Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,558 members, 7,770,440 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:43 AM

Can We Pray Together? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Pray Together? (36885 Views)

Do You Pray Together As Boyfriend And Girlfriend?honest Answers Needed / Can We Pray Together? / Men And Women Don't Pray Together In The Mosque. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 14, 2007
[center]Can we pray together??[/center]

I have the leading to share this with you and I'll like to hear from every interested Nairalander. I had always nurse this idea of Nairaland users having a Praying Team and this is how it'd go,

* someone send in a prayer point, irrespective of who
* volunteered Intercessors in the house take time out to pray for the concerned person.

But how? fine,  this is how.
We choose a date and time in that week and observe just 5-10minutes prayer for that person.i.e Everybody says a word of prayer uniformly. For security purposes we could create a yahoo account wherein we log in our prayer request and subsequently, I get them posted  on Nairaland without indicating the sender's name/info.

Or what do you think,  4 there's power in United prayers,

1 Like

Re: Can We Pray Together? by tete(f): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2007
Hey, this is a good one cheesy

I think its a brilliant idea. We communicate with God through prayers and the more people asking papa God for something on behalf of someone else, the faster God answers the prayers according to his will provided we allow him too.

This is definitely a good one. I know i'm in.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2007
Thank you Tete, God Bless You!!!

And for the interest of others as well, Pls feel free to send in your request, so that we can start up with the Prayer Network. For where two or more are gathered together to pray, the Bible assures that He'll be there in their midst. I think someone out there needs more of God's touch and intervention as much as I do.

[center]So, Jesus answered and said unto them, "Have faith in God."

"For assuredly, i say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' [b]and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says

Therefore, i say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them"[/b][/center]

Once again, feel free to send in your request to: prayerteam_nl@yahoo.com
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2007
If you wouldn't mind,

Kindly just say some words of prayer for a friend writing exams(Medical Sciences), that God will favour her and grant unto her good success.

Pls, your prayer could go a long way,

Tanx.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2007
I believe God for you too, that this month of July, shall be a month of
J[/b]ubilee, Joy
Uncommon Breakthrough
[b]L[/b]ove & Lifting Up
[b]Y[/b]earning 4 more of God.

Don't give up, Never complain nor grumble about your present situation, Just give thanks to God. because your trying moment will soon be over and you shall share testimonies. I believe so much that with God ALL things are possible.

what gives me this courage can be found in [b]1st John 5:14

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us"
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2007
Check out this story i got from a friend.

Find attachment.

Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2007
Yahoo Messenger is mot needed. Just leave your prayer points here. As people check up. They say a word of prayer for you
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 04, 2007
@Uchetobi
you're right but i felt some people might feel shy or uncomfortable to say it out here.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2007
ok
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2007
Just got this prayer point from a friend:

"Dearly beloved, I recieved this sorry note. I had no choice but pray fervently. Please pray for our God to move on behalf of this unfortunate corper. He is a prayer answering God. Nothing is impossible with Him. Amen and Amen. 22 year old Chinelo Nwafor had an accident last week at Suleja, Abuja, that affected her spinal cord and she is now unable to move. She was on her way to report for her NYSC. Her parents are workers in the vineyard. The doctors at National Hospital say nothing can be done and she must be flown to Isreal or Germany . Pls pray for a miracle of healing and dont let the chain end with you. forward to as many as would join faith with us"
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2007
it is well
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 5:52pm On Jul 04, 2007
It is definately well wit her. I am wit u guys on this and pray we have more people join us.

YES! Let that be a prayer point too for those of us already into this: THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT SHOULD LEAD MANY TO THIS THREAD-JUST AS HE LED ME- AND JOIN IN THE PRAYER OF INTERCESSION.
I am so excited about this. Thank God for Olowo tee.

NOTE TO ALL THAT WILL POST PRAYERS:
Dont forget to share the testimony with us after u have gotten the victory. Love ya kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 11:53am On Jul 05, 2007
Have been praying for Chinelo Nwafor and do bliv it is well with her.

I would like us to plead her case b4 God Almighty. Isaiah 43:25-26 says: "I, even I, am He that blotted out the transgressions for mine own sake, and will not rememeber thy sins. Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified"

For our prayers for Chinelo or anyone else to be justified, we have to apply the above verses. Remind God of His word (about healing,protection, deliverance, provision etc). He respects His word more than His name and when we remind Him of them (PUTTING HIM IN REMEMBRANCE) He acts accordingly.

We should also plead her case with God: She is young (just 22yrs), her parents are serving in the vineyard (what will satan and others say to them?) and the possibility of more souls being won into heaven when she fully recovers.

When we do this with faith, groaning in the spirit and love; I beliv we will get the victory.

Will check u guys later,let me get back to work. Love ya kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by tasiana(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2007
I bless God for a thread like this,it gladens my heart to knw that amidst some of the crazy stuff i read in this forum there re still concerned and Godly brethren whom will take time to intercede on ones behalf.
May God bless all of u and may He hear our prayers in Jesus name.

my prayer request is for Gods Guardiance and protection upon my life and his wisdom to deal with the politics and a lot of bad blood presently going on in my office.I ve Faith because nothing is too big for Our God to do.

Shalom brethren smiley
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 06, 2007
Thank you all for the words of encouragement, I believe we are making progress in this.

@Obanikoro,
thanx for the suggested way of presenting Chinelo's case before God, I had to print out your directive and pray suit. God bless you abundantly.

@Uchetobi
Tanx for the commitment as well. Stay blessed.

@Tete
Where art thou? I hope you're praying along with us.

@Tasiana
You are most welcome,
The Bible says that one will chase a thousand, two will chase ten thousand, imagine what would happen when more than two join hands together to pray. It is well. Keep on trusting God, We are praying along with you.

