Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P (30665 Views)

Bonfrere, Amuneke, Yobo Combo Best For Eagles’ Next Level –akwuegbu / Benedict Ugwu Sacked As Manager During Nigeria Premier League Match / I Don’t Want My Son To Play For Austria – Akwuegbu Tells NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by GOVERNMENT2: 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
justified007:

I hope she will present properties to be shared too? Why should they share only his properties ?
YOU ARE A GREAT LOGICIAN cool
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by streetsoldier1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
JovialJune:

Why do men feel threatened when it comes to sharing properties? I mean, there was love between them before, the fact that they want to divorce doesn't mean they should hate each other, she was once part of his life, so it is fair for him to give her part of his properties, that doesnt mean she's a control freak or whatever.

No qualms if they both work together to build the properties, but in a case where the man hustled alone plus fend for the lady and her long throat is on his properties , that's slavery nah. Anyways men should open their brain in marriage

2 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by luminouz(m): 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2020
JovialJune:

Do you have to be condescending just for me to.notice you?

Swerve pls.
Oh stop tickling me babe.... undecided undecided.

Will you geddifok? undecided.............
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by sucess001(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2020
This story is similar to that of psquare. If ten of your sibblings say your wife is bad....bro...leave the girl.

When in love, there are some things other people see that you won't see

How could she leave her husband's house with the kids if she is married to him

5 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by mkoabiola: 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2020
She want divorce so d property can b shared.

D guy was warned to marry d wife but he refused.

Now he Don carry his cross.

What a long story by learnt one or 2 lessons
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Joygift3666: 1:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
At least for his children, so that they do not grow up to hate him.

crackhaus:

Na dem... cheesy

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by HonLord: 1:24pm On Dec 07, 2020
okey95644:
:Nah truly them, hungry gold digging assholes Lol... She seems like a control freak as well – it's her way or the highway...

Anything IFEOMA, is always a problem to an extent, fear them no matter how gentle in the first instance. Many Ifeoma rolling in & out, but only 2 out of 20 is good. 2 - 20 = 0

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Mariangeles(f): 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Good morning to u too audio online keyboard warrior with no life. cheesy

How's your lazy, gossiping, empty skull, weakling, stalking, trolling, rumour mongering, inferiority complex, no self-esteem having self doing today? smiley
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by AngelicBeing: 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2020
crackhaus:

Na dem... cheesy

Hian, Lol, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, your gif cracked me up grin

3 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by PreyingMantis(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Sorry. am not in Nigeria at the moment
They don't wire money from outside the country anymore
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by VULCAN(m): 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2020
I am always wary of bold faced lies.

The bolded is an outrageous lie and I will prove it.

Give us 5 examples dating back just 18months.

Considering there are many examples according to you, that should not be difficult!!

JovialJune:

If she has any, of course she will, there are so many examples of women giving their husbands part of what they own, here in naija, the wives will rather use both their names on her property, just to cover his shortcomings.

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Gamesmart: 1:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
Her reaction: “I’m still bearing the name of my husband; I am known as Mrs. Ifeoma Akwuegbu so how can I have filed as a single parent? He has been telling people that I’m with other men, which is not true. It is because he has another woman and is looking for a way to discredit me. I am a qualified nurse and I work and earn money to take care of our children. Is it the 50 or 100 Dollar that he sends that will take care of us? Every month I pick bills of over 3000 Pounds.”

I don't know about the truth in what he is saying but I am sure from this quote that she is a liar.

If she is indeed a nurse in the UK, there is no way she can earn enough after 8 years experience to afford a "over £3,000" monthly expense. She cannot even have up to 8 years experience since she claimed to have been in the UK for 8 years; so she will take at least 3 years out of it to qualify.

So that is a pure lie right there!!! UK nurses are not paid that much to have such disposable income. Except she is a nurse that is also an olosho during her spare time, with men funding her life.

Responding, Ifeoma said: “All I want him to do is to divorce me officially. He has to do it legitimately before marrying another woman. It is because of her he abandoned his wife and children, so I don’t have any problem with that. I am ready to give him a divorce and then we can share the property. That is all I want. I don’t know what he is saying about bride price, his parents did not meet with my people. My parents said some people they don’t know came to the house claiming they are from Ben. They are not his parents. Is that how to go about divorcing your wife?”

This biatch is just trying to get him to come to the UK to divorce her because she knows the sexist UK courts will award her 50% of his hard work and sweat. Something an Austrian or Nigerian court will never do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Hollusilva28(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
JovialJune:

Why do men feel threatened when it comes to sharing properties? I mean, there was love between them before, the fact that they want to divorce doesn't mean they should hate each other, she was once part of his life, so it is fair for him to give her part of his properties, that doesnt mean she's a control freak or whatever.
I don't like abusing people but I want to shine light on that, I will be waiting for your reply.

nowadays many ladies want to eat, where they do not sow. my question- let assume your dad is dead, God forbid. Can you accept another woman enter the house and tell u she has a child for your dad on the day your dad's lawyer want to read the will. it would be a hard pill to swallow.

