Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,368 members, 7,850,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 (21183 Views)

Local Refining Will Reduce Petrol Price By N70/ltr – Marketers / FG Agrees To Pay $496m Settlement Claims On Ajaokuta Steel / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Starboytwo(m): 5:55am On Dec 08, 2020
Abi
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Ofunaofu: 5:58am On Dec 08, 2020
popweezy:
If I fit manage see 2 million, tomorrow evening no go meet me 4 naija
popweezy, which European country 2 million fit carry person go

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by BigBizzy(m): 5:58am On Dec 08, 2020
This is another ploy to increase the price of fuel.

Just think back on this administration increase the price of fuel ....reduce the price for some days then boom ita increase permanently.

don't fall for their ploy
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by tinktanker: 6:00am On Dec 08, 2020
We dey find change them give us N5. Lol
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:08am On Dec 08, 2020
Nigeria is really fvcked up!
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by mrkings84(m): 6:10am On Dec 08, 2020
Mokason288:
If you read closely you will observe 3things

1... Buhari has succeeded in destabilizing NIGERIAN LABOR CONGRESS (NLC) . The meeting was between FG and ORGANIZED LABOR (OL) grin

2...5 Naira was slashed, means FG is subsidizing PMS again... When Buhari told us he doesn’t know what is subsidy

3... ELECTRICITY tariff wasn’t slashed ... meaning Buhari doesn’t give a damn if you have light or not grin

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Modified: for those foooooools quoting me

The determination of electricity tariffs in Nigeria is carried out by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (“NERC”) ...this doesn’t mean that the Federal Government (“FG”) can’t move in to fund the revenue gap or tariff shortfall, calculated as the difference between the cost-reflective tariffs and the actual end-user tariffs payable by customers.
from the public hearings and consultations, the end user customers are not getting a tangible improvement in quality and quantity of electricity supply ...we never agreed to pay increased tariffs.

How fine and okay you guys find I it easy to call people you don't know fools in public domain.. even if they spew rubbish while quoting you... I don't think that make you any better
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 08, 2020
harry41:
I agree with your logic. However, I do not think this is novel or no other government has thought about this. The sincerity of the present government is in doubt.

Secondly, you cannot blame the common man opposed to the increased price because of its domino effect on other areas in the country. Other countries can afford to sell fuel at an exorbitant price because they are not really dependent on it and only use it for their cars. If electricity is stable, water is stable, Nigerians won’t really care if fuel sells at 500 naira. In developed countries, those people with cars are taxed more and people are encouraged to use public trains or buses.

Until we see some sincerity and accountability, I won’t blame any Nigerian for now.

Well, Nigeriens pay N374 for fuel, Benenois pay N316 and they are at our level....plus the profit that Niger earns from fuel has provided them with the profits needed to run their refienry well.

You may not like the high prices that subsidy removal brings...but if we keep on paying more subsides, we will end up with more loans, no incentive to refine fuel at home, and lose more forex...and there would be sharp practices like round tripping,smuggling and so on

All at the expense of the poor.

Plus, Nigerians are too lazy to hold our leaders to account for anything. We have to start doing it now.
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by kutashi: 6:14am On Dec 08, 2020
dannyspeejay:
Buhari will never make it in life angry

After his presidential term or when? Werey!

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 08, 2020
N5 is SLASH

Kai they have finally humbled Nigerians
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Mokason288(m): 6:15am On Dec 08, 2020
mrkings84:

How fine and okay you guys find I it easy to call people you don't know fools in public domain.. even if they spew rubbish while quoting you... I don't think that make you any better

You are a fooooooool too go and check the comments https://www.nairaland.com/morgstreme made on my mentions before you come to spew your rubbish too
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by selfdefence: 6:22am On Dec 08, 2020
what is #5 please? lipsrsealed
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by orisa37: 6:22am On Dec 08, 2020
Slash ELECTRICITY TARIFF DON'T SLASH FUEL PRICE..
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by mrkings84(m): 6:30am On Dec 08, 2020
Mokason288:

