Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. (6821 Views)

Sportsmole Centre -its All About Exciting And Latest Sport News, Transfers Etc!! / Watch Live Sports,soccer Scores And Check Latest Transfers On Soccer / Disappointing Strikers In 2005/2006 English Premiership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 06, 2007
Derby have agreed a £3m deal to sign Sheffield United's Claude Davis, subject to the defender passing a medical and receiving a work permit.
The Jamaican defender, 28, spent only one season at Bramall Lane and will be reunited with his former boss at Preston, Billy Davies.

Davis is the Rams' third summer signing after Tyrone Mears and Wales striker Robert Earnshaw moved to Pride Park.

He will sign a four-year deal after an injury-troubled season with the Blades.

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2007
West Ham have moved closer to signing Liverpool's Craig Bellamy after holding talks with the Wales striker.
BBC Sport understands Bellamy met West Ham officials on Thursday and will agree a £70,000-a-week contract.

Liverpool and West Ham will now hold fresh negotiations about a fee after an initial £7m bid was turned down.

Bellamy, 28, is rated at £8m, and a swap with West Ham's Yossi Benayoun has stalled over Liverpool's valuation of the Israel midfield star.

West Ham would be happy to do a straight exchange between the two players, but Liverpool believe Benayoun is only rated at around £3.5m.

Bellamy has fallen down the pecking order at Anfield following boss Rafael Benitez's summer signings of Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin.

He would help to plug any gap at Upton Park left by the possible departure of Argentina international Carlos Tevez to Manchester United.

The Wales captain joined Liverpool from Blackburn for £6m in June 2006.

After starting his career with Norwich City, he has also had stints with Coventry City, Newcastle United, plus a loan spell at Celtic.

Bellamy scored nine goals in 42 appearances for the Reds.

But the addition of £20m signing Torres this week means Liverpool have five senior strikers on their books - with Bellamy, Peter Crouch, Dirk Kuyt and fellow new-boy Voronin making up the total.

Asked, at the unveiling of Torres, if he was happy the player was at the club and part of his plans, Benitez said: "Are you talking about Torres?"

Told Bellamy was the subject, he said: "I'm really happy with Torres here."

He added: "We have some clubs asking about Bellamy and it's a possibility.

"He knows my idea. He is our player at the moment and we will see what happens in the future.

"It is clear we have new players here and then it could be more difficult for some of the players.

"The only thing I can say is that Crouch will be staying with us. I have said to Crouch that he must fight for his position and he will stay with us."

Striker Djibril Cisse is already close to the exit door as he is set to be sold to Marseille after a spell on loan at the French club.

Benitez played down a move for Manchester United left-back Gabriel Heinze and instead insisted he was trying to sign new wingers.

The Reds boss believes he needs to add to the signing of Torres to help his side challenge for the Premier League title.

"It is clear we need to improve to be contenders. You will ask if we can fight for the title with Torres. I think we need something more," he stated.

"It is clear we will improve with Fernando but if we can find other players good enough I think we will have better balance.

"When you talk about the Premier League you talk about nine months and you need a big squad.

"We have some names. We are especially looking for wingers."

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2007
Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka admits he is tempted by the possibility of a move to Spanish side Valencia.

The French international has been linked this summer with a move away from the Reebok Stadium, with Arsenal and Valencia believed to be suitors.

But with Arsenal having signed Croatia international Eduardo da Silva earlier this week, Valencia appears to be the best option if Anelka decided to move on.

And the former Real Madrid and Manchester City striker is delighted to be linked with the Spanish club.

'The interest from the Spaniards is really touching,'' he told L'Equipe.

'Valencia are a great club. Going over there to try to win La Liga and help the club qualify for the Champions League is very tempting.''

Valencia finished fourth in the Primera Liga last season, and will enter the Champions League at the third stage of the qualifying rounds.

Anelka has already had a brief spell in Spain earlier in his career, when he played for Real Madrid in the 1999-2000 season.

