Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! (32720 Views)

Poll: What's Your Prediction?

Nigeria Will Win: 93% (123 votes)
Ethiopia Will Win: 6% (9 votes)
It'd end in a draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia (2 - 1): Int'l Friendly On Saturday, January 4, 2014 / Pictures From The Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by semid4lyfe(m): 2:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
Match: Nigeria vs Ethiopia
(Gabon & Equatorial Guinea 2012 African Cup Of Nations Qualifier)

Venue: Abuja National Stadium, Abuja, FCT.

Date: Sunday, March 27

Time of Match: 7pm Nigerian Time

Super Eagles of Nigeria

Walya Antelopes of Ethiopia

Our ''darling'' team, grin the Super Eagles will be taking on the Walya Antelopes of Ethiopia in a Gabon-Equatorial Guinea AFCON 2012 qualifying match on Sunday 27th March @ the Abuja National Stadium, FCT.

Although this will be the Super Eagles third match of the 2012 AFCON Qualification series, it'd be Siasia's first competitive match as coach of the National team and he's said he'd like to get off to a winning start and will be satisfied with just grabbing the 3 points on Sunday. . .but will a narrow victory be enough for the vociferous Nigerian soccer fans? undecided

The Super Eagles are three points behind group leaders Guinea after a 1-0 stumble in Conakry in October and know they do not have any more margins for error if they are to qualify for the tournament finals in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea in January 2012.

This has perhaps prompted the early arrival to camp of the invited players cos as at Tuesday (5 days to the match), all the invitees had hit camp in Abuja and were busy sweating it out in training to get a starting shirt to play on Sunday. Players in camp are:

Goal keepers - Dele Aiyenugba, Sunday Rotimi
Defenders - Dele Adeleye, Joseph Yobo, Ambrose Efe, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Taiye Taiwo, Olubayo Adefemi
Midfielders - Mikel Obi, Julius Ubido, Joel Obi, Kalu Uche
Forwards - Osaze Odemwingie, Ahmed Musa, Obinna Nsofor, Victor Moses, Obafemi Martins, Ikechukwu Uche, Victor Anichebe, Peter Utaka, Fengor Ogude, Solomon Okoronkwo

Ethiopia are the underdogs of this match-up as they're ranked 124th while the the Super Eagles are ranked 39th. Ethiopia like Nigeria has 3 points from it's previous two matches but the Nigerians edge them with a better goal difference. Last time both teams met was in 1993 in a USA '94 World Cup qualifier with the Super Eagles winning 4 nil.

Already, the Ethiopians are in town and their coach - Ifem Onuora, a  Briton of Nigerian descent who has a UEFA Pro coaching license (the highest coaching qualification in football) has said his team is approaching sunday's match with all seriousness and looking to beat the Super Eagles.

Match will be officiated by Tunisians - with Slim Jedidi in the centre to be assisted by Bechir Hassani (1st Assistant referee), Mohsen Ben Salem (2nd Assistant referee) and Yosr Saadallah acting as the 4th official/alternate referee. Mr. Hesham Salah from Egypt will act as the Match Commissioner. 

The match will be played under floodlights and Kick-off is set for 19:00 hours (7pm) Nigerian time and it'd be on NTA, AIT and hopefully some cable/satellite tv stations too.

So, what do you think? Can the Walya Antelopes of Ethiopia defeat the Super Eagles or is it just an empty boast? Drop your comments, opinions, predictions etc and lets know what you think. . . . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by otokx(m): 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Its football; anything can happen but come Sunday nothing better happen or they will say GEJ is the cause.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by javalove(m): 4:04pm On Mar 24, 2011
HEHEHEHEHEHE. . .PLEASE WHEN IS THE SECOND LEG OF THIS MATCH. . .

CAN'T WAIT TO CHEER THE BOYS AT MESKEL SQUARE. . .

YES I LIVE IN ADDIS!!!!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by semid4lyfe(m): 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
javalove:
HEHEHEHEHEHE. . .PLEASE WHEN IS THE SECOND LEG OF THIS MATCH. . .

CAN'T WAIT TO CHEER THE BOYS AT MESKEL SQUARE. . .

YES I LIVE IN ADDIS!!!!!!!

Return leg is in June. . .don't know the exact day undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by Danny2011(m): 4:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
They could only win if they are determined & play like a team
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by vocalist(f): 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
so ar u guys telling me dat enyama the golden keeper will not feature on sunday or what, i think siasia to do otherwise
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by javalove(m): 5:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Return leg is in June. . .don't know the exact day undecided

Ohhh. . .I can't wait for the players to come to Addis. . .I want to cheer!!!!!!!!!!!!

