Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

In Fairness What Has Happened To 36billion Naira For River Niger Project? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Fairness What Has Happened To 36billion Naira For River Niger Project? (872 Views)

My Battle For River By Gov Wike / Julius Agu To Run For River State Governorship Election / Fg Approves N49bn For River Niger Dredging, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Fairness What Has Happened To 36billion Naira For River Niger Project? by sandraa(f): 10:23am On Mar 22, 2011
This Country is a Jhoke!!!!!

I remember the flagging off the river niger project in Sept 2009 and the late yaradua was there to flag off the project.
people were happy because they ve been told that if the river niger is dredged that it will boost the economy, it will bring goods directly to their doorsteps
so many people were in attendance.

Today the project has been abandoned after spending so much money!!!!!!!!

My question is y do nigerian govt like to waste money why why why??

The contract of the project was tha their will be capital dredging for one year and maintenace for two years before the actuall result can be seen.
but trust the govt they spent money for capital dredging and decided to abandon maintenace!

This is the technical waste of money from their decision;

1. after the capital dredging, if the maintenace is not done , what has been dredged will go back to where it was at the first place

for those that dont understand the dredging process let me explain more;
dredging is the process of removing debris, sand, from navigational route in the river, this debris and sand makes navigation of all types of water transportation impossible.
so the govt plan was to make river niger a means of transportation in the coutry by dredging it and building ports along the river for barges and small ships, boats, ferries to be able to work perfectly well!

2. The money spent on the initial capital dredging becomes a waste because what you are paying to remove is back to square one!

PDP is a failed party that dont ve the people at heart but their own selfish interest.
if we are sincere to our selves from what you know and what i know you will all tell your selves the truth, because we cant be lend by people without vision or purpose in life, this few men dont care about the majority but just the few that will benefit from their office.

I will always take lagos as an instance that if lagos can be worked on i dnt think nigeria cant be!, all we need is somebody with a mindset to make nigeria work!
GEJ is not our man because the people around him cant and wont let him do the work, if per adventure he wins the election nigeria will be the same for the next 4 years! (pls quote me)

Who will you vote for?
Re: In Fairness What Has Happened To 36billion Naira For River Niger Project? by biachwest: 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2011
This is no more relevant.You represent buhari born to rule values, or tinubu untraceable criminal.
To build Nigeria into a state wont take months but will begin in a day to ks and months.
Lets give THE PRESIDENT A CHANCE, He has just surrounded himself with technocrats like Dr. iwela.This might be the beginning of a new era.
so many developed countries in the world today wasn't built in a day.Nigerians complains a lot for whatever,good or bad.
Re: In Fairness What Has Happened To 36billion Naira For River Niger Project? by CyberG: 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2011
Blowing "Fresh Air" will solve the dredging and maintenance problem. You have nothing to worry about because the Nigerians like this fresh air president.

(1) (Reply)

Gej Suspends Minister Of Interior! Maybe He Could Change! / Sai One Nigeria / Witches Deploy 500 Members To Abuja For Jonathan's Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.