Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai (34453 Views)

Prof. Soludo And His African- Dubai- Taiwan Agenda In Anambra State. / I Don't Know The Technology Used In Making Of Ganduje Bribery Videos - Buhari / Photos Of Bad Roads In Akwa Ibom, The Government Doesn't Want You To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by SibaKeAkwaibom: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2020
Akwa Ibom: The Making of An African Dubai

Akwa Ibom State under the Udom Emmanuel adminstration is gradually becoming a destination for investors and entrepreneurs owing to the huge development in agro sector, establishment of industries, economic/ business-friendly policies of the government and good road network.

And as a show of support and solidarity to the result-oriented administration of Governor Emmanuel, the Federal Government recently gave approval to the business case of Ibom Deep Seaport project, which has received much attention from this present administration.This approval is coming on the heels of the vigorous push by the Udom Emmanuel led administration for the actualization of this long awaited vision. It will be recalled that previous administrations since 1999 have made several attempts at kick starting the seaport, without success.

The huge attention given to the project by the present administration is necessitated by the myriad of benefits the project will bring to the state and Nigeria in general, on Completion.

The Ibom deep seaport has been described by the Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Economic Development, Akan Okon as a project that will be of immense value to Nigeria, in terms of employment generation, increase in port capacity, and also improve efficiency in shipping business.

He explained that the deep seaport, which is designed for very large vessels that can load over 13,000 containers in one voyage, will also serve as a trans-shipment port as smaller vessels will be used to lighter cargoes from the mega vessels to seaports, and river ports closer to the consignee’s within and outside Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom State is becoming the Dubai of Nigeria, and has seen tremendous increase in population as a result of the safety and government-investor friendly disposition enjoyed in the state.

From a small fishing village, Dubai has become the heartbeat of business.Today, Dubai is a city of skyscrapers, ports, and beaches, where big business takes place alongside sun-seeking tourism. Because of its large expatriate population, it feels like a Middle Eastern melting pot, and the atmosphere is generally tolerant, noted a public affairs commentator, Eric George.

The same can be said of America.
The modern American economy traces its roots to the quest of European settlers for economic gain in the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries. The New World then progressed from a marginally successful colonial economy to a small, independent farming economy and, eventually, to a highly complex industrial economy.

This is what Akwa Ibom State under Governor Emmanuel is evolving into. The industrial revolution he has brought to the state, and in most cases through the relationship he built during his years in the banking sector is what is strategically positioning and expanding our economy, on the same path that Dubai and the US started their journey from.

One may mock this assertion when a comparison between what is happening now in the US and Dubai, and what we have today in Akwa Ibom is made.
We may not have been there now, but truly, we are on our shortest route to greater economic glories.

Rome was not built in a day. Today's Dubai is not a year's plan. Infact, it was a 20- year plan, and it took more than 20 years for them to get to where they are today.

Governor Emmanuel has already positioned Akwa Ibom on a good standpoint, and by 2050, history will speak loud of this noble economic foundation led by Gov. Emmanuel.

There's no greater glory that a leader would leave behind, than to leave a generational legacy of self independence, economic renaissance, entrepreneural development and mental reorientation.

With the huge backing of the Federal Government towards the actualization of the Ibom Deep Seaport, Governor Udom Emmanuel will soon layout a full scale implementation plan for both the Deepsea port and the Liberty Oil and Gas free Zone, also recently approved for commencement, observed the Information and Strategy Commissioner, Ini Ememobong.

Indeed, these are best times to live as Akwa Ibomites. In our time, an economic roadmap for the Akwa Ibom of our dream is laid, through the able hand of our dear visionary leader, Governor Udom Emmanuel.

Rev'd Richard Peters writes from Uyo

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Nanaborga(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2020
Which kind unnecessary hyping be this na , uyo is fine but far from what being dubbed the Nigerian Dubai when there is still Lagos , Abuja and cross river , how many beach or tourist sites can one visit in akwa ibom state , even the ibeno beach na just fishing site and not a fun place tourist can go relax , uyo and some few other local government there is neat , has good roads and all that , but no amazing architectural design to even blow ones mind there , stop this unnecessary hyping please , when all udom do is loot quietly, to me
Akwa ibom is the same way akpabio left it , no much new developments that is worthy of all this long epistle , instead hail akpabio and I will understand

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by uptimum123(m): 9:46am On Dec 18, 2020
Because of sea port?

