Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,262 members, 7,853,297 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration (29274 Views)

Starlink Is The Third Largest Internet Provider In Nigeria In Q4 2023 - NCC / MTN Begins Sim Sale / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by Orire01(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
WiszyFraud:

T&C....which are??

Kindly message me on whatsapp

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Olafisoyem:
What?? why?? Silly government with no sense.

Imagine an investor comes into Nigeria and they tell him sorry you can’t use your phone because we cannot give you a SIM card.

Lol in Chinese
wonderful! In this age of communication technology u think all expatriates are using Nigerian SIM cards? You need to know more about roaming network or international roaming network.
This instruction is long overdue, national security is above any other things!
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by AMvanquish: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
masterP042:
This country won't head towards progress.. Cos nothing is stable. One morning any agency can just wake and implement one rule or policy just out of the blue, without any prior notice or alternative.
Is there no other way to make the audit without stopping registration of new sims.. This Nigeria will find a way to frustrate someone. Each new day new wahala..

It is I'll timed but long overdue and necessary. Terrorists , bandits and kidnappers are really having a field day with these illegally registered SIMs.
Kidnappers will call you 3 or 4 times and they can't be traced at the end of the day because of fake details.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by merits(m): 6:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
Doraty1:
https://dailypost.ng/2020/12/09/breaking-ncc-suspends-sim-sale-registration/

With all these yeye audit is for brown envelope purpose they want to take their own shares for xmas.common to track down kidnappers and terrorist call they can't useless network.selfish and greedy auditors.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by lexy2014: 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
atobs4real:
BETTER AND GOOD DEVELOPMENT

How?
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by lexy2014: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
AMvanquish:

It is I'll timed but long overdue and necessary. Terrorists , bandits and kidnappers are really having a field day with these illegally registered SIMs.
Kidnappers will call you 3 or 4 times and they can't be traced at the end of the day because of fake details.

Bro, d zeal with which d minister in charge is pursuing sim registration and controlling d nation's database, I seriously don't understand his obsession is with eradicating crime. We have telcos that still provide analogue services but d minister doesn't seem to be bothered about that. He has become nigerias security minister

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by lexy2014: 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Coronabirus:

Which instruction?
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by lexy2014: 6:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Long overdue....I'm very sure boko haram, bandits, herdsmen, fraudsters, cheaters ( men & women alike) and kidnappers all over are already in possession of those shabbily registered Subscriber
Idenfication Module chips

Is it because of sim that d govt can't address insecurity?
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by lexy2014: 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
OrdinaryNigeria:
Supported!!!!
All sim should be link to a designated human being with full address.
If ur sim get missing, inform police and get it block.
Any number use to collect ransom shud be traceable.
Infact unknown number must relay on a network mast and shud be traceable

D politicians that hoarded covid palliatives, don't d authorities need their full address? Did they register their sim with wrong address?
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by pieces18: 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nonsense!!! Which quality standard requirements are they talking about? Why not do this to track criminals? This useless MCC is there when kidnappers use phones to communicate with the relatives of their victims.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by atobs4real(m): 7:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
lexy2014:

How?
It will give you the opportunity of having your sim card to your self as you wish. My sim Card was given to someone else within 6months.
So bad
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by edoairways: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
NIJJAking:
Governor mallam Nadir El rufai of Kaduna state is seriously destroying the state and terribly dealing with his state people in the worse miserable way imaginable. The people living the the main Kaduna city centre are suffering untold hardship in the hand of the state government due to the evil, callous and sadistic demolishing activities of the nasiru el rufai led government. Virtually every standing residential and business building structures are marked for demolition. Currently so many have been demolished already, putting a great number of residents into severe pain and hardship. Both Christians and Muslim residents are united in regretting installing Nasiru elrufai and the ruling APC party into power to govern the state. The state is passing through the worse experience of hardship occasioned by the evil , terribly and dubiously corrupt government of mallam el rufai.
. You don't plant corn to ripe cassava
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by AMvanquish: 9:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
lexy2014:

Bro, d zeal with which d minister in charge is pursuing sim registration and controlling d nation's database, I seriously don't understand his obsession is with eradicating crime. We have telcos that still provide analogue services but d minister doesn't seem to be bothered about that. He has become nigerias security minister

Forget There under alot of heat up North. Him and his Oga are receiving bashing nonstop. Think he's just trying to do his part and come up with some solution to problem.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by lexy2014: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
AMvanquish:

Forget There under alot of heat up North. Him and his Oga are receiving bashing nonstop. Think he's just trying to do his part and come up with some solution to problem.

What heat and problem is he trying to find solution to? D minister has lost focus. He has been obsessed with capturing data, sim registration & nimc since he was appointed minister. He even fought for nimc to be put under his ministry. He is more zealous about security than d service chiefs& d other security agencies while we keep receiving analogue type services from telcos.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by lexy2014: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
atobs4real:

It will give you the opportunity of having your sim card to your self as you wish. My sim Card was given to someone else within 6months.
So bad

Dude, what does that mean? How does that justify stopping d sale & registration of sim?
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by mindtricks: 9:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
AMvanquish:

Not true. If authorities really want, such can be traced even without the registration details.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by Ussycool: 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
E NO GO BETTER FOR AIRTEL...
I bought a sim recently and strange callings keep flooding as if I was the only that elect Buhari.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by AMvanquish: 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
mindtricks:

Not true. If authorities really want, such can be traced even without the registration details.

Yes it's possible , but it would be alot lot easier & faster for them with correct Registration details.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by Coolgent(m): 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hmm meanwhile in my State you can buy an pre registered sim card for just 100 naira undecided
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by Gift96: 7:34am On Dec 10, 2020
but I saw those people that use to register sim cards
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by Olafisoyem: 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2020
Coronabirus:
wonderful! In this age of communication technology u think all expatriates are using Nigerian SIM cards? You need to know more about roaming network or international roaming network.

Bro when I’m in Nigeria or when my family members come here we switch of our data roaming.

Your national security issues have nothing to do with what SIM card you use or not.

We have been registering for more things in Nigeria and the formalities around things like phones and SIM cards has been increasing but security is at its worst since I’ve been alive.
Re: NCC Suspends SIM Sale, Registration by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2020
Olafisoyem:

Bro when I’m in Nigeria or when my family members come here we switch of our data roaming.

Your national security issues have nothing to do with what SIM card you use or not.

We have been registering for more things in Nigeria and the formalities around things like phones and SIM cards has been increasing but security is at its worst since I’ve been alive.
You need to have the technical knowledge of how roaming works and how important the current measure taken is. For the legal aspects of authentication, authorization and billing of the visiting subscriber, the roaming agreements typically can comprise minimal safety standards, as in the location update procedures or financial security or warranty procedures. In order that a subscriber is able to register on to a visited network, a roaming agreement needs to be in place between the visited network and the home network. Don't think u can use all these network without authorisations of NSP, NCC & govt.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia Asha 501: First Phone On Nokia Asha OS / Everything About Apple Iphone 14, Apple Watch Event Wrap-up / MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.