@ALL
Could we unitedly pray for Chinelo and Tasiana tomorrow - Saturday by 12.00 noon. (Local time). 12:00-12:10pm. (10minutes)
I believe in Prayer, Because it moves the hand of God.

God bless you, you are loved.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2007
Wassup people? Pls go ahead and post your prayer request
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2007
hi dear brothers and sisters. I hope we have been praying as we should. I thank God for u.

I lost someone very close to me last week and I have been so down ever since. I however thank God and will neva ask Him why it happened this way. I believe He knows and also blivs the lady is now resting in peace.

I would want u guys to pray for the lady's family, the AKPOKONAS - her husband, children and relatives. Her 1st child is about 19-20yrs and now has the responsibility of being the mother and wife of the house.

Pray for strength and courage. Pray for divine peace and calm. Pray that the vacuum created by her exit be filled with the ever refreshing love of Christ and power of the Holy Spirit.

She was sick of cancer of the blood for some yrs. Dont forget Chinelo and tasiana in ur prayers and pls, DO POST UR PRAYERS! I am willing to pray despite what I am going thru. Love ya kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by uchetobi(f): 11:12am On Jul 09, 2007
Heya. I pray the lord will give you the fortitude to bear your grief. It is well
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2007
thanks Uchetobi. I didnt want to post anytin for now but wen I saw ur post encouraging others to post prayer requests, I WAS ENCOURAGED TO. Thanks once again.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 09, 2007
I pray the Good Lord grant unto you & the concerned family the fortitude to bear the loss.

It is well.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 2:47pm On Jul 09, 2007
tanks OlowoTee. It is well
Re: Can We Pray Together? by tete(f): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2007
@olowotee

i'v not been to the net for a while now. I'll definitely add all the prayer requests to my prayer list.

A friend of mine just lost her husband. He was to undergo surgery. Anesthesia was administered to him and he never woke up. He was young and they have a child (about 2yrs old). I is really difficult for her to bear, infact she has refused to cry because she is in denial

Please pray for her that God will help her get through it all. Thanks all
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2007
@tete

dont worry God will see her thru. I lost someone too but I'm sure it cant be compared wit someone who lost her better half. sad

I will definately pray for her and the child.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by pilgrim1(f): 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2007
May God bless you guys for caring enough to pray for others.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by tasiana(m): 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2007
My heart goes out to Obanikoro and Tete and also the families of the bereaved.May God Grant the departed Souls eternal rest.My Prayers are with u all.
God be blessed.
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 7:35am On Jul 12, 2007
@pilgrim.1

Amen and THANKS FOR THE CARE

@tasiana

thank u for ur concern. how is the situation in ur office now? Continue praying and never lose faith. Even if tins look bad or even worse,only ur steadfast faith in God and His Word can turn tins around. I encourage u to speak to the situation u in office using scriptures and I tell u, all tins will bow.

One tin that satan and his agents respect so much is God's Word. Why? Becos they cant help the fact that it is TRUE; WHAT SHOULD BE and most of all, coming from the Most Powerful. It is well with u. much love  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by mijd(m): 9:00am On Jul 12, 2007
Am encouraged by this development- may God bless u all and bless the soul that prays 4 others.

I do believe that soonest d testimonies will be pouring in, in Jesus name! Only be sure that our lives are right with God else our prayers turn to be an abomination b4 Him!

4 all of us that has sent in pryr requests, my prayer for you is that God should grant you the desires of your heart, just believe the saintly prayers in this tread and have faith in God.

Please let us also pray 4 the peace of this country and more particularly the more restive areas, that God will intervene in bringing lasting peace to these places. similarly, lets pray that God should grant the govt. the wisdom to pilot the affairs of this nation that would lead to progress, development, economic growth and stability etc etc. Remember: if my people who are called by my Name shall humble themselves, I will heal there land,
I believe that with God nothing shall be impossible!
Re: Can We Pray Together? by tete(f): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2007
@tasiana
Thanks a lot. You're in my prayers too. Do not fret, everything will work out fine.

@Obanikoro2
Thanks so much, you and the family who lost their mother are also in my prayers. It is well
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2007
I just came across this and tot we should know about it: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-64259.0.html

We sure do have alot to pray for.Believe me I was once there and our bros and sis need prayers. It is well wit us. We must not fail to spread the good news in adversity and persecutions. That is wen the reward gets better. grin

I believe we are together
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2007
@Obanikoro,
I feel you, but, really it's a sheer waste of time giving one's precious attention to such debate. It's a threat that can't work! Such oppositions are part of the cross we are to bear as Christians. Remember,Jesus told His disciples that In this World, we shall have tributions/oppositions, but be of good cheer, for I(Jesus) have OVERCOME THE WORLD. Need to say more

The Sultan is NOT GOD, He is man. A finite BEING. Hence, he cannot stop the flow of God's work. Many oppositors have come and gone. So, let's be of good cheer, play our parts(by doing the will of God continually) and God will fight His battle. For the battle belongs to the Lord.

I pray God'd help us to play our part in Preaching to those who are around us.

Tanx
Re: Can We Pray Together? by obanikoro2(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12, 2007
@OlowoTee
Long time no hear from.

I totally agree with u, that is why I said: "We must not fail to spread the good news in adversity and persecutions. That is when the reward gets better."  We owe them prayers and CASH too (through donations to missions). It is well, EVEN IN THE WELL.  grin

Much love  kiss
Re: Can We Pray Together? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2007
yes o,

That's true, i've been busy over an in-house training in the office. Thank God it got finished some few hours ago. grin
How're u doing and how're the Akpokonas- I'm sure the Lord is reigning Peace and courage in their lives. It's well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie's 55 Cakes In One 55th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.