Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? (21098 Views)

Tinubu Government Will Be Christian Dominated / He Is A Muslim But Rules In A Christian Dominated City In England / MAKINDE'S GOVERNING BOARD APPOINTMENT IS CHRISTIAN DOMINATED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by DZTech: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2020
many of us are unaware that there are many generations of Christians in the North.
from Sokoto to Borno, many original indigenes were Christians.
long before Independence, schools, hospitals and other institutions were built and run by locals, govt and missionaries.
- hence the large number of Christian girls in FGGC Chibok.
therefore boko haram knew what they were doing during the kidnappings.

so kindly name the LGAs in states that you know of.
further analysis will take place once this list is compiled.
Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Mozino007(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2020
jos(jesus is our saviour)

18 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by SlayerForever: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2020
Let me shock you. In Nasarawa state no local government area is muslim owned/dominated. None.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Marine54(m): 11:50am On Dec 11, 2020
Jos
Taraba
Bunue
Adamawa
Kogi

9 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by AdaugoChisom(f): 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Our neighbor from Mechika in Adamawa state told me last week that in her community there is only one Muslim family.

She told me that her tribe is Hegi not even Hausa.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by TooMuchStuff: 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
SlayerForever:
Let me shock you. In Nasarawa state no local government area is muslim owned/dominated. None.
Very Correct sir

Muslims in Nassarawa state are far less than 30% in all. I keep shouting this for all to know how hausafulanis are doing politics with reckless abandoned in Christians dominated states like Adamawa, Kogi, Kaduna and Nassarawa

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Nowenuse: 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
DZTech:
many of us are unaware that there are many generations of Christians in the North.
long before Independence, schools, hospitals and other institutions were built and run by locals, govt and missionaries.

Let me help you out, as an activist for northern Christians and minorities.

Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Tararaba, Adamawa, Nasarawa and FCT are clearly Christian majority states.

KADUNA state has more Christian Indigenes (60%), but over the years, so many Muslim immigrants from other state has diluted it and it's now like 50-50.

Gombe, Niger & Kwara states are at least 40% Christian.

Borno, Bauchi & Kebbi states are about 25% Christian.
The southern parts of these states are majority Christian.

Katsina state is about 15% Christian.
About 6 LGAs in the South of Katsina state (Kafur, Malumfashi, Funtua, Bakori, Kankia & Dutsin-Ma) are heavily christian. Most of the rural areas and villages in these LGAs are Christian.

Yobe & Kano states are also indigenously around 15% Christian.
However, Boko Haram seriously displaced Yobe Christians from around Potiskum area and now they may be less than 10% in the state.

For Kano state, so many other Muslim immigrants from other states and Niger republic have seriously reduced this figure.
However, LGAs like Tudunwada, Sumaila, Rogo, Bebeji, Shanono & Doguwa (all in Southern Kano) have hundreds of Christian villages.

In Jigawa & Zamfara, there also exist Christian communities (like full fledged Christian villages) e.g Roni LGA of Jigawa has Christian villages.
However, in both states, the Christian population should be around 5%.

Sokoto is the only state in the North where I doubt it is possible to find entire villages that are originally majority Christian.

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by ayomilore: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Very Correct sir

Muslims in Nassarawa state are far less than 30% in all. I keep shouting this for all to know how hausafulanis are doing politics with reckless abandoned in Christians dominated states like Adamawa, Kogi, Kaduna and Nassarawa

Don't believe this. Why is it that Muslim has been ruling the state since if the above is true about nassarawa?

5 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Nowenuse: 12:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Very Correct sir

SlayerForever:
ayomilore:

Don't believe this. Why is it that Muslim has been ruling the state since if the above is true about nassarawa?

The problem with Nasarawa started in OLD PLATEAU STATE!

Plateau Christians wanted to carry the muslim minorities along in everything cos we never knew these people were evil.
Then in old Plateau state, every deputy appointment was meant for Lower Plateau (Nasarawa) people and it was always given to a muslim.
It's not as if Muslims were more in lower Plateau, but just for the sake of carrying everybody along.

So by the time Nasarawa state was created, all the big shots in the state were Muslims! They formed a muslim clique (led by Abdullahi Adamu) and since then vowed that by hook or crook, a Christian will never rule Nasarawa state.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Yujin(m): 12:59pm On Dec 11, 2020
I've said it here that clearly there are more Christians than muslims in Nigeria but for obvious reasons Christians have no political power to even stand for their rights. It's very saddening.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Nowenuse: 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
ayomilore:

The first governor of Nasarawa state (Abdullahi Adamu) was actively supported by SOLOMON LAR, cos he was Solomon Lar's former deputy governor in old Plateau state and close friend.

