Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors (16825 Views)

Israel To Impose Second Covid-19 Lockdown / 4 LUTH Doctors Now On Isolation Over Death Of Coronavirus Patient Who Lied / Luth Doctors Protest 5 Months Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by lalasticlala(m): 10:28am On Dec 16, 2020
Says some patients discharged in the past are coming down with virus

Resident Doctors at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, on Monday warned that Nigerians should be wary of COVID-19 second wave as some patients discharged of COVID-19 in the past are coming down with the virus again even as they posited that recent event suggests the country is in the middle of another pandemic.

Briefing journalists, President of ARD LUTH, Dr.Judith Jolayemi called on all citizens of Nigeria, organizations, institutions, and the government to return to the status quo by reinstating the previously initiated precautionary actions towards preventing the spread of the virus.

Jolayemi said: “Schools after vacating this month maybe considered to remain closed until the epidemic curve begins to reverse.

Government at all levels should continue to enforce laws regarding adherence to safety protocols, scale-up covid-19 testing, improve infrastructure and services across boarding including the airports and ensure the delivery of Covid-19 vaccines at the earliest time possible.”

Speaking, a Senior Registrar at the LUTH COVID-19 Isolation Centre, Dr Folarin Opawoye, Nigerians attitude towards the non-pharmaceutical guideline are making the country lose the gains it achieved in the past.

Opawoye who spoke during a COVID-19 Awareness briefing as part of the Association’s Week regretted that despite the successes recorded in the fight against COVID-19, the majority of the cases they are seeing suggest huge community transmission.

“The reality is that reopening of the airport is not the major factor but what we are doing to ourselves. When you want to access COVID-19 response, I think we have done a good job because compare to what was predicted and what is going on in other parts of the world. However, we can’t rest on our success because it’s not about how we started but how we end.”

Opawoye warned that people must do their part to avoid another lockdown, “Lockdown can be challenging especially in this environment because of socio-economic indices of the people. A lot of people have to go out every day before they can eat.

“But there are so many other things we can do without going through the lockdown, if everybody is wearing their nose mask, social and physical distance, avoid unnecessary gathering and travelling as recommended by NCDC.

He disclosed that doctors are tired of managing COVID-19 patients. “There was a time we have more than 100 cases on admission at the same time, you can imagine doing ward round for them that is very hard, we can’t go back to that time, so we are pleading with everybody.

“The reality with Covid-19 is that you can’t predict who will have a negative outcome. For instance, we have discharged 98 years old and lost five years old. If you say it is people with an underline condition that are at risk, you don’t know what you are carrying in your body because many people don’t go for a routine check. We have seen many healthy people that died from covid-19. We have seen people who have it and those who contracted it from them died.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/covid-19-nigeria-now-in-middle-of-second-wave-luth-doctors/

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by KingAttitude(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2020
First to comment since years on Nairaland, coincidentally on Professor Lalasticlala’s post.. i was wowed when i saw 758 new Covid-19 cases this morning.. it's well by God's grace, i dedicated this FTC to Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh: the doctor that sacrificed herself to prevent a national or possibly global catastrophe during ebola epidemic

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by donbachi(m): 10:30am On Dec 16, 2020
Lockdown loading....

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2020
If you cannot see the finger of God in this, then you are spiritually blind...

I know atheists will declare this post as nonsense, but the believers, who are the majority, will see the wisdom in it...

The truth is that we have sinned. We have committed a lot of abominable acts.. All in the name of civilization, we have forsaken God Almighty and ignored/taken for granted all His commandments.. Now that He has decided to punish us, we are running helter skelter for solutions; pointing accusing fingers, instead of repenting and making peace with Him.

Deuteronomy 28:61

The LORD will afflict you with every sickness and plague there is, even those not mentioned in this Book of Instruction, until you are destroyed.

Exodus 15:26

Saying, “If you will diligently listen to the voice of the Lord your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, your healer.”

2 Chronicles 16:12

In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was diseased in his feet, and his disease became severe. Yet even in his disease he did not seek the Lord, but sought help from physicians.

Now that we know where the problem came from, we should do the needful - surrender ourselves to God and ask for mercy.. Blaming the government for the rising insecurity, diseases and other disasters will not solve anything.