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
The Eagles must win, minimum 2 goal margin anything less is failure. Go Samson Siasia!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by fxtopedia(m): 9:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
Eagle MUST win by 4 un-replied goallll cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by pleep(m): 9:55pm On Mar 24, 2011
i wish i coulkd watch this game undecided is there any website i can watch it online?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by mrjingles(m): 9:54am On Mar 25, 2011
vocalist:

so ar u guys telling me dat enyama the golden keeper will not feature on sunday or what, i think siasia to do otherwise
Even though your post isnt clear, I think its safe to inform you that "golden" Enyeama is injured. He surely will be a missed. Ethiopia will huff and puff but eagles will blow them away, eagles wont play too much "team" football but thier class and experience will make the difference.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by sley4life(m): 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
9ja will win off course
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by Artlove(m): 4:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
No problem, let see cool cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by mamagee3(f): 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
sley4life:

9ja will win off course
And then they lose. . . grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by Nobody: 12:56am On Mar 26, 2011
Can anyone recommend a live streaming site for Canada?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by ciaoikana(m): 1:04am On Mar 26, 2011
the match will end in 2 zero. in favour of ,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by Limaoscar: 1:08am On Mar 26, 2011
'Cos we'll win irrespective of what Mama-gee thinks cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by prosperup(m): 1:13am On Mar 26, 2011
How much is the gate fee pls?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by sirp2007: 1:28am On Mar 26, 2011
so eagles has been so reduce d level where u cant tell if they can beat Ethiopia in abuja.God please save tis country from backward movement.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by semid4lyfe(m): 2:02am On Mar 26, 2011
prosperup:

How much is the gate fee pls?

Upper and Lower Terraces - N300, State Box Extension  - N5000 & Corporate Suites - N20,000. Read the story below to get the sales points for the tickets. . . ,  . .

By the way, sales of tickets will close on Saturday and tickets will not be sold at the match venue

Nigeria/Ethiopia: Tickets go on sale
Thursday, 24 March 2011 00:00 .
SOURCE

Tickets for Sunday’s 2012 African Cup of Nations qualifier between Nigeria and Ethiopia will be on sale throughout the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja today.

Assistant General Secretary (Marketing) of the Nigeria Football Federation, Mr. Idris Adama said yesterday that tickets for the crucial game will be available at the[b] NFF, Durumi, Kubwa, Old Parade Ground, Maitama, Ceddi Plaza, Nyanya and Garki[/b].

Tickets for the Upper and Lower terraces will go for N300 each, with State Box Extension to be sold for N5,000 each and the Corporate Suites are to go for the sum of N200,000 each.

Nigeria, with three points and second behind six-pointer Guinea on the Group B table of the 2012 African Cup of Nations qualifying series, take on Ethiopia at the National Stadium, Abuja on Sunday starting from 7pm.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by doublekay: 5:08am On Mar 26, 2011
If football is to be mathematics i would have said the game will end 3 - 0 in favour of the nigerians. but since its not, I am beginning to develop goose pimple
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by InkedNerd(f): 7:33am On Mar 26, 2011
Hmmm, this should be an interesting match grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by collinsJn(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2011
Ethiopia
will huff and puff but eagles will
blow them away, eagles wont
play too much "team" football but
thier class and experience will
make the difference. Diz Is Football slowpoke and Anytin Can happen.Was It Not d Same Class and Experience dey Took 2 South Africa,and Could Not Win A Single Match.Until diz Set Of Playerz 're DONE And Dusted,I Wonder.So In Football,U Talk After 90 Mins.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:45am On Mar 26, 2011
pleep:

i wish i coulkd watch this game undecided is there any website i can watch it online?
Don't u have a television at home lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by sley4life(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Upper and Lower Terraces - N300, State Box Extension  - N5000 & Corporate Suites - N20,000. Read the story below to get the sales points for the tickets. . . ,  . .

By the way, sales of tickets will close on Saturday and tickets will not be sold at the match venue

Nigeria/Ethiopia: Tickets go on sale
Thursday, 24 March 2011 00:00 .
SOURCE
i wont stress myself going to those venue lookin 4 tickets. If they arent gona sell ticket on match day,let then r.ot. Maybe sell it couple of hrs b4 the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by ayusman16(m): 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2011
How come thr is no thread on d _U23 match. Let come somebody give us update as I don't thnk any Naija Channel is showing it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by semid4lyfe(m): 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2011
ayusman:
How come thr is no thread on d _U23 match. Let come somebody give us update as I don't thnk any Naija Channel is showing it.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-632092.0.html
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by SuyaEater(m): 7:33pm On Mar 26, 2011
any links to the game
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by julioralph(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2011
since d dream team 4 d Olympics won by 5-0, i expect nothing less 4rm siasia and his wards! by d way i was really embarrassed by dis victor Moses saga, siasia claimed on d BBC dat he's aware of d fifa rule concerning players with dual nationality. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by Adelaide2: 11:26pm On Mar 26, 2011
The Ethiopian coach is Nigerian from Igboland. Always Igbo. wow!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Ends 4-0: Up Super Eagles!!! by MeandSum: 4:35am On Mar 27, 2011
Adelaide2:

The Ethiopian coach is Nigerian from Igboland. Always Igbo. wow!

And what was that supposed to mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ian Wright Tells The NFF To Pay The Super Falcons. / Sunday Oliseh And Nwakali In A Playful Mood (Photo) / Covid-19: Israel Adesanya Donates Medical Equipment To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.