Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. (5050 Views)

TB Joshua: Why Synagogue Will NEVER Sue BBC And AJOKE Joshua / Prophet Muhammed Said Adam Was 60 Cubit Tall (98.4251969 Feet) / TB Joshua: Why I Left South Sudan Quietly Without Thank You In Cash Or Kind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 10:32pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What the heck are you still on about?

Your apostle, in the OPs report there, did not suggest a mystery of any kind-science is not mysterious" in it's claims at all. So please stop with the "spiritual" bull-sheet and stick to what is known. According to the report, Selman does not indeed believe that Adam was the first man, a position taken by the Bible books. So, what again are you having a problem with? undecided

I am not even against folks picking any side in this. What I am against is attempts at trying to justify Selmans claim by suggesting the confusion stems from the Bible's stance in this. undecided

I ain't justifying anything, I know little and better to do that on matters like these, voicing 'em out on platforms as these... cos I understand how things like these get some pips all worked up.. I keep my opinion on matters like these to my self, Mister.
its a lil better if we talk face to face sef.
and I won't downplay what he said...watin I sabi, I am still learning. you are free to air your opinion always as I never aired mine its a free world though...in some sense.
and I am not having a problem with any thing on here as I never agreed or disagree to his or your own words...I feel you should read my (1) comments again to really understand what I am getting on. like I said earlier on, I dey cruise somehow with the comment section.

2 Likes

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2020
2Lynx:

I ain't justifying anything I know little and better to do that on matters like these, voicing 'em out on platforms as these... cos I understand how things like these get some pips all worked up.. I keep my opinion on matters like these to my self Mister.
its a lil better of we talk face to face self.
and I won't downplay what he said...watin I sabi, I am still learning
Let me let you know the obvious secret of the century! Whenever your so-called men of god / pastors/preacher start throwing around words like "spiritual", " mystery", "heavenly rhelm", and all the other nonsense I like to call spiritual bull-sheet, what they are in fact attempting to do Is to justify their many lies by pretending the fault lies with the Bible's stance.

The Bible was written by humans in human language to be read and understood using basic human comprehension skills -no spiritual bull sheet inserted. So when the author of Genesis I.e. Moses, wrote that Adam was the first man, it is just that...Moses, believed and wrote what he believed. That message was echoed in other books in the same Bible by other human authors, so it is clear in human understanding what the Bible stance is.

If you are suggesting that Selmans words are born of his opinion in this...then there is an even bigger problem. Jesus Christ sent His followers out to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, not preach their own opinion as gospel, so why is this so-called apostle not aware that his opinion matters for nothing in all of this? undecided

I mean I have my own opinions as well but I would never subjugate the truth of God to my own opinions. That amounts to heresy, what Jesus Christ warned His followers to stay away from. undecided

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 11:01pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Let me let you know the obvious secret of the century! Whenever your so-called men of god / pastors/preacher start throwing around words like "spiritual", " mystery", "heavenly rhelm", and all the other nonsense I like to call spiritual bull-sheet, what they are in fact attempting to do Is to justify their many lies by pretending the fault likes with the Bible's stance.

The Bible was written by humans in human language to be read and understood using basic human comprehension skills -no spiritual bull sheet inserted. So when the author of Genesis I.e. Moses writes that Adam was the first man, it is just that...Moses believed and wrote what he believed. That message was echoed in other books in the same Bible by other human authors, so it is clear in human understanding what the Bible stance is.

