Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy (45878 Views)

Nigerians In The UK Are Asked To Bring £30 For BVN / Will My Coming To America Or Uk Make Me Stingy? / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by debest1(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2009
stingy or not, its their money ke, and no one should force them to give it. If only the people in naija can be content and stop making Outrageous demands everytime, maybe these people wont be so reluctant to part with their hard earned money.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by snowdrops(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2009
This issue has been over thrashed and over debated. Time to close the thread.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by lexyflexy(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2009
@ snowdrops
If U don talk finish, begin go

Na U be Mr. Moderator?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by lovemoi2(f): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2011
whatever! dry bone shall rise again smiley
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by AroDiva: 9:57am On Feb 23, 2011
abeg make person hear word, i have sent money twice to a friend leaving in uk. i agree its not easy over there but neither is it easy here in naija. i get to pay tax(trust me heavy tax), bills on generator, car repairs due to bad roads, kids sch fees, nannys salary, extended family etc.) some pple over there are simply paranoid and have this preconceived notion that people over here are lofers(sp, ?) and call to demand for money. pls get over urselves!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by justwise(m): 10:06am On Feb 23, 2011
Aro Diva:

abeg make person hear word, i have sent money twice to a friend leaving in uk. i agree its not easy over there but neither is it easy here in naija. i get to pay tax(trust me heavy tax), bills on generator, car repairs due to bad roads, kids sch fees, nannys salary, extended family etc.) some pple over there are simply paranoid and have this preconceived notion that people over here are lofers(sp, ?) and call to demand for money. pls get over urselves!

You sent money to who? Your kids in the UK or family?

Were you expecting pple in the UK to send u money to pay for all that b4?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by DeeJay20: 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2011
Hmmm what a real "trivial" non-essential topic which is
really based on the fact that maybe the opening poste has a bad expereince
with a friend or relative in the UK,

And just in Defence of Nigerians in the UK, If nigerians living in
Nigeria think Nigerians in the UK are stingy then when they come over
to the UK for holiday they should book a hotel and stay by themselves

99.9% of Nigerians coming on Holiday always want to stay with a friend or
relative and not spend any money, no bi true?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by DeeJay20: 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
Aro Diva:

abeg make person hear word,  i have sent money twice to a friend leaving in uk. i agree its not easy over there but neither is it easy here in naija. i get to pay tax(trust me heavy tax), bills on generator, car repairs due to bad roads, kids sch fees, nannys salary, extended family etc.) some pple over there are simply paranoid and have this preconceived notion that people over here are lofers(sp, ?) and call to demand for money. pls get over urselves!

You are going to Canada on holiday,  i hope you are booking into a Hotel or are you
planning to stay with a friend or relative.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by DeeJay20: 12:37pm On Feb 25, 2011
24,000 views and 26 pages long, hmmm this tells you how Nigerians
coming on holiday to the UK always like to chop *free-lunch" lol!!!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2011
DeeJay20:

24,000 views and 26 pages long, hmmm this tells you how Nigerians
coming on holiday to the UK always like to chop *free-lunch" lol!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by AroDiva: 4:08pm On Feb 25, 2011
@ Justwise now you are getting ahead of yourself… none of your business! Just concentrate on the topic and don’t get personal pls.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2011
Aro Diva:

@ Justwise now you are getting ahead of yourself… none of your business! Just concentrate on the topic and don’t get personal pls.

Wats peronal about my question?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by AroDiva: 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2011
[b]wats personal about my question[/[color=#990000][/color]b]

so sorry, i actualy meant Deejay,
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by DeeJay20: 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2011
Aro Diva:

[b]wats personal about my question[/[/color]b]

so sorry, i actualy meant Deejay,

Sorry Cutey-pie, it is want it is, 99.9& Nigerians living in Nigeria who travel abroad do not go to any country
unless for 5 major reasons

[color=#990000]1 - Thats the only country they tried that gave them visa

2 - They are going to study

3 - The have a business contact there

4 - They have friends or Relatives there

5 - Ermmmm need i say more, as dem "upper class" " Fresh Money Nigerians" know what i'm talking about!!!

