Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (55974 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by kponkedenge(m): 6:09am On Nov 27, 2020
tiffanyfan:
He said gen is not allowed in his house, and no one dares to flout that rule.

I know of a house in my area that this rule still applies to them. It's so unfortunate some landlords are still living in the stone age.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by 9niceguy(m): 6:25am On Nov 27, 2020
debbydams:
No male nd female friends allowed to visit, I must be in my room by 7pm.. I spent one week nd i.packed out 0..my friends came to help me with light nd dx man � embarrassed them I moved out that day with d money I paid.. The one I collected next, I must wake up by 5am to sweep, only one bf is allowed nd i.will introduce him to.. I must not cook inside my perishable (tomatoes, pepper, onions) must be in my room.. Food cabinet. Is not allowed inside d room, after 8pm d gate must b locked.. My bf must buy landlrd gift whenever he comes to visit.. My experience as a student in kwara state.

Did you just say kwara ? grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by eddyroyal(m): 6:29am On Nov 27, 2020
Tookool:
This landlady said anyone visiting me must sign at the gate before they are allowed in, I'm not allowed more than 1 visitor on weekdays and 2 on weekends. No visitor is allowed to stay past 7pm or sleep over. My mom was furious cus she went with me to inspect the apartment when I got an admission in school. #calabar
Where in calabar?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by tiffanyfan(f): 6:30am On Nov 27, 2020
kponkedenge:

I know of a house in my area that this rule still applies to them. It's so unfortunate some landlords are still living in the stone age.

The rule exist till date.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by macfish101(m): 6:32am On Nov 27, 2020
No visitors. This one shock me oo.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Tookool(m): 6:35am On Nov 27, 2020
eddyroyal:

Where in calabar?
Not even Marian, South.
The house is at Ekpo Abasi by Main Avenue,the first house you see when you turn right into main avenue from Ekpo Abasi
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by obotematics: 6:40am On Nov 27, 2020
Please don't look at my daughters
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by mecusbosco(m): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2020
Must be a Yoruba man! When I was serving as a Corp member in Osun state, our VP called us Corp members and said thus "You see all these children, take care of them but pls stay away from our wives"

Earthstorms:
He pointed out his wife and pointed out his eldest daughter to me and warned me not to go after his wife and said I can go after his daughter.

A man giving you the go ahead to go after his daughter was strange to me.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Joseph08(m): 6:43am On Nov 27, 2020
I don't live with landlord or landlady grin

In order to avoid unnecessary rules and regulations.

Anytime I go for house viewing and finds out the landlord or landlady lives there I'm not coming back simple grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Burna440(m): 6:48am On Nov 27, 2020
That no friend could visit and spend d night.... I just laff carry phone call 6 of my guys make dem come stay for 1 week..... shock baba
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Edwin046(m): 6:56am On Nov 27, 2020
My landlord a retired DSS official,lol the man no get ur time,was surprise the day he dash me a life chicken hahahah,two of her daughter be wan put me for trouble,thank God they are back to school

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by adanny01(m): 6:57am On Nov 27, 2020
A friend of mine got a nice 2 bedroom flat and 1 bathroom with no toilet.

The landlord prohibited shitting inside his house and provided outside toilet.m

My friend offered to buy a WC and install free but the landlord said over his dead body.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dbeautifulme(f): 6:57am On Nov 27, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin grin. I Neva met my landlords b4 ,they all ran away to Yankee and handed their houses to caretakers, , care takers no send us.
If u lik be carrying olosho aiii day..

I kip getting igbo smoking neighbors angry grin

I swear... Me too����
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by firstratedcitiz(m): 6:59am On Nov 27, 2020
Take your lies elsewhere if you have nothing meaningful to say.
collinsuchendu:
grin Could you imagine that my landlady had the guts to tell me that I should make sure I always satisfy her first daughter else she will send me packing. Lol.. funny but true.

Well, that's the effects of living in a coded oloshos compound.

The dude below what do you have to say?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by krownie: 7:00am On Nov 27, 2020
tiffanyfan:
He said gen is not allowed in his house, and no one dares to flout that rule.

that's a man who has seen alot in life
he probably saved your life, u can't tell..
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Biglittlelois(f): 7:04am On Nov 27, 2020
[s]
One4me:

Its not your house, you are just a bloody Tenant! undecided grin
How can she walked out of her house and be embarrassed? Some of you are jokers. grin
Gas is more flammable than Kerosine and some houses dont have enough space to store the Gas Cylinder, far away enough from the Kitchen.
In such situation, she is absolutely right to say the house is not equipped to deal with using gas.

