Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,660 members, 7,851,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? (12391 Views)

Chioma: Erisco Changes Name As Boycott Bites Hard / Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands / Why Everyone Should Boycott First City Monument Bank (FCMB) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
[s][/s]
Unwise impostor

I'm not an unwise impostor , young man. Islam is traditional to me by birth.Don't cancel my comments.

Swear to Allah if the Alfa/Imam in your place of worship did not tell you to boycott French products. That's the contention here.
Answer the question and I'll send proof.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Xyzkwenu(f): 11:00am On Dec 21, 2020
Experience with St. Patrick's International Logistics based on what several people have complained about on social media

1. Timeliness: 0/10
Normal air cargo often takes more than 2 weeks & sea cargo takes more than 6 months.
The company has big challenges when it comes to keeping to time.

2. Price: 0/10
Prices often change when it is time for pick up after exposing the customer to long suffering. Price is not stable. Prices are not published on social media eg WhatsApp or website.

3. Size: 0/10
Company doesn't have large and multiple warehouses/pickup points in Lagos. They use a residential flat in Ajao with little space so large goods are left outside in the rain with no security man. Company uses rivals like Skycargo to ship & add their markup.

4. Customer service: 0/10 Company has no professional staff but rude, irritating & unprofessional staff. They don't always answer calls or respond to texts/chats.

5. Reliability: 0/10
The staff over-estimate weights & volumes. They don't have funtional tape or weighing scale in their Lagos office for confirmation of size and weight. Several disputes arise due to over invoicing. They can change other terms of agreement after collecting consignment eg destination, delivery mode.

6. Tracker with real time updates: 0/10
Tracking number is not provided to customers. They have no Web based tracker for monitoring time, location and status before pickup.

7. Compensation Policy for lost items: 0/10
Company does not acknowledge possibility of lost items even after 2 years & they don't have a written policy on compensation plan for lost or damaged items.

8. Goodwill: 0/10
Their reputation is stained due to extortion of customers. They are notorious for the following:
Failure to follow up with airline & shipper on timely shipments. Incurring demmurage & passing cost to client. Failure to settle custom duty & maintain good standings with the customs officials. Several people have openly expressed disappointment with the company on social media.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by ThatFairGuy1: 11:00am On Dec 21, 2020
[s]
ethicallyright:

I'm not an unwise impostor , young man. Islam is traditional to me by birth.Don't cancel my comments.

Swear to Allah if the Alfa/Imam in your place of worship did not tell you to boycott French products. That's the contention here.
Answer the question and I'll send proof.
[/s]
For the last time, stop these bigotries dear impostor.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
[s][/s]
For the last time, stop these bigotries dear impostor.

That's exactly where the problem is.

No one says truth and we keep deceiving ourselves.

You're calling me an impostor not because I didn't say what a Muslim teacher taught me in the mosque. You're calling me an impostor because you do not expect me to open up and tell the truth about what he said.

The cleric at Ansar-Ud-Deen Mosque expressly said last juma that we should not celebrate Christmas because by celebrating it we agree that Jesus was not the prohet of God but his son. If a thread comes up and says Muslims are tolerant, I'll automatically become an impostor because I told the truth about what a prominent scholar taught the last time I attended Mosque.

Forget everything, answer if you were not told to boycott French products at the Mosque.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 21, 2020
flinton:
I use to patronise a lady that prepares peppered snails, one day I saw her whatsapp status crushing day old chicks with her feet, she crushed like 3, so inhumane. I stopped patronising her
that lady fit kill human being sef

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Fidelismaria: 11:15am On Dec 21, 2020
Trex4:
Mine was a fairly large provisions store near my house. The owner is a Muslim and mostly gives preference to his Muslim brothers and sisters, especially around that time there was lockdown and scarce goods.

One day, I went there to buy something and didn't see the guy. There was a woman standing there in the shop, presumably waiting for the guy too. When I asked her, she said he's not around. So I left the shop. Outside the shop, someone else told me he's there, I should check properly. Only for me to actually see the guy hiding behind a big stack of indomie cartons. Since that day I can never go there. I rather walk 30 meters to get my stuff.

