Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

The Best President Nigeria Never Had - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best President Nigeria Never Had (2215 Views)

Poll: Who Was The Best President Nigeria Never Had

Chief Obafemi Awolowo: 50% (2 votes)
Bashorun MKO Abiola: 50% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Who Is The Best President Nigeria Has Ever Had? / Is Namadi Sambo The Best Vice-President Nigeria Has Produced So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best President Nigeria Never Had by Orosunnuku(m): 3:28am On Jun 30, 2007
Who was the best President Nigeria never had, between Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Bashorun MKO Abiola?
According to Chief Ojukwu, Chief Awolowo was "the best President Nigeria never had." IBB also described Chief Awolowo as "the main issue in Nigeria politics, you are either for or against him."
According to OBJ, several social and human rights activists as well as international observers, "June 12 elections won by Bashorun Abiola was the most free and fairest in the history of Nigeria."
Now over to you, Nairalanders what do you feel?
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by naijacutee(f): 9:55am On Jun 30, 2007
Put Donald Duke up there, and I'll vote!
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by samexangel(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2007
I found it difficult to believe the yardstick being used in comparing the only an only CHIEF OBAFEMI AWOLOWO a true political leader with the business mogul Bashorun MKO Abiola.

Anyway,
If am to vote 1000 times it will be Chief Obafemi Awolowo
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by docokwy(m): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2007
They were both losers. Nothing for them.
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by kokoA(m): 12:06am On Jul 01, 2007
Am not that old, so I don't know of Awolowo, late Chief Chuba Okadigbo was a president we never had.

The presidents naija never had but can still have are:
(By my rankings 1-10)

1. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala

2. Pat Utomi

3. Donald Duke

4. Charles Soludo

5. Obiangeli Ezekwesili

6. Dora Akunyili

7. Nuhu Ribadu

8. Adams Oshomhole

9. Nasir El Rufai

10. Asari Dokubo
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by initiator(m): 12:56am On Jul 01, 2007
We've never been lucky with presidents but if u ask me among the two i'd say awolowo but the man was a tribalist. For more contemporary times, i'd choose duke as naijacutee said. And for KokoA, lol what's Asari doing on that list? Lol
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by kokoA(m): 1:05am On Jul 01, 2007
Asari will make a good president o grin If for nothing, when he declares his assets, he won't beg his governors to follow suite, they will ( who no like him life)
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by obong(m): 1:09am On Jul 01, 2007
Donald Duke
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by denex: 1:14am On Jul 01, 2007
It's Donald Duke and Pat Utomi.

Abiola was the worst president Nigeria was lucky not to have had.
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by initiator(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2007
@ kokoA u would've added uwazurike to the list.
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by kokoA(m): 1:42am On Jul 01, 2007
initiator:

@ kokoA u would've added uwazurike to the list.

That one is a traitor. He will divide the country.
Re: The Best President Nigeria Never Had by Crownvilla(m): 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2007
Donald Duke, period!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

James Ibor's Jet / Nigerian Girl Shot Dead In "Great" Britain / Ezeuche , Ezeagu , Chino. Is This Your Village?? Tell your Women To Cover Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.