Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,401 members, 7,846,700 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei (626 Views)

Osinbajo Tell Nigerian Youth To Quit Complaining, Move On In Spite Of Challenges / Kankara: FG Will Continue To Work Hard At Protecting Nigerians - Osinbajo / 'We Are Not In Business Of Deceiving Nigerians' – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by murecool(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2020
FG welcomes partnership with tech companies to build capacity, employ more Nigerians.

The idea of a partnership between the Federal Government and technology companies to develop an eco-system of competent Nigerians working in the service sector and even outsourcing their expertise abroad is a welcome development and a step in the right direction in job creation.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, stated this during a virtual courtesy call from Huawei Nigeria, led by its new CEO, Trevor Liu on Thursday.

According to the Vice President, “I think that Huawei and the Federal Government should work as partners, not just a business relationship, but a relationship that also takes employment into account, especially with our young population.”

Continuing, Prof. Osinbajo said, “we need to develop an ecosystem of competent Nigerians who can work locally and get international jobs as well, a business-outsourcing-type arrangement.”  

He acknowledged the work Huawei had done in the past with training of Nigerians but reiterated the need for employment opportunities that go beyond capacity building.

Prof Osinbajo explained that “every other technology company does training programmes, but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking at something that shows Huawei wants to be a partner with Nigeria, working together as a corporate organization that sees itself as a part of Nigeria’s future. There are loads of people who have done training but have no work”

He further went on to say “I want us to do something groundbreaking and different.” 

“Let’s see something that gives young people more than training, gives them some opportunity as well because this ecosystem will require a lot of people who see Huawei not just as a business but a brand that’s interested in them going forward” 

Responding, the CEO of Huawei Nigeria, Trevor Liu, said that the strategy of the company is indeed to focus on investing in young people in every country in which they operate, adding that the company has invested in a lot of young people in Nigeria but would also like to do more. 

He assured the Federal Government that Huawei would invest more resources in young people and give a progress update, adding that it’s the plan of the company to position Nigeria as a technology center for the continent.

Also present at the meeting were Otunba Lanre Odekunle, Deputy Managing Director of Huawei and Michael Zhuang, the General Manager of Huawei in Nigeria.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
27th November 2020

https://www.operanewsapp.com/ng/en/share/detail?news_id=e002ada6440a23ca7bacf06f2ecf1b2e&news_entry_id=s14927cfd201127en_ng&open_type=tanscoded&request_id=news_13b74d0a-a8e5-4cfb-b14e-b7a0279c03be&from=news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Obijulius: 9:35am On Nov 27, 2020
Irrelevant.

The same young people you murder in cold blood.

Mouthpiece of the Fulani cabal. Defender of the North and Betrayer of the Church.

Your reward is waiting my friend...
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by tollyboy5(m): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2020
Obijulius:
Irrelevant.

Mouthpiece of the Fulani cabal. Defender of the North and Betrayer of the Church.

Bro calm down. I no like the man but you don't have to condemn everything

1 Like

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by ghettochild4u(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2020
Stupid government, so Huawei shd do yr job for u
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Jollylolly(f): 9:44am On Nov 27, 2020
This statement mean a lot and it tells you how investing in young Nigerians is important to the VP.

''Let’s see something that gives young people more than training, gives them some opportunity as well because this ecosystem will require a lot of people who see Huawei not just as a business but a brand that’s interested in them going forward''.

hate and bigotry will prevent some people to still criticism this good man, the fact remain... no leader has been this passionate about the progress of young Nigerians like Osinbajo.

1 Like

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Jollylolly(f): 9:44am On Nov 27, 2020
This statement mean a lot and it tells you how investing in young Nigerians is important to the VP.

''Let’s see something that gives young people more than training, gives them some opportunity as well because this ecosystem will require a lot of people who see Huawei not just as a business but a brand that’s interested in them going forward''.

Hate and bigotry will prevent some people to still criticism this good man, the fact remain... no leader has been this passionate about the progress of young Nigerians like Osinbajo.

2 Likes

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 27, 2020
busy doing nothing
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 9:49am On Nov 27, 2020
I trust Osinbajo, he always comes through
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by okefrancis: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2020
Obijulius:
Irrelevant.

You had better watch your mouth if you don't want to spend the rest of your days in prison for this your rubbish

1 Like

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by okefrancis: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2020
ghettochild4u:
They are not stupid but your mumu papa
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Joyce95: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2020
My trust will always go For Osinbajo, because he he deliver best
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by ghettochild4u(m): 10:00am On Nov 27, 2020
okefrancis:

They are not stupid but your mumu papa
Thunder punish ur generation..
Idiot pikin

1 Like

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Zeesugar(f): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2020
What most Nigerian youth needs is an opportunity to show case their skills
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Thunder1010: 10:12am On Nov 27, 2020
The VP is so much interested in investing in our youths, this is what we need in Nigeria now. God bless Osinbajo
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Thunder1010: 10:15am On Nov 27, 2020
It will be irrelevant because he is not talking about#Endsars protest or looting private shops. Mumu
Obijulius:
Irrelevant.

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Thunder1010: 10:18am On Nov 27, 2020
Busy but remain uninformed... You better wake up, and stop that unprofitable hatred of yours.
Juliusmalema:
busy doing nothing
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Thunder1010: 10:19am On Nov 27, 2020
ghettochild4u:

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Shooyie: 10:21am On Nov 27, 2020
I wish he is the President. He is solid silica, intelligent and brilliant, the intent to make Nigeria a better place is there but we need more people like him. He makes the welfare of the people top priority.
Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Obijulius: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2020
okefrancis:

You had better watch your mouth if you don't want to spend the rest of your days in prison for this your rubbish

30k/Month

grin grin grin

Re: Training Is Good But I Want Tech Jobs For Young Nigerians - Osinbajo Tell Huawei by Nickisindigo(m): 11:01am On Nov 27, 2020
Tech is the new oil

(1) (Reply)

FG Orders Varsities To Suspend Academic Activities / Nepotism: Stop Stigmatising Buhari, Lai Mohammed Cautions Kukah / Adesina, Elumelu, Awosika Congratulate News Central TV On Official Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.