Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution (1795 Views)

How Buhari Can Create 2 Million Jobs With BPO / Ground Breaking Of Gas Revolution Industrial Plant, Live On NTA, Channels TV. / Gas Revolution - For The Attention Of The Cynics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 25, 2011
Jonathan to create 500,000 jobs with gas revolution
| Print | E-mail
Friday, 25 March 2011

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan, said on Thursday, in Abuja, that with the full implementation of his administration’s gas master plan, Nigeria will become the undisputed regional hub for gas-related industries within the next three years.

Speaking at the formal launch of the plan at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, President Jonathan declared that the occasion also marked the beginning of the end of gas flaring in the country.

The president said that the full implementation of the entire gas master plan agenda would result in about $25 billion worth of investments in gas processing, transmission and downstream gas.

“Beyond the quantum of foreign direct investment, the economic impact of this agenda will be enormous. In terms of employment and wealth creation, we estimate that over 100,000  engineering design and construction related jobs will be created from about 2012 and beyond to deliver all these plants.

“The strategy we have adopted for the fertiliser project means that we can expect a significant increase in employment from the agricultural sector. In total, this initiative will result in over 500,000 direct and indirect jobs from construction, logistics, hotels and hospitality services, fabrication, banking and above all, agriculture,” President Jonathan declared.

Memoranda of Understanding (MOU), between Xenel/Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC); Nagarjuna, NNPC and Chevron  also took place at the occasion at which the award of a Central Franchise Area (CPF) to OANDO and AGIP was announced.

Under  a public-private sector partnership arrangement, the three-fold gas industrialisation agenda that will elevate Nigeria beyond current gas to power initiatives  involves the establishment of a Central Processing Facility in Oviakwu, Rivers State; a mega petrochemical plant; and two fertiliser plants to be sited in Lagos and Delta states.
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/19476-2
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by kokobiware: 9:35am On Mar 25, 2011
This is good talk. But in 1975, i was a student at secondary school and we made an excussion to Warri refinary. There, they told us the gas flairing in Warri would stop finally in 1980. Good luck to the President and all Nigerians for the new direction. I'm not a doubting Thomass. But now, untill i see this flairing of gas STOP FINALLY i will not belive again that it can happen.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 25, 2011
I dey laff, why I dey laff? because I no fit cry
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 25, 2011
Good move Mr.President!!!May the good Lord help bring this plan into reality.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by emekagh(m): 11:57am On Mar 25, 2011
500 thousand direct job, plus multiplier effect, if it become a reality as I believe it would. Then we are in for great time. Let's vote for Goodluck to avoid it being scuttled by reversals.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Gbawe: 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2011
if wishes were Horses . Ha ha ha ha . Jonathan has done nada to demonstrate the type of political will that gets things done . If anything , the reverse is the case with GEJ showing crass opportunism consistently. He is always indulging crime, criminality, indolence and corruption . Yet you people are here drooling about 500, 000 jobs ? Why don't we bring back Abacha and sing kumbaya around a fire naively waiting for the former despots to make good on his promise to industrialize Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by fellow(m): 12:05pm On Mar 25, 2011
Why is Jonathan always planning to create something? What about the Power Reform Bill? Is anything being done about it?

**smh
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Ofuks(m): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2011
GEJ the planner: Always planning, As for me and my house, seeing and touching is believing now; after all since I was born all I have known is bad governance so excuse me if I am skeptical about clapping for GEJ! grin grin grin undecided
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Gbawe: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2011
Ofuks:

GEJ the planner: Always planning, As for me and my house, seeing and touching is believing now; after all since I was born all I have known is bad governance so excuse me if I am skeptical about clapping for GEJ! grin grin grin undecided