ESPNsoccernet

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2007
Marseille are set to announce the signing of Boudewijn Zenden on a free transfer.

The former Holland midfielder, released by Liverpool this summer, is expected to sign a two-year contract at OM after completing a medical today.

A statement on the club's official website read: 'Boudewijn Zenden is at Marseille.

'He is currently taking medical exams as a pre-condition to him signing, and should then sign for two years at OM, before being presented to the press.'

Zenden, 30, has played for PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Chelsea, Middlesbrough and Liverpool in a distinguished career.

He plays on the left wing, but can also play in the centre of midfield or at left-back.

His last competitive appearance came in the Reds' 2-1 defeat to AC Milan in the final of last season's Champions League.

He has played 54 times for Holland but not since September 2004.

Marseille qualified for this season's Champions League after finishing second in Ligue 1 last term.

ESPNsoccernet

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2007
Manchester City striker Georgios Samaras has attracted the interest of Rennes coach Pierre Dreossi, but the Frenchman doubts whether he will be able to prise the Greece international away from Eastlands this summer.

With Portsmouth target John Utaka seemingly on his way out of the Brittany club, Dreossi has turned his attention to bolstering his forward line.

Samaras, who has struggled for form since signing for City for £6million in January 2006, is among the many strikers he confesses his admiration for.

But with City currently waiting for former Thai prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to buy up a 75% stake and thus be able to confirm Sven-Goran Eriksson as their new manager, Dreossi fears Samaras may stay at Eastlands for the time being.

'I know him well,' said Dreossi.

'We have been following him for a long time. He is young, and is a player for the future.

'Unfortunately for us, the change in coaches at Manchester City means he will not be leaving them this summer.'

Utaka is believed to be close to securing a move to Portsmouth, but Dreossi revealed his club have not yet received a good enough offer for the Nigerian.

'John Utaka is susceptible to leave and is motivated to leave, so it will be difficult for him to return here,' added Dreossi.

'But the offers we have had are not sufficient.'

Portsmouth are thought to have lodged a bid of 10million euros (£6.75m) for Utaka.

ESPNsoccernet

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2007
Beitar Jerusalem believe they are close to agreeing a deal with Bolton's Idan Tal.

Bolton have given the Israeli club permission to talk to Tal, who has scored one goal in his seven starts at the Reebok Stadium.

"We do not have a date yet but I am certain Idan Tal will play for us," Beitar coach Itzhak Shum told Haaretz.

Tal, who has 58 caps and five goals for Israel, is expected to face competition for a place in the Bolton side next season following the arrival of Gavin McCann from Aston Villa.

The midfielder joined Bolton in 2006 in a free transfer from Maccabi Tel Aviv, but struggled to hold down a place in the side.

SkySports
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 06, 2007
TABLOID TALK

Sheffield United's Claude Davis is heading to Derby - Daily Mirror

David Healy is still wanted at Fulham by Lawrie Sanchez - Daily Mirror

The Sun says Manchester City's new boss Sven Goran Eriksson will sign Johan Elmander, while the Daily Star claims Roque Santa Cruz will arrive from Bayern Munich.

Wigan will look to seal the signing of Marlon Harewood and Michael Brown - Guardian
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by muyeskin(m): 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2007
Fonte delighted with Arsenal pro deal
- July 06, 2007

Rui Fonte is delighted with his three-year pro contract at Arsenal.

The Portuguese teenager, on-loan from Sporting Lisbon, signed his first pro deal this week and told Maisfutebol: "The signature on this contract means a lot to me. Arsenal is a great club, where any player would like to play.

"My objective is to prove myself here. If I have to go back to Sporting, I will do so, but I want to succeed here."

Asked about Thierry Henry's departure for Barcelona, Fonte added: "I have not heard much about this subject. I think that the transfer was a part of club life and also we already have signed Eduardo Da Silva."
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2007
Striker Carlos Tevez has agreed personal terms with Manchester United, according to his representatives.
The Premier League says the transfer must be "done directly" with West Ham rather than his agent Kia Joorabchian.

