Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members (15096 Views)

Laila Johnson-Salami Rattles David Umahi. "I Need An Interpreter!" / Umahi: I Will Host Peter Obi In Ebonyi, I Like What He’s Doing / Jubilation In Edo Over Shaibu’s Planned Defection From PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Ikennamurphy: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2020
Ebonyi Governor David Umahi has revealed he actually planned his defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC) with former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim and National Assembly members from the state.

Umahi disclosed this while addressing APC stakeholders at a meeting in Abakaliki.

He said Anyim backed out of the plan because he (Umahi) went to see President Buhari over the defection plan without carrying him along.

According the Governor, the plan was for Anyim and other leaders to join him in APC two weeks after he must have successfully defected.

Umahi said he consulted all the National Assembly members and Elders from the State over his defection to APC, claiming all them approved the move and even agreed to defect with him.

He said the only grievance of the NASS members and other leaders was that he joined APC before them, revealing that they actually wanted to join APC before him.

“They were planning to ambush me, but it is difficult to catch the air,” he said.

Reacting to the allegation making the round that Anyim gave him N5bn to prosecute his governorship election in 2015, Umahi said: “I was a deputy Governor, somebody occupying the highest position from the Southeast (referring to Anyim) went and arranged for a N5bn naira loan for me to prosecute the presidential election for his government. I had to sell many of my properties to pay back that money.”

Read Also: Umahi: Limit of opportunism
Umahi vowed to fight those who antagonising him, saying “let me tell you, I’m not afraid of anybody but I respect everybody. But I have said that if God sent me, this will be the last fight in this state.”

He alleged former Governor Martin Elechi was also fought by the same people fighting him.

“All these people that came together to fight me, they collect contracts, they collect monthly pay, they collect vehicles. And when they are asked to bring people that worked for us, they will bring their wives, children and relations.

“Now, they are dressing words for us. We are in chapter one, in Chapter two, I will publish all that I have done for the leaders of this state,” Umahi vowed.
https://thenationonlineng.net/i-planned-defection-to-apc-with-anyim-nass-members-umahi/amp/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Ikennamurphy: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2020
Lol

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by doggedfighter(f): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
Why's Umahi singing like a Canary?

Own your defection with your chest !!! undecided

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Mokason288(m): 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
I have said it before and I will gladly say it again

One IGBO man is another IGBO man’s problem

This Umahi has only been Interested in talking like a child... I thought he said few days ago that Anyim is the leader of IPOB why was he planning on defecting with the leader of IPOB if he isn’t one

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

109 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by longetivity(m): 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
Enough of this Apc defection bullshit

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Fahdiga(m): 9:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Umahi you are a non entity in Igbo land. you will soon regret your actions

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Ikennamurphy: 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mokason288:

This Umahi has only been Interested in talking like a child... I thought he said few days ago that Anyim is the leader of IPOB why was he planning on defecting with the leader of IPOB if he isn’t one

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
He felt outsmarted

21 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Racoon(m): 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Defection gone wrong but nobody forced you to defect nah.No wonder Dave Umahi have been behaving as a tyrannt.You cant join the coven & reason rationally.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Ikennamurphy: 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fahdiga:
Umahi you are a non entity in Igbo land. you will soon regret your actions
He can't be, at least he's more useful than any present south east governor

8 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by fcb212: 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
ABEG UMAHI DID ANYBODY FORCE YOU TO APC WITH YOUR AMIBITION

33 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Ikennamurphy: 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
fcb212:
ABEG UMAHI DID ANYBODY FORCE YOU TO APC WITH YOUR AMIBITION
He's feeling outsmarted, that's why his pained I think because Anyim them will now be in full control of the party and determines who wins next guber in the state

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by jlinkd78(m): 9:50pm On Nov 29, 2020
There is no maturity in this Umahi

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Kingof2nations(m): 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
umahi is loosing it
yet none of this ppl has even responded to all your claim.
it's as if umahi is just confirming the arguments that once you join APC you will lose your senses

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by flokii: 10:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
Umahi the Northern puppet dreaming of 2023 presidency grin

14 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Mgbadike80: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2020
Umahi should shut up and face the consequences of his actions, he should stop attacking those not attacking.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by sapientia(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hehehehehe

Umahi, welcome to political wilderness.

You will keep defending and buttering this your move for years to come.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 29, 2020
Lwkd, efulefu political career is ending fast. Now he is singing like cannery

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Smithkafors(m): 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2020
Mumu man, they wanted to collect the structure from him......now, they will bring in another person for next election and the person will win under PDP.

31 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Okoroawusa: 11:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
2023 will be interesting in the South East.

Umahi I don't know wether it's you or the media that like milking headlines from one speech, but whatever it's e don do. The noise is too much. You defected to a party hated by igbos and you think it will be a tea party? If you know the reasons you defected to APC try to achieve it n if you know that you can't achieve it you quit. Enough of all these talk talk everyday.
Igbos like us in APC since inception has been persecuted worse yet we don't give press release everyday.

Bia nwokem weluya nwayo!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by ChangetheChange: 12:00am On Nov 30, 2020
grin grin grin
They set Umahi up and deceived him to decamp,
Umahi has been rendered politically useless come 2023

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by powerkey: 12:03am On Nov 30, 2020
Umahi has gone mad and is dancing totally naked.

This man is bereft of common sense

Umahi is gone.

20 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by ChimaAdeoye: 12:05am On Nov 30, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
I had to sell many of my properties to pay back that money.” Umahi vowed to fight those who antagonising him. “All these people that came together to fight me, they collect contracts, they collect monthly pay, they collect vehicles. And when they are asked to bring people that worked for us, they will bring their wives, children and relations. “Now, they are dressing words for us.

