Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,342 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos (57998 Views)

Ghanaian Man Excited At Mansion His Brother Built For Him While He Was Abroad / My Family Is Now Homeless - Man Whose '#300m' House Was Demolished Speaks / Man Whose Watch, Cloths And House Are All Green, White, Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by DDIA: 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
‘My family now homeless’, man whose ‘N300m’ mansion was pulled down in Lagos speaks

Chimobi Ezenwa, a Lagos resident whose mansion said to be worth N300 million was demolished, says he is now homeless. The administration of Governor Babajid Sanwu Olu

Chimobi Ezenwa, a Lagos resident whose mansion said to be worth N300 million was demolished, says he is now homeless.

The administration of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu recently commenced the destruction of houses said to be in contravention of Lagos masterplan.

There have been speculations that a particular ethnic group is being targeted as a result of the last election, but the government has denied this.

In a video trending on social media, one of the numerous persons affected by the demolition, said his house was pulled down without prior notice.

My name is Chimobi Ezenwa and I am one of the victims of the ongoing demolition here in Abule Ado, Lagos.”

“This is my property, it has been demolished and there was no notice before encroaching on my property and destroying it. Even if I didn’t have an FHA (Federal Housing Authorities) allocation, if they asked me to pay for reclaiming of the land, I was ready to pay.

“They destroyed my property worth over 300 million here and now my kids are homeless, I don’t know what to do next. Some of my neighbours are in the hospital due to stroke, things are happening. So we are appealing to the government to help us stop the demolition going on at Abule Ado. The kids are in the hospital, please, I am begging. I call on the presidency to do something about this.

“Look at some people’s properties, even if they said some houses were built on the road, they are done demolishing those houses. Why enter into the streets where people are living? Now, children are homeless and cannot even go to school.

“About four people died as a result of heart attack. We have lost lives. My wife is also in the hospital because she can’t bear this. I am very very confused and homeless. There is an ongoing committee that has been making calls but there is no response yet but we are praying to get a response because there is still ongoing demolition right here as I speak.”

Williams Ochemba, another landlord whose house was pulled down, said, “Surely there have been negotiations between the landlords for long. We have been discussing for better understanding.

“They threatened to carry out the demolition but we reclaimed it from the swamps and invested on it till this level only to find out that it belongs to the Nigerian government, then we started a negotiation with them and we felt things would not go this way.

“All along, we have been saying please consider us, let this exercise have a human face cause we invested here ignorantly, and let there be an understanding between both parties, the families and the FHA. They then came to us and told us what we should do and we were willing to do.

“Although mine has been demolished, let others not be moved into the streets like myself. Let it stop while we negotiate and understand each side. I have been walking in the streets and sleeping in the open. I have mosquito bites all over. This is for a lot of people, not only myself. Landlords, and house owners, we have been rendered homeless.”

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by DDIA: 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin

yinkus6750:
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.

Illegal development of Lagos grin

93 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by yinkus6750(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
Why build without proper documents and follow due process?
If you were on the right path, you could have sied the government.

141 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by superCleanworks(m): 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
God please.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by WhisperedNoise: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
Na wa ooo. Things are too shady in Nigeria.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Codepain: 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
Sorry Ezenwa grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
1TrippleCee:
It is a lesson. All of us with to approach setting up installations in foreign bases. Why it maybe noble, setting up in fireign bases should not be the only/major asset

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.

151 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by 1TrippleCee: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Even in your homeland, if you do not do proper verification, you can still fall in same shoes.

The point you should be emphasizing about is, doing due diligent investigations before venturing into real estate investment.

Dont know what you are talking about. I only advicated the need for portfolio diversification

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
Too bad

What kind of country is this for crying out loud, the government don't have human feelings (I'm home, come and carry me)

If at all, the property owners might have done the wrong thing, two wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day, they fit still use 10 years or more before they make use of that land piece....why? Why are we treating ourselves like this? There should always be a way of sorting this if it is compelling to demolish the structures abeg.

But one other thing, if this has political undertone, I won't personally forgive sanwoolu as much as I like him

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by YeyeGbami: 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
Very sad and painful. put yourself in these people shoes.

Lasg will pretend to be blind until people invest their sweat in these projects,, they will now come later to pull it down. Na pure wickedness nothing more!

Why not stop or prevent them from working on the lands at all 🙁🙁

72 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Naijaguy123: 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
What a loss .
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by CoronaVirusPro: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
1TrippleCee:

Dont know what you are talking about. I only advicated the need for portfolio diversification

And even when you diversify without still doing proper investigations and verifications, you still could lose it all.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Goodman247: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jesus help.us
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Splashme: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
Sad
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
DDIA:

SOURCE: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-family-now-homeless-man-whose-n300m-mansion-was-pulled-down-in-lagos-speaks
I am so sad about this, but if it's true that some Ethnic are targeted due to last election; u people went too far boasting LAGOS is no Man's Land , knowing u bought land with no proper DOCUMENTS... lesson for the Others.

53 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
I think it's unfair to demolish people's property without a fair hearing, proper investigation and possible compensation.

Nobody builds a property worth millions expecting it to be demolished.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Tunde835(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
Developers

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by tamdun: 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
300 million? Dey play

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by akingangan: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
It's just an unfortunate situation. The government should not have let the construction get to that stage before doing something about it.

The tenants and landlords should get compensation regardless.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Nicoddemus(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin
Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Godfullsam(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
Let's see the pictures of the building before it was demolished to ascertain if it worths 300m.

In wish case, I sympathize with the victims.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Odunharry(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
Mhen this is really sad for those affected.

It's well.

19 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by loveli2uall: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wetin go happen nw

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by Jcomtrader: 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
Sorry bro
Even as a SS person all my investments remain in the SS. The rest go abroad

Like i always say i would rather eat pizza with my money that invest it a territory that hates me.
Your 300m will get good property anywhere jn the world and fetch you dollar rent if you dont know what to do with jt

The new lagos speaker joined with BAT at the center have mever hidden their disdain for foreigners

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by BOSSkesh(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2023
It’s not tribalism
Theses houses do not have proper documentation
And built with substandard materials
Also the buildings aren’t properly planned and it’s built illegally
However the case, compensation is paid to ease the suffering

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by KingOfAmebo(m): 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
This shouldn't have a tribal undertone abeg.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by PHIPEX(m): 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Who sold the land? These people did not just wake up and build a house, they bought the supposed land from someone.

How about the criminals that sold the lands?

Why does the govt wait for people to finish their building before demolishing them? "Delay defeats equity"

38 Likes

Re: My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos by sofeo(m): 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
It's well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Between These Two Home Interiors, Which One Do You Prefer? / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex / Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.