If you are suggesting that Selmans words are born of his opinion in this...then there is an even bigger problem. Jesus Christ sent His followers out to reach the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven, not to preach their own opinion as gospel, so why is this so-called apostle not aware that his opinion matters for nothing in all of this?
I mean I have my own opinions as well but I would never subjugate the truth of God to my own opinions. That amounts to heresy, what Jesus Christ warned His followers to stay away from.
since you never want to acknowledge the workings of the holy spirit as a teacher who helps in helping us understand the scriptures as i hitherto listed, what should I say again than to make you feel the wisdom which you want to feel.
I don even tire sef cos I know even take anything seriously here abi you get telekinesis ability to know my stance on these matter. even if I openly support him in words my opinion are mine and if I support you my opinion are mine to as I am legitimately entitled to them without any prejudice. besides I never said anywhere on here that you were wrong in your assertions as I knew it would get to these.
I still believe Jesus's words of the holy spirit bringing all things to our remembrance and also teaching us things we know not Luke 12:12, Luke 20:21 for Jesus made them truly understand some things which they think they already knew about the prophets of old , yet these guys were Pharisees and jews too, custodians of the holy book, you might say. JOHN 14:26, 1 CORINTH 2:13, Colossians 3:16, 1john 2:27. I would never and I never did assume I know anything about the scriptures than you do cos obviously I know you do know much. Who I be na lol
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
2Lynx:

since you never want to acknowledge the workings of the holy spirit as a teacher who helps in helping is understand the scriptures as i hitherto listed what should I say again than to make you feel the wisdom which you want to feel.
I don even tire sef cos I know even take anything seriously here abi you get telekinesis ability to know my stance on these matter. even if I openly support him in words my opinion are mine and if I support you my opinion are mine to as I am legitimately entitled to them without any prejudice. besides I never said anywhere on here that you were wrong in your assertions as I knew it would get to these.
I still believe Jesus's words of the holy spirit bringing all things to our remembrance and also teaching us things we know not

Me? Never want to acknowledge the Spirit of God? I am afraid you are thoroughly deceived there.

The word of God, you are told, is Truth. So, any understanding that comes from God, as Jesus Christ made it clear, will never go against or invalidate the word of God as given to us through His prophets, and even through Jesus Christ Himself.

So, when you find these "spiritual" bull-sheet teachings, you find they all tend to contradict the word of God either through His prophet or directly through the mouth of Jesus Christ, but in the name of God because the source of such lies is almost always claimed to be the Spirit of God. Yes, these so-called men of god tend to pin their claims on the spirit of God as if to suggest that the Spirit of God is able to get away with skewing the truth of God.

But we know that God does not lie and He does not change His mind at all. So when you have a spirit that suggests that God indeed does change His mind, what does that tell you such a spirit? undecided
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 11:22pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Me? Never want to acknowledge the Spirit of God? I am afraid you are thoroughly deceived there.

The word of God, you are told, is Truth. So, any understanding that comes from God, as Jesus Christ made it clear, will never go against or invalidate the word of God as given to us through His prophets, and even through Jesus Christ Himself.

So, when you find these "spiritual" bull-sheet teachings, you find they all tend to contradict the word of God either through His prophet or directly through the mouth of Jesus Christ, but in the name of God because the source of such lies is almost always claimed to be the Spirit of God. Yes, these so-called men of god tend to pin their claims on the spirit of God as if to suggest that the Spirit of God is able to get away with skewing the truth of God.

But we know that God does not lie and He does not change His mind at all. So when you have a spirit that suggests that God indeed does change His mind, what does that tell you such a spirit? undecided

ok
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 2Lynx(m): 11:42pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kobojunkie:

ohh thank goodness you "acknowledged the workings of the spirit of God"
cos i thought your subsequent post were saying otherwise.
goodnight though
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by CAPSLOCKED: 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2020
TODAY I WATCHED A CATHOLIC TV SHOW WHERE VIEWERS SENT QUESTIONS AND A PRIEST ATTENDED TO EACH OF THEM. NOT SURE IT WAS LIVE BECAUSE HE WAS STRAIGHT TO THE POINT AND ALWAYS LOOKED DOWN AT SOMETHING (PROBABLY A PIECE WITH ALL THE ANSWERS WRITTEN BEFOREHAND), AND THERE WERE CUTS TOO.

ANYWAY, I WAS ABSENTMINDED UNTIL HE STARTED TO TALK ABOUT ADAM AND JOB. THIS CATHOLIC REVEREND SAID THAT THOSE STORIES COULD BE FACTUAL INFORMATION OR MYTH, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER AS LONG AS THEY'RE IN THE BIBLE "JUST TO ILLUSTRATE CERTAIN POINTS". HE ALSO ADDED THAT MOST PARTS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT CONTAINS SYMBOLIC INFORMATION AND NOT NECESSARILY REAL FACTS.

