Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,274 members, 7,839,368 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? (444 Views)

Reason Behind The CBN New Order. / Tinubu: Practical Ways Forward On The CBN New Naira Notes Policy / What's Exactly Stopping Nigeria From Having 24/7 Electricity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? by hakeem4(m): 1:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
I got a mail from TransferWise saying that they’d not be able to send money to my NGN account again because of the new central bank policy.

We’ve got some news — from December 16th, you won't be able to send new transfers to NGN.

We’re doing this because of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s recent regulatory update. It means that we can no longer offer sending money to Nigerian Naira with our current set-up.

We're working hard on reopening this route, but we don’t have an estimate for you yet. We'll let you know as soon as transfers to NGN are available again.

We’re sorry about this. If you have any questions, please reach out to our

Re: What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? by BhoomiMivics: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nigeria has never been cool with youth going legit bcoz of their selfish regulatory always.
You must pay this, pay that, must not withdraw this, must not gain more than that, bla bla bla

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? by CodeTemplar: 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
Any policy that doesn't impede farmers up north is permitted.
Re: What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? by ojun50(m): 2:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Am tired of this country, every 3-6month you see new useless policy

If no be say my wife too Good to leave I for don jarpa plus business and work
Re: What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? by atheistandproud(m): 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
ojun50:
Am tired of this country, every 3-6month you see new useless policy

If no be say my wife too Good to leave I for don jarpa plus business and work

Naija na cast.
Re: What Exactly Is The CBN New Policy? by Yankee101: 1:38am On Dec 18, 2020
It's a positive development. They've been cheating you by transferring at 385 plus charges. Now you can still transfer only to a dollar account or as cash pickup in dollars. That way you can cash your dollars and exchange at 450 on the open market.

This policy is what made the naira to appreciate in the last week or so. It was close to 500. Now 470 and dropping.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari’s Meeting With The Rescued Kankara Students(boys) / Obasanjo An Igbo Man: Senator Adefuye Suffering From Celebral Malaria, Mischievo / Mr Okwuonu Chimezie Is Either Incurably Deranged Or Outrightly Depraved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.