Nigerians are not like Europeans and North Americans that visit places they dont know off
or have never been to for the fun of it or adventure.

The Countries Economy has not reached that level of "Satisfaction and Boredom" yet!!! 99.9% of 9ja's are still in
Survival Mode.

Case in point  - My White Neighbours Daughter and friend 18, 19 year old who are in Malaysia right now taking a Gap year out
with a Aid/Tour team just for the Fun of it!!!

Sorry to bust your bubble "babes" but we have "crossed that bridge" a along time ago.[/b]

So i guess your Canada Trip likely falls into one of these categories, its just a guess as when i went to Toronto most 9ja's
were swimming in these 4 states of motion!!!

and der 5th Reason  ermmmm we keep it on der down-low lol!!!

Oh and by the way i went to Toronto  in my Uni years with a butch of College friends during Spring-Break (it was a Dumb
thing to do in hindsight!!!
) Just for the Fun of it LOL!!!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by AjanleKoko: 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2011
DeeJay20:

Sorry Cutey-pie, it is want it is, 99.9& Nigerians living in Nigeria who travel abroad do not go to any country
unless for 5 major reasons

1 - Thats the only country they tried that gave them visa

2 - They are going to study

3 - The have a business contact there

4 - They have friends or Relatives there

5 - Ermmmm need i say more, as dem "upper class" " Fresh Money Nigerians" know what i'm talking about!!!

Nigerians are not like Europeans and North Americans that visit places they dont know off
or have never been to for the fun of it or adventure.

The Countries Economy has not reached that level of "Satisfaction and Boredom" yet!!! 99.9% of 9ja's are still in
Survival Mode.

Case in point  - My White Neighbours Daughter and friend 18, 19 year old who are in Malaysia right now taking a Gap year out
with a Aid/Tour team just for the Fun of it!!!

Sorry to bust your bubble "babes" but we have "crossed that bridge" a along time ago.[/b]

So i guess your Canada Trip likely falls into one of these categories, its just a guess as when i went to Toronto most 9ja's
were swimming in these 4 states of motion!!!

and der 5th Reason  ermmmm we keep it on der down-low lol!!!

Oh and by the way i went to Toronto  in my Uni years with a butch of College friends during Spring-Break (it was a Dumb
thing to do in hindsight!!!
) Just for the Fun of it LOL!!!

Do these 'reasons' of yours make Nigerians lesser mortals than your white neighbours? undecided
Why would any Nigerian want to go hiking around the world. Nigerians hike everyday just to get to work and back.
Also, enough exotic/rustic scenery in Nigeria itself. We want to see SKYSCRAPERS, SHOPPING MALLS, THEME PARKS, etc. Any problem with that?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by scopusng(m): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2011
Hmmmmm, uk ke?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by DeeJay20: 11:51am On Feb 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Do these 'reasons' of yours make Nigerians lesser mortals than your white neighbours? undecided
Why would any Nigerian want to go hiking around the world. Nigerians hike everyday just to get to work and back.
Also, enough exotic/rustic scenery in Nigeria itself. We want to see SKYSCRAPERS, SHOPPING MALLS, THEME PARKS, etc. Any problem with that?

Dude! my point is that Nigerians have too much things to do then to
worry about travelling to far remote places to see some "Strange unknown Place"

Dont get it twisted, people take you as they see you and untill out
Leadership ups its game we will always be playing "Last fiddle".
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by AjanleKoko: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2011
DeeJay20:

Dude! my point is that Nigerians have too much things to do then to
worry about travelling to far remote places to see some "Strange unknown Place"

Dont get it twisted, people take you as they see you and untill out
Leadership ups its game we will always be playing "Last fiddle".

