Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,699 members, 7,851,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:16 PM

Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" (22068 Views)

Food Crisis: Reopen Land Borders, Kano Governor, Abba Kabir-Yusuf Urges Tinubu / Osinbajo: We Hope To Reopen Land Borders Soon / FG Bans Import, Export Of All Goods At Land Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by FUSS: 6:59am On Dec 09, 2020
OK, since you closed the borders, has weapon smuggling stopped? Has terrorist stopped their bombing?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by teelaw4life(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2020
Seun:

So we closed our land borders for a whole year just to send a "message" to our neighbours? What message? That we are a little bit crazy?

Haha...this is what happens when people vote illiterates into key public offices. They make illogical decisions. The man thought hemwas going to pummel the laws of economics into submission.

Even though he has realised the foolishness of that decision, I fear reopening the borders will not restore the economic normalcy he's hoping for.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2020
But the northern border is a wide mouth open pit of hell, were vampires roam freely without check

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by Godmademan(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2020
What I don't understand is how we manage to close the borders against goods and services but not against terrorists. Do our borders have auto-filter mechanisms?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by daleehat: 7:44am On Dec 09, 2020
Ottyn01:
FTC....

Useless man if you like don't open itundecided
wayward kid he is not the reason why your Palm wine tapping Father remained miserable.. Fool
Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by daleehat: 7:46am On Dec 09, 2020
Ottyn01:
As if they are not the ones sponsoring the so called Boko Haram...Werey in disguise!!!!
So Buhari sponsoring Bokoharam to kill his own people? your father just wasted that exercise of impregnating your mother he shouldn't have done that, he brought a complete numbskull to this world
Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by Bluntemperor: 7:46am On Dec 09, 2020
doggedfighter:
Usual stories

Beautiful lies,with sugar coated.The North never closed porous borders because both the small and mighty are benefitting in the smuggled goods.When last did you see the South appointed as D.G of Immigration or Customs etc.
Nigeria is full of nepotism,tribalism and religious affiliation,with leaders benefitting immensely but the country is seriously lagging behind and other countries are moving on and will not wait for us.
Truth is bitter and those in govt( both APC and PDP) knows it, the earlier we know and change, the better!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by Oshokalo: 9:20am On Dec 09, 2020
TheRareGem1:
President Muhammadu Buhari today attended the National Executive Meeting of the APC alongside with the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, NASS leaders and the state governors.

After the meeting, he tweeted:

"In my meeting with State Governors today I explained that the closure of Nigeria’s land borders was partly an attempt to control the smuggling in of weapons & drugs. Now that the message has sunk in with our neighbours, we’re looking into reopening the borders as soon as possible"

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1336386417568735233
open the border abeg make breeze blow enter useless president of all time
Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by Jollylolly(f): 9:22am On Dec 09, 2020
And Nigeria is able to save from the closure.... prevention of smuggle goods and ammunition.
Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by Scout60(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2020
.... I wonder how you sleep comfortably supporting this man
Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by mankan2k7(m): 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
The dullard I know cannot write this
Re: Buhari Promises To Reopen Land Borders "As Soon As Possible" by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 3:38pm On May 16, 2021
goldenval:

God help Nigeria. Since a whole year i haven't done any business all because of border thing.
Eeya it's been a while bro. Hope you are doing good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Commends Soldiers Over Killing Of "Unknown Gunmen" In Abia / Children Injured As Gas Explodes In Gwagwalada, Abuja / Kano's New Mega Cities And Transport Terminals!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.