Solomon Lar (the old godfather of Plateau state) supported Abdullahi Adamu over his rival SOLOMON EWUGA!
And that was how a Plateau man foolishly stamped in Muslim domination on Nasarawa state.

Immediately Adamu became governor, he swore that over his dead body for a christian to rule Nasarawa state.

And Adamu is an Afo man, go to Afo villages and towns all over Keffi & Nasarawa LGAs, and count the number of Christians & Muslims, Christians clearly outnumber Muslims 70-30!

Apart from the Egbura people in Toto LGA, no other indigenous ethnic group of Nasarawa state is muslim majority among the about 30 ethnic groups that make up Nasarawa state.
The Egburas are not even the majority in Toto LGA, the Bassas who are the majority there are 95% Christian.

So, yes, it is true!
No LGA in Nasarawa state is muslim majority, it doesn't exist, but meanwhile, there are LGAs like Karu, Akwanga, Kokona & Nass Eggon that are up to 90% Christian.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Nowenuse: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Yujin:
I've said it here that clearly there are more Christians than muslims in Nigeria but for obvious reasons Christians have no political power to even stand for their rights. It's very saddening.

The downfall of Christians in Nigeria started when the Caliphate used Gowon as a tool to deceive Northern Christians to fight Igbos.

Imagine the civil war was fought by Igbos & Northern Christians! (The 2 largest Christian groups in the country).
We weakened and destroyed each other and then the muslims came to reap from the spoils.

Christianity as a religion cannot withstand Islam when it comes to political manipulations, cos Islam was created to counter Christianity.

We Christians are never told to do anything politically in the name of our religion, but Islam on the other had is more of a political group/movement masquerading as a religion.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Dedetwo(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
Yujin:

The Christians in northern region of Nigeria behaved liked slaves and willing tools. A young lady from Jos told me she could not have attended secondary school in Plateau State because she was a Christian. She used her mother's maiden name to gain admission. I asked how could you be in the majority yet told what to do by the Muslims?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by sinkhole: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2020
It's like Muslims never open this thread grin grin grin
Oooooh, today is Friday, they are still in mosque cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Landlord97: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Jos
Taraba
Benue
Kogi
Abuja
Southern kaduna

1 Like

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by sinkhole: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dedetwo:

The Christians in northern region of Nigeria behaved liked slaves and willing tools. A young lady from Jos told me she could not have attended secondary school in Plateau State because she was a Christian. She used her mother's maiden name to gain admission. I asked how could you be in the majority yet told what to do by the Muslims?
Beautiful lie cheesy
Which part of Jos?
If she is a Christian then why will she want to go to school in Angwa-Rogo, Bauchi Rd, Eto-Baba and co.?
There are tons of schools she could attend, as a Christian, in Christian areas such as Rukuba Rd, Zaria Rd and other parts of Jos South, etc

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by lexuswagon: 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nowenuse:

Benue, Plateau, Kogi, Tararaba, Adamawa, Nasarawa and FCT are clearly Christian majority states.

KADUNA state has more Christian Indigenes (60%), but over the years, so many Muslim immigrants from other state has diluted it and it's now like 50-50.

About 6 LGAs in the South of Katsina state (Kafur, Malumfashi, Funtua, Bakori, Kankia & Dutsin-Ma) are heavily christian. Most of the rural areas and villages in these LGAs are Christian.

However, Boko Haram seriously displaced Yobe Christians from around Potiskum area and now they may be less than 10% in the state.

For Kano state, so many other Muslim immigrants from other states and Niger republic have seriously reduced this figure.
However, LGAs like Tudunwada, Sumaila, Rogo, Bebeji, Shanono & Doguwa (all in Southern Kano) have hundreds of Christian villages.

In Jigawa & Zamfara, there also exist Christian communities (like full fledged Christian villages) e.g Roni LGA of Jigawa has Christian villages.

Sokoto is the only state in the North where I doubt it is possible to find entire villages that are originally majority Christian.
you are well informed

7 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by LukasPodolski: 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Nowenuse:

I would love to make a correction on the issue of Kwara state as a BONAFIDE Kwara indigene.

I'm a Christian, but saying that the population of Christians in Kwara is up to 40% is not true.

among the Yorubas that occupies 12 local government area and 2 senitorial district (Kwara South and Kwara central ) + 1 local government govt in Kwara North which is Moro local government.

