Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,528 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? (25196 Views)

We Fabricate All Sizes Of Trailer Body,flat Body, Tankers Etc / Dangote Refinery, Free Trade Zone Lift Lagos Real Estate / Selling: Diamond Estate Phase 3,ibeju-lekki.10mins Drive Before Dangote Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Katlyst(m): 2:01am On Dec 14, 2020
Considering the hype about Lekki as hotcake destination for real estate investment,
the presence of an oil refinery creates jobs and brings rapid development to surrounding communities. However, Lagos is still having traffic issues with Apapa sea port and it's beyond the control of Presidency.

Will Apapa trucks disappear with the arrival of Lagos to Ibadan railway?
Will Dangote oil tankers make Lekki unattractive?
Will FG compel Dangote to use only shipping routes (Lekki to Apapa, Warri and Calabar)?

But Dangote Group Executive Director Devakumar Edwin told an OTL (Oil Trading and Logistics) Expo in Lagos that fuels would go via “shuttle” boats to Nigerian cities Warri and Calabar, and that other deliveries would go in trucks.

https://in.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-oil-dangote-idINKBN1X824I
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Moferere: 3:27am On Dec 14, 2020
That's their headaches, what is percentage of Lagosians staying in Lekki?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by chozzy: 4:20am On Dec 14, 2020
Moferere:
That's their headaches, what is percentage of Lagosians staying in Lekki?

Oga, are you saying Lekki - Chevron - Ajah - Abraham Adesanya - Epe is not big?
Besides, you didn't understand his question.

OP,
Yes, obviously!
I fear the oil tankers could turn that axis to another Oshodi-Apapa.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by realstars: 4:33am On Dec 14, 2020
Their Money, Their Porcket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by ednut1(m): 4:46am On Dec 14, 2020
He will still make use of apapa via the sea and epe road

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by LawLab247: 5:34am On Dec 14, 2020
Once upon a time, FESTAC was the place to be for some of the creme de la creme of Lagos. FESTAC will happen to Lekki. Contact us for CAC Company registration, Business Name registration, NGO/Foundation/Club/Union/Church registration, Trademark,TIN, SCUML etc.Visit www. e nigeria .org or click HERE to chat with us

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by islandpeople6: 5:47am On Dec 14, 2020
Yes

1 Like

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by ntyce(m): 5:50am On Dec 14, 2020
I think this would have been factored in by the Govt and Dangote.

I'm sure they have plans cos Lekki is for the rich, they won't want to turn their abode to another Apapa.

The trucks may be forced to go through Epe and make Epe people suffer.

22 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by austine4real(m): 5:51am On Dec 14, 2020
Dem wan spoil awa lekki
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by daewoorazer(m): 5:51am On Dec 14, 2020
angry

Visit www.google.com for all questions

4 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by parkervero(m): 5:52am On Dec 14, 2020
I don't know
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 14, 2020
It will be a big challenge for we ooo. But any way is a way, we move!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Thelucifer666(m): 5:53am On Dec 14, 2020
With how lawless nigeria is expect a lot of gridlock and possible explosions.

I expect nothing less from the poverty capital of the world.

7 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by tygar(m): 5:53am On Dec 14, 2020
well
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Biodun556(m): 5:53am On Dec 14, 2020
Katlyst:
Considering the hype about Lekki as hotcake destination for real estate investment,
the presence of an oil refinery creates jobs and brings rapid development to surrounding communities. However, Lagos is still having traffic issues with Apapa sea port and it's beyond the control of Presidency.

Will Apapa trucks disappear with the arrival of Lagos to Ibadan railway?
Will Dangote oil tankers make Lekki unattractive?
Will FG compel Dangote to use only shipping routes (Lekki to Apapa, Warri and Calabar)?