And West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson insists the 23-year-old Argentina is a registered Hammers player and is expected to return for the new season.

But Joorabchian's lawyers say the deal has progressed with the "knowledge and permission" of the Upton Park outfit.

Tevez has made no secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford, a proposed transfer he has described as a "dream", and it appears it has taken a step closer to being realised.

The statement from Joorabchian's lawyers read: "The circumstances surrounding Carlos Tevez's relationship with West Ham have been well documented in the media and footballing world.

"We confirm that Carlos Tevez has, with the knowledge and permission of West Ham, been in discussions with other clubs.

"Subsequently, personal terms have now been agreed with Manchester United.

"Carlos Tevez's representatives will work during the course of next week so that a move to Manchester United can be finalised as quickly as possible.

"The process for finalising the player's registration with Manchester United will be undertaken in accordance with appropriate procedures."

Tevez was involved in the saga that led to West Ham being fined £5m for breaching transfer rules, although they crucially escaped a points deduction.

The Premier League wants to ensure Joorabchian is not paid any of the fee after previous questions over the Argentina forward's "ownership".

And the waters are further muddied by the fact that West Ham, who insist they cut all ties with Joorabchian after they were fined in April, expect Tevez to return to east London after he concludes his international duties at the Copa America in Venezuela.

Magnusson said: "Carlos Tevez is a registered West Ham player, contracted to the club until June 2010.

"There is no agreement with West Ham for Carlos Tevez to leave the club and we expect him to return in time for next season's preparations.

"No decision on his future can be reached without the agreement of West Ham."

For their part, champions Man Utd are eager to distance themselves from any suggestion they have acted incorrectly, either in negotiating with the player or trying to push through a deal with Joorabchian.

"We have acted in good faith," said a club spokesman. "Carlos Tevez was given permission to speak to us and do a deal."

One possible avenue would be for West Ham to be paid a transfer fee and then agree a compensation figure with Joorabchian for breaching contracts with his company, Media Sports Investments (MSI), when the Hammers terminated third-party agreements following their fine.

It is understood though the League would want a substantial chunk of the transfer fee to remain at West Ham rather than it all be handed over to MSI in compensation, otherwise they could be accused of merely covering up the third-party agreements that have caused so much controversy.

Despite the confusion it is clear where Tevez sees his future.

He said: "I am a player who thrives on challenges. I went to England to triumph in the Premiership and with West Ham I have achieved that first stage.

"Now I'm ready to move on to the next stage. To be a member of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad will be absolutely spectacular.

"My dream is to be an idol in English football and I can achieve this now."

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
Birmingham have completed the signing of [url=http://home.skysports.com/player.aspx?plid=10107&clid=41&cpid=8%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&channel=premiership]Rafael Schmitz[/url] from Lille on a season-long loan deal.

Steve Bruce had confirmed the Brazilian-born defender was heading to St Andrews and he has now put pen-to-paper after passing a medical.

Schmitz, who is Bruce's seventh signing ahead of the Premier League season, has been a long-term target for the Blues boss.

"Rafael's got good experience, he's been at Lille for a while," Bruce told the club's official website.

"We saw Lille play in the league against Paris Saint Germain and Auxerre and Rafael impressed both times.

"He's left-sided and he's played in the Champions League so he knows what it's about.

"I'm sure he will do very, very well for us."

The 26-year-old's arrival at Birmingham may be delayed slightly while he waits to receive his French passport.

Schmitz was granted dual nationality in May, but could have to wait up to four weeks to join up with Bruce's squad.

Sky Sports
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2007
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has confirmed French striker [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djibril_Ciss%C3%A9]Djibril Cisse[/url] has joined Marseille on a permanent basis for a fee of around £6m.
The 25-year-old spent last season on loan at the Stade Velodrome.

West Ham, Bolton and Portsmouth had also been chasing Cisse, who cost Liverpool £14m in July 2004.