Ghen Ghen, James Bond film "Live and Let Die" don start......
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If he wants to be APC's Igbo presidential candidate, He should disclose the names of those who have been stealing Ebonyi State money!

Finally, finally, the mirage called APC's Igbo President that Umahi is killing for is merely "GhostMode" in Phyno's voice. Oga eme gi voom!

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by tobechi74: 12:11am On Nov 30, 2020
Aoc will surprise him in 2023

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Emyzoloye5(m): 12:33am On Nov 30, 2020
umahi is so pained and bitter cus he defected alone .....

welcome to political Oblivion Alhaji David Umahi

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by SmartPolician: 3:34am On Nov 30, 2020
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Why are you dragging a tribe of millions of people into your madness because some politicians are repositioning themselves for 2023?

It seems you people always put your brains in a bottle before commenting on Nairaland.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by AsiwajuNdigbo: 3:51am On Nov 30, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
Ebonyi Governor David Umahi has revealed he actually planned his defection to the All Progressives Congress (APC) with former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Pius Anyim and National Assembly members from the state.

Umahi disclosed this while addressing APC stakeholders at a meeting in Abakaliki.

He said Anyim backed out of the plan because he (Umahi) went to see President Buhari over the defection plan without carrying him along.

According the Governor, the plan was for Anyim and other leaders to join him in APC two weeks after he must have successfully defected.

Umahi said he consulted all the National Assembly members and Elders from the State over his defection to APC, claiming all them approved the move and even agreed to defect with him.

He said the only grievance of the NASS members and other leaders was that he joined APC before them, revealing that they actually wanted to join APC before him.

“They were planning to ambush me, but it is difficult to catch the air,” he said.

Reacting to the allegation making the round that Anyim gave him N5bn to prosecute his governorship election in 2015, Umahi said: “I was a deputy Governor, somebody occupying the highest position from the Southeast (referring to Anyim) went and arranged for a N5bn naira loan for me to prosecute the presidential election for his government. I had to sell many of my properties to pay back that money.”

Read Also: Umahi: Limit of opportunism
Umahi vowed to fight those who antagonising him, saying “let me tell you, I’m not afraid of anybody but I respect everybody. But I have said that if God sent me, this will be the last fight in this state.”

He alleged former Governor Martin Elechi was also fought by the same people fighting him.

“All these people that came together to fight me, they collect contracts, they collect monthly pay, they collect vehicles. And when they are asked to bring people that worked for us, they will bring their wives, children and relations.

“Now, they are dressing words for us. We are in chapter one, in Chapter two, I will publish all that I have done for the leaders of this state,” Umahi vowed.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-planned-defection-to-apc-with-anyim-nass-members-umahi/amp/

Nobody ask this man abeg. Umahi face front. If you take action own it and stop trying to distribute guilt to others.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Mokason288(m): 4:06am On Nov 30, 2020
SmartPolician:

Why are you dragging a tribe of millions of people into your madness because some politicians are repositioning themselves for 2023?

It seems you people always put your brains in a bottle before commenting on Nairaland?

Ewu who told you Hausa’s and Yoruba’s are not repositioning themselves for 2023 ?

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Jagznation(m): 4:08am On Nov 30, 2020
mr governor no need to worry just relax
Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Myhusband(m): 4:11am On Nov 30, 2020
don't worry your people want APC to handover presidency to them because is now Eze title in Nigeria, they will decamp

after all APC an evil broom party, alimajiri and ewedu eating party is now party that see light and the best to make Nigeria better

I will continue to repeat this that, unpatriotic to this country will never make this country developed because we are never one and we can never be one, Igbo will always call Muslims and other names because they don't agree to their political ideology, Igbo will have to be begging for presidency in a country they sacrifice their millions of people to stay, Yoruba will always be enemy to Igbo just because they're aligning with Hausa without consulting the Igbo according to them

you see everybody should just go their own way and let's have peace because when their is political instability, there is no how a country can progress or developed

when it's time to fight the common enemies which are these politicians then they use religion line and ethnicity colouration to divide us but to what end?

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by NdigboWorldwide: 4:16am On Nov 30, 2020
look what joining APC have done to Umahi, Just only joining alone he has turned to lousy and confuse talker.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by SmartPolician: 4:36am On Nov 30, 2020
Mokason288:

Ewu who told you Hausa’s and Yoruba’s are not repositioning themselves for 2023 ?

Olodo

You are still not getting the point. Perhaps I will have to bring it down to the kindergarten level so you can grasp it.

If politicians are having issues, attack the politicians. Stop dragging an entire tribe of millions of people into your madness.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I Planned Defection To APC With Anyim, NASS Members by Mokason288(m): 4:43am On Nov 30, 2020
SmartPolician:

Olodo

You are still not getting the point. Perhaps I will have to bring it down to the kindergarten level so you can grasp it.

If politicians are having issues, attack the politicians. Stop dragging an entire tribe of millions of people into your madness.
You don’t get my point too for a start I’m also Igbo by tribe so I know I’m not talking trash...

Stop disguising your foolishness with the name tag “politicians “ ... Hausa’s and Youruba’s are more populated than we Igbos

My question is how many Hausa’s and Yoruba’s have you seen pulling themselves down because they are repositioning for 2023 ?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Clash Over Warrant Of Arrest On Emefiele / The Ijaw National Congress Unanimously Endorse Peter Obi For President / Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.