Second one was a woman that sells recharge card by my street. (Very close to my house, she knows my place). I've been buying from her since my JSS3 (I'm in College now). This year, I went to buy 1000 recharge card but unfortunately my cash was remaining 50 naira. Do you know this woman actually told her daughter to hold me so that I won't "Run"?!? Someone that I've know for years now. Since then she can go to hell abeg.

Why was he hiding from you?
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by NarnieAceTech: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2020
When I was serving, my boss sent me to get some plates and papers for printing. Since it was my first time, I went to a shop I saw their banner from a distance. I told the guy what I wanted to buy, he gave me the price and I told him what I had isn't up to the price he quoted, then he looked away in a rude manner and said "Oya dey go front na". I asked him if it's me he's talking to in such a rude manner, he then apologised. I told him I was never going to step my foot into his shop any more and if he continues to talk to potential customers like this, his business won't survive the next 3 years.

Some people wonder why their business isn't moving but they don't know those little attitudes can mean a lot to people. I am someone who deals with first impression and that impression should be maintained no matter what.

Just last month I sold a power bank to someone and two weeks later, she called me that the device is faulty. I have called and texted her more than 3 times to return the item so I can change it. She's even the one telling me she doesn't have the time yet.
I don't like getting negative feedbacks from my clients and I try as much as possible to maintain that standard. it's not easy to get a customer talk more of keeping one. Good service will always reflect with more references from happy customers, that's just it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 21, 2020
seanwilliam:
There Is this local burka I used to eat back then cos eatery is far from my side cos you'll need to spend extra 300naira to places like foodco on bike to and fro, the burka food was not worth a single penny..but due to the fact that I'm lazy when it comes to cooking and the woman is neat compared to others around (Her food is not sweet at all).... there was this day I went there and I couldn't believe what I saw...mad man in the shop buying food.. hahah oboy since then if I no fit cook indomie I'll rather chop bread in the morning and wait till evening before I go foodco to buy food I go chop
lolz... You are harsh oh.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Eagba(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2020
Tillatalk:
I used to buy something from this particular shop the other day I bought something from a shop closer to her na so she see me the next day say oga you no dey buy something from me again I was so angry and speechless
MTN. their fraudulent charge and bonuses. the most annoying one is there borrowing of credit, you will want to borrow credit that they are sure of you paying back in moment, and they will be charging you at an interest rate of 15%!
that's outrageous our govt is just there looking at this reap off. double digits interest rate on credit I'll pay back now now.
besides they have this annoying algorithm that forces you to borrow higher credit when your credit rating is high. i.e removing#50, #100 from the options of borrowable amounts when borrowing. MTN understands that our govt don't care about us, so they treat us with scorn

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 21, 2020
toprealman:

Exactly. I am a pizza and ice-cream fan.....a massive one at that. Thankfully, I have tasted very good brands to know that Dominos is a huge scam.
which would you then recommend ?
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by tolexy007(m): 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
bigcee:
E shock you abigrin

my brother e shock me o
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Trex4(m): 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
Fidelismaria:

Why was he hiding from you?
I honestly don't know. Although He was having a meal but he definitely heard when I came in the shop asking for him. And also the woman in the shop waiting there for him, like WTH? The situation that day confused me. And I don't think he was hiding from me in particular.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Trex4(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
Xyzkwenu:
Experience with St. Patrick's International Logistics based on what several people have complained about on social media

1. Timeliness: 0/10
Normal air cargo often takes more than 2 weeks & sea cargo takes more than 6 months.
The company has big challenges when it comes to keeping to time.

2. Price: 0/10
Prices often change when it is time for pick up after exposing the customer to long suffering. Price is not stable. Prices are not published on social media eg WhatsApp or website.

3. Size: 0/10
Company doesn't have large and multiple warehouses/pickup points in Lagos. They use a residential flat in Ajao with little space so large goods are left outside in the rain with no security man. Company uses rivals like Skycargo to ship & add their markup.

4. Customer service: 0/10 Company has no professional staff but rude, irritating & unprofessional staff. They don't always answer calls or respond to texts/chats.

