Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,660 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum (5340 Views)

92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos) / Gaddaffi’s Last Formal Speech Most Read / Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 23, 2011
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by cap28: 1:32am On Mar 23, 2011
Its not over yet, the west should not count their chickens before they've hatched i know exxon mobil, chevron, bp and the other vultures that make up the american military industrial complex are salivating over the trillions they think they will amass from this ,but theres still a way to go - gadaffi is no walk over.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 23, 2011
I wouldnt be surprised too if Gadaffi pull an unexpected stunt he seems to know his ways out of tight corners. I remembered the lockerbie bomber crisis and how he eventually got reabsorbed from its pariah status by the western nations.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by cap28: 2:26am On Mar 23, 2011
^^^^^

very true but the thing about the lockerbie situation which the UK govt is not very keen to discuss is the fact that the documentation and investigations into the incident have been placed under a public interest immunity certificate for life which means that none of the documentation surrounding this case will ever be released to the public - this now begs the question - why?

if it is that al megrahi was responsible and the libyans admitted responsibility why the secrecy? what is it about this incident that the UK/US govt do not want the public to know about. even a british mp Tam Dalyell asked similar questions and after much investigation surrounding this matter came to this conclusion:

http://scottishlaw..com/2009/08/tam-dalyell-writes-on-truths-about.html

I honestly beleive that if gadaffi and his sons ever have an opportunity to have their day in court the world will be appalled to find out the kind of atrocities that the US/UK govt have been comitting around the world this is why they are desperate to silence him.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by eghost247(m): 4:01am On Mar 23, 2011
Mugabe
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Bawss1(m): 11:04am On Mar 23, 2011
How long is that mad dog trying to fool the world with this antics?  He had better take Mugabe's offer while he can.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by ideylaff: 11:11am On Mar 23, 2011
All na mouth,  Gadaffi no get pawa like he used to have b4,

That Reagan saga really messed him up Militarily, all dat efizzy of women guarding him na just shakara, we only dey work
any time he visits African Countries like he did 2 OBJ guards last time he came visiting.

Strong eye no dey light Cigar men, i begiiii

See famous Gadaffi soldiers 4 TV with Guns bn mounted on make shift Pick up trucks in 2011,  grin

The bobo no get as we think say he get, like b4,

1 mad man dey invite anoda craze 1 to the same country,

na 2 use 1 stone 2 kill 2 birds be dat, grin

1 drone to Harare, @oparei" e finish

as much as I don't like Western intrusion,,, sometimes its d only way out,

Awon were, won ma blow last niiii,
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by johnjoel(m): 11:26am On Mar 23, 2011
all the same
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by xreal: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2011
Pls tell those NATO Forces to LEAVE immediately Gadafi accepts such an offer.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by PBundles(m): 11:33am On Mar 23, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^

very true but the thing about the lockerbie situation which the UK govt is not very keen to discuss is the fact that the documentation and investigations into the incident have been placed under a public interest immunity certificate for life which means that none of the documentation surrounding this case will ever be released to the public - this now begs the question - why?

if it is that al megrahi was responsible and the libyans admitted responsibility why the secrecy? what is it about this incident that the UK/US govt do not want the public to know about. even a british mp Tam Dalyell asked similar questions and after much investigation surrounding this matter came to this conclusion:

http://scottishlaw..com/2009/08/tam-dalyell-writes-on-truths-about.html

I honestly beleive that if gadaffi and his sons ever have an opportunity to have their day in court the world will be appalled to find out the kind of atrocities that the US/UK govt have been comitting around the world this is why they are desperate to silence him.

So very true. Wikileaks has taught us just how dishonest these leaders are. Would one have thought that his sons would be throwing lavish parties etc. I think (IMO) that they may have struck an oil deal with them. Even one of his generals recently confessed that Gadaffi was behind the bombing. THEY ARE ALL BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER, just some are chickens and others are Eagles, with some being vultures.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2011
Won ma surely blow e last ni,imagine him still shelling after all warnings,the guy no get conscience.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Tcrack(m): 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
Ghadaffi! Ghadaffi!! Ghadaffi!!! You see your life.why would anybody in his right frame of mind want to live in Zimbabwe. of all places ZIMBABWE. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Ayoobscom(m): 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
Intervention or looting

settlement or killing

social or religious
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
PBundles:

So very true. Wikileaks has taught us just how dishonest these leaders are. Would one have thought that his sons would be throwing lavish parties etc. I think (IMO) that they may have struck an oil deal with them. Even one of his generals recently confessed that Gadaffi was behind the bombing. THEY ARE ALL BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER, just some are chickens and others are Eagles, with some being vultures.

Which bomb incidence are you refering to?
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Solozzo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
Nobody should blame the west for carefully choosing which country to go in and fight to sustain democracy or their interests. One major principle of an intervention warfare is that the country the war is to be brought to must have the means to pay for the war effort. Modern weaponry are expensive.

First day of this crisis alone cost the USA over 225 million dollars on the 110 cruise missiles at a cost of 1.5million dollars per missile.

So if u no get any useful resources to pay for the war effort for your country no salvation for u. Na so the world be. First gulf war was paid for by Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Every country had a share of some of the money after all expenses paid, and some juicy oil contracts.

That is why USA and the allies would never go into poor countries like Zimbabwe or Ethiopia to fight.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Jen33(m): 4:54pm On Mar 23, 2011
Tcrack said:

Ghadaffi! Ghadaffi!! Ghadaffi!!! You see your life.why would anybody in his right frame of mind want to live in Zimbabwe. of all places ZIMBABWE.

I don't blame you. Afterall if BBC and CNN are your only source of information, you would think there was nothing in Zimbabwe but shacks and starving children.

Harare:

[img]http://www.efriends.pnet.pl/postcards/harare_ps.jpg[/img]
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Jen33(m): 6:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Jen33(m): 6:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
Now tell me why Gadaffi cannot live in a place like this. Is Tripoli better than this, even with all their oil?
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mughaddaffi,

Ghaddugabe,

Mugu-daffy,

etc.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by violent(m): 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Jen 33

Is that the way you reason? Post a few pictures of select places to back up your argument?
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Gbenge77(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2011
A dictator offering his fellow dictator an assylum?
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by shellicon(m): 10:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
The fly dat refuses 2 hear advice, will follow dead body 2 the grave
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Jen33(m): 12:49am On Mar 24, 2011
@Jen 33

Is that the way you reason?  Post a few pictures of select places to back up your argument?

Select places? What IS ''select places'' is the CRAP BBC shows you - you know, that scene of blacks attacking an obsure white farm which they showed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again till all you saw when you thought of Zimbabwe was THAT farm being stormed by 'war veterans'.

THAT'S THE ''SELECT PLACES'' YOU MEANT, SURELY NOT CENTRAL HARARE.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Baraac(f): 10:44am On Mar 24, 2011
na to use one stone to kill two eagles
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by juman(m): 11:23am On Mar 24, 2011
Mugabe? Not good idea for Gadaffi family.

Which other country would like to harbour Gaddaffi family? Probably No.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by isalegan2: 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
"Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum."

Bloody Quitter! He should be offering him ammunition and manpower. Asylum koo, alum nii.
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by cap28: 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin thats my gurl
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by mamagee3(f): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
I hope Gaddafi stinks off to qatar
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by dantsoho(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
guys why the abuse on gaddafi alone?
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by mamagee3(f): 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2011
^^Who else is responsible for the death of 11,000 libyans?

Who else are we supposed to ause if not a stubborn, hard-headed tyrant?
Re: Mugabe Offers Gaddaffi Asylum by Nplnsolo(m): 10:22am On Mar 28, 2011
I think the idea is that if Gadaffi has a nation he can go to in exile, then it offers him a way out of the crisis.  As far as Zimbabwe's development goes, when I was in Harare, a young American told me that Zimbabwe was a very poor country. I asked her if she had seen the city, she said that she had but that there was little development out in the rural zones.  That is pretty much true of any nation.  Had Mugabe invested the majority of the nation's wealth in developing the countryside, the same woman would have commented that Harare's buildings were all left over from white rule. That is how some people think. I am telling you, I road with a young man from America from Mozambique to Zimbabwe over hundreds of miles of brand new black top highway.  There was one section of road of about 50 feet that was still being constructed. It was where the two ends of the blacktop highway met up. And I already knew what this guy was going to tell me.  At that very point he groaned, "Oh, this road is just so awful!!!" That is how some people think.  If John Smith puts a cup on top of the table, someone thinks, "Oh, great, he has a free hand, let me go over there and shake it, and I'll make a new acquaintence."   The same guy sees a black man put his cup down on the same table and he thinks to himself, "He put that filthy cup down on top of that table! No respect! Someone ought to put him in his place, "  It is unfortunate but it is true and I think it contibutes to mental illness in minority members in the USA and in Europe, etc. because there is a steady drumbeat of negativity that is pounded into many peoples heads and it causes chronic stress undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Deposits Of Oil, Gold, Copper And Iridium In Hati! / Why Is The Us Military Occupying Four Airports In Haiti? / We Will Take Out The S-400 If A Nato Member Jet Is Hit: Us Defence Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.