Cisse will link up with former team-mate Boudewijn Zenden in the south of France after the Dutchman moved there on a two-year deal last week.

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2007
Rangers have signed former West Ham and Manchester United goalkeeper Roy Carroll on a one year contract.
The Northern Irishman started his career with Hull City in 1995 and moved on to Wigan Athletic, where he made 136 appearances for the Lancashire club.

The 29-year-old spent four seasons with Alex Ferguson's side from 2001-2005, before moving to Upton Park.

He will provide Allan McGregor and Graeme Smith with competition for the number one jersey at Ibrox.

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2007
Jerzy Dudek has issued a come-and-get-me plea to new Manchester City boss Sven Goran Eriksson.

Polish international Dudek is available on a free transfer after leaving Liverpool at the end of last season.

Real Madrid and Bolton have both been credited with an interest in the former Feyenoord shot-stopper.

City are in the market for a new goalkeeper after Nicky Weaver left Eastlands for Charlton and Dudek would be interested in joining Eriksson's revolution at City.

"If I got an offer from City, then I would seriously consider it. It's a great club," Dudek told The Sun.

Sky Sports

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2007
Valencia are hoping to hear if Arsenal's Mathieu Flamini will join the club.

The Spanish giants have held talks with the unsettled Frenchman over a possible move to La Mestalla.

Flamini is looking to leave Arsenal after growing increasingly frustrated at his lack of first team opportunities at Emirates Stadium.

The former Marseille man is thought to be considering buying out the rest of his contract in order to escape the club.

Birmingham have been linked with the versatile performer, but Valencia are hoping to lure Flamini to Spain.

Valencia's sporting director Amedeo Carboni has called on Flamini to make a decision on the club's offer soon.

"We have spoken to him and we want an answer soon as we must make plans for the coming season," Carboni told The Mirror.

Sky Sports

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2007
Liverpool have announced the signing of Andrei Voronin on a free transfer.

The Reds had agreed a pre-contract with Voronin back in February and the player has now tied up the formalities of the move.

The Ukrainian international has signed a four-year deal at Anfield after seeing out his contract at Bayer Leverkusen.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez believes Voronin will prove a valuable addition to his squad as he can play in a variety of positions.

"He is a player with pace and good movement," Benitez told the club's official website.

"He plays between the lines, between defenders. He is a good worker also and he scores goals.

"He's not the kind of player you can talk about strengths because he has many things he can give to us."

Meanwhile, Liverpool have agreed a deal to sign Stockport County youngster Ryan Crowther.

Liverpool took Crowther to a recent youth tournament in Italy and the winger impressed the club's coaching staff.

Crowther is expected to undergo a medical next week with Liverpool paying an undisclosed fee for the 18-year-old.

Sky Sports

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2007
John Carew's agent has rejected reports linking the player with a move away from Aston Villa.

It has been suggested Carew could be on his way out of Villa Park just six months after arriving at the club.

Porto have been credited with an interest in the giant striker, but the player's agent Per A. Flod says the Norwegian international is going nowhere.

"Those rumours (of Porto) are not true," Flod told Portuguese radio station Antena 1.

"Carew has decided to stay at Aston Villa. I have spoken to the English directors and at no moment have they said they want to sell Carew.

"We have not received an offer and Carew will stay in the Premier League 100 per cent."

Sky Sports

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:49am On Jul 09, 2007
Chelsea have agreed a fee with Lyon for midfielder Florent Malouda, who will have a medical in London on Monday.
The French club were thought to want £13.5m for the France international.

"Chelsea are completely in agreement with the amount we're looking for," Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas told the club's TV channel.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon said earlier this week that the club wanted to seal the signing before the Blues squad travel to LA on Tuesday.

"It's fantastic and great news for Florent," added Aulas.

"I've just phoned him and he's going to be able to leave on Sunday to undergo a medical in London on Monday."