5. Reliability: 0/10
The staff over-estimate weights & volumes. They don't have funtional tape or weighing scale in their Lagos office for confirmation of size and weight. Several disputes arise due to over invoicing. They can change other terms of agreement after collecting consignment eg destination, delivery mode.

6. Tracker with real time updates: 0/10
Tracking number is not provided to customers. They have no Web based tracker for monitoring time, location and status before pickup.

7. Compensation Policy for lost items: 0/10
Company does not acknowledge possibility of lost items even after 2 years & they don't have a written policy on compensation plan for lost or damaged items.

8. Goodwill: 0/10
Their reputation is stained due to extortion of customers. They are notorious for the following:
Failure to follow up with airline & shipper on timely shipments. Incurring demmurage & passing cost to client. Failure to settle custom duty & maintain good standings with the customs officials. Several people have openly expressed disappointment with the company on social media.
Wow. Like the company is even directly and bodly saying they're a scam. Wonders shall never end in this country.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by toprealman: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
mightyhazel:
huge fan of this and that.. hope u take bitters and work out regularly
People actually think I am a bouncer, if that answers your question.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Omotaday(m): 3:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
flinton:
I use to patronise a lady that prepares peppered snails, one day I saw her whatsapp status crushing day old chicks with her feet, she crushed like 3, so inhumane. I stopped patronising her
Lol that one wicked o
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Tyewolove(f): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
There's a particular Addide mall not far from my house,I ordered Sharwama and he Said I should gives me some minutes to get the Sharwama ready,I waited for like 30minutes or so thinking of how I am going to munch the Sharwama kiss kiss. Could you believe this sold the Sharwama to somebody else because he paid extra money for the Sharwama. Since that day,I don't have any business with that particular Addide mall again.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by ThatFairGuy1: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2020
[s]
ethicallyright:

That's exactly where the problem is.

No one says truth and we keep deceiving ourselves.

You're calling me an impostor not because I didn't say what a Muslim teacher taught me in the mosque. You're calling me an impostor because you do not expect me to open up and tell the truth about what he said.

The cleric at Ansar-Ud-Deen Mosque expressly said last juma that we should not celebrate Christmas because by celebrating it we agree that Jesus was not the prohet of God but his son. If a thread comes up and says Muslims are tolerant, I'll automatically become an impostor because I told the truth about what a prominent scholar taught the last time I attended Mosque.

Forget everything, answer if you were not told to boycott French products at the Mosque.
[/s]
Gibberish.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by queenfav(f): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2020
They sold me fake mayonnaise.I sent videos of the agidi mayonnaise,they didn't even offer any compensation.Na so i block them asap.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
Zenith Bank: Printout for online checking of bank statements is 1k.

Online purchases: Too much scam in Nigeria.

modified
I don't eat out except in shoprite. What I have seen with my eyes in food vendors shops I can't even relate here.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2020
Tillatalk:
she saying like it is must I must buy something from a her shop thats why I hate buying things from a particular shop..

I boyott anyone with that attitude. They usually assume your money belongs to them and they are mostly mean to other sellers around then.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
authority2006:

That's lame, everyones knows that prices change in Nigeria almost every day. Don't everyone patronise physical market to know that? Whether you put up price or not, the price might still be different from what the referrer already told them before they contact you
then you didn't know the number of stupid people in nigeria
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by authority2006(m): 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
ezenwajosh:
then you didn't know the number of stupid people in nigeria

Lol
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by arcOluwasanmi(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2020
yomalex:
kindly try our Bulk SMS Service, delivers to DND. www.domesms.com

Alright noted Sir.
Thank you!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by herdeyhoh(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2020
Well, what made me to boycott a business..

Funds (Capital to Restart), nothing more.

I was in business before, sickness struck me. Wipe out all I had.

Some day, I will go back to business. With time everything will fall into places..

Business is sweet and profitable when you have your own. It makes you have time of your own.
Re: What Made You Decide To Boycott A Business? by haon: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2020
This can help you get started in 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxN4gaLWB5g

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Air Ticketing Biz? Pls, Advice Urgently Needed / Join NYSC Batch 'A' Group For Updates / Verify Paypal From Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.