Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign (16895 Views)

Ihedioha’s Appointee, Fin Sec, Youth Leader Resign From PDP / Adamawa Deputy Speaker, Majority Leader Sacked / The Moment Jaafar Jaafar Left After Exposing Governor Ganduje At Kano Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by fergie001: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2020
The Speaker of Kano State House of Assembly, Abdulaziz Gafasa, and two other principal officers of the legislative body have resigned from their positions.

Mr Gafasa conveyed his decision through a letter to the Clerk of the House, dated December 14.

The speaker did not state the reason for his resignation in the letter.

He, however, thanked his colleagues in the 40-member assembly for their support and prayed to God to guide the new leadership.

An official of the Assembly, who asked not to be named because he was not authorised to speak to journalists, confirmed the resignation of Mr Gafasa and the two other principal officers to PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday.

The officers who also resigned, according to the source, are the majority leader, Kabiru Dashi, and his deputy, Tasiu Zabainawa.

A Kano lawmaker also confirmed the resignations saying the assembly will meet today to discuss the matter.

Efforts to reach the affected officials were not successful as they did not respond to calls and messages sent to them.

Although no reason was given for the resignation, it is believed to be related to recent primaries of the ruling party in the state.

The recent primaries of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) for the forthcoming Local Government elections in Kano caused disaffection among party leaders after some members accused the State Government and the party leadership of perpetrating injustice in the exercise.

The member representing Kano Municipal in the House of Representatives, Sha’aban Sharada, had alleged that the party’s leadership in Kano Municipal Local Government Area replaced delegates loyal to him prior to the primaries.

PremiumTimes

1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Jagznation(m): 10:02am On Dec 15, 2020
shocked
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Arrewa: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by kayusely70(m): 10:03am On Dec 15, 2020
Why?
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Racoon(m): 10:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Another Gandollar iberiberism loading

1 Like

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Nbotee(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Dem don force dis ones to resign.. Why would a resignation letter of such magnitude be handwritten in dis era? Dis is a dollar orchestrated resignation

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by cpu2006(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2020
GANDOLAR at work shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by AmVista: 10:20am On Dec 15, 2020
something is fishy

2 Likes

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by kutchs: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2020
Is that how poor the assembly and the speaker are that such a letter is handwritten?
Even if the speaker can't use the facility of the House of Assembly, doesn't he have his own personal letter head?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 15, 2020
Nice..

The recent primaries of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) for the forthcoming Local Government elections in Kano caused disaffection among party leaders after some members accused the State Government and the party leadership of perpetrating injustice in the exercise.

Those who are not comfortable with the way things are run should humbly resign. That's integrity..

These "saints" allegedly resigned because they believe that the State Government and the party leadership are unjust. They never commissioned some social media misfits to spam everywhere with calls for the leadership's resignation..

Hopefully, those unpatriotic and hypocritical clowns calling for President Mohammadu Buhari's resignation will take a cue from these principled principal officers and ask their sons and daughters to first resign.. Once this is done, then they'll have the "locus standi" to accuse President Mohammadu Buhari of refusing to "pick their calls".... Until then, we are strongly behind our beloved Baba and his administration and we pray that God Almighty will continue to strengthen him until Nigeria is uplifted...

God bless President Mohammadu Buhari.
God bless all patriotic Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

92 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by osamz007: 10:24am On Dec 15, 2020
SOMETHING FISHY.

THE TRUE STORY GO STILL COMMOT

SEE AS WRITING BAD. ABOKI NO GET LAPTOP TO TYPE SEF

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by kmst1: 10:28am On Dec 15, 2020
Shey Aboki no see cyber cafe to type letter shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by GOVERNMENT2: 10:35am On Dec 15, 2020
Arrewa:
Ok
MUNAFIQUN
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by slivertongue: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2020
It's called democracy
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by FirstSon01: 10:44am On Dec 15, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Nice..

Those who are not comfortable with the way things are run should humbly resign. That's integrity..

These "saints" allegedly resigned because they believe that the State Government and the party leadership are unjust. They never commissioned some social media misfits to spam everywhere with calls for the leadership's resignation..

Hopefully, those unpatriotic and hypocritical clowns calling for President Mohammadu Buhari's resignation will take a clue from these principled principal officers and ask their sons and daughters to also resign.. Once this is done, then they'll have the "locus standi" to accuse President Mohammadu Buhari of refusing to "pick their calls".... Until then, we are strongly behind our beloved Baba and his administration and we pray that God Almighty will continue to strengthen him until Nigeria is uplifted...

As dumb as ever

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by AdolfAboki(m): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Nice..

Hopefully, those unpatriotic and hypocritical clowns calling for President Mohammadu Buhari's resignation will take a cue from these principled principal officers and ask their sons and daughters to also resign.. Once this is done, then they'll have the "locus standi" to accuse President Mohammadu Buhari of refusing to "pick their calls".... Until then, we are strongly behind our beloved Baba and his administration and we pray that God Almighty will continue to strengthen him until Nigeria is uplifted...

I agree with you 100 percent boss. Don't mind those hypocrites. Corrupt nd hypocritical people everywhere!

God bless you too.

56 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by AdolfAboki(m): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2020
FirstSon01:

As dumb as ever

He's right. Ask your brother to resign first. Hypocrite

54 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2020
AdolfAboki:

I agree with you 100 percent boss. Din't mind those hypocrites. Corrupt nd hypocritical people everywhere!

God bless you too.

My brother, I appreciate your great words. Another rare patriot we have on this Forum.

God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.

56 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by imolile: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2020

1 Like

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Lagosianswag: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Hope they weren't given an offer they can't refuse shocked

I guess they don't want to swim with the fishes lipsrsealed

Too much #Godfatherism dey do me grin

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Jammy2012(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2020
My mind is telling me some people with little conscience and integrity left in them are leaving the tables of lies and deceit. Maybe to avoid being involved in same thing that happened in kastina. Just thoughts
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Orire01(m): 11:05am On Dec 15, 2020
Ok

I still sell affordable laptops with free delivery and pay on delivery.

Details on my signature.
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Judolisco(m): 11:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Ganduje na dictator... Him own go pass buhari own.. If dem allow am enter ASO rock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by GroundnutSoup9: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2020
Ordinary to type letter you no fit. undecided
Re: Kano Assembly Speaker, Majority Leader, Deputy Majority Leader Resign by Sunbulb(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2020
This doesn't look okay at all.

Do you need to have a visual identity for your brand

I'll design a logo, letterhead, busines card, receipt, invoice and flyer all together at #10k.

The link to my Whatsapp is in my signature. I'll share samples of previous works when you 'con-tact' me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polls: Northern Emirs Back Jega - Punch / Aisha Buhari Distributes Materials To Bauchi IDPs / FG Orders Weapons, Ammunition From Slovakia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.