Kwara South has 7 LGAs (predominantly Yoruba)
Kwara central has 4 LGAs(predominantly Yoruba)
Kwara North has 5 LGAs (but Yorubas occupies one of these five LGAs )

7+4+1 = 12 Yoruba LGAs

the only Christian dominated LGAs are Isin, Ekiti and Oke-Ero (I came from one of these LGAs)
these three LGAs are the smallest in respect to population and Landmass in Kwara state.

Ilorin which is the largest City is 98% Muslim
Offa which is the second largest city is at least 90% Muslim
if you remove these two cities from kwara, then there is nothing left in terms of population.

among the Yorubas of Kwara state, the population of Muslims is 70% while Christians is 30%

now if we add Kwara north(an area which is 90% Muslims, the Nupes and Bariba people), this will reduce the population of Christians in the whole state to 15%-20%)

now to the concluding part which is also the most important part, you called yourself a northern Christian advocate or whatever, I think you should remove Kwara state from your activism or whatever, you don't create a problem where there is none, Kwara is a state of harmony, Kwara is arguably the most peaceful state in Nigeria, so don't come and cause problem here with your activism.

did you even know that Most of the popular pastors in Nigeria started in Ilorin?
from Adeboye to Oyedepo to Fatoyinbo to Sam Adeyemi and his brother and the list goes on.
here is a comprehensive list of Nigerian pastors that started in Kwara state.
https://www.nairaland.com/2584549/most-nigeria-top-pastors-tied

though most of them left for Lagos, Ogun and Abuja for wider audience, only Rhema Chapel still had it's headquarters in Ilorin.

Ilorin is the most lively city In northern political zone and the third in Yorubaland after Lagos and Ibadan.... despite the fact that the city is 99% Muslim (indigenous people), the ratio of church to mosque is like 8:2, you would see 8 churches in Ilorin before you will see 2 mosque.

even the the last 3 first lady were Christians
Toyin Saraki never convert into Islam.
Omolewa Ahmed was even a Deaconess.
the current one two is a Christian (though I don't know much about her)

this is how we roll in Kwara state and Yorubaland at large, we view ourselves as Yoruba and Human being before any foreign Religion

so don't take your activism to kwara, it's good here, unless you want Ogun to kill you.

thank you

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Bonesking(m): 2:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Very Correct sir

I served in Nassarawa and was shocked to realise this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Bonesking(m): 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
LukasPodolski:

I would love to make a correction on the issue of Kwara state as a BONAFIDE Kwara indigene.

I'm a Christian, but saying that the population of Christians in Kwara is up to 40% is not true.

among the Yorubas that occupies 12 local government area and 2 senitorial district (Kwara South and Kwara North ) + 1 local government govt in Kwara North which is Moro local government.

7+4+1 = 12 Yoruba LGAs

the only Christian dominated LGAs are Isin, Ekiti and Oke-Ero (I came from one of these LGAs)
these three LGAs are the smallest in respect to population and Landmass in Kwara state.

if you remove these two cities from kwara, then there is nothing left in terms of population.

among the Yorubas of Kwara state, the population of Muslims is 70% while Christians is 30%

now if we add Kwara north(an area which is 90% Muslims, the Nupes and Bariba people), this will reduce the population of Christians in the whole state to 15%-20%)

now to the concluding part which is also the most important part, you called yourself a northern Christian advocate or whatever, I think you should remove Kwara state from your activism or whatever, you don't create a problem where there is none, Kwara is a state of harmony, Kwara is arguably the most peaceful state in Nigeria, so don't come and cause problem here with your activism.

did you even know that Most of the popular pastors in Nigeria started in Ilorin?
from Adeboye to Oyedepo to Fatoyinbo to Sam Adeyemi and his brother and the list goes on.

though most of them left for Lagos, Ogun and Abuja for wider audience, only Rhema Chapel still had it's headquarters in Ilorin.

Ilorin is the most lively city In northern political zone and the third in Yorubaland after Lagos and Ibadan.... despite the fact that the city is 99% Muslim (indigenous people), the ratio of church to mosque is like 8:2, you would see 8 churches in Ilorin before you will see 2 mosque.

this is how we roll in Kwara state and Yorubaland at large, we view ourselves as Yoruba and Human being before any foreign Religion

so don't take your activism to kwara, it's good here, unless you want Ogun to kill you.

thank you
Agree with all you said.

