Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,690 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election (15683 Views)

PDP's Caleb Muftwang Wins Plateau Governorship Election (2023) / Obi Wins Plateau State / Plateau South Senator Prof Nora Daduut Greets Senator Remi Tinubu At 62 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Nemere2020: 11:27am On Dec 06, 2020
Professor Nora Daduut of All Progressive Congress has won the Plateau South Senatorial by-election held on Saturday in the 6 local government areas of Plateau South Senatorial district.

Mrs Daduut polled 83,151 votes to beat his closest challenger George Daika of the Peoples Democratic party who scored 70,838 votes to come second in the Plateau South Senatorial by-election.

While Professor Nora Daduut won in 4 out the 6 LGA’S, Daika won in 2 LGA’S of the Senatorial district.

The winning margin between the duo, is 12,313 votes.

The Minister for Women Affairs and Social Development, Dame Pauline Tallen has expressed joy and optimism for the emergence of the first female senator from Plateau State under the auspices of the APC, which is coming at a time when she’s the Minister of Women Affairs.

According to her, it’s high time women are given more opportunities in the political space to change the course of things and serve the masses differently.

Tallen who is an advocate for the 30 percent affirmative action which seeks inclusion of women in leadership positions at all levels commended Governor Simon Bako Lalong, the APC family on the Plateau and the entire good people of Plateau South Senatorial District for supporting a woman to emerge as the APC Senatorial Candidate and during the bye-elections.

The Minister who spot to newsmen in her Shendam residence, earlier shortly after casting her vote during the the December 5th, Plateau South Senatorial District Bye-elections on Saturday.

She called on the electorates to exhibit high sense of maturity before, during and after elections as they adhere to electoral laws and also admonished politicians to imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship as there must be a winner and a loser in any contest.

She also promised to bestow a ‘He for She Award’ on Governor Simon Bako Lalong for supporting the course of women and being gender sensitive even as she disclosed that plans have been concluded by the Plateau State Government to give more political appointments to women.

Speaking on the level of insecurity in the country, Tallen decried the ugly situation and insists that traditional rulers and indeed all Nigerians must be more proactive to tackle the menace.

https://www.independent.ng/nora-daduut-of-apc-wins-plateau-south-senatorial-by-election-after-polling-83151-votes/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Yenefer(f): 11:47am On Dec 06, 2020
Rigged

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by BrickDevo: 11:47am On Dec 06, 2020
Anything APC means Destruction.... Stay clear

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by AFULA(m): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2020
okay
Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Jazzafizzy(f): 11:48am On Dec 06, 2020
Good
Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by lekki1444: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2020
the whole country is now APC

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by justmenoni: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2020
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2020
Our mumu still dey vote APC and PDP

Kill me if you see me on any protest ground again..

We never suffer well

17 Likes

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by contigiency(m): 11:49am On Dec 06, 2020
The outcome of this yesterday election is a clear eye opener to those who think that Nigerians are ready to jettison PDP and APC.

19 Likes

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by STRI1: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Dwaynestefan: 11:49am On Dec 06, 2020
Wahala...
Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by techmo(m): 11:49am On Dec 06, 2020
cool

APC teaching PDP real politics

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by agabusta: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2020
It's good to know the position is taken by a woman.

Good of APC to give a woman their ticket.

We need more women in position of authority.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Davvymavvy(f): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2020
For this winning streak to continue beyond 2023, APC should hand over their presidential ticket to Tinubu

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2020
Llamadi Cownu, see your life? PDP is dead everywhere now!!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Cyberterror: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2020
It is good to see APC still pulling her weight across the country while the nairaland PDP idiots cry about.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by MuttleyLaff: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2020
Professor Nora Daduut of All Progressive Congress has won the Plateau South Senatorial by-election held on Saturday in the 6 local government areas of Plateau South Senatorial district.

Mrs Daduut polled 83,151 votes to beat his closest challenger George Daika of the Peoples Democratic party who scored 70,838 votes to come second in the Plateau South Senatorial by-election ...

Too much typo in OP, you would have thought journalist(s) will know the difference in using his and her for a female. Smh sigh. KMFT.

1 Like

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Creeza(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2020
We are not ready yet!
Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by ThatFairGuy1: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2020
Another massacre In plateau South cheesy

awhybliss:

We never suffer well
we'll not kill you grin
Creeza:
We are not ready yet!

Because APC won? grin
What should we have done please

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by nomenclature(m): 11:51am On Dec 06, 2020
You never protested ,shut the fuckup ..bring prove of your photo on protest ground mumu
awhybliss:

We never suffer well

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by SirWarlock: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2020
awhybliss:

We never suffer well
so the protest was political undecided

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by fergie001: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2020
awhybliss:

We never suffer well
grin grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Jackson105: 11:52am On Dec 06, 2020
Yenefer:
Rigged

U need to get sense, u have been shouting rigged all around, but if it is PDP that won, it is free and fair abi?

Get sense and stop disgracing yourself.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Oluwatunmishe10: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2020
awhybliss:

We never suffer well
grin grin grin painment

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Kyase(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
SirWarlock:
so the protest was political undecided
Na now you know?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by id4sho(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
Lalong, u ain't getting dat seat

2 Likes

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by PrimeConcept2(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
U
Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by Sinudyne: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
D
Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by ednut1(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
Youths only have mouth online

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nora Daduut Of APC Wins Plateau South Senatorial By-Election by SirWarlock: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
Kyase:

Na now you know?
I wanted to hear it from him sad

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo Election: Women Groups Protest In Ondo East LGA (photos) / FG Revenue Generating Agencies Loot 90% Cash / Minimum Wage: NLC Optimistic Of Payment Before End Of 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.