Too much to do is right.
Though again your comment (bolded), I'm not exactly sure how that is relevant to what you posted earlier. Leadership has nothing to do with people's travel habits. Unless you want to look at people's financial ability to travel and see the world.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by kildran: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2011
ajanlekoko
I wnt yr thots on goin 2 d US for a MBA degree, what r d prospects? I hv a MSc 4rm d UK, yr thots ,
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by marychi18: 2:13am On Mar 07, 2011
grin my aunt is a perfect specimen of an aradite( aka gum)
she has spent almost 30 years of her life in the UK but still find it difficult to spend or give out money whenever she is in the country. but she'll always want to over-work u to death!
'pls come and drive me to dis place and dat place'!
and when she's leaving, shin-gbain no go touch ur hand, always comin up wit excuses.
i tire o!
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by UNLEASHED(m): 2:52am On Mar 07, 2011
@poster, I call my family, relatives and important friends when i need to, why not find something to do rather than wait for your UK relative(s) to call you? afterall, it's their wish and money so what's the point?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by justwise(m): 9:19am On Mar 07, 2011
marychi18:

grin my aunt is a perfect specimen of an aradite( aka gum)
she has spent almost 30 years of her life in the UK but still find it difficult to spend or give out money whenever she is in the country. but she'll always want to over-work u to death!
'pls come and drive me to dis place and dat place'!
and when she's leaving, shin-gbain no go touch your hand, always comin up wit excuses
i tire o!

Thats being far too stingy, atleast she need to appreciate pple who drive her around when in Nigeria no matter how small
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by marychi18: 9:33am On Mar 07, 2011
I tire for her o!
makes me prefer travelling to other countries abeg
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by AjanleKoko: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2011
kildran:

ajanlekoko
I wnt yr thots on goin 2 d US for a MBA degree, what r d prospects? I hv a MSc 4rm d UK, yr thots ,

Not sure I am the right person to ask. Are you asking re the study or the travel process?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by justwise(m): 10:17am On Mar 07, 2011
marychi18:

I tire for her o!
makes me prefer travelling to other countries abeg

ahahaha cos pple that travels to the UK are stingy? Or Uk make pple stingy?
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by marychi18: 12:27am On Mar 08, 2011
i think d UK plays a big part in turning them into 'stinkos'
i hear its d taxes they have been ladened with.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by justwise(m): 8:19am On Mar 08, 2011
marychi18:

i think d UK plays a big part in turning them into [b]'stinkos'[/b]i hear its d taxes they have been ladened with.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin u funny.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by AjanleKoko: 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2011
The UK is kind of an expensive place. You really need to stretch the money over there. Running costs and taxes are comparatively high, and just imagine paying around a pound a litre of gas. That's crazy.
Last time I was there, in just a week, I had spent something like 500GBP on incidentals. Feeding, transportation, little entertainment, and other little things. That's like one hundred and fifty thousand naira roughly. And my hotel bills weren't even included.

Though I don't know about stingy sha. My friends always give me a great time when i visit them in England. I guess maybe people trying to rag their relatives sha.
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by vivaladiva(f): 5:21am On Mar 10, 2011
abeg not every nigerian living in the uk is suffering shikenna, yes it is hard but where is it that money falls on anyones laps, even a top civil servant on 200, 000 pounds a year will tell u its hard, because he worked hard to get to where he is

people come here moaning about bills n taxes, first of alll if u dont pay ur income tax, ur national insurance and council tax,

u can wave fare welll to the good roads and street light
kiss ur 999 calls good bye cos there wont be anybody to answer ur sos call

u can haul ur sick back side to ur house because the nhs wont exist

u can def say hastalavista to ur pension

no access to free primary n secondary education
i can go on and on and on

seriously u peeps need to stop painting this gloomy pic of the uk,if u and ur friends r suffering then so be it

yes if ur illegal it can be a wee bit tough but seriously alll this shiiiiit about uk being so tough is bulll

i got a friend dat earns 300-400 pounds a day,i got friends that r investment bankers, stock brokers n the rest, my uncle retired as a top manager in bt so maybe some of u need to get some sensible friends

no offence but i dont hang out with dumb nigerians who after 10 years r still grovelling in the mud, there r nigerians doing fabulously well in the uk, u prob dont hear about them because they dont make noise and prob dont even hang out with nigerians anymore-------and who can blame them-----to make it in the Uk u have to broaden ur horizon, u have to to be aware of ur environment---u cant keep ur tv glued to ait, hitv or ben tv 24/7 seven and expect to make anything serious out of ur life in the uk

the uk is a whole diff ball game, unfortunately, some people come here with their nigerin brains and because they r so bound and blinded by culture and tradition refuse to blend in, to make it in d white mans country, u have to think like a white man---if u dont mind me saying----because it is that thinking that brought about the internet, the blackberry u want to killl ur self for-----the advancement in medicine is all down to that thinking----constant electricity---good roads---safe drinking water, proper sewage disposal system----statistical analysis----research and development----management, science, social science, books, greater agricultural yeilds, town planning-----contraceptive pills etc-----u have to work hard, think hard, be innovative, u have to be inventive, u cant sit there n be expected to be told wat to do alll the time and u have to be dynamic---- seriously a lot of the nigerians in the uk arent and dats y they r stuck in their foot to mouth existence

when u come with the mind set of ahh its not my country oooo, they r all racist, me am a naija for life----u come here u mix with the same old retarded nigerians, u go to the same old prosperity church,u only go to nigerian clubs and nigerian gatherings, u dont even have one oyibo friend---how ur life no go hard----

oh i dont get british commedy or british programmes----i only like american films and american comedy, then wat the eff r u doing here then---u go to work u gat nothing to talk about becaus3e u know next to zero about the culture that sorounds u-----u dont get the jokes because u refused to think---u dont drink tea or coffe cos thats oyibo culture----when every one is going to the pub for a laugh and a drink----oh no i cant am a christian-----when ur work mates r going to italian resturant, u say no u cant go because na only eba, fufu and poundo fit pass tru ur digestive system, y wont u suffer in the uk

u come here with the mind set that u can never rival an oyibo man, they will always discriminate against u, the only place u can excel is in nigeria, u come here to manage and do gentle gentle because u r timid and unwilling to learn----y wont u be stuck betwen a rock n a very hard uncomfortable place

i see so many nigerians n i laugh---i rem the case of damilola taylor---no offence but shiiittt i aint surprised the poor boy got stabbed-----fuckkkinnng bloody peckam for bladclat sakes, y because u want to be where nigerians r bountyful n more often happens to be the least serviced borough in england-----y cos they cant imagine life outside their comfort zone, so their children end up in the worst primary and sech schools---then they say uk born nigerian children dont have respect----hw will dey wen all they know is oi oi and innit blad----mean while the best schools r in the suburbs but they dont want to live there cos they are afraide they might get leenched

me my pickin do do ballet---e go learn all the musical instruments wey she fit learn---she go do drama----she go play tennis--- gymnastics she go try am, art class she go do---she go travel---visit art galleries, visit wonderful cathedrals because as them born me here come carry me go that shed them call naija, wetin i no get, she must get oooo, if na too suffer go private schoool as una call am. i go suffer and she go go---cos when u go private school for this country u get to hang out with the future ministers, the crem della crem, the movers and shakers of the british society, knowledge is power people

how many nigerians have been to the british museum, how many have been to madam tussads, how many go to glastonbury, how many go ice skating, how many make use of their local leisure centers, how many of them go to the theatre, how many nigerian people have bothered to go round england and know places---if they r not talking about debanj u feel out of place, if them mention vivaldi, ur completely clueless, if them mention caravagio ur hopeless-----how ur life no go bend like letter k----

i just want to dispel the myth that nigerians r suffering in the uk, if they r then its prob the ones u know----one idiot telling me, i cant rellocate to the uk, because the nigerians that i know, that rellocated to the uk arent doing so well----i said thank god u mentioned the phrase the ones u know-----plsssssssssss give me a break

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by justwise(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2011
@ vivaladiva

Thanks for that pieces, funny and spot on
Re: Nigerians In The UK Are So Stingy by ceasyc(f): 9:28am On Mar 10, 2011
@ vivaladiva
whoa! dats deep. nice 1

"oi oi innit blad" - that cracked me up big time

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Handsome Ghanaian Gallant Soldier Dies One Month To Wedding / South African Pilot Makes Emergency Landing After Discovery Of Deadly Cobra / Family Crashes SUV Into An Estate In Ikeja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.