Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (60002 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by 4gunners(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2020
khingTony:
These girls thinks that every guy that slides into their DMs are sex starved perverts.

See how this one dey type self "5n" "Hu" "dis" "Num"
Na wa oh undecided

We still have a long way to go in this country
grin grin
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by majamajic(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

How else to contact someone for the first time without being anonymous ?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by jaz(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Not so my brother. WhatsApp has turned into a work tool these days and people need to understand this. More so, it was supposed to be an interview and the behaviours demonstrated cannot be excused
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:42am On Nov 28, 2020
majamajic:

Seems u are in same line with the lady ? She was rude
Her reply was rude, but the situation could have been handle better if the company gave prior notification on how they would reach her if she was selected.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
You must be a very rude person. shocked

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Karlifate: 8:42am On Nov 28, 2020
KosiGee:

She might have been rude but the company was very unprofessional trying to reach her on WhatsApp. What nonsense! Why not standard sms?

I think she has saved herself a ton of headache from an unethical lot.

OK, check this:

jelel6:
Very unfortunate but very common among many people in this country.

I stumbled upon the HR's explanation on Twitter just now on why he used WhatsApp and didn't fully introduced and state the purpose of the communication in his opening message. Apparently he's tried reaching her through calls (multiple times) and she didn't pick (never called back). And he didn't even expect her to be on WhatsApp that minute to reply messages so he was about to introduce himself before she replied his first message.

Personally, I think if you provide your number and not be available to pick up calls from a prospective employer, you'd be very lucky if they go through more trouble to reach you through other means (WhatsApp in this instance).

Because of her behaviour - just like the HR - I definitely wouldn't hire her. In fact, I wouldn't hire her after 10 years still because respect for her is about status, condition and/or gain. Respect and courtesy I think, should be unconditional the very first encounter you have with ANYONE. Sensible and reasonable people give others the benefit of doubt atleast.

And guess what, she won't CHANGE or LEARN because of this. She's no kid anymore. Life must have put her in a situation where she should have learnt THIS LESSON beforehand. The older we get, the more reasonable and thoughtful we must become.

I'm just too nice and humble to want to see rudeness and crassness ever rewarded. Serves her damn right.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:43am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Shut up.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Why? Did you read what you posted?

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by yusufu16: 8:43am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Thats not an excurse. Its a normal courtesy to be polite on whatsapp or phone no matter who call or contact you

11 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by victorjoe(m): 8:43am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

Abegi! This is why we need to be educated , and I am not talking about going to school. The first this you do when you see a strange call or text is to reply first! Find out what it's about. If it's not something that interests you then you can shove it aside.

That's how one idiot you in the name of "I don't pick strange numbers" missed a big opportunity that could change her life forever.

Abegi!

10 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Farki: 8:43am On Nov 28, 2020
This lady's story has gone all over the place. grin

Anyways she was rude and lost the job over it.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:44am On Nov 28, 2020
Looks like she was in a bad mood.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Okoroawusa: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2020
I can see some people up there trying to blame the company.

Una well done... Go and get her the job nah!

Person wey rude don rude

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by glowingflame7: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2020
MedicH:

It is a part of interview. Your interviewers take you unawares to see exactly what you're made of. It is called a drill and you're not expected to be informed. When new doctors and nurses are employed in our emergence/accident unit maybe as interns or something, sometimes an ambulance will blare siren and pull up at the unit and those new guys will be monitored to evaluate how they apply all they have been thought with respect to their job. If you make mistake there, you might as well be denied. That's a test, and a drill.

How you reply an anonymous WhatsApp message has nothing to do with your competence as a web designer. Maybe as a customer service person or human resource. The company rep should have courteously and professionally introduced himself and maybe addressed the lady as Miss too. He did that later. They are both wrong.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by majamajic(m): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Her reply was rude, but the situation could have been handle better if the company gave prior notification on how they would reach her if she was selected.

That's part of the IQ test , and she fail

It's part of the interview

7 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Obajemu(m): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

You are talking in the rubbish, who is talking about the way the firm wanted to interview her. We are talking about how mannerless she is

7 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by chineselink: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2020
Na so train killed one at ebute meta sometime last year. On ear phone and a guy was calling her up but she ignored to her grave

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Oluwaseun2020(m): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
fool...you support those brainless girls ehen??
every one that says hi only wants to date them...
Thats how they miss even thier supposed husband to rudeness.
shakara oloje... gragra with no money for pocket.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2020
MedicH:

Which makes her unsuitable for the job it's not rocket science to understand. Stop being very daft
I know your have a slave-like mentality that loves denying you of rights as a person. It is okay, such is expected from typical shitholian slaves of Nigeria.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Is WhatsApp not a means of communication?

I have been reached for interviews on WhatsApp before. I didn't immediately start running my mouth, naa......biko this girl has no excuse for being rude.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Oluwaseun2020(m): 8:46am On Nov 28, 2020
chineselink:
Na so train killed one at ebute meta sometime last year. On ear phone and a guy was calling her up but she ignored to her grave
wow... they still won't learn.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by frankmoney(m): 8:46am On Nov 28, 2020
She might be in a bad mood , the company no serious
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by veektor01(m): 8:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Dude..

What is bad is BAD.
STOP trying to justify it.

Her manner of response was uncouth, mannerless and terrible.
The right thing to do was to have allowed the guy explained himself.

After all, he was going to do that anyways before she cut him short.
It serves her right.
I hope she learns from this.
Jashub:
For a graphics job? I do not think so.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by ozonetoy: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2020
But the lady asked who is this ? She didn’t wait for answer to her question.....that’s pure senselessness

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 8:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Oluwaseun2020:

fool...you support those brainless girls ehen??
every one that says hi only wants to date them...
Thats how they miss even thier supposed husband to rudeness.
shakara oloje... gragra with no money for pocket.
And you are being silly for not knowing that there is a procedure for disseminating information in any organization.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Rhaspody(m): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Baba, I am not giving excuses here ; I am only stating the loopholes the company failed to put in place in their recruitment excercise. How do I know? Because I am an employer too.

You are giving excuses.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by phorget(m): 8:47am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Baba, I am not giving excuses here ; I am only stating the loopholes the company failed to put in place in their recruitment excercise. How do I know? Because I am an employer too.

Then you are not qualify to be an employer.
Do you expect an examiner to expose his question to his students before even asking such question?
Interview can come in any form bro.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by OwenJesse27(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

shame on you ....why can't he listen to the guy first this happen when a lady is insecure and full of bitterness

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by veektor01(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2020
Shut the hell up.

You must be reasoning from your Anus.
I mean no disrespect.

Jashub:
[s] I know you have a slave-like mentality that loves denying you of rights as a person. It is okay, such is expected from typical shitholian slaves of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by MedicH: 8:48am On Nov 28, 2020
glowingflame7:

How you reply an anonymous WhatsApp message has nothing to do with your competence as a web designer. Maybe as a customer service person or human resource. The company rep should have courteously and professionally introduced himself and maybe addressed the lady as Miss too. He did that later. They are both wrong.

Have you eve heard of the word customer relations? Customer is everything. It takes a year to get a customer but one second to lose one. Only Nigerians with their ignorance that do not understand this. Imagine it's a customer that chatted this silly woman with a job proposition that could cause the company to break even, she replies this way. Awful awful awful

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by drey076(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2020
The lady is mannerless, this is a good way to lean from mistakes

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Indispensable85(m): 8:48am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that

Stop defending nonsense.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.