LOL. THESE GUYS MUST BE KIDDING THEMSELVES.
LIKE I'VE ALWAYS POINTED OUT SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL, RELIGIOUS LEADERS AND RECTORS DON'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN YOUR RELIGION AND THESE SILLY STORIES ABOUT RIB WOMAN AND TALKING ANIMALS. THEY'RE JUST THERE FOR THE CASH AND THEY MUST CONTINUE TO SELL THIER LIES AS IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO RETAIN THE FLOCK.

ALL THANKS TO THE NEW TESTAMENTS, THEY CAN ASK CURIOUS AND DOUBTING BELIEVERS TO IGNORE THE OLD TESTAMENT AND FOCUS ON JESUS CHRIST WHO DIED AND HAS GIVEN THEM "GRACE" TO PROSPER AND ACHIEVE MANY THINGS AS LONG AS THEY KEEP PRAYING, COMING TO CHURCH, AND GIVING UP THEIR CASH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by OkCornel(m): 6:20am On Dec 15, 2020
Apostle Joshua Selman is spot on in my opinion.

Let’s think along these lines.

A) When Cain killed Abel, who were the “other people” Cain was afraid might revenge on Abel’s behalf before God gave him a mark of protection?

Genesis 4 v 14-15;

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the Lord said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

B) If Adam, Eve, Cain, his sisters and descendants were the only humans on earth at the time. Please who was Cain constructing a city for?

Genesis 4 v 16-17;

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by petra1(m): 6:24am On Dec 15, 2020
Jashub:
I have always been a fan of Joshua Selma but that particular message is just off. But if he has given scriptural backing (of which he does often) to prove his message, then who am I to rebuke it.

Of course Adam was not the first man created. Theee is a pre Adamite world millions of years old where dinosaurs and mammoths existed . Even the pyramids of Egypt

Wherr
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by 77star: 10:43pm On Jul 14, 2021
Coming back to read

1 Like

Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Feb 08, 2023
Dannyfan:
I come accross this message a week ago on Vanguard News Page on Facebook, I was so confused that I had to conclude it's a fake news, because Apostle Selman is someone I love so much as a pastor. Just yesterday I saw the update on a friend status. I had to ask him what he has to say on the topic and if he had the message himself.
Now I am bringing this topic to nairaland so that people will have to contribute and share their opinions. All your contributions are greatly welcome. Note:- please you can share me if you have this message by Apostle Selman.
Jesus Christ rightly warned His followers to steer clear of the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches/assembly halls) for this very purpose.

Adam is recorded as the first man that was created in scripture. Adam is also recorded to have been created from the physical clay of this earth. That the Sons of men came down in Genesis 6 to take wives, does not change any of that which is clearly indicated in scripture. Changing that around in any way to include interpretations with no scriptural backing amounts to preaching lies using the name of God. undecided
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by MightySparrow: 10:40pm On Feb 08, 2023
Dannyfan:
I come accross this message a week ago on Vanguard News Page on Facebook, I was so confused that I had to conclude it's a fake news, because Apostle Selman is someone I love so much as a pastor. Just yesterday I saw the update on a friend status. I had to ask him what he has to say on the topic and if he had the message himself.
Now I am bringing this topic to nairaland so that people will have to contribute and share their opinions. All your contributions are greatly welcome.
Note:- please you can share me if you have this message by Apostle Selman.

http://community.vanguardngr.com/m/discussion?id=4565467%3ATopic%3A3013632

Which kind thing be dis na?
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Techobeys: 5:05am On Feb 09, 2023
I listened to the message last year, it was a long message and it was packed. He mentioned so much, how Genesis was not the beginning but the recreation; how the garden of Eden was not first given to Adam but Satan and other interesting things.

