Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House (1129 Views)

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos / Design + Construction Of 7 Bedroom Family House, Enugu / Estimate Of Building Not So Fancy 3-bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Chikwe10: 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
I am thinking of remodeling my 5 bedroom family house (bungalow) in Enugu to a 1 one storey building and may be with a pent house if possible to accommodate 4 of my brothers with their families. For privacy, I would like each person to have about 3rooms with baths but I have very limited funds. So specifically, I am adding 12 rooms, 6 toilets, 2 living rooms and 2 balconies. I want to know if #5m can cover this project before I delve into it.
Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by raymondFirstborn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
Chikwe10:
I am thinking of remodeling my 5 bedroom family house (bungalow) in Enugu to a 1 one storey building and may be with a pent house if possible to accommodate 4 of my brothers with their families. For privacy, I would like each person to have about 3rooms with baths but I have very limited funds. So specifically, I am adding 12 rooms, 6 toilets, 2 living rooms and 2 balconies. I want to know if #5m can cover this project before I delve into it.
Depending on the size of the current building & expected level of finishing.

5m won't finish it. Budget more
You would need approximately N15 - 17m. With average finishing.

Consider-
- cost of decking
-cost of adding structural elements (columns & beams).
- cost of blockwork.
- cost of finishing

You can contact me on 09056082348(call & WhatsApp) for cost breakdown.
raymondfubara@gmail.com
Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Glaswegian: 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
From what you described, N5m is highly unlikely.

From bungalow to one-storey building, you need to do decking/casting, that alone should cost up to N1.5m.
Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by powerkey: 12:13am On Nov 30, 2020
Chikwe10:

I know of someone who can help you achieve something close to that but he's not in ENUGU, but ANAMBRA.

He's know for such level of proper management.

1 Like

Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Chikwe10: 12:38am On Nov 30, 2020
Thank you Raymond Firstborn, the house has been decked already.
raymondFirstborn:

Depending on the size of the current building & expected level of finishing.

5m won't finish it. Budget more
You would need approximately N15 - 17m. With average finishing.

Consider-
- cost of decking
-cost of adding structural elements (columns & beams).
- cost of blockwork.
- cost of finishing

You can contact me on 09056082348(call & WhatsApp) for cost breakdown.
raymondfubara@gmail.com
Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Chikwe10: 12:39am On Nov 30, 2020
Glaswegian thank you for your response, I forgot to include that the house has been decked already.
Glaswegian:
From what you described, N5m is highly unlikely.

From bungalow to one-storey building, you need to do decking/casting, that alone should cost up to N1.5m.

Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Chikwe10: 12:42am On Nov 30, 2020
I forgot to add that the house has been decked already
Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by raymondFirstborn(m): 12:52am On Nov 30, 2020
Chikwe10:
Thank you Raymond Firstborn, the house has been decked already.
Ok.
That should bring the cost down to roughly N12M.
Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Glaswegian: 10:08am On Nov 30, 2020
Chikwe10:
Glaswegian thank you for your response, I forgot to include that the house has been decked already.

Great. N5m still unlikely to finish it based on what you described but just start. If you look at money, you will keep procrastinating and not do anything. In 2009, I once told a bricklayer that I wanted to do a small 3 bedroom for 2.5m in my hometown. He said I should just start. I ended up spending N13m over 4 years to finish that house. I would have been scared at the beginning if I knew it was going to cost me N13m

1 Like

Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Chikwe10: 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2020
I like your advice and that's what I intend to do on my next project. My plan is to quickly remodel the family house, and then start building my own personal house, and that is why I want to stick to a budget. Do you think that if I reduce the number of rooms, that it might help?
Glaswegian:

Great. N5m still unlikely to finish it based on what you described but just start. If you look at money, you will keep procrastinating and not do anything. In 2009, I once told a bricklayer that I wanted to do a small 3 bedroom for 2.5m in my hometown. He said I should just start. I ended up spending N13m over 4 years to finish that house. I would have been scared at the beginning if I knew it was going to cost me N13m
Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by Chikwe10: 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2020
I like your advice and that's what I intend to do on my next project. My plan is to quickly remodel the family house, and then start building my own personal house, and that is why I want to stick to a budget. Do you think that if I reduce the number of rooms, that it might help? Because my plan is to get this done within 5 months to avoid being homeless
Glaswegian:

Re: Will 5million Naira Estimate Be Enough To Remodel My Family House by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2020
Chikwe10:
I like your advice and that's what I intend to do on my next project. My plan is to quickly remodel the family house, and then start building my own personal house, and that is why I want to stick to a budget. Do you think that if I reduce the number of rooms, that it might help? Because my plan is to get this done within 5 months to avoid being homeless

If you reduce the number of rooms the cost would reduce

(1) (Reply)

Brit Properties Nigerian L.T.D / A Complimentary Website. / Prorerties @ Apapa Gra For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.