Let wives learn how not to depend on their husband for living by doing small business. if ur husband is rich or not, try as much as possible to start small business, so that in case these occurred, you wouldn't be bother about sharing of properties cos you're already independent.

please am waiting for your reply
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by PHijo(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2020
Do we still have editors in this country?
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by drealnamdy(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2020
Having a baby mama is far better than a bad marraige honestly... that's why I love the whites..u don't jump into marraige immediately just cos u feel it's the yardstick to having peace...
I feel for this man honestly.... Stubborn women that are never be submissive and supportive to their husbands are the worst breed of females on this planet... honestly...tufiakwa...Ajo nwanya..

2 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by KosiGee(m): 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2020
excel101:
Why would she be insistent on going to London when her husband wasn't ready to as originally agreed like she claimed to, and why did she left her husband to leave with the children in London together, who told her the kid can't get a better education in Austria. Suddenly, she has now become wiser and knew the law better. That is the issue most times when you marry hungry girls and take them abroad.

Ben was her passport to Europe and when she got there, she had other plans. Uk was her destination. Apparently she struggled with life in Austria...language, culture, job and friends. I don’t think she gave a damn about the marriage and Akwuegbu and with law favouring her as a woman, wife and mother, she took the decision to move to England which she loved citing education for the kids as excuse. That was nonsense. Austria would’ve been cheaper for them and the children would still be educated in a very good English language teaching and speaking school.

She took advantage of the law to ‘pepper’ Akwuegbu.
If her marriage was her priority, she would’ve stayed in Austria with Ben and they would e still be successful as a couple and relocation later.

...why would she be depending on Ben to be paying her bills in England? Could she not work? What’s she doing with her money?

I pity Akwuegbu but he acted foolishly, he should’ve settled with her before trying to wed another woman. She might make his journey very frustrating. Someone should’ve advised him properly.
The lady is after a huge settlement/alimony etc

4 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by RomanGreen: 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2020
demmie1:
Never ever do court or church wedding, there's traditional option. . .from experience.

Why?....please explain.... I want to learn coz I actually have plans of doing court marriage after traditional

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by drealnamdy(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2020
KosiGee:

Ben was her passport to Europe and when she got there, she had other plans. Uk was her destination. Apparently she struggled with life in Austria...language, culture, job and friends. I don’t think she gave a damn about the marriage and Akwuegbu and with law favouring her as a woman, wife and mother, she took the decision to move to England which she loved citing education for the kids as excuse. That was nonsense. Austria would’ve been cheaper for them and the children would still be educated in a very good English language teaching and speaking school.

She took advantage of the law to ‘pepper’ Akwuegbu.
If her marriage was her priority, she would’ve stayed in Austria with Ben and they would e still be successful as a couple and relocation later.

Ben wld just left her sorry ass in Nigeria and perhaps frequently visited them rather than bring them to Austria ... eziokwu... dirty opportunist...Ben shld move ahead with his life jare

1 Like

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2020
Chii59:

This patriachial mindset is the reason behind widows being thrown out of their late husband properties and children being immersed into poverty no thanks to their uncles greed.
Wicked mindset!

D woman is using style to share d man property when he is still alive d man as to fight for is right ....she came to d marriage with nothing she is not even fighting for her son but her self...
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by KosiGee(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2020
drealnamdy:

Ben wld just left her sorry ass in Nigeria and perhaps frequently visited them rather than bring them to Austria ... eziokwu... dirty opportunist...Ben shld move ahead with his life jare

It’s not as easy as that. It’s a game he should’ve played smartly. I know lots of people like him at the moment.
The law favours women a lot. She has the children, she could restrict access to them and she could turn their minds against him.
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by swedbase(m): 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2020
Gamesmart:

I don't know about the truth in what he is saying but I am sure from this quote that she is a liar.

If she is indeed a nurse in the UK, there is no way she can earn enough after 8 years experience to afford a "over £3,000" monthly expense. She cannot even have up to 8 years experience since she claimed to have been in the UK for 8 years; so she will take at least another 3 years to qualify.

So that is a pure lie right there!!! They are not paid that much to have such disposable income. Except she is a nurse that is also an olosho during her spare time with men funding her life.

This biatch is just trying to get him to come to the UK to divorce her because she knows the sexist UK courts will award her 50% of his hard work and sweat. Something an Austrian or Nigerian court will never do.