May God Almighty heal us...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by slimthugchimee2(m): 10:41am On Dec 16, 2020
Nawa
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Nbotee(m): 10:47am On Dec 16, 2020
Nigerians have completely ignored safety protocols and thrown caution to the wind.. Majority of dem still believe it's a scamdemic

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Kondomatic(m): 10:48am On Dec 16, 2020
Get ready people.

Lockdown Pro Max is coming

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Juliusmomoh: 10:56am On Dec 16, 2020
Are we truely in the era of endtime ?....
God abeg i never marry

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Juliusmomoh: 10:58am On Dec 16, 2020
KingAttitude:
First to comment since years on Nairaland, coincidentally on Professor Lalasticlala’s post.. i was wowed when i saw 758 new Covid-19 cases this morning.. it's well by God's grace, i dedicated this FTC to Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh: the doctor that sacrificed herself to prevent a national or possibly global catastrophe during ebola epidemic
Do you need my blessing ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Zico5(m): 10:59am On Dec 16, 2020
Who cares for the second wave of covid-19 in face of hunger. What has this government done to reduce the hunger in the land yet they repackage the covid-19 palliatives for their self benefits despite know that the level of suffering in the land is not a child play. May thunder fires anyone of them thinking of unnecessary lockdown. If covid-19 doesn't kill, hunger will surely do the justice. Set of oloriburuku people disguising as if they love the masses.

22 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Juliusmomoh: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2020
Nbotee:
Nigerians have completely ignored safety protocols and thrown caution to the wind.. Majority of dem still believe it's a scamdemic
Before nko?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by cjudy(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Them go soon release money, make Una no worry
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by IamPlato(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2020
I Am Satisfied With The Spread Of This Virus because It Shared Itself Evenly... Both The Poor And Rich Catches it, it Doesnt Matter How Much You Have In Your Account.

That Being Said, i Am Yet To See Who Has The Virus.

There Is A Simple Solution To Coronavirus.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Coronavirus123: 11:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Mumu country
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by SalafRider(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2020
Another looting strategy cooking
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by unity004(m): 11:00am On Dec 16, 2020
grin to me Covid 19 is overrated in Nigeria and e be like say na Covid 19 be de only Chinese product wey done last long so far even their so-called 4G no last

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:00am On Dec 16, 2020
It is well

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by bluefilm: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2020
#COVIDIOTS angry

Second wave kill una dia

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Juliusmomoh: 11:01am On Dec 16, 2020
TheBestOfAll03:
L
L for lockdown
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Eliizabeth321(f): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2020
May Almighty God continue saving us and our family out of it amen!

Please try to check my signature please!
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Lorlahlizzy(f): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2020
People are not even using nose masks and maintaining social distancing again
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Sonnobax15(m): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2020
shocked. Another wahala don dey come oh....
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by jericco1(m): 11:02am On Dec 16, 2020
Useless people
Wave ko tsunami ni angry undecided

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by obicoolnino: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2020
Which stupid reinfection, all these lies being spewed out just to make money because they know the cure is out and to cash out, they'll need high number of positive cases.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Bizibi(m): 11:03am On Dec 16, 2020
Nbotee:
have you forgotten about the palliatives and the billions we didn't see.

They should not even think about lockdown....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by ukaface(f): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2020
Dear Nigerians
Covid 19 is real, and yes,it's real in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Karmatyra(f): 11:05am On Dec 16, 2020
They are doing everything possible to checkmark christmass!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In Middle Of Second COVID-19 Wave, ReInfections Happening - LUTH Doctors by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 16, 2020
IamPlato:
I Am Satisfied With The Spread Of This Virus because It Shared Itself Evenly... Both The Poor And Rich Catches it, it Doesnt Matter How Much You Have In Your Account.

That Being Said, i Am Yet To See Who Has The Virus.

There Is A Simple Solution To Coronavirus.

Yes, because out of 200million Nigerians , less than 70000 have been infected, with less than 1,300 deaths.

Your chances of seeing a covid19 patient for now are still very low.

Also, Nigeria has not been as exposed to this virus as the US, where 93 million Americans travelled out in 2018, and probably more in 2019...many to hotspots like China and Europe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For January 14 2021 In Nigeria / Remove Camphor From Your Newborns, It Causes Jaundice – Aproko Doctor / First Class Method To Prevent Pregnancy.(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.