Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

No Time For Caution: A Nigerian Soliloquy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Time For Caution: A Nigerian Soliloquy (135 Views)

This Is No Time For Strike Threats, NURTW Tells NLC / Pigeons: Buhari Has No Time For Idle, Wailing Wailers - Femi Adesina / Impeachment Saga: Ozekhome, NBA Chief, Others Caution Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Time For Caution: A Nigerian Soliloquy by Thanos(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
We will Survive.

The classic from Gloria Gaynor “i will survive” is my motto for the rest of the year.

With all the events of the past month, Nigerians have done what Nigerians do best. Survive. Our ability to endure and push through whatever situation and challenges life throws at us is what makes us stand out across the continent and the world at large. To begin to recount the events of this year and how we have managed to maintain our sanity and sensibilities is something that might take all the time that I do not have. But It is without doubt, that the events of this year have exposed the extremely volatile situation the country currently sits on.

I was opportune to be in the midst of young men and women over the past couple of days to discuss and exchange ideas with them and I was shocked at the level of hopelessness in the land.

“Nigeria no fit better again “was the consensus amongst the youth, which really broke my heart. Years and years of oppression has finally broken the younger generation. The “never say die “spirit that defined us has been crushed. Now everyone has given into the reasoning that our situation is irredeemable. For the first time, na naija dey carry last.

Many of us are lucky enough that we live in a disconnected reality. In our gated estates, going about our daily jobs like it is no man’s business, living life through the myopic lens of social media. But like I tell a lot of my friends, the real causalities of the various battles we fought this year are not on social media.

It’s the woman with a table at as a stall at your local market selling vegetables for #100 naira whose..........
https://revoluth./2020/11/24/a-call-for-rage/
Re: No Time For Caution: A Nigerian Soliloquy by oilking: 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2020

U live in a country where many are uniformed, ignorant, uncommitted, against a few that are enlightened.

Many mumure against the system but only wail loudly in hidden but grow cold feet when it's time to resist the system...
The country is in Comma✊

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senate Approves Buhari’s Request To Extend 2020 Budget To 2021 / Youth Make Big Statements As Chukwudi Dimkpa Sweeps DMOMA Award / The Value Of Time In The Politics Of Senator Anyim Pius Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.