Don't mind the rabid fans of GEJ. The man has a mediocre history as a politician . He is described as an "underwhelming" administrator by the Americans. GEJ himself admits he was not chosen as VP because he was the best man for the job. In office , as substantive President , we have seen nothing but negatives , opportunism  and a pathetic failure to lead effectively from GEJ. Yet some still hold out hope he will deliver on promises made ? Those who label Nigerians as the happiest folks on earth do us a disservice . They should actually state that we are the people most comfortable with mediocrity, gross administrative incompetence and avoidable suffering heaped on us by decietful empty-barrels masquerading as leaders.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by 1025: 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2011
jonathan TO CREATE. jonathan WILL BUILD.
one important thing to note in everything about jonathan is future tense.
ok, since nigerians are this foolish, vote for me, i will create 1 million jobs in my two months in office. nigeria will have steady power supply in 6 months. i will rebuild all the federal roads in 5 months. in fact, i will give free eduation to phd levels. marriage will be made free in nigeria.i will make accomomdation free for all nigerians. in my first yr in office, every nigerian that is up to 20 yrs will be given a car for free.i will delete crime from nigeria in 2012.
it is not only jonathan that can make promises. funny enough, all these promises will be fulfilled in his 4yrs in office and fools and thanking God. what have u achieved in the 1 yr u have ruled to prove that you will do all these in 4 yrs.
it is all in the spirit of third term agenda. all those in power in nigeria today are those who supported third term agenda. obasanjo is still ruling from behind.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
blink182:

I dey laff, why I dey laff? because I no fit cry
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I dON lOFF sO TAy sHI.t DOn COMMOT FOR mY yanSH. MY GUY U FUNN Y O. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2011
1025:

ok, since nigerians are this foolish, vote for me, i will create 1 million jobs in my two months in office. nigeria will have steady power supply in 6 months. i will rebuild all the federal roads in 5 months. in fact, i will give free eduation to phd levels. marriage will be made free in nigeria.i will make accomomdation free for all nigerians. in my first yr in office, every nigerian that is up to 20 yrs will be given a car for free.i will delete crime from nigeria in 2012.
it is not only jonathan that can make promises. funny enough, all these promises will be fulfilled in his 4yrs in office and fools and thanking God. what have u achieved in the 1 yr u have ruled to prove that you will do all these in 4 yrs.
it is all in the spirit of third term agenda. all those in power in nigeria today are those who supported third term agenda. obasanjo is still ruling from behind.

GbaM!!!!
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by mrofficial(m): 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2011
Mistake!!! Kokolet GEJ to provide 500,000 kokolets. LWTMB!
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by blacksta(m): 1:06pm On Mar 25, 2011
The best Job that would suit GEJ is the role of  a Wedding Planner  - absolute useless.  I have been consistent with  my views over 4 years now.  GEJ Is a man with plenty ideas but seriously deficient of service delivery and Implementation.

God will grant us all long life - so we can bring this thread back alive and prove that with GEJ in government - nothing will change.

Japan rebuilt an earthquake damaged express way in six days - That feat beats everything (if any) GEJ has done for Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2011
THE IDI.OT NAMED GEJ COMMISSIONED A FEW REFURBISHED 19TH CENTURY TRAINS AND STARTED BOASTING LOUDLY HOW HE REVIVED THE NIGERIAN RAILWAY SYSTEM FOR GOOD. SHAME ON HIM. HE SHOULD COMPARE THOSE  FOSSIL TRAINS WITH ITS COUNTERPARTS IN JAPAN, CHINA AND OTHER DEVELOPING COUNTRIES LIKE MALAYSIA.

RUBBISH!!
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Ibime(m): 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2011
The only way the LNG industry can create 500,000 jobs is if they employ youths to fetch the gas with bucket and ferry it from one flow station to the next instead of using pipeline.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Barkono: 1:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
Japan rebuilt an earthquake damaged express way in six days - That feat beats everything (if any) GEJ has done for Nigeria.
@blacsta, abeg no wound me with laffta. Anyway itta no laffing matter. The air-head called Gej, was given 10months to prove himself. The disaster we are experiencing right now in Nigeria, is worst than Japan/Myanmar's combined. May we deliver ourselves o.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2011
1025:

The man' hard work to see true democracy at work by building an INEC that is truely independent is remarkable. Even if he doesnt do any other thing, that is enough. Yet, I know that a lot has been achieved. Since his days, high profile killings has stopped. The media is so free and does not have the goverment breathing down their necks, Steady availability of petroluem products which hiterto proved impossible, and no interference in the affairs of the Judicary are all pointers that we have a leader that we need. Yet, I know that the BB fanfare has blinded many that even white will turn black.