But Dangote Group Executive Director Devakumar Edwin told an OTL (Oil Trading and Logistics) Expo in Lagos that fuels would go via “shuttle” boats to Nigerian cities Warri and Calabar, and that other deliveries would go in trucks.

https://in.reuters.com/article/us-nigeria-oil-dangote-idINKBN1X824I

I trust Lagos state. Some reasonable would have been put in place

3 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by GeneralPula: 5:54am On Dec 14, 2020
Ask your state commissioner for information..

He knows better..

angry
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Marvieduke(f): 5:54am On Dec 14, 2020
I doubt if it will make it attractive because the more the tankers the more congestion of space and lots of traffic

5 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 5:55am On Dec 14, 2020
It's meant to be a refinery not a fuel depot.

Most of the petroleum products deliveries from Dangote Refineries will be channelled through oil vessels, via the Atlantic ocean, to various fuel depots in Apapa, Warri, Oghara, Koko, Calabar, Uyo, Port-harcourt, Onne etc. Tankers, in most cases, receive products from depots and not directly from refineries.

The value chain will look like this: Refinery - Fuel Depots - Tankers.

Wealth/Value ought to be spread amongst these three channels and not between two.

You over-hyped Lekkians, with your brownish bore-hole water and flood-prone streets are pretty safe. You lots have enough problems already. Ẹ ma bẹru rara.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by ATEAMS: 5:56am On Dec 14, 2020
Probably....
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by DenreleDave(m): 5:58am On Dec 14, 2020
Maybe ooo
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 14, 2020
There are 200 million Nigerians... Less than 2% live in Lekki.

Let the dead bury the dead abeg.
This is not a matter of national concern.

3 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Icon4s(m): 5:59am On Dec 14, 2020
undecided
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by CodeTemplar: 6:00am On Dec 14, 2020
He should be smart enough to build a pipeline to a less congested location from where his product will be lifted to other States.

5 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by hola106(m): 6:01am On Dec 14, 2020
Am very sure it will promote actives around that environment soon also epe will be the biggest advantage and beneficiary of these more my concern is the road leading inward and out of Epe

1 Like

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:02am On Dec 14, 2020
Yes, Dangote trucks will beautify Lekki with explosions

And guess what No government will hold him accountable

Forget the attractive or beautification, I fear for people's lives

5 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Cutealexio(m): 6:05am On Dec 14, 2020
I know the rail line will be extended to Apapa port but I don't think the same will be done for Lekki seaport where Dangote refinery is also located. If this is done it will help reduce the number of fuel trucks that plies that road because the refinery will surely attract oil depots to that area and the petroleum products can be the transported by rail instead, but also the road needs additional lanes, trailer parks and also proper traffic law enforcement to discourage law breakers. Heavy duty trucks should only be allowed to ply that road between 12am and 6am. As the place will be heavily industrialized and low paid workers can't afford to get an apartment there, the government should improve public transport infrastructure there (Additional BRTs and a bus station). I see a lot of developers using Dangote refinery to advertise their properties, I see this as a minus because no sane person will want to live right next to a refinery or an industrial area because of the effects on health

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by naptu2: 6:05am On Dec 14, 2020
No

1) Remember that Ibeju Lekki and Lekki are different.

2) The Dangote Jetty

3) The Ijebu-Lekki Road

4) The Lagoon Jetty

5) The Green Line Rail.
Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Antibot5: 6:06am On Dec 14, 2020
alexistaiwo:
There are 200 million Nigerians... Less than 2% live in Lekki.

Let the dead bury the dead abeg.
This is not a matter of national concern.

Less than 2% live in lekki?

What are you saying??

1 Like

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by chibjohn(m): 6:07am On Dec 14, 2020
Yes. You should expect higher truck vehicular activities on Lekki-Epe expressway.

2 Likes

Re: Will Dangote Oil Tankers Make Lekki Unattractive? by Fheelzz(m): 6:09am On Dec 14, 2020
Na their own headache be that grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please What Is The Recommended Soak Away Size For A Small Bungalow / Perfect Interior And Exterior Wall Screeding Now Available / Painting And Decorating Of A Nairalander's 4 Bedroom Duplex at Ogun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.