You are a fooooooool too go and check the comments https://www.nairaland.com/morgstreme made on my mentions before you come to spew your rubbish too

Last last you will be fine by God's grace. I am praying for you!
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Royalfurnitures: 6:31am On Dec 08, 2020
Hahahahaha, this present govt is making Nigeria a laughing stock in the eyes of the world

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by HRMK: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2020
but govt said it wasnt under her control!
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by slimmoney(m): 6:35am On Dec 08, 2020
I tire 4 the guy o
benjanjo1:

please what do you mean by "never make it in life "?

You are talking about a retired military general, former head of PTF, former military head of state, a two term democratically elected president, amongst other achievements. biko wetin remain again? He has more than made it in life!
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Keemsleek005(m): 6:37am On Dec 08, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

nlc=organised labour I guess....

That's because Nigerian governments and the Nigerian people like subsides. The right thing for Buhari to have done would have been to abolish subsidy from the word go. The market would have done its thing eventually, and prices would have gone down by now.

But because that means prices as high as 300 naira per liter, and since he and his gang promised N40 fuel....

Subsides are always tough to remove. No Nigerian government has removed subsides. All they do is increase the price of fuel to the level where they can safely pay a subsidy.

The economy is going to suffer. Because Nigerians like subsides.

And the whole price control thing is why we don't have functional refineries. No incentive to refine at home. (Unless your name is Dangote and now the BUA guy)

1.Power for the most part is in private hands.

2.Until recently, Nigeria was producing power at N53 per kwh and selling at N30 per kwh or less. Which meant that DISCOS and GENCOS weren't making enough cash to fund improvements. That's why six years after privatization there has been no improvement in power.

3.You opposed subsidy in your second point. Yet, you want government to continue paying power companies a subsidy, which is what is was doing from 2014 till recently. And it was incurring a lot of debt in the process.Loans were even been taken.

4.The road to better power supply begins with power companies being allowed to run at a profit. Running companies at a loss, while politically popular, is a recipe for more poor electric power supply.

After all, the reason why I can type this missive from my home is because Obasanjo allowed GSM companies to run at a profit...even when people were calling for price controls back then. The GSM companies made ginormous profits...which were invested back in infrastructure...and our internet.

Somewhat. You rightly criticized Buhari for increasing subsides on fuel...(after he Buhari hypocritically criticized subsidies too in the past...) and then at the same time you want government to make DISCOS sell power below how much it costs to produce, and pay them a suybsidy to cover the loss..which won't do so, and which would cause more problems.

Like most Nigerians, you don't like subsides, yet you want the government to pay a subsidy, and force companies to run at a loss.

God bless you bro. Detailed analysis. But nigeria factors wont let it work like politics, amd capitalist like taking advantage of every given opportunities and most of all nigerians believe everything must be free to d minimum level.

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Mubby4luv(m): 6:38am On Dec 08, 2020
dannyspeejay:
Hahahha, someone that is already a president. I laugh
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 08, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

nlc=organised labour I guess....

That's because Nigerian governments and the Nigerian people like subsides. The right thing for Buhari to have done would have been to abolish subsidy from the word go. The market would have done its thing eventually, and prices would have gone down by now.

But because that means prices as high as 300 naira per liter, and since he and his gang promised N40 fuel....

Subsides are always tough to remove. No Nigerian government has removed subsides. All they do is increase the price of fuel to the level where they can safely pay a subsidy.

The economy is going to suffer. Because Nigerians like subsides.

And the whole price control thing is why we don't have functional refineries. No incentive to refine at home. (Unless your name is Dangote and now the BUA guy)

1.Power for the most part is in private hands.

2.Until recently, Nigeria was producing power at N53 per kwh and selling at N30 per kwh or less. Which meant that DISCOS and GENCOS weren't making enough cash to fund improvements. That's why six years after privatization there has been no improvement in power.