Still long way to go...maybe after 600 years

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by omoharry(f): 10:48am On Dec 18, 2020
Nanaborga:
Which kind unnecessary hyping be this na , uyo is fine but far from what being dubbed the Nigerian Dubai when there is still Lagos , Abuja and cross river , how many beach or tourist sites can one visit in akwa ibom state , even the ibeno beach na just fishing site and not a fun place tourist can go relax , uyo and some few other local government there is neat , has good roads and all that , but no amazing architectural design to even blow ones mind there , stop this unnecessary hyping please , when all udom do is loot quietly, to me
Akwa ibom is the same way akpabio left it , no much new developments that is worthy of all this long epistle , instead hail akpabio and I will understand
Lagos is too dirty and disorganize.Maybe Abuja sha.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Chrisbella24(f): 11:38am On Dec 18, 2020
Nanaborga:

E be like say them dey pay people to hype Akwa Ibom.

The hyping from this Government is too much.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Saucekide25(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Awesome article. wink

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by majordesigns: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Wow

____

CHRISTMAS DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via 0 7 0 8 9 1 4 7 7 7 6 to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Duru9(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
No be to migrate to this state now before e go late

I beg is uber working there make I come de run bolt there

I go like make friend with someone who stays there

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
All i want to say is that Buhari, Buratai, Shekau, Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen, Bandits are all the same jihadists aiding and albeting to divert the resources of this country to the desert

Call it Rasome payment, Ruga settlement, Arms against terrorist, buying zamfara gold, Oil exploration in north, North East Development commission

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by englishmart(m): 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Making of an African Dubai. Lol. There are over a thousand cities in Africa far more beautiful and developed than Akwa Ibom. Where does the making of an African Dubai come from?
Oh, I get it, it's the kind of Dubai uncivilized guys would love to see. Nigeria ain't ready for such level of development yet. Not even in 200years to come

18 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by OBTMOS(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ok ooo
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by ClassicCaleb: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
All thanks to Akpabio, But as for Udom all his project na audio made popular by paid junk journalist,. God bless Akpabio forever

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by slawormiir: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
...fuckkking shit

Nowhere near Dubai

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by simhosting: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
I see
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by kenzysmith: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
Our Next president must come from Akwa ibom they have good taste if only we can drop tribalism aside and put the right people in place but no some domestic goat we still be shouting Tunubu and Atiku comes 2023

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by DenreleDave(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
Muahh.. Uyo is kinda boring now for me a corper.

Maybe na be coz I no get money..

Akwa ibomites, how the Xmas go be na?
I don't want boredom to kill me ooo..

Who will flex me in this coming Xmas...?

Make una flex corper DenreleDave ooi, I wan enjoy this akwa ibom wey I come serve oooo

Abasi ayaya ooooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by tyup(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
shocked

Well in my own opinion, I think the person who created this thread calling it improving African Dubai and those reading to agree should kindly note one or two knot in ur Brains are forsoothly loosed and everything should be done to knot it back tightly. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by abbaapple: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
angry

Why mentioning Dubai OP Paid OP spits!!! You haven’t been to Dubai that’s why lipsrsealed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by osuofia2(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
blacks hyping nonsense, comparing this with Dubai is an insult to the Emirates. Even South Africa gap this mediocrity you people are encouraging

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by specialmati(m): 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Omihanifa: 3:02pm On Dec 18, 2020
omoharry:
Lagos is too dirty and disorganize.Maybe Abuja sha.

Hope you know Abuja is fast becoming a slum undecided since el-rufai left there's nothing meaningful other ministers have contributed to the gains el-rufai made

Almost all the infrastructure is in comatose
most of the street lights are dead, people litter the roads with refuse and crime rates too don increase ( one chance)

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by HeadShot: 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nigerian Dubai indeed

grin grin grin
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Happyguy201: 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
that's it I'm moving to akwa ibom state RIVERS STATE IS NO LONGER SAFE

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by humilitypays(m): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2020
The little success we are witnessing in Akwa Ibom now is just a sample show of what Nigeria can become