When Mr President was critized for bringing back Nigerians who were trapped in Eygpt, was when I concluded that Ngieria is really sick and might not recover.

What many of you dont realise yet is this:
Head or tail, Jonathan "wins". Loosing to Buhari will not be his end, rather that will equally elavet his status as a states man, and the world will honour him for being such a great heart. The man is commited to a free and fair elections. We all have our convinctions, let us do our part and leave the rest for God and those in authority.
I have made up my mind, to accept Jega's results whether in favour of or against Jonathan. Every other person should have the same mind set., but if you guys prefere that Nigeria must burn simply beause your candidate lost, then be my guests. Who knows, while Ngieria is burning, Biafra might arise and that to fall no more.
Happy weekend to you all.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
Gbawe:

if wishes were Horses . Ha ha ha ha . Jonathan has done nada to demonstrate the type of political will that gets things done . If anything , the reverse is the case with GEJ showing crass opportunism consistently. He is always indulging crime, criminality, indolence and corruption . Yet you people are here drooling about 500, 000 jobs ? Why don't we bring back Abacha and sing kumbaya around a fire naively waiting for the former despots to make good on his promise to industrialize Nigeria?

Well if you must bring back Abacha,then see the Dictator Buhari who serve him,they are one of the same side of a coin!
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by EzeUche2(m): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2011
O ye of little faith! angry
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2011
GEJ enemies get jittery here when they his see his positive vison and moves.They want the project to fall from heaven,they dont want any plan,any contract to be signed or any scouts for a reputable company that can bring such plan into existence.They just want the bastadisation of the power sector that took over 50 years by other leaders to be fix in less than a year by GEJ.These are GEJ blind haters that have not achieve anything in their personal live,many of them must have been toiling for over 25 years and can not say this is what I have achieved as a person.Tthey come here and put the 50 years fustration that the leaders from their tribes destroyed Nigeria and rendered them and their parents useless with poverty on GEJ.These set of people must either be living in a dream world or they are just being economical with the truth to themselves because of blind hatred for GEJ.Some mention Japan that is the second largest economy in the world fixing road within 6 days as if their Dictator Buhari was able to achieve same while in office for almost 2 years.I want you all to know that GEJ will win this election and permanently put an end to your expired and Dictator politician(Buhari) wicked,dangerous,tribal and religious ambition and there is nothing anybody can do about that.If the country will burn let it burn,to thy tenth oh Israel!
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 25, 2011
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 26, 2011
Donlittle:

havent pdp been signing and signing and plannin for the passt 12 years? what did we see?? abegi

Sorry my dear,that same PDP is what we have in all other Major political parties that want the presidency now,the PDP makes 50% of those currently in ACN and make 90% of those currently in CPC so what are we talking about.I as a person do not believe in ACN,PDP,CPC or any of the parties for that matter currently in the Nigeria political space.I am supporting someone like GEJ who has shown the committment to open the democratic space where the press is so free to say shit and they are not arrested and intimidated like Buhari did.Where opposition like the Dictator Buhari and Ribadu can say anything they want without intimidation and where they are 100% sure of winning this election because of the faith they have in the system.Now who has made all this possible? The divine moving train GEJ!I am going for GEJ and not PDP because there are PDP in all the major political parties so let us stop deceiving ourselves that PDP as it currently is,is our problem.Aliero in Kebbi state was Governor under PDP for 8 years is now in CPC,the Governorship candidates in all the North west state of CPC were all members of PDP.The ACN candidates in Ebonyi,Akwa-Ibom,Benue ,Rivers etc where and are supported by former Governor who served PDP for 8 years like Obong Victor Attah,Peter Odili,Sam Egwu and former Benue state Governor etc.So let us stop this wild and self delusion of using PDP as an excuse.We are talking of individuals and Buhari even in the interview has shown himself to be an expired politician.Ribadu shows he is still a boy.So we are going to vote for the man who is unassuming,an achiever who does not make noise.we dont need those who will come and change all these good plans just for the sake of change.
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Kobojunkie: 4:03am On Mar 26, 2011
1025:

[size=13pt]jonathan TO CREATE. jonathan WILL BUILD.
[/size]

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Bayelsans are still waiting for him to deliver on the promises he gave them for his 18 months as their State Governor, and the more than 6 years prior!
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Kobojunkie: 4:05am On Mar 26, 2011
Barkono:

@blacsta, abeg no wound me with laffta. Anyway itta no laffing matter. The air-head called Gej, was given 10months to prove himself. The disaster we are experiencing right now in Nigeria, is worst than Japan/Myanmar's combined. May we deliver ourselves o.
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by apoti(m): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2011
Ibime:

The only way the LNG industry can create 500,000 jobs is if they employ youths to fetch the gas with bucket and ferry it from one flow station to the next instead of using pipeline.

this guy don kill me oooo grin grin fetch gas with bucket shocked
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by apoti(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2011
noblezone:

The man' hard work to see true democracy at work by building an INEC that is truely independent is remarkable. Even if he doesnt do any other thing, that is enough. Yet, I know that a lot has been achieved. Since his days, high profile killings has stopped. The media is so free and does not have the goverment breathing down their necks, Steady availability of petroluem products which hiterto proved impossible, and no interference in the affairs of the Judicary are all pointers that we have a leader that we need. Yet, I know that the BB fanfare has blinded many that even white will turn black.

You can't conclude that INEC is fully independent until after the elections

noblezone:

Head or tail, Jonathan "wins". Loosing to Buhari will not be his end, rather that will equally elavet his status as a states man, and the world will honour him for being such a great heart. The man is commited to a free and fair elections. We all have our convinctions, let us do our part and leave the rest for God and those in authority.

Did you hear about d ban on the use of phones and cameras during the elections?
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by nastydamus(m): 9:15am On Mar 26, 2011
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Beaf: 9:49am On Mar 26, 2011
noblezone:

When Mr President was critized for bringing back Nigerians who were trapped in Eygpt, was when I concluded that Ngieria is really sick and might not recover.

I have made up my mind, to accept Jega's results whether in favour of or against Jonathan. Every other person should have the same mind set., but if you guys prefere that Nigeria must burn simply beause your candidate lost, then be my guests. Who knows, while Ngieria is burning, Biafra might arise and that to fall no more.
Happy weekend to you all.

Word. cool

Most of those who blindly criticise are people that were bumped off their lucrative jobs, stealing petroleum products. Well, their ranks will soon swell, cos PHCN folk and the generator mafia will soon be joining in. grin

Regardless of what the no-hopers say, Nigeria will make impressive strides under GEJ. The gas master-plan is something to be applauded, cos its been known for decades that Nigeria can make much more money from gas and ancillary industries to the petroleum sector. It is envisaged that our income will multiply by 7, from $102billion to a whopping $687billion with GEJ's detailed plans.

GEJ is da man. cool
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by DisGuy: 2:29am On Sep 12, 2011
detailed plansssssss

angry
Re: Jonathan To Create 500,000 Jobs With Gas Revolution by Kobojunkie: 2:33am On Sep 12, 2011
6 Months Later, Na this same Jonathan?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-757428.0.html  grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Global Franchisers, Consultants Jostle For $3.5bn Nigerian Market / Please Respect The President / BAGA: Journalists, Activists Lies Exposed As On-the-spot Assessment Report Revea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.