Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,115 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each (10611 Views)

Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? / What's Your Plan After Service Year? Here Is An Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Evkunle: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
NYSC period according to some people is the one year we are officially paid to have fun... Especially if you are posted to a flexing state and an LGA with no work.

Well, all good things come to an end... And so does NYSC.

To make the most of this period and not to be left short changed, here are a few things you should consider based on your plans.

First plan: I want to JAPA

Irrespective of the country you wanna run away to or whether you are hiding under the umbrella of masters abroad, green card or express entry, some things you can do during NYSC includes:

1. Research on where you wanna go and the best route to get there, to help you make more informed decisions

2. Study for and take all the necessary examinations such as GRE, IELTS, TOEFL, etc. Sounds like a deal breaker right, we just wanna flex after grad. But truth is, if you really wanna JAPA on time, the earlier you start, the better. And you may not have the luxury of time when you really start to grind.

3. Mock visa interviews, prepare, take them, build confidence, know the right answers etc.

Second plan: I want a career

No better time to start building than now. Here's what you should be doing.

1. Build your analytical and psychometric skills: take gmat tests, study abstract reasoning, learn how to answer culture questionnaire, learn what an idea workplace culture should be, take role play questions, learn how to answer ''tell me about a time when you had to...'' questions.

2. Learn how to sell yourself: "If you were in an elevator with the CEO of your dream company, and you had just 1 minute to sell yourself, what would you say?"

This is called the elevator pitch. Learn it, craft it, practice interview questions etc.

3. Apply for graduate trainee positions for this is wise grin

4. Professional certifications: Pick your career path and aim for professional certifications in that sphere - distinguish yourself from the rest.

Third plan: Masters

I study till I die wink

1. , if you have excellent results, think of scholarship opportunities abroad, do a WES evaluation for your credentials and the like.

2. You don't intend to stop studying, so don't stop studying, research onthe school, course etc.

Please like and share.

Also drop your comments shocked

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by WorkTheTalk(m): 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
Great info
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Evkunle: 7:56pm On Nov 30, 2020
WorkTheTalk:
Great info

Thanks.

So first thing is to know what you actually wanna do and start laying the foundation to get there.

For those interested in writing international examinations, please feel free to reach out.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2020
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by MrStylish(m): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2020
Abobi
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by FactBoyz: 10:50am On Dec 01, 2020
wink
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by endsarrrs(f): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2020
smiley

" The most confusing moment in one's life is immediately after NYSC.

At some point, I thought of becoming a tailor.

I later decided i would open a church.

Currently I'm focused on Sugar mummies. They pay at least.

How long is subjective.

To the wise, hustle should start immediately after WAEC.

To the semi-wise, hustle starts before or during nysc.

To the foolish, hustle starts after NYSC.

As for how long, destiny should take care of that"

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Gideoniteprime4: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2020
NYSC itself is a plan to most people cheesy

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Currentlygrown: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2020
Everybody wants to leave the country, who would stay and fix things. It’s true that only the rich can survive in Nigeria right now, because they themselves barely spend time in Nigeria.

The elite and their children, especially the governing class, how do they feel realising they’ve sent this country to the brunt of the system. When they go to those foreign places and people realise they’re Nigerians, immediately—regardless of their wealth, people begin avoiding them.

Nigeria has no more clout.

I’ve gone through majority of the replies and everybody’s concurring to JAPA.

Make your plans but remember that plans are simply plans; expectations we hope to achieve, but in reality, life swirls and hits you in the buttocks, without regards for any damn person.

Na so me sef I make plans, I say make I put hand for pocket arrange change, bus want leave me dey go.

Goodluck to you, whoever you are though.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2020
I was so disturbed during the service. I really didn't want to go back to teaching after service because I thought it wouldn't add any more values to my career. I have about 9 years teaching experience already. My PPA (in agreement with their PTA board) was even planning to retain me. So, I wrote a Telecomm company in Lagos for an internship program. As God would have it, I was asked to resume on POP day. Having informed them, during the interview, that I would be rounding off in October, they had to give me a week for the final clearance & POP stuff. I resumed the following week & now working with a team in OYO state. It's a good start for me,,,, I think,,,, as I'm learning something different from theoretical classes.

May God bless our efforts & make our ways straight

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by MrStylish(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2020
ABOBI
NYSC Na cruise

1 Like

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Muhylonaire007: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2020
Lol.. You will know after nysc
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2020
Nairaland Otondos, let us hear from you.

All the best for the future to you all.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by RPirez: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2020
Kill Buhari... angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by naiteaw: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2020
I just collected mine recently and I dont have anything to do with it, lets say for now. However, it's not useful to me because I'm a self employed

Extra Source of Income: Checkout this legitimate online business that gives me atleast ₦25k weekly using my phone and from home. Check my Signature for details

1 Like

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Ekakamba: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2020

Anyone wey you decide, na Nigeria factor get the last say.

Just like saying, when I grow up I wanna be a Doctor/Pilot... 40yrs later, na job nicca still dey hustle. grin tongue

Seems going for Masters is the easiest one to achieve among the 3. The more you seek for knowledge in this Corn-Tree, the farther you're away from making more bucks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by parkervero(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2020
It takes the grace of God to maintain one's plan(s) after NYSC. Six months post NYSC with no job, start a teaching job, the school owe you 4months out of 5months you've started working with them.

You apply through outsource firm they employ you with meagre payment

Life is not balance after NYSC especially for overage guys.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by ATEAMS: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2020
It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2020
Back to Street.. grin
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2020
We know the plans of these ones below already.

Say no more!! cool

1 Like

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2020
MrBabyOmoniyi:
Back to Street.. grin
Na so e go be for u o...
Na if u go school at all be dat anyways undecided

Naija corpers......hit dis boy head with your full chest like Dorothy.....

1 Like

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2020
RPirez:
Kill Buhari... angry
Cc :
DSS.
@NigeriaArmy.
@NigeriaPolice
Cc : Buhari's Family, Friends and Well-Wishers
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by gift2xl: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2020
Become a pastor.
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2020
gift2xl:
Become a pastor.
May God grant your heart desires Pastor Gift.

gift2xl:
Ur welcome.
Pastor Gift, say Amen na.
Which one is i am welcome?
I no go anywhere o.

Our aunties below plans is to give birth safely.
Safe delivery to them also!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by zeratehk: 10:55am On Dec 01, 2020
Yahoo cool

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by pickatyou2: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2020
My advice is learn a skill or trade. Do not depend on the useless government, uncle's, promise givers , most will be audio.
Talking from experience.

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Chizillar1(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2020
Opportunities about in the Chemical Production and manufacturing Industry.

Production manual for Chemical based Products like never before covering Cosmetics, Adhesives, Beverages and Food, Disinfectant, Industrial chemicals, Lubricants, Paints,Printing Inks, Stain Removers, Soaps and detergents, wood finishes etc and over 100 product formulations, processing method & Usage, Equipment & tools, quality parameter, sources of raw material, useful tips and all relevant Information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2020
Grab a laptop

Make history undecided
Save your future family from poverty
Re: What's Your Plan After NYSC? Career, Masters Or Japa. Here's What To Do For Each by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:

Na so e go be for u o...
Na if u go school at all be dat anyways undecided

Ode who tell you say I dey serve ? Get sense I beg.. and mind your business.. all of una with plans don forget say Na only God be master planner.. dey there

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good Employment In Real Estate Business [Good Income]-The Kiyosaki & Trump Model / FG Releases Funds For Mobilization Of 2016 Batch A, Stream II Corps Members / NYSC Registration Procedures 2019 – Frequently Asked Questions By PCMs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.