She might just be saving your life and that of your family members afterall, many, many stubborn ones like you have 'gone with the gas'.

But l blame some House owners, why would you wait till a tenant moves-in, before stating all your Do's and Don'ts? All these should be part of a well-crafted Rent Agreement, properly signed and executed so that if a tenant goes against it, they are out as fast as they came in.
If they cant leave with your rules, they should go elsewhere to look for another house or build their own, its that simple.
My House, My Rules. You disobey, You leave.
[/s]

This one has ego problem, your wahala

It is my house because I paid for it, and she very well knows that and respects me,

In fact, we are so much in tune she also started using gas, so stop crying unnecessarily.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Biglittlelois(f): 7:06am On Nov 27, 2020
kponkedenge:

What I don't get is, why didn't she tell you that before you moved into the house?

That was why she jejely left, we are in good terms sha, she uses gas lately.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Biglittlelois(f): 7:11am On Nov 27, 2020
RPG2020:

Who is your daddy? Before i talk wetin dey my mind

So my daddy has to be an important personality because I wasn't brought up with stove? You are insecure and have complex issues.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Biglittlelois(f): 7:12am On Nov 27, 2020
Dpaulie:

Indomie generation

I was actually born in the 80s, but I understand your insecurity and complex issues.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Donspicey: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Be careful not to nack down my building..........

One round is ok...............

Stick to one Babe,i look her finish tell am say,Ma'am i no get Babe,,she was like wooooowww!!!!.....

And i was like mehn ur daughter go hear word ooooo

Las Las i discharge leave dem,i no fit dey kpansh who don get "issue".....
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by ggood: 7:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Here is the North there no such rules house is like biscuits and affordable you do what you like , the landlord pay Electricity Bill

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by anoziechi(f): 7:19am On Nov 27, 2020
You must always buy from his wife... But I will always go to the man opposite her cos the man is easy going... The landlord wan use eye kee me..
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by mukthar2000(m): 7:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Gate would be close by 10pm and no uses of Generator .
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Donspicey: 7:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I was actually born in the 80s, but I understand your insecurity and complex issues.

Lolsss,,,so na Gas dem dey use in the 80's??

Ohh ohhh ohhhhh,,now i remember na NEPTUNE u dey base,,,u no dey dis EARTH..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Yxxx: 7:29am On Nov 27, 2020
adanny01:
A friend of mine got a nice 2 bedroom flat and 1 bathroom with no toilet.

The landlord prohibited shitting inside his house and provided outside toilet.m

My friend offered to buy a WC and install free but the landlord said over his dead body.

Hmmm
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BrutalJab: 7:35am On Nov 27, 2020
Quelme:
Two persons must not stay in a room and visitors are not allowed to use the toilet, why?
Because toilet go quick full.

Ekpoma that year!

1T4 street?

Looks like my friend hostel grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Godmademan(m): 7:36am On Nov 27, 2020
Earthstorms:
He pointed out his wife and pointed out his eldest daughter to me and warned me not to go after his wife and said I can go after his daughter.

A man giving you the go ahead to go after his daughter was strange to me.

Na Togo man?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Yaks02(m): 7:38am On Nov 27, 2020
Earthstorms:

The wife was actually young looking for someone with such a grown up daughter.

I later realised that the man is an easy going man.

But I kept off the daughter and the wife.

Dat girl must have been angry with u..... She must have said u ain't man enough
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by MrTechy(m): 7:39am On Nov 27, 2020
Tookool:
This landlady said anyone visiting me must sign at the gate before they are allowed in, I'm not allowed more than 1 visitor on weekdays and 2 on weekends. No visitor is allowed to stay past 7pm or sleep over. My mom was furious cus she went with me to inspect the apartment when I got an admission in school. #calabar
Where be this oooh, I dey calabar oooh
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by JIREN01: 7:40am On Nov 27, 2020
Rextizzle:
Yes! where is that dirty place that you are staying
looool. Wetin this girl do you?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by DragonFire442: 7:42am On Nov 27, 2020
britiko:
Lol.

I was supposed to lease a room in a townhouse as a student.

Landlord says my bedsheets, duvet and window blinds must be color Red.

I never went back after inspection.

The landlord must be a native doctor or a ritualist

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by debbydams(f): 7:45am On Nov 27, 2020
9niceguy:

Did you just say kwara ? grin
seriously

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets For Your Building / How Many 9" Blocks Are Required To Fence A 60ft By 120 Ft Plot? / Dr. Harvey Olufunm Buys House 3 Years After Migrating To UK - See How He Did It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.