After listening to the message, I came to a reasonable conclusion that Joshua Selman is not the kind of Christian I need to associate myself with. My pastor also listened to the message and also concluded that Joshua Selman spoke out of the Bible.

I know many love him so much but I’m pleased to avoid anything to do with that man. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IIR8Gkkw38
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Techobeys: 5:14am On Feb 09, 2023
CAPSLOCKED:
TODAY I WATCHED A CATHOLIC TV SHOW WHERE VIEWERS SENT QUESTIONS AND A PRIEST ATTENDED TO EACH OF THEM. NOT SURE IT WAS LIVE BECAUSE HE WAS STRAIGHT TO THE POINT AND ALWAYS LOOKED DOWN AT SOMETHING (PROBABLY A PIECE WITH ALL THE ANSWERS WRITTEN BEFOREHAND), AND THERE WERE CUTS TOO.

ANYWAY, I WAS ABSENTMINDED UNTIL HE STARTED TO TALK ABOUT ADAM AND JOB. THIS CATHOLIC REVEREND SAID THAT THOSE STORIES COULD BE FACTUAL INFORMATION OR MYTH, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER AS LONG AS THEY'RE IN THE BIBLE "JUST TO ILLUSTRATE CERTAIN POINTS". HE ALSO ADDED THAT MOST PARTS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT CONTAINS SYMBOLIC INFORMATION AND NOT NECESSARILY REAL FACTS.

LOL. THESE GUYS MUST BE KIDDING THEMSELVES.
LIKE I'VE ALWAYS POINTED OUT SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL, RELIGIOUS LEADERS AND RECTORS DON'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN YOUR RELIGION AND THESE SILLY STORIES ABOUT RIB WOMAN AND TALKING ANIMALS. THEY'RE JUST THERE FOR THE CASH AND THEY MUST CONTINUE TO SELL THIER LIES AS IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO RETAIN THE FLOCK.

ALL THANKS TO THE NEW TESTAMENTS, THEY CAN ASK CURIOUS AND DOUBTING BELIEVERS TO IGNORE THE OLD TESTAMENT AND FOCUS ON JESUS CHRIST WHO DIED AND HAS GIVEN THEM "GRACE" TO PROSPER AND ACHIEVE MANY THINGS AS LONG AS THEY KEEP PRAYING, COMING TO CHURCH, AND GIVING UP THEIR CASH.

The greatest element of doubt is that it ignores facts. It says: I don’t care, I just know this. The mind that says that is unstable and will fall away soon. God wants us to know the truth, a heart that doesn’t care if what they know is the truth is falling away but holding on something but will eventually fall away with the right wave.

