Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,310 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

"3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? (30837 Views)

Nysc Terminal Leave / How Do I Reprint My PPA Letter?? / NYSC 2016 Stream 1 Terminal Leave Commences On The 3rd Of October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by iHart(m): 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
H
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Nicargo: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
angry
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by bigtt76(f): 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
So your service year technically is 12 months or 52 weeks, but you are granted 3 weeks leave in line with labor law which mandates employers to grant employees leave. The first week of your 12th month is for POP while the remaining 3 weeks is your terminal leave leading to formal disengagement from service.

Swealy:
Am tired of my PPA I need leave
What does it mean and how can I use it ?

4 Likes

Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Judolisco(m): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
It's jst like terminal leave now... If u r working with federal government they give u three months terminal leave after 35 years of service or mandatory retirement age... It's just nysc way of saying thank you... For that three weeks u r still a corper and u can still wear ur uniform although ur id card would have been taken from you...
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by SctDonald(m): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
What is the meaning of termination to you..?
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by olaniyi50(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2020
Swealy:

A lot of corp members don't understand this terminal leave of a thing. Let me explain as I was explained to by one of the officials.

The terminal leave is meant to be taken at the end of the service year. It is because of traveling purposes.

At the end of your service, after you've been presented with your discharge certificate, you are no longer a corp member officially, but for the sake of people that will be travelling back to their far states, nycs presents a 3 week leave, while on this leave, you will still be under the benefits nysc offers should in case an accident happens, nysc will be the one to take care of all the bills

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by AmeLonRo(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
It means you will finish NYSC 3 weeks before the 52 weeks that make a year. Thats your annual leave.

https://thenewkokoro.com/2020/11/25/594/
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by GeoAfrikana(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
Swealy:

They should have explained this to you during your camping exercise.

Terminal leave is one of the most misunderstood terms in NYSC.

Many people think terminal leave is three weeks before your POP. So they stop going to their PPA once their POP date has been fixed.

Rather, terminal leave is after your POP. The day of your POP isn't the day you cease to be a corp member. You cease to be a corp member a year after your call. Terminal leave is the period between your POP and the day your service will complete a year. This period is usually three weeks.

Those three weeks are there for you to prepare yourself for your journey home also to travel home. Those three weeks are your terminal leave.

1 Like

Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Chuksmonika(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
them dey explain all these in camp na... Na your period of leave, just count three week from the date una enta camp, count am backwards, any day wey eh stop na that day be una POP, normally on Thursdays as it were.
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
Swealy:

You can't take the leave. It's granted to everyone at the end of the sevice year.

That's why NYSC ends three weeks earlier than it should.
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by mansmith(m): 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2020
Get a new job
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by biafranrealson: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
its 3 weeks leave only enjoyed towards the end of your service year.
simply put 3 weeks leave for u
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Yankee101: 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2020
You can leave work 3 weeks before your last day and still get paid for those 3 weeks
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Belmot(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
Your terminal leave start immediately you receive your certificate.
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by cynthia500(f): 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2020
“You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.”
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2020
Swealy:
It means you will have your POP 30 days (21 working days) before you are one year in service. In other words, you will serve your father's land for 11 months. 1 month is leave
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Forexfocus: 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
dontknow
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by Brunicekid(m): 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2020
The three weeks terminal leave before POP is just to "relax all the stress of the entire one year service year"... Shikenah!!
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by quickly: 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2020
its means you will be paid during the vacation period and after that dont come back again.

Terminal leave= final leave before final discharge.

THey give it to retirement ppl.
FOR EXAMPLE/
Say your retirement/layoff date is 1/1/2021

From December 7 to DEc 30 you are on 3 weeks terminal leave and your retire /layoff on the 1st of JanuARY.
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by mechanics(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
Read your NYSC bulletin on how you can get your leave, but to me you don't really have leave o.
Re: "3 Weeks Terminal Leave" On PPA Letter - What Does It Mean? by bjtinz: 5:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
GeoAfrikana:

They should have explained this to you during your camping exercise.

Terminal leave is one of the most misunderstood terms in NYSC.

Many people think terminal leave is three weeks before your POP. So they stop going to their PPA once their POP date has been fixed.

Rather, terminal leave is after your POP. The day of your POP isn't the day you cease to be a corp member. You cease to be a corp member a year after your call. Terminal leave is the period between your POP and the day your service will complete a year. This period is usually three weeks.

Those three weeks are there for you to prepare yourself for your journey home also to travel home. Those three weeks are your terminal leave.

Best answer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corper Drowns In Boat Accident A Month To Completion Of His Service, Buried / Life After The NYSC: The Grim Reality! / 29-Year-Old Corper Slumps, Dies While Playing Basketball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.