3.You opposed subsidy in your second point. Yet, you want government to continue paying power companies a subsidy, which is what is was doing from 2014 till recently. And it was incurring a lot of debt in the process.Loans were even been taken.

4.The road to better power supply begins with power companies being allowed to run at a profit. Running companies at a loss, while politically popular, is a recipe for more poor electric power supply.

After all, the reason why I can type this missive from my home is because Obasanjo allowed GSM companies to run at a profit...even when people were calling for price controls back then. The GSM companies made ginormous profits...which were invested back in infrastructure...and our internet.

Somewhat. You rightly criticized Buhari for increasing subsides on fuel...(after he Buhari hypocritically criticized subsidies too in the past...) and then at the same time you want government to make DISCOS sell power below how much it costs to produce, and pay them a suybsidy to cover the loss..which won't do so, and which would cause more problems.

Like most Nigerians, you don't like subsides, yet you want the government to pay a subsidy, and force companies to run at a loss.
you have my support in the area of dwindling revenues under the Buhari govt, but on the rest I totally disagree with you.

No govt world over runs successfully on capitalism and its approaches without recourse to welfarism here and there.

A govt that has failed for years to fix electricity, blaming paucity of funds, yet brandishes brand new cars for politicians is not a serious govt. What deprives any serious govt from borrowing massively and investing in critical infrastructures (power, refinery, rail, education etc)? In Nigeria we borrow daily but nothing to show for it.

The problem with electricity in Nigeria is not the reduced revenue, but the sale of public properties to comprado bourgeoisies who stole from the state to buy state properties without zero knowledge or technical knowhow of improvement. They existed by corruption, bought public properties through shady deals and still needs to grow them through shady deal. A knowledgeable investor knows that for every undertaking, thorough feasibility study and possible line of growth must be carried out. You don't make profits without adequate investment.
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by dederocs(m): 6:52am On Dec 08, 2020
too small.
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by freemi(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2020
popweezy:
lols

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Xpress24(m): 6:54am On Dec 08, 2020
popweezy:
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Agatsmoney: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2020
Terrorist buhari you will never know peace

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:55am On Dec 08, 2020
No Offense Meant, i'm Just Curious. What Can N5 buy In Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Skmoda360(m): 7:00am On Dec 08, 2020
Ko ni da fun yin....eyin ole wonyi shocked

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:07am On Dec 08, 2020
Omoh.....

I wish I can divert my cursing streak towards all Buhari zombies, but I don't want Buhari to go Scot free....

una see una lives?

make una dey enjoy the 4+4 una voted for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by ibietela2(m): 7:14am On Dec 08, 2020
benjanjo1:

please what do you mean by "never make it in life "?

You are talking about a retired military general, former head of PTF, former military head of state, a two term democratically elected president, amongst other achievements. biko wetin remain again? He has more than made it in life!

What has he achieved with all these positions?
What impact has he brought to the nation or his state?

He is a COUPIST AND QUOTA SYSTEM GENERAL.

All those positions he got was a reward from his fellow coupist

1 Like

Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Meti99(m): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2020
LordOfTheWeed:
All our leaders won't die well, Aje!!!

N5!!! Ah!!!! Me and God get issues to settle ontop this country wey him create me put

Leave God out of this matter
You have choice whether to remain in this country or you support it's disintegration
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by Oizee(f): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2020
dannyspeejay:
hahahah wetin remain? This ur anger no con make u say d right thing o.
Re: FG Agrees To Slash Fuel Price By ₦5 by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2020
Please someone should remind me what "Slash" means a again? I'm confused right now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Disperse Buhari-must-go Protesters In Abuja / 3 Bomb Factories Discovered In Kano, Bomb Maker Arrested / Deadly Militants Will Emerge To Replace Tompolo – Youth Leader Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.