Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,203 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless (1963 Views)

I’m Fed Up With My Childless Marriage - Wife Tells Court / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 27 Years Of Childless Marriage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Olominira(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2020
Nearly half of 30-year-old women were childless on their 30th birthday last year, UK Government data has revealed.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) analysed child-bearing for women born in different years across England and Wales. Researchers found that 49 per cent of women born in 1989 – the most recent cohort to reach 30 years old – remained childless by their 30th birthday in 2019.

That number compared with 38 per cent of their mothers' generation and just over one-fifth of their grandmothers' generation, the 1961 and 1934 cohorts respectively.

Amanda Sharfman, of the Centre for Ageing and Demography at the ONS, said: "Average completed family size has been falling since the cohort of women born in 1935 and has been below two children since the late 1950s cohorts. Following a low of 1.89 children for women born in the previous two years' cohorts, we see a slight rise to 1.92 for women born in 1974.

"We continue to see a delay in child-bearing, with nearly half of women born in 1989 remaining childless by their 30th birthday compared to one in five in their grandmothers' generation.

"The fertility patterns of women born more recently indicate that this trend is likely to continue, with women born in 1995 showing lower levels of fertility in their 20s compared with previous cohorts."

Last month, ONS data revealed that the average age at which mothers give birth has hit a record high. Figures detailing birth and parental characteristics showed that the average age of a mother rose to 30.7 years in 2019.

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk

2 Likes

Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by donbachi(m): 6:44am On Dec 10, 2020
Married or single?.cos i no understand.
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by LawLab247: 6:58am On Dec 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Zooposki(f): 7:00am On Dec 10, 2020
When you give them sterilization vaccines as babies, why won’t they be sterile.

1 Like

Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by helinues: 7:01am On Dec 10, 2020
That one na Uk matter now..

Nigeria's case is different
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Blankstare(m): 7:05am On Dec 10, 2020
About 10% here, and steadily rising
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Mynd44: 7:14am On Dec 10, 2020
We are too plenty in the world. This is encouraging. We need this kind of thing in this country

3 Likes

Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by HenryThegreat1(m): 7:30am On Dec 10, 2020
Lol
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Klass99(f): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2020
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Mynd44: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2020
Klass99:

Lol grin. Mad!

The mulitpy and be fruitful crew, plus the religious fanatics will soon come for you.

They are Invited

I am more worried about those who will come amid claim I am tasting you
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by morakinyo60256: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2020
:We are too plenty in the world. This is encouraging. We need this kind of thing in this countryLol . Mad!The mulitpy and be fruitful crew, plus the religious fanatics will soon come for you.
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Walexdubia(m): 10:11am On Dec 10, 2020
Olominira:
Nearly half of 30-year-old women were childless on their 30th birthday last year, UK Government data has revealed.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) analysed child-bearing for women born in different years across England and Wales. Researchers found that 49 per cent of women born in 1989 – the most recent cohort to reach 30 years old – remained childless by their 30th birthday in 2019.

That number compared with 38 per cent of their mothers' generation and just over one-fifth of their grandmothers' generation, the 1961 and 1934 cohorts respectively.

Amanda Sharfman, of the Centre for Ageing and Demography at the ONS, said: "Average completed family size has been falling since the cohort of women born in 1935 and has been below two children since the late 1950s cohorts. Following a low of 1.89 children for women born in the previous two years' cohorts, we see a slight rise to 1.92 for women born in 1974.

"We continue to see a delay in child-bearing, with nearly half of women born in 1989 remaining childless by their 30th birthday compared to one in five in their grandmothers' generation.

"The fertility patterns of women born more recently indicate that this trend is likely to continue, with women born in 1995 showing lower levels of fertility in their 20s compared with previous cohorts."

Last month, ONS data revealed that the average age at which mothers give birth has hit a record high. Figures detailing birth and parental characteristics showed that the average age of a mother rose to 30.7 years in 2019.

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk
Lol na their dumb feminism coz am, when they are done with they should let us know...

1 Like

Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Mynd44:
We are too plenty in the world. This is encouraging. We need this kind of thing in this country

Blood of Jesus!

Calm down bro. Don't count on it yet. Me I must born my own.

1 Like

Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Klass99(f): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2020
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by meobizy(f): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
This is good news until you realize one fifteen or sixteen year old looking for free government money can birth six bastards in a row. Who needs children from thirty year olds when younger females birth healthier kids.
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Chapter1vs6(m): 2:07pm On Dec 10, 2020
This is news eham. How did they know the women who are over 30
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Cousin9999: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
People are making wiser personal and financial decisions instead of simply following the crowd and having children they can't afford and/or don't actually want.
Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 24, 2021
Mynd44:

That is an evil thing to say. Huh.

1 Like

Re: Almost Half Of Women Who Turned 30 Last Year Were Childless by YngDenzel1: 7:03pm On Mar 28, 2021
Chapter1vs6:
This is news eham. How did they know the women who are over 30
They have their data na, or do you think the U.K is that disorganized like ur country grin

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Do Money Ritual! Please Help / ..... / I Have A Very Toxic Mother, Please Advice Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.