Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,406 members, 7,853,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:21 AM

How We Lost 500 Euro To Scammers At - Roberthoyzerbets.com - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How We Lost 500 Euro To Scammers At - Roberthoyzerbets.com (708 Views)

A Lady Just Lost 50k To Scammers On Her Fcmb Account / I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. / Offa Bank Robbery: We Lost Nine Officers - Police (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Lost 500 Euro To Scammers At - Roberthoyzerbets.com by hellopeople: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2020
Me and my friend lost a whopping 500 Euro to the scammers at - Roberthoyzerbets.com

We normally bet at times using premium tips from professional tipsters.

So, few weeks ago, we came across this tipster website, Roberthoyzerbets.com, via a Nairaland comment.

The site looks legit and all with tips history dating back to 2014. We did our due diligence by searching for any scam post associated with the website, but we found none. We checked the website WHOIS, but it was hidden, and that is normal. We checked the previous posts and was at least 60% convinced.

So, we decided to give it a try. We contributed money and paid 500 euro for the upcoming game on November 29th (that's yesterday)

After making and confirming payment via Bitcoin on the 28th, the guys delivered the said game via email.

But lo and behold! The game they delivered to us cannot be found in any bookie - 1xbet, bwin, bet365, etc.

That's when we knew we have just entered One-Chance - long bus for that matter.

A quick research now revealed to us that domain was registered barely one month earlier, on the 27th of October 2020. That means all the history were fake as ever.

This is what we could have checked ealier before dishing out our money, but I guess we got blinded by greed or whatever.

Today, they posted a fake winning on their website to convince more people to pay for their next tips that will be coming later in December.

My aim of posting this here is to alert others so they don't fall victim as me and my friend just did because I can see they are targeting nairalander too.

So, be wise and stay safe.

Link below is the full screenshot of our conversation with the scammer so far.

https://ibb.co/C0sb8sW

Mods, you can push this to FP please.
--

1 Like

Re: How We Lost 500 Euro To Scammers At - Roberthoyzerbets.com by Lothario(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
hellopeople:
Me and my friend lost a whopping 500 Euro to the scammers at - Roberthoyzerbets.com

We normally bet at times using premium tips from professional tipsters.

So, few weeks ago, we came across this tipster website, Roberthoyzerbets.com, via a Nairaland comment.

The site looks legit and all with tips history dating back to 2014. We did our due diligence by searching for any scam post associated with the website, but we found none. We checked the website WHOIS, but it was hidden, and that is normal. We checked the previous posts and was at least 60% convinced.

So, we decided to give it a try. We contributed money and paid 500 euro for the upcoming game on November 29th (that's yesterday)

After making and confirming payment via Bitcoin on the 28th, the guys delivered the said game via email.

But lo and behold! The game they delivered to us cannot be found in any bookie - 1xbet, bwin, bet365, etc.

That's when we knew we have just entered One-Chance - long bus for that matter.

A quick research now revealed to us that domain was registered barely one month earlier, on the 27th of October 2020. That means all the history were fake as ever.

This is what we could have checked ealier before dishing out our money, but I guess we got blinded by greed or whatever.

Today, they posted a fake winning on their website to convince more people to pay for their next tips that will be coming later in December.

My aim of posting this here is to alert others so they don't fall victim as me and my friend just did because I can see they are targeting nairalander too.

So, be wise and stay safe.

Link below is the full screenshot of our conversation with the scammer so far.

https://ibb.co/C0sb8sW

Mods, you can push this to FP please.
--
Hey bro please what professional tipsters do you use

(1) (Reply)

Angela Ozioko’s Son Kidnapped A 100 Years Old Woman With Her 16 Year Old Daughte / D’prince Signs New Artiste, Ruger, To Join Rema / Please Help Find This Missing Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.