Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (55980 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by alexsoftwork(m): 9:01am On Nov 27, 2020
Pls all these stuff that am reading, do they tell u guys b4 paying rent or after?

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Psoul(m): 9:05am On Nov 27, 2020
I am a Landlord. I don't make unnecessary rules for my tenants.
Those that their house rents were due during the lockdown and shortly after got discount from me.
I make sure they are comfortable. Whenever I visit the place, they all rush out to greet me even those owing me.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by DFERENCE: 9:07am On Nov 27, 2020
Gate closes 10pm
No female friends allowed
No music
No washing in the room and water must be deposed outside the compound & can't flush the water too
No drilling holes on the wall to insert shelves or tv or inserting air-conditioning
You can't paint the exterior of the house, but inside the room you are free
Your male friends can visit as long as they don't shout( boys will be boys naaaaaah)
No gas cooker or electric cooker sai e dey burn house wiring
You can't step outside your room with boxers
Weytin pain me na after i pay dem come dey tell me this thing

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by debbydams(f): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2020
Rextizzle:
It's just hard to believe, maybe u stay in a cheap apartment that's why, if not imagine me paying 1. 5 million on rent yearly and one idiot called a landlord comes to frustrate me, I will just collect my money jejely and move elsewhere
I was a student o.cant rent an expensive house � o
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Arizonaguy(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2020
One4me:

You use DC Inverters at night and if you are not happy, you leave.
Landlords are of different shades. undecided
The chief counsel appointed by the landlords association is here
Take it easy, your progenies are gonna be tenants someday, somewhere

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SoapQueen(f): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2020
hashtagged:
Don't wash clothes inside the house, I wonder if she could come inside my house and stop me

Did I write this? Wow! Exactly what my landlord told me. House that I paid so much for. Wicked souls.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by clevybrown(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2020
divinitybillz:

BRO, DID U ATTEND UNIPORT?
yes oooo cool

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Tookool(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2020
SavageMaster:

Na Primary school boarding house you enter oh
I didn't get the apartment o
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by clevybrown(m): 9:19am On Nov 27, 2020
99thEnemy:

Probably afraid of portharcourt baggers
It goes beyond being afraid of whatever, when u meet a typical Ikwere landlord, u will know its their way of life
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by KayCee92(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Before u screw anything, I must be there to see that u don't perforate the house too much. I will hang ur curtains and everything myself grin grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by asiwajusirkay(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2020
My own landlord just increased house rent from 150k to 200k....�
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by McPolomy(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2020
;DLol.. Most comments here are not weird to be sincere... Here this one...
"Females should not tie wrapper alone and Males are forbidden to wear boxers alone in the compound... I fainted kiss
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Quelme: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2020
BrutalJab:

1T4 street?

Looks like my friend hostel grin
Ihumudumu, G2
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by massalati(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2020
Alonso80:
1. Landlady said I shouldn’t wash inside the house and if I do should come downstairs to pour the water outside.

2. Crazy woman was always paranoid anytime I had visitor(s) over. Complaining about her soak away getting full.

3. Another would always shut the gate by 7pm and I was always breaking and replacing the padlocks.

Word of advise: Never stay in the same house with a landlady especially if she’s single.

Are you in calabar?

this is what we are facing here in calabar and my landlady is a single mother too, her wahala big pass bicycle.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SoapQueen(f): 9:34am On Nov 27, 2020
One4me:

I am sure when she hears and sees soapy wash water pouring out of your inside, she wont know you just did exactly that.
Some of you think you are the only smart ones around when infact, you ain't half as smart as you think you are.

Depending on the kind of house, it may not be appropriate to wash clothes inside or pour the wash water from inside.
Let me give you an example: House uses Bio-Digester System. Tenants wash Clothes and pour it inside the WC.
This destroys the bacteria inside the Bio-Digester and destroys the system.

Now, would a Landlady be wrong to ask a Tenant not to wash inside or pour Soapy water into the WC system in this instance?

Absolutely not! So, what you should have done is try to seek an understanding with your Landlady, on why she imposed such restriction. instead of trying to outsmart her.
Las las, she will send your sorry ass packing. undecided undecided

Stop this dusty behavior! Tf How can someone pay almost #600k for house rent for example? And the landlord is telling her not to wash inside the house? The Landlord can as well go to hell with the hellhole he calls a house!

Send whose sorry ass packing? My Money, I'm king. His subpar house, his loss! Everyone moves on!!!

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SoapQueen(f): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2020
adanny01:
A friend of mine got a nice 2 bedroom flat and 1 bathroom with no toilet.

The landlord prohibited shitting inside his house and provided outside toilet.m

My friend offered to buy a WC and install free but the landlord said over his dead body.