Many who says they’re Christians are doubted but sophisticated doubters like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IIR8Gkkw38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40JBRlJoKv0
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Jashub:
I have always been a fan of Joshua Selma but that particular message is just off. But if he has given scriptural backing (of which he does often) to prove his message, then who am I to rebuke it.
Then you should not have a problem reproducing said scriptural backing then so we can all better understand how that which is unscriptural was, according to God, rendered as so. undecided
■ Though he did not quote any scripture to buttress his claim, he perhaps may be referring to the sons of God mentioned in Genesis chapter 6v1-4. Some have referred to sons of God as fallen angels who mingled with man. Referring to the creation story, Selman said the word creation was invented to help man understand what took place when man was created pointing out however that in the realm of the spirit all things had been existing before creation. He said, “Adam was not the first man. Of course not. Adam was only the first man created in the image and likeness of God. Before his arrival there were other “humanoid” species. Both Science and the Bible agree on this.” Selman reasoned that the making of man already gives us an insight into how man should function.
■ His words, “The character that makes God, God is what man is created in. God made man in his image and he was told to have dominion. God created man a spirit, a holy spirit. The spirit of God is not the only holy spirit. Man has a holy spirit too. But the spirit of God is the holiest spirit.” He explained further that if God had left the spirit, he created like that, the spirit would be violating the laws of the terrestrial world. “Man would remain illegal. God made that man to rule on earth that means he must be made to be compatible with what is on earth. He made man from dust.
■ Man not made of sand only “When the Bible says man was made of dust, it is not just sand. Water is involved. 70 percent of man is water just like 70 percent of the earth is water. The bones of man were made in the similitude of rock that is why they don’t rot easily. The eyes of man are made in the similitude of water that is why even witches use water to see.”
■ With a knowledge of this truth, Selman said believers are able to appreciate that their authority in this earthly realm is based on the light of God they have. He said God “had to create something in man that became a connecting point between man and God so God could come to man in the cool of the day to interact with man. On that ground he could still speak to Cain and Cain could reply him. The man is compatible both on earth and in the realm of the spirit.”
The realisation that man was created in God’s image according to Selman was disturbing to Satan, he said, “every man has the ability to interact with the realm of the spirit. God designed this realm to be so vulnerable that it will ever depend on the realm of the spirit for it to function. “The earth has to depend on the realm of the spirit to function. God realised that man has an advantage in the realm of the spirit. It’s not unusual for man to experience the realm of the spirit. The advantage of the realm of the spirit is that it can take you to the past and the future almost in a split second. These are systems of advantage God built in man. The average believer who does not know what this realm is helpless.”
Adam had the ability of God in him Selma said, “Adam had the ability of God in him. He could do what God was supposed to do. That is why Adam was able to give names to the animals. But it was not Adam who gave the animals their known names, it was the scientists. What the Bible means about Adam naming the animals was that he was the one who gave the animals their identities because he had the supernatural ability of God.
“It was man who had access to the mind of Christ who could reproduce what God could have done. God works through a creation he had built to take advantage of the spirit to supply intelligence. Somewhere along the line, that bridge was broken and man began to struggle.”
"From the Lord’s prayer, Selman said God wanted his kingdom to be a reality here on earth adding also that from “the story of Job we discover that nothing happens in the physical without it first happening in the spiritual. Satan went to God and took permission to afflict Job. We are able to understand that trouble does not just come, it is calculated. But your ignorance allows it to happen. Nothing just happens.
“From the foundation of the earth the lamb was slain. There is nothing that can happen in this realm that has not happened in the spiritual realm. In the realm of the spirit, all things exist. It is already a reality. It is now your responsibility to put in place what does not line with the scripture.”
1. What scriptural backing is there for Adam not being the first man? undecided

2. What scriptural backing is there for the claim that man had a holy spirit of his own at the point of his creation? undecided

3. undecided

4. What was it that God supposedly had to create within man that became a connecting point between man and God? undecided

5. Where is it written in scripture that every man has the ability to interact with the supposed spirit realm? undecided

6. Where is it indicated in scripture that God built a system of advantage for a man to access this supposed spirit realm? undecided

7. Where in scripture is it written that Adam had the ability of God inside of him?

8. Where is it written that man has access to the mind of Christ abeg? I mean what does that even mean? undecided

9. The Kingdom of God refers to the Nation of Priests God said He would set up for Himself of the stock of Israel in Exodus 19 vs 6. A Nation of actual Sons of God ruling over this world, so, where does Selman get this idea that from the Lord's prayer, it has to do with a manifestation of what he continues to refer to as a spiritual realm? undecided

10. From what foundation of the earth was what lamb slain? Where is this found in scripture? undecided
Re: Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. by Kobojunkie: 5:48am On Feb 09, 2023
OkCornel:
Apostle Joshua Selman is spot on in my opinion. Let’s think along these lines.
A) When Cain killed Abel, who were the “other people” Cain was afraid might revenge on Abel’s behalf before God gave him a mark of protection?
B) If Adam, Eve, Cain, his sisters and descendants were the only humans on earth at the time. Please who was Cain constructing a city for?
A. His own brethren maybe. They were after all tasked with multiplying and filling the earth. Of course, the ones who would go after Cain were likely those who would hold a grudge against him for his crime, well could you think of any others who would do that except for his own family? undecided

B. He was probably doing it for his own family and future. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ozubulu: Other Anambra Billionaires Who Built Churches / The Cult Of The Askers And Knøckers And Seekers / Salvation (spirit, Soul, And Body)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.