Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies (31621 Views)

Mentally-Challenged Woman Gives Birth To Baby Girl By Roadside In Ebonyi (Pix) / Hawker Gives Birth To Baby Boy By The Roadside In Imo (Photos) / Woman Gives Birth To 'Strange' Baby In Aba, Abia State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by References: 7:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
A woman who was pregnant when infected with COVID has reportedly given her child antibodies against the virus.

To date, the active virus has not been found in samples of fluid around babies in the womb or in breast milk

A Singaporean woman who was pregnant when she was infected with coronavirus in March has reportedly given birth to a baby with antibodies against the disease, offering a new clue as to whether the infection can be transferred from mother to child.

The baby, who was was born this month, does not have COVID-19 but has the virus antibodies, the Straits Times newspaper reported on Sunday, citing the mother.

“My doctor suspects I have transferred my COVID-19 antibodies to him during my pregnancy,” Celine Ng-Chan told the paper.

Ng-Chan had been mildly ill from the disease and was discharged from hospital after two and a half weeks, it said.

Ng-Chan and the National University Hospital, where she gave birth, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Rare transmission
The World Health Organization says it is not yet known whether a pregnant woman with COVID-19 can pass the virus to her fetus or baby during pregnancy or delivery.

To date, the active virus has not been found in samples of fluid around babies in the womb or in breast milk.

Doctors in China have reported the detection and decline over time of COVID-19 antibodies in babies born to women with coronavirus, according to an article published in October in the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases.

Transmission of the coronavirus from mothers to newborns is rare, doctors from New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center reported in October in JAMA Pediatrics.

While Singapore has recorded just slightly more than 58,000 COVID infections, there are over 62.2 million infections around the world today, with at least 1.45 million reported deaths, according to data collected by Johns Hopkins University in the United States.
https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/11/29/singaporean-mother-gives-birth-to-baby-with-covid-19-antibodies?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by XXXXTENTACION: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
CONSPIRACY THEORISTS OVER TO YOU GUYS grin

Righteousness89 will soon tell us that the anti-christ has been born. grin and that strange things are going to happening. grin

Conspiracy theorists will soon tell us how Bill Gates will use this baby to create vaccine then come and inject africans with the mark of the beast. grin

But in all these strage things have been happening and strange...

54 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by bazzyblings: 11:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
cheesy
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by bazzyblings: 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
grin
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Ktnu24: 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Alright
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Houseofglam7(f): 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
shocked
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Sixfeetbelle: 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Okay
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Jaynom(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
Pastor Chris will come and say this Baby is the "Antichrist"

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Lumidee007(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by fasho01(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
Interesting
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by PAWG(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
Whatever . Most of us have the antibodies

4 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by TriCee: 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
Well, welcome to the world baby. Sickness and afflictions shall never see you!

14 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Nobody: 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
References:
A woman who was pregnant when infected with COVID has reportedly given her child antibodies against the virus.

To date, the active virus has not been found in samples of fluid around babies in the womb or in breast milk

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/11/29/singaporean-mother-gives-birth-to-baby-with-covid-19-antibodies?__twitter_impression=true

Nigerians will soon shout: I don't believe it

4 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Dreambeat: 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
Not new.Antibodies of pregnant mothers usually cross over to the baby in utero
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by specialmati(m): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
cool
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by ursullalinda(f): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
cool
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Vanzcharles(m): 11:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hallelujah shocked
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by praiseneo(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
Harmattan don de come o undecided

6 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
Odd
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Thattallgirl(f): 11:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
It is well with you baby!
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by fdigital(m): 11:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
thank God for survival
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by berrystunn(m): 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
PAWG:
Whatever . Most of us have the antibodies

Men I do
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by DropsMic(m): 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Chei... That's good
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
References:

Hmmmmm......if not for Oga Gates wey wan sha vaccinate all of us by force, God don dey deal with this Corona in his own way o.

One more generation and the disease is history.
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Kingluqman(m): 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Miracle grin
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by ursullalinda(f): 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Scientist over to you......I can't explain what I don't know......let me be minding my business

2 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by WoundedLamb: 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Wow
Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Jaynom:
Pastor Chris will come and say this Baby is the "Antichrist"

No, he won't.
He will hail this occurrence as God's intervention.

2 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by MrStylish(m): 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
Abobi
Covid is now malaria
We move

2 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Dominion202: 11:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
Buhari is a failure
I times I wonda how he was able to get to the post of a general.

One chance president

4 Likes

Re: Singaporean Mother Gives Birth To Baby With COVID-19 Antibodies by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
GOOD ONE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'I Went To Libya To Get Free Treatment But This Happened' - Nigerian Man. Photos / Governor Ganduje Inspects Kwanar Dawaki Hospital / Listeriosis Outbreak: WHO Warns Nigeria, 15 Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.