The Stamford Bridge outfit will face David Beckham's new club LA Galaxy during their US pre-season tour.

Malouda has won four French titles with Lyon and was voted best Ligue 1 player last season.

He was a member of the France squad who reached last year's World Cup final, a match they lost to Italy.

Malouda is now set to again link up again with Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, with whom he enjoyed success at Guingamp in 2002-03, and Michael Essien.

The transfer is Chelsea's most prominent splash in the summer market after having signed Claudio Pizarro, Steve Sidwell and Tal Ben Haim on free tranfers.

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:54am On Jul 09, 2007
Cardiff City are trying to persuade former England striker Robbie Fowler to join the Championship club.
Bluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale had previously refused to confirm they had approached the 32-year-old, who was released by Liverpool this summer.

But Ridsdale told the Liverpool FC website: "We have offered an attractive package and are hopeful Robbie will decide to come to Cardiff City."

Cardiff face competition from other clubs, thought to include Rangers.

The Scottish Premier League giants, and their Glasgow rivals Celtic, are understood to have sounded out Fowler about a move north of the border.

But Fowler's adviser George Scott believes Scotland is an unlikely destination for Fowler.

"I can't see Rangers or Celtic being an option. They have each got too many strikers on their books and would need to offload a couple first," said Scott.

"The one thing Robbie knows he wants is regular first-team football.

"We have got eight offers on the table and Robbie is considering the lot of them.

"Could it be at Cardiff? Why not? I think Cardiff, if they have the ambition, is the sort of place Robbie would thrive at."

However, Scott says he has yet to receive a formal approach from Cardiff, who could struggle to afford Fowler unless there is much goodwill from the player.

The forward is financially secure, thanks to shrewd property investments, and it is possible he could take a drastic drop in wages from the £50,000 a week he was on at Anfield.

But failing that, Cardiff would either need to shatter their wage structure - which is unlikely given the financial constraints caused by building a new stadium at Leckwith - or put together a huge sponsorship package.

Ridsdale told BBC Sport Wales that he was surprised to hear that comments attributed to him had appeared on Liverpool's website.

"There's been a lot of press speculation, obviously I know Robbie from his days at Leeds and he's an outstanding finisher and outstanding footballer," Ridsdale said.

"Were we ever in a position where we could attract him, I think our supporters would realise our talk of ambition is more than just talk.

"If and when we're in a position to announce the arrival of a player of that stature we will do so, but in the meantime I don't like talking about speculation."

A more likely destination at the moment appears to be Australia, with Australian FourFourTwo reporting that Fowler is expected to travel Down Under next week for talks with Sydney FC club officials.

Major League Soccer side New England Revolution are also thought to be courting Fowler, who won 26 caps for England and scored seven goals.

One thing that may count in Cardiff's favour is that Fowler has a young family and may not want to drastically uproot them by moving abroad, far away from friends and family.

He made his Liverpool debut as an 18-year-old in 1993, scoring 171 goals in 330 games before joining Leeds for £11m in 2001 and then Manchester City for £6m in 2003.

Fowler returned for a second spell at Anfield in January 2006, although his starting appearances were limited.

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 1:02am On Jul 09, 2007
Reading are close to clinching a deal for Nantes midfielder Emerse Fae, according to the French Ligue 2 side.
Sporting director Xavier Gravelaine told the Sunday Mirror: "It should be finalised soon. The fact that he has been injured has slowed down his exit."

Fae, 23, is a product of the Nantes youth academy and opted to play for Ivory Coast at international level rather than his native France.

Nantes were relegated to the second division last season.

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2007
Real Madrid have named Bernd Schuster as their new coach following the sacking of Fabio Capello.
The 47-year-old German has ended his two-year association with Getafe to take over at the Bernabeu.

"His teams play good, entertaining football," said Real president Ramon Calderon. "He knows the club and will handle a dressing room full of stars."

Capello was sacked on 28 June - only 11 days after he led Real to their first league title since 2003.

Schuster will be officially unveiled at a news conference at 1215 BST.

Getafe have moved quickly to replace Schuster, appointing Dane Michael Laudrup as their new coach on a two-year contract.

Former Barcelona and Real Madrid player Schuster led Getafe to the Spanish Cup final and ninth place in La Liga last season.

He had previously coached Fortuna Koln, FC Koln, Xerez, Shakhtar Donetsk and Levante.

Schuster was expected to buy himself out of his contract at Getafe before making the switch to Real after Calderon had said he would not pay a transfer fee to sign a coach.

Real claimed they had talks with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, PSV Eindhoven coach Ronald Koeman and former Brondby coach Michael Laudrup.

However, last week Arsenal denied that Real spoke to Wenger.

BBC Sport

Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:16pm On Jul 09, 2007
Nicolas Anelka has insisted he is staying at Bolton after holding talks with manager Sammy Lee.
The 28-year-old striker's future had been put in doubt after former boss Sam Allardyce left for Newcastle but Anelka says he is not targeting a summer move.

"There has been a lot of speculation about my future but I can honestly say that I am very happy in England and at Bolton," he told the club's website.

"This is a great club with a strong mentality around being successful."

Anelka joined the Trotters in a club record £8m deal from Fenerbahce in August 2006 and has recently returned to the France side.

He played two Euro 2008 qualifiers after the end of the last domestic season and also got married during the summer.

Anelka says he is refreshed for the new campaign and added: "I have sat down with Sammy Lee over the weekend and he has outlined his plans for the coming season.

"I like his philosophy and I am looking forward to working with him at the club.

"He is passionate and wants to continue Bolton's recent success.

"His ambition matches mine and I want to commit to him."

Lee is aware that Anelka is keen to play in the Champions League and says he will allow the player to leave and do that if Bolton are not in with a chance of achieving that aim.

"I have been concerned about the speculation in the media linking some of my players with moves away from the club," he said.

"It has been unsettling but I remain confident that quality players will want to stay here.

"I had a very positive conversation with Nicolas and he has given me his commitment.

"He enjoys playing for Bolton and last season he felt that his career was progressing back to his best on the back of his solid performances for us.

"I know he has ambitions of playing in the Champions League again, which I hope can be achieved with us.

"If that can't be the case, I will not stand in his way should a Champions League club come in for him and the deal is right for Bolton Wanderers.

"Until that time, he doesn't want to play football anywhere else but here."

BBC Sport
Re: Getting The Latest News, Transfers On Uefa/premiership Leagues. by dinozzo(m): 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2007
Goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer is hopeful Middlesbrough will come up with a new offer for him to stay at the club.
The 34-year-old, who is currently with the Australian squad at the Asia Cup, rejected a new deal earlier this month.

But he still wants to stay and said: "My agent is speaking to Middlesbrough and at the moment it's between him and the club to try to sort out something.

"As far as I am concerned, I'm just concentrating on the tournament and I hope the rest will sort itself out."

After Schwarzer turned down the initial offer his agent Shep Messing stated: "Middlesbrough asked what Mark wanted and we confirmed his wish to remain at the club.

"We put forward a sensible and fair proposition for both player and club. We have received a proposal from the club and, at this point, we have been unable to agree on terms."

Schwarzer had earlier blamed Mark Viduka's exit on the club's failure to seal deals early enough and said he could leave for the same reason.

Viduka, 31, left Boro to join Newcastle on a free transfer after his contract expired.

"I've taken it to be quite normal at Middlesbrough, they do leave things very, very late," added Schwarzer.

"They tend to do things only when they're under pressure."

Schwarzer's public outburst was criticised by Boro chief executive Keith Lamb.

He commented: "Talks are ongoing but we do not and will not conduct our negotiations through the media."

BBC Sport

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Youth Basketball Camp and Scholarship by Olumide Oyedeji / Thibaut Courtois Renews Real Madrid Contract Until 2026 / Killing Virtual Football Bet With New Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.