4 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by TooMuchStuff: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bonesking:
I served in Nassarawa and was shocked to realise this.
On my Job across the Northern region where I lived all my Life even though parents are Southern

I know virtually all corners of the north. The population of the noisy and bullying hausafulanis Muslims are far less than 22% of the country. The South and middle belt non Muslims are above 70% of the country and yet represent the victims of the 25% Hausafulanikanuri Muslims of the country. E be like say na juju

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by sinkhole: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
LukasPodolski:

thank you
Omo Yoruba atata smiley
You started by discussing Christian Muslim issues and you concluded by invoking Ogun lakaaye oshin'mole on the guy grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by LukasPodolski: 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
sinkhole:
Omo Yoruba atata smiley
You started by discussing Christian Muslim issues and you concluded by invoking Ogun lakaaye oshin'mole on the guy grin

that's how we roll bros mi, we are all one.

there is a popular saying that, Gbogbo odun ti'o ba ti bawa laaye, Si'se ni.

meaning " we celebrate all the festive period irrespective of the origin(religion)"

we don eat salah meat, now Christmas is approaching nah to dey prepare ni, and when masquerade festival land, nah to go chop pounded yam for igbale.

16 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by 9jathingsonpoint: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
LukasPodolski:

among the Yorubas that occupies 12 local government area and 2 senitorial district (Kwara South and Kwara North ) + 1 local government govt in Kwara North which is Moro local government.

Kwara North has 5 LGAs (but Yorubas occupies one of these fivre LGAs )

7+4+1 = 12 Yoruba LGAs

thank you
You deserve an award for this write up

14 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Dedetwo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
sinkhole:
Beautiful lie cheesy
Which part of Jos?
If she is a Christian then why will she want to go to school in Angwa-Rogo, Bauchi Rd, Eto-Baba and co.?
There are tons of schools she could attend, as a Christian, in Christian areas such as Rukuba Rd, Zaria Rd and other parts of Jos South, etc

The bolded may still validate what she said. In fact, she said to have used her mother's maiden name who hailed from Bauchi State in order to gain admission into secondary. Do Angwa-Rogo, Buachi Rd and Eto-Baba not part of Plateau State? Why should a Christian who hailed from Plateau State deny admission in secondary school simply because she is a Christian in assumed Christian dominated state? Something does not smell right.

7 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by sinkhole: 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

On my Job across the Northern region where I lived all my Life even though parents are Southern

I know virtually all corners of the north. The population of the noisy and bullying hausafulanis Muslims are far less than 22% of the country. The South and middle belt non Muslims are above 70% of the country and yet represent the victims of the 25% Hausafulanikanuri Muslims of the country. E be like say na juju
Do you know that there are some people in Nasarawa called Kambari people? These people are actually Kanuri migrants to Nasarawa and I think that name "Kambari" is a bastardized form of Kanuri!
These Kambari people of Nasarawa puts themselves above others in Nasarawa and they are the most religious fanatics in Nasarawa State while the Egon people are the most religious tolerant people in Nasarawa State!

2 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by sinkhole: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Dedetwo:

The bolded may still validate what she said. In fact, she said to have used her mother's maiden name who hailed from Bauchi State in order to gain admission into secondary. Do Angwa-Rogo, Buachi Rd and Eto-Baba not part of Plateau State? Why should a Christian who hailed from Plateau State deny admission in secondary school simply because she is a Christian in assumed Christian dominated state? Something does not smell right.
D
Obviously you don't know Jos.
If you are a Christian, you simply can't stay in Angwa-Rogo and Co., you may not even last an hour in those places embarassed so, there's no point being there!
But there are large areas occupied by mainly Christians in Jos that you can freely stay as a Christian. So why must you want to kill yourself deliberately by staying where you're not wanted?
If your friend claims to be a Christian from Bauchi then she must be from Bogoro or Tafawa-Balewa, nobody will leave those places and go and stay in Muslim dominated area in Jos, that is simply impossible.

9 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by valicious1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
Im surprised una never drag igbos into this till now.

Na nairaland be dis?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Opexzy: 3:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
LukasPodolski:

7+4+1 = 12 Yoruba LGAs

thank you

Nice one, I support this post to make front page solely because of this nice piece.. It's worth it..

5 Likes

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by Truthissupreme: 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
DZTech:

Hope you not a jihadist inquiring to go kill them?

1 Like

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by SlayerForever: 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2020
The muslims aggresively fight for power, while the Christians are laid back to it. Islam is a very political religion, they believe they must fight and hold onto power by every means at their disposal. Give them an inch and you're gone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Parts Of The North Are Christian - Dominated? by scholes0(m): 4:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
hmmmn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tunde Bank-Anthony: Tinubu Can’t Claim Glory For Fashola, Ambode’s Achievements / PDP Governorship Candidate Airhiavbere Loses In His Unit / Soldiers Die In A Boat Mishap In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.