Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family (51158 Views)

Photo Of Vendor Supplying Water To Bayelsa State Water Board Goes Viral / Gbajabiamila Visits Family Of Vendor Shot By His Security Aide / Jacket Worn By Gbajabiamila Costs N1.2M - Feyi Fawehinmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Trumpcard05: 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
Josephine Okereke, the wife of the newspaper vendor shot and killed by a Department of State Services operatives attached to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has disowned her husband’s family over their demand for N500m compensation.

Josephine spoke at a press conference in Abuja on Thursday.

The family of Ifeanyichukwu Okereke had written to Gbajabiamila, demanding N500m.

Lawyer to the family, Chief Mike Ozekhome (SAN), in a letter dated November 23, 2020, said he was given the mandate to write the letter by the father of the deceased, Okorie Okereke; and the younger brother to the deceased, Destiny Okereke.

The DSS had last week arrested the operative, Abdullahi Hassan, who shot Okereke while Gbajabiamila had also visited the family of the deceased and promised to ensure that they do not suffer.

However, the family demanded more, adding that nothing could bring the dead vendor back to life.

The widow, however, said she was not aware of the pre-litigation process, urging the Speaker to ignore the family fulfil his promises to her and her two children.

https://punchng.com/n500m-widow-of-vendor-killed-by-gbajabiamilas-aide-disowns-family/

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Nbotee(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
I had actually been waiting for dis. Trust some family members to try to cash out using dis opportunity. I trust dem to give d woman hell.. Now dey have smelt d possibility of money dey'll creep out from all corners now to claim he's their son and breadwinner

287 Likes 17 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Macrofrancis(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
It is such a pity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Freestainworld(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
Greedy people, what do they want Gbajabiamila to do, he showed remorse, also visited the deceased family and promise to take care of them, was he the one that shot the vendor? culprit is already arrested, what more do they they want.

239 Likes 12 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by seunmsg(m): 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
Wow! Just wow!

The woman must be very courageous. I commend her for this bold and honest move. The greedy family who want to make a fortune out of the sad death of their brother can go ahead with the suit, they won't get a kobo.

210 Likes 9 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nbotee:

I want to assume d sun has melted wateva contents u have in ur head
The same sun shines over your head,or should I assume you live in a cage?

3 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by AbijaJ: 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nbotee:
I had actually been waiting for dis. Trust some family members to try to cash out using dis opportunity. I trust dem to give d woman hell

They will show the woman Pepper. She probably doesn't trust them hence her voicing out. They might end up not giving her anything out of the settlement sef. The family fit no even send the deceased while he was alive.

144 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Fahdiga(m): 1:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
Greedy family members. they might not even be in good terms with the deceased before his demise but are now forming brothers keeper

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Smart woman. They really disrespected the woman by pressing such demands. They did not even consult her.
The Husband's family are very useless, very stupid and very wicked. Same applies to all those whoever support the demands of the family.

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by ivolt: 1:05pm On Nov 26, 2020
If that woman isn't careful, she will get nothing of the compensation due to her and her children. Since the man has no big property they can seize from his wife, they are attempting to corner the compensation due to his young kids. Shame on those scavengers who pretend to care.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by thorpido(m): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
The woman is smart.The man's family will corner all that money and leave her and the children high and dry.

6 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by afroniger: 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2020
AbijaJ:

They will show the woman Pepper. She probably doesn't trust them hence her voicing out. They might end up not giving her anything out of the settlement sef. The family fit no even send the deceased while he was alive.

True talk.

5 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Yebosola(m): 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
zangaozanga:
OSU f1latheads na their way

I castigated their lots, 10 of them came into my mention vomiting gibberish, people that don't value women, how can't the poor woman inherit d dead man? They will just cash out on d poor woman and push her out. I have been vindicated.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by double0seven(m): 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
But what does Gbajamila means by she'll take of her. That's so vague. Is she suppose to be coming to her every month to settle her bills? For how long will that continue before it stops?

Even though the family of the man maybe be greedy, but the woman sure needs some legal advice & guardian.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
God bless the woman.

5 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Standing5(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
Home video stunts.

1 Like

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by greymiles: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
Afonjaz always after our flat headed women.
Probably Gbaja has been eyeing the woman
Or maybe the whole death was to inherit his wife

5 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by omoelesa(m): 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2020
Everything is bizness to our eastern brothers.Greediness is in the blood.

16 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by ThatFairGuy1: 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
I'm not condemning anyone, it's right Islamically (blood money). Do what suits you

2 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by LegendHero(m): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nawa o.

2 Likes

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by ggood: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2020
where were the family when that guy was struggling under the sun

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by iReddington: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
The widow, however, said she was not aware of the pre-litigation process, urging the Speaker to ignore the family fulfil his promises to her and her two children.
For her to voice out, she knows the family and culture well, they seem very desperate and greedy. They can even collect money, throw her out and not give her and her children a dime. It's not unusual in that part of the world where women are subjugated and have no rights over claims and property.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Simplehuman: 3:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by Simplehuman: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2020
Wahala
Re: N500m: Widow Of Vendor Killed By Gbajabiamila’s Aide Disowns Family by olamidedivotee(f): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
Nawa4nl:

Typical Almajiri trying to make it tribal

I know that no Yoruba can display ur level of stupidity, so you must be an Almajir posing as a Yoruba person
omo oodua ni mi tokan tokan

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' / Charles Idahosa Dumps APC, Says PDP A More Organised Party / NNPP Announces Ladipo Johnson As Kwankwaso's Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.