Imagine the rubbish. They keep acting like they are doing tenants a favor.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by sidonlook: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2020
You must stop the air from transferring the sweet aroma of your stew from getting to her apartment.
Otherwise your rent increase.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Biggers82(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2020
He has 3 daughters and they like fvcking he said I should not fvck any of them even wen they came begging I should not.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SoapQueen(f): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2020
Biglittlelois:
[s][/s]

This one has ego problem, your wahala

It is my house because I paid for it, and she very well knows that and respects me,

In fact, we are so much in tune she also started using gas, so stop crying unnecessarily.

Don't mind him. I've been seeing him rant all over these posts like a fishwife. My house this, my house that. Was he not a tenant before he built a property? Even if he wasn't, does he have houses in every country of the world? Such a narcissistic, egoistical chauvinist.

The way some landlords destabilize people ehn, you will feel sorry. It's not by force to build a tenant house. Also, these landlords collect caution fees from tenants, so I wonder why they keep crying like big toddlers when there is something that needs to be fixed.

P.S : This doesn't go to say some tenants aren't certified demons though.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Biggers82(m): 9:52am On Nov 27, 2020
ibnlawal:
Don't come home late, our gate will be closed by 10pm.
I told him I'm an avid football fan, that perhaps sometimes I might be a little late. He said I should pack out then.

The caretaker had to intervene. Then he laid out another set of rules; Don't touch my vegetables, Pay security money, ur female friends too much, and several others.... I was like TF, security bill? I lasted a year then packed out to exactly opposite his house, we still see almost everyday and I always do my best to greet him.
The wife and I are still cool tho, she seems more reasonable than the man

And you they share his Wife with him Mbok? See you see wahala ooo
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by JONSYN7154: 10:04am On Nov 27, 2020
clevybrown:
Back then in University days, a portharcourt landlord, an Ikwere man to be precise,once told me that non of my friends are permitted to pass the night in my room except I will have to pay him extra if that must happen and also that he will be the one to approve the kind of friends that will come to his compound to visit me and that anyone he doesn't approve must stop visiting grin grin grin grin

I agree with you. Port Harcourt landLord more especially ikwere they can be so rude. I was at elakahia that's how one told me no bringing of ladies. as I won park comot na so I purposely nake him 4 girls.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by wcel: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2020
Office Space for rent in Lekki Phase 1.
* Fully furnished Office with toilet facility
* Guaranteed power supply
* Secured parking
* Conference room available (extra charge)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dpaulie(m): 10:29am On Nov 27, 2020
Biglittlelois:

I was actually born in the 80s, but I understand your insecurity and complex issues.
Even if u are the richest in your community in the 80s, you use stove.. you can insult me as a little kid you’re... but changes nothing about you been an indomie generation!!!

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by AdeniyiA(m): 10:30am On Nov 27, 2020
Carry your(wife) plates outside to wash, the noise of plates touching themselves is hitting on my head... I was like wtf!

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BrutalJab: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2020
Quelme:
Ihumudumu, G2
grin Nawa
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 27, 2020
I was once told in a house I wanted to rent that visitors are not allowed to pass the night even family members. What happens when my mom and sisters come visiting? metcheew,, I didn't even bother.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Emmzy201(m): 10:42am On Nov 27, 2020
sonnie10:
God bless Baba, thou I called him Daddy.
He said, son I want you to be financially stable before you are 30.
He said I will teach you how to invest in stocks and you must show me that you are investing.

Those rules helped kept me committed to investing.

Those days, stock brokers would be very selective in choosing their clients. They didn’t want just anybody’s business.
Baba took me to his personal broker and signed as a guarantor.
That was how I started building my portfolio.
God bless Baba’s soul as he rests on .

you're really lucky
comman be my mentor too
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2020
clevybrown:
Back then in University days, a portharcourt landlord, an Ikwere man to be precise,once told me that non of my friends are permitted to pass the night in my room except I will have to pay him extra if that must happen and also that he will be the one to approve the kind of friends that will come to his compound to visit me and that anyone he doesn't approve must stop visiting grin grin grin grin

PH landlords are something else. One almost dealth with me I had to inform my dad and popsi came down to PH to meet him that was the end of his noise and he became so good to me including his family.

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Mrbaz1: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2020
debbydams:
offa 2013 2014
lmao, sounds like my Grand ma's house
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Seyzcham91(m): 10:48am On Nov 27, 2020
you no tell em you no be gay
Sameazy15:
Me, no female friends visiting

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Seyzcham91(m): 10:54am On Nov 27, 2020
if na me i go chop the daughter oo since na him give the go ahead

Good things no dey pass me by
Earthstorms:

The wife was actually young looking for someone with such a grown up daughter.

I later realised that the man is an easy going man.

But I kept off the daughter and the wife.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by debbydams(f): 10:57am On Nov 27, 2020
Mrbaz1:
lmao, sounds like my Grand ma's house

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Quality Aluminum Roofing Sheets For Your Building / How Many 9" Blocks Are Required To Fence A 60ft By 120 Ft Plot? / Dr. Harvey Olufunm Buys House 3 Years After Migrating To UK - See How He Did It!