo wasted many opportunistic captures of Nigeria by Any Means.

The first ever coup led by Nzeogwu to unite all Nigerians under Igbo. It failed?

Azikiwe was out on leave.

Akweke Nwafor Orizu. Senate President from 16 November 1960 to 15 January 1966, during the Nigerian First Republic. Acting President of Nigeria from late 1965 until the military coup of January 1966.

He handed over, against the wish of the House according to Akinjide: to who?

Aguiyi Ironsi, Coup succeed.

End of Nigeria as we knew it.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Igbos Not Resist Ironsi's Decree 34 ? by AlexBells(m): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
LukasPodolski:

It would be wrong to compare the Chinese investors with Igbo petty traders, China has the second largest economy in the world while SE's economy is the 5th out of 6 regions we have in the country.

the difference here is that, the Chinese are trying to catch-up/ overtake America, Americans do not need to migrate or force their products on other countries perhaps due to earlier development and quality of products, the only way the Chinese could beat Americans is to take their products to other countries doorstep.

Igbos on the other hand are looking for survival, the idea of comparing Chinese with Igbos would've been plausible if SE economy Trump other regions economy, but no SW, SS, NW and NC economy are still far ahead.

ibos mostly sell meagre things for survival that's why you see them with their annoying attitude of pulling people's cloth, Dem go dey pull your cloth saying "my friend come and buy from me" I go sell am cheaply for you" e.t.c, go to Ibrahim Taiwo Road or Challenge,Ilorin you will see your people causing traffic on the road.
and most of them sell their products below the cost price, one ibo woman confessed to me one day, she was literally begging me to pay any amount..

in addition, Chinese girls don't migrate to do prostitution, You will see your girls in even remote parts of the country, In Omu-Aran Kwara state, the third biggest town/city in Kwara, you will see teenage ibo girls wasting their lives..

China migrate to market advanced/flagship goods/technology while Ibos migrate to sell petty things for survival...

compare Igbos with Zimbabweans, Togolese e.t.c
I'm not responsible to you on who I compare Igbos to, you just want to paint the most derogatory picture of Igbo even up to the point where you elevate the Chinese, lol.

Now back to the question, I won't even need to throw a direct jab at your tribe but those petty traders are landlords in Lagos and Abuja, how could you say that Igboland is this or that and I can't compare Igbo to China, does Igbos travel with an Igboland passport or a Nigerian passport.

Do you know the territories in China, Igbos today are Nigerians and as such we have the right to stay where we want, we compare to China because we are in a country and even a great chunk of south west Economy is remitted to the South East, compare Igbos to a region in China like Wuhan etc.

Having said that, Igbos will migrate to any part of the country, thank God this is no longer a regional government that can give your lots the chance to make their own anti emigration laws, deal with it, if for the main time if you don't like seeing Igbos around pack your bags and move to togo, Benin etc as for you talking about small Igbo girls doing Ashawo job, no Tribe in Nigeria that does not have Ashawo among them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria To Build $1.3 Billion Zungeru Hydropower Plant / Did Peter Obi's Intelligent SANS Consider This Part Of The Constitution? / Video Of Aki And Paw Paw's Visit To Flood Victims Camp In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.