Very correct and Ben is aware of that hence he want to do it Nigerian way. They weren't married in UK and are not registered partners either why do you want us to divorce in UK? grin Imagine she relocated with their children without his agreement. Things like this makes me support guys that leaves their wives in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Lodikero: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
Why do men feel threatened when it comes to sharing properties? I mean, there was love between them before, the fact that they want to divorce doesn't mean they should hate each other, she was once part of his life, so it is fair for him to give her part of his properties, that doesnt mean she's a control freak or whatever.[/quote]
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Vinesee: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2020
Honestly I pity this guy Ben. I said this because he married a stranger, an opportunist, a wolf in sheep's clothing thinking he was in love. Ben has good intentional for her, more reason y he didn't waste time to relocate her to Europe to start a family but she's other fiendish plans. A good supportive wife will always love, encourage and be a pillow of strength to her husband especially when there's life's turn around. Who said Austra is not good for there kids Education? She must have been badly advised by her morone of sinister friends. She was gone for that long and still doesn't have any atom of remorse rather vibrating nonsense. Ben my brother, please whatever makes u happy, do it and don't forget your kids

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by pat077: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2020
ABANGWABOI:
#ILMOVON cry cry
#Attitude
#Bliv

All I can see is a Manipulative Woman..
Even if i am based abroad.. if I ever decide to marry.. I must marry in Nigeria where Women cannot reap where they didn't sow.. not abroad where divorce is juicy for women..
William Uchemba get luck say em come marry for Lagos not in the US..
Trust no one.. not even a so called wife..
does it make any difference if u marry her in the US and if u marry her in Lagos and take her to the US?
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mariangeles:

I'm a gossiping, empty skull, weakling, stalking, trolling, rumour mongering, inferiority complex with no self-esteem. grin
I had to modify your comment because those words fit u most, you just described yourself dare! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2020
But, when his football was not making sense again, I told him, but, he was not forthcoming.

This literally means when he was not making enough money again ! Do we have to look any farther to know the root cause of this imbroglio ?

There is nothing like love,it's a big scam ! Only few sensible men know it. This is why I like Ned Nwoko; he understands the game !

5 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
WHEN HIS FOOTBALLING CAREER WAS NOT MAKING SENSE ANYMORE!!!!!!.chaii.....this statement alone has spoiled my day......Ifeoma you killed this man's career and still have your heart set on acquiring his properties...... properties u probably were no where to be found when he was struggling to lay the foundation for.......no respect for his family.....in over 18 years,you never spoke with your husband's family,you took his kids and left him while he was having problem with his career from where he acquired all the property you want to have a share of,......IFEOMA PLS FEAR GOD,....from the narrative from the two of you,you have already done enough harm and damage to Mr Akwuegbu's life......... please let him have peace of mind.

3 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Gamesmart: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2020
swedbase:
[/b]

Very correct and Ben is aware of that hence he want to do it Nigerian way. They weren't married in UK and are not registered partners either why do you want us to divorce in UK? grin Imagine she relocated with their children without his agreement. Things like this makes me support guys that leaves their wives in Africa.

That is why he is already claiming he was depending on siblings and friends to fend for him, he has sold his properties and he did not have a place to stay for five years and was living in my sister’s house. grin grin grin

So when any court wants to address the case in the UK "I am broke". grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Smyk13: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
It is not stated anywhere in the story that the marriage was done in any court of law whether in Nigeria, Austria or UK. The story explain that Ben family met Ify family and it is believed that Ify family accepted the marriage proposal from Ben's family and the two families performed the traditional marriage on behalf of their children, Ben & Ify, the said bride and groom in absentia. Since there was no court or church marriage between them, then I don't think they have any court or church marriage certificate and that is the case here, I don't think the wife has the right to claim any property of the husband unless if it was agreed in writing during the traditional marriage that took place here in Nigeria between the two parents.
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
Chii59:

This patriachial mindset is the reason behind widows being thrown out of their late husband properties and children being immersed into poverty no thanks to their uncles greed.
Wicked mindset!
No uncle will throw the wife or the kids of their late brother out of thier property in NIGERIA when the late brother has a will that clearly gives the money and property to the kids and the wife.

Incidence of uncles chasing wives out of their late husband's home only happens when there is no will.

No body prays for death but every wealthy man should have a will even if you as a man you get married at 21 years old and you are rich, you should have a will putting your son or daughter or children as the heir to everything.
Re: Benedict Akwuegbu & Wife, Ifeoma, Bicker Over Divorce, Second Marriage (P by Maobichek: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2020
JovialJune:

If she has any, of course she will, there are so many examples of women giving their husbands part of what they own, here in naija, the wives will rather use both their names on her property, just to cover his shortcomings.

I must tell you the truth : this is unheard cos Nigerian marriage, a man's income, money etc is our own but the woman's income, money is her own. Have you ever ask yourself the reason why once the woman is providing for the home as a result of the man's lost of job or business, everyone must know about it but if it's the man, it's normal?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chieme Martins Slumps, Dies On Pitch While Playing For Nasarawa United / Darren Young WWE Wrestler Is Gay / O’hara Blasts Simeone: You Should Be Ashamed Of Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.