Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (55841 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Sameazy15: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
Me, no female friends visiting

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Charleys: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2020
We don't play music here.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by hashtagged(m): 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
Don't wash clothes inside the house, I wonder if she could come inside my house and stop me

261 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Camelot65: 1:22pm On Nov 25, 2020
No female friends allowed..... is like you aff mad ni undecidedundecided

26 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Only stove is allowed, anything gas is prohibited,

She actually came to my house to tell me that, I laughed and sternly told her it's not possible, I don't know how to use stove cos I was not brought up with it, told her not to worry I'll be careful with it, that stove can also burn down the house if that's what she's scared of,

She walked out of my place embarrassed.

417 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2020
He said I shouldn't bring friends to my apartment. grin grin grin I was like WTF?

Incase you don't know na me talk

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 25, 2020

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SILENTandSMART2: 2:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Whala for we wey no get landlord,

lemme wait for the elders and the experienced peaple to comment smiley

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Stephenmoka4(m): 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
No gas, no electric cooker and no self fixing of electrical circuit. Maka why

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by tiffanyfan(f): 2:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
He said gen is not allowed in his house, and no one dares to flout that rule.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Greystone: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2020
tiffanyfan:
He said gen is not allowed in his house, and no one dares to flaunt that rule.

Wait oh...

So if Nepa takes light, u all sit in darkness?

Or did ur landlord provide Mikano gen for the compound?

325 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Earthstorms(m): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
He pointed out his wife and pointed out his eldest daughter to me and warned me not to go after his wife and said I can go after his daughter.

A man giving you the go ahead to go after his daughter was strange to me.

398 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by tiffanyfan(f): 3:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
Greystone:

So if Nepa takes light, u all sit in darkness?

Or did ur landlord provide Mikano gen for the compound?

We all stay in darkness ni o... he said it's dangerous. Thank God I'm out of that house. Very wicked landlord

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by VictoriaNkechi(f): 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2020
...... grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by GodWrites: 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
Earthstorms:
He pointed out his wife and pointed out his eldest daughter to me and warned me not to go after his wife and said I can go after his daughter.

You probably have a charming personality, hence such direct hook up lol. Every man wants the best man for their daughter.

245 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by mytime24(f): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
Here to read comments embarassed

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by rowland545(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2020
Wahala for us way still never leave papa and mama house sad

But next year I will tell u mine

150 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Auladimeji(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2020
My landlady no get your time...

233 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by descarado: 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Only stove is allowed, anything gas is prohibited,

She actually came to my house to tell me that, I laughed and sternly told her it's not possible, I don't know how to use stove cos I was not brought up with it, told her not to worry I'll be careful with it, that stove can also burn down the house if that's what she's scared of,

She walked out of my place embarrassed.
Sometimes I don't blame these people. Once they are convinced you know what you are doing, they will let you be.
A tenant burned down one of my houses. From the roof was razed down.

141 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Karleb(m): 4:20pm On Nov 25, 2020
Mama was angry I brought someone into my room without informing her.

Rule of thumb; don't stay with your landlord/lady.

184 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Ayemileto(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2020
Earthstorms:

Maybe his wife was young too. So, he had to point out both so you can know which one to approach and which one to stay off from.

Lol.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by ibnlawal(m): 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
Don't come home late, our gate will be closed by 10pm.
I told him I'm an avid football fan, that perhaps sometimes I might be a little late. He said I should pack out then.

The caretaker had to intervene. Then he laid out another set of rules; Don't touch my vegetables, Pay security money, ur female friends too much, and several others.... I was like TF, security bill? I lasted a year then packed out to exactly opposite his house, we still see almost everyday and I always do my best to greet him.
The wife and I are still cool tho, she seems more reasonable than the man

256 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dayoebe(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
Me and Landlord no get time to talk. As long as I pay my dues timely.
He dare not raise an eyebrow on my way of living.

Though his wife has urged me severally to buy things from her.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Alonso80(m): 4:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
1. Landlady said I shouldn’t wash inside the house and if I do should come downstairs to pour the water outside.

2. Crazy woman was always paranoid anytime I had visitor(s) over. Complaining about her soak away getting full.

3. Another would always shut the gate by 7pm and I was always breaking and replacing the padlocks.

Word of advise: Never stay in the same house with a landlady especially if she’s single.

321 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Earthstorms(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
Ayemileto:

Maybe his wife was young too. So, he had to point out both so you can know which one to approach and which one to stay off from.

Lol.

The wife was actually young looking for someone with such a grown up daughter.

I later realised that the man is an easy going man.

But I kept off the daughter and the wife.

212 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by jawalis(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2020
Landlady said no punching of nails and other stuffs on the wall. Damn. I already have 2 different shelves on my wall now aside my TV and gadget shelve.
She said hotplate is not allowed, now; I have a double faced hotplate.
She said no female visitors after 10. My ex used to spend weeks with me.
She said no wearing of trousers for ladies, babes in the compound uses leggings now and dye their hairs. And lots more.
She’s aware of these things all but there’s nothing she can do anymore.

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BigDawsNet: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
Noise Control

Control the aroma of African dishes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Quelme: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
Two persons must not stay in a room and visitors are not allowed to use the toilet, why?
Because toilet go quick full.

Ekpoma that year!

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by clevybrown(m): 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
Back then in University days, a portharcourt landlord, an Ikwere man to be precise,once told me that non of my friends are permitted to pass the night in my room except I will have to pay him extra if that must happen and also that he will be the one to approve the kind of friends that will come to his compound to visit me and that anyone he doesn't approve must stop visiting grin grin grin grin

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by britiko: 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2020
Lol.

I was supposed to lease a room in a townhouse as a student.

Landlord says my bedsheets, duvet and window blinds must be color Red.

I never went back after inspection.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Tookool(m): 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2020
This landlady said anyone visiting me must sign at the gate before they are allowed in, I'm not allowed more than 1 visitor on weekdays and 2 on weekends. No visitor is allowed to stay past 7pm or sleep over. My mom was furious cus she went with me to inspect the apartment when I got an admission in school. #calabar

33 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pls Urgent Response Needed, How Much Will It Cost To Build House Like This(pics / Japa: Canada Bans Foreigners Others From Buying Houses / Ifeanyi Ubah's Games Village In Nnewi In 4D (Pix)