Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU (29576 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Detailed Analysis Of The Russian-ukrainian's Imbroglio And The Eu's Part In It / Afrikaner Family File For Asylum In U.s Citing Racism In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 08, 2013
A gay refugee from an African country where people are jailed for being a homosexual does qualify for asylum, the EU rules

The fear of imprisonment for homosexuality in African countries is grounds for asylum in the European Union, Europe's highest court has ruled.
According to the European Court of Justice, a gay refugee from a country where people are jailed for being homosexual does qualify as a persecuted group eligible for asylum.
The court's ruling concerned three homosexual men from Sierra Leone, Uganda and Senegal who had sought asylum in Holland, but is binding for all EU countries, including Britain.
"Homosexual acts are a criminal offence in those three countries and may lead to serious punishment, from heavy fines to life imprisonment in certain cases," the ECJ ruled.
"A term of imprisonment which accompanies a legislative provision which punishes homosexual acts may constitute an act of persecution per se, provided that it is actually applied."
The EU judges also ruled that asylum seekers should not be expected to conceal their homosexuality to avoid persecution in their home country.
"The court considers that requiring members of a social group sharing the same sexual orientation to conceal it is incompatible with the recognition of a characteristic so fundamental to a person's identity that the persons concerned cannot be required to renounce it," the judges ruled.
"Therefore, an applicant for asylum cannot be expected to conceal his homosexuality in his country of origin in order to avoid persecution."
Homosexual acts are illegal across Africa including in countries such as Uganda, Nigeria, Kenya and Botswana, which have close links to the West.
Under international law people from a social group with a well-founded fear of persecution or human rights violations can claim asylum status.
It will be up to national authorities to decide whether the situation in an applicant asylum seeker's country of origin amounts to persecution, particularly "whether the term of imprisonment is applied in practice".
"The UK has a proud history of granting asylum to those who need it and applications are carefully considered before a decision is made," said a Government spokesman.
"However, applicants must establish that they face persecution and inhuman or degrading treatment in their country of origin to qualify for our protection."
Next year, following another Dutch case, the EU courts are expected to rule on a much more difficult matter: how national asylum authorities should verify a person's claim that they are homosexual.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10432984/EU-rules-that-gay-Africans-are-entitled-to-asylum.html

I think this is a good development. Let them take all the gays from Nigeria and let naija be gay-free. Problem has changed hands. Our prisons are full enough and people are tired of lynching them already.

P.S.
^^ When I made this comment above, I did not intend to annoy gay people. I am not homophobic, I own a pink shirt angry

43 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by isalegan2: 12:30am On Nov 08, 2013
usmsam: A gay refugee from an African country where people are jailed for being a homosexual does qualify for asylum, the EU rules

So what they need to do is start issuing visa to anyone who walks into their embassy claiming fear of persecution for being g.a.y! Don't just run your mouth, EU countries; show us you mean it.

4 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 08, 2013
isale_gan2:

So what they need to do is start issuing visa to anyone who walks into their embassy claiming fear of persecution for being g.a.y! Don't just run your mouth, EU countries; show us you mean it.

They've done it in the past. The clause in this new ruling is that the only countries that the rule applies to are those in which the gay people will be persecuted in. eg. Nigeria where being gay automatically gives you 14 years imprisonment.
All that remains now is for Nigerians to pretend to be gay so that they will ruin the whole thing. Mtschewww.

14 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 12:48am On Nov 08, 2013
I love Castro.

When Castro opened his borders to any one who wanted to leave Cuba, he also opened up his prison and deported criminals and gays to the U.S.

The EU is low on Nigga-gay c0cks.

6 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 12:48am On Nov 08, 2013
why hide my post?

is because i mentioned how muslims are slowly but surely destroying Europe?

1 Like

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 12:52am On Nov 08, 2013
usmsam:
All that remains now is for Nigerians to pretend to be gay so that they will ruin the whole thing. Mtschewww.

Trust me. No straight dude will pretend to be gay for a second.

In some ways, I like this new immigration offer. We get rid of an increasing and disturbing fagg0t population and send it back to where the culture of butth0le surfing began

25 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Vivly(f): 1:03am On Nov 08, 2013
Magic Bishop:

In some ways, I like this new immigration offer. We get rid of an increasing and disturbing fagg0t population and send it back to where the culture of butth0le surfing began
What? Nigerians and their love for foreign countries? Some trek across borders, even to poorer third world countries. Most people are sure going to pretend to be gay to seek asylum.

28 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by isalegan2: 1:03am On Nov 08, 2013
usmsam:
They've done it in the past. The clause in this new ruling is that the only countries that the rule applies to are those in which the gay people will be persecuted in. eg. Nigeria where being gay automatically gives you 14 years imprisonment.

How will that ruin it? The Europeans are crying out to free and help the g.a.y.s. So, give them all the g.a.y.s they can handle. Some Naijas are doing much worse than pretending to be gay just to get into ridiculous places like Libya and India, for Pete's sake. Naija's changed a lot since I was a kid, I'll tell you that! I mean, Africans dying trying to cross the Sahara desert or traveling in rickety boats to get to North Africa or some Spanish island.

Anyway, we see all the time those who claim to now be "ex-homos." So, it shouldn't be a problem if some desperate fool gets into Europe, then discovers 5 or so years later, he actually wasn't a homo after all. Are they going to deport him?

I'm not supporting deceit by visa-seekers, but this holier-than-thou know-it-all honkies irritate me when they feel they should dictate how we live and what we should believe.

3 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Ikengawo: 1:08am On Nov 08, 2013
LOL the EU/US is in for trouble. I find it funny that they believe their countries are more tolerant than the rest of the world. A people that aren't tolerant of blacks will now ask gay blacks to get asylum so that their gay half can live freely and their black half can be a second class citizen. ok o.

17 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 1:08am On Nov 08, 2013
Vivly: What? Nigerians and thier love for foreign countries? Most people are sure going to pretend to be gay to seek asylum.

Not when Immigration authorities check ur butth0le circumference to be sure and arrange for accommodation afterwards with a lonely 60 yr old tranny dying from gay cancer

20 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:09am On Nov 08, 2013
o boy EU done finish,fake gays.Free visa.

1 Like

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 1:12am On Nov 08, 2013
First muskins now african aids c0ck.

RIP Europe.

Hello Eurabia

1 Like

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Vivly(f): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Not when Immigration authorities check ur butth0le circumference to be sure and arrange for accommodation afterwards with a lonely 60 yr old tranny dying from gay cancer
Is that part of the screening exercise?
Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 1:16am On Nov 08, 2013
Vivly: Is that part of the screening exercise?

yes. and you have to have sex with a random dutch gay
Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by GSKing: 1:35am On Nov 08, 2013
Magic Bishop:

somehow I knew someone would write exactly what I just quoted? Nigeria will remain a backward country since it has refused to move forward...

nice development EU... we will help your country grow!

#haters beware!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 1:39am On Nov 08, 2013
GSKing:

. we will help your country grow!

yeah rite. by growing the aids population and starting another pox epidemic

9 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 08, 2013
isale_gan2:

How will that ruin it? The Europeans are crying out to free and help the g.a.y.s. So, give them all the g.a.y.s they can handle. Some Naijas are doing much worse than pretending to be gay just to get into ridiculous places like Libya and India, for Pete's sake. Naija's changed a lot since I was a kid, I'll tell you that! I mean, Africans dying trying to cross the Sahara desert or traveling in rickety boats to get to North Africa or some Spanish island.

Anyway, we see all the time those who claim to now be "ex-homos." So, it shouldn't be a problem if some desperate fool gets into Europe, then discovers 5 or so years later, he actually wasn't a homo after all. Are they going to deport him?

I'm not supporting deceit by visa-seekers, but this holier-than-thou know-it-all honkies irritate me when they feel they should dictate how we live and what we should believe.

What I mean is that it is a good development because now they have a way to leave Nigeria to practice their ways freely. Before you know it Naija will free of gays hopefully grin

2 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by dasparrow: 2:25am On Nov 08, 2013
@Post

Why do I get this eery feeling that some Nigerians might abuse it? Anyways, let's see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by yuzedo: 5:45am On Nov 08, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Rofllllll grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 08, 2013
grin
Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MaziOmenuko: 6:42am On Nov 08, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Truth. Since they have to arrange an accommodation for asylum seekers, they might as well find one for them in a well known gay community with a gay parole officer to check on them once in a while and make sure the but-hole circumference is steadily increasing.

15 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Rogers210(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2013
usmsam:

I think this is a good development. Let them take all the gays from Nigeria and let naija be gay-free. Problem has changed hands. Our prisons are full enough and people are tired of lynching them already.
people like you are the ones contributing to the backwardness of Africa. You want to lynch homosexuals when you have a load of problems unsolved in your own sorry life. You better think.

7 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by MagicBishop: 7:38am On Nov 08, 2013
Rogers210: people like you are the ones contributing to the backwardness of Africa. You want to lynch homosexuals when you have a load of problems unsolved in your own sorry life. You better think.

Gaylord, Africa has a lot of problems agreed and so we don't need fagg0ts adding to the sh1t we have to deal with.

Google The R@pe of Men and see the atrocities being committed by Gay Rebels of Congo.

We are now at elevated levels of "Houston We got A Problem" when it comes to your fellow roaches.

16 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Rogers210(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Gaylord, Africa has a lot of problems agreed and so we don't need fagg0ts adding to the sh1t we have to deal with.

Google The R@pe of Men and see the atrocities being committed by Gay Rebels of Congo.

We are now at elevated levels of "Houston We got A Problem" when it comes to your fellow roaches.
As if your tantrums can change anything. By the way, the fact that I am being sensible doesn't make me gay.

2 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by iamswizz(m): 9:20am On Nov 08, 2013
This is for Simon Andal

1 Like

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Jayses(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2013
J
Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Otunbab: 9:21am On Nov 08, 2013
Being gay doesn't go well in Africa , it's a better thing for them to go practice the rubbish abroad.
Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by devour129: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2013
usmsam:

thank God ! trust boyz to take advantage, so please before you issue visas to them,poke their arse-hole

3 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2013
Gays in the house, i need your help pls. How do I Look/act Gay. Send me a mail if u can help. I don't mind going for a plastic surgery to widen my anus.
Tenk angry

7 Likes

Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by shiftmarket(m): 9:24am On Nov 08, 2013
EU don use their hands open office for some people.
Re: Gay Africans Are Entitled To Asylum In The EU by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2013
Yes, chase away the gays else we will kill them.

They are responsible for the lack of development in Africa not those round-bellied heterosexual politicians.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Joe Biden Updates Twitter Bio To ‘President-Elect’ After Election Victory / BREAKING: Britain’s US Ambassador Resigns after Trump spat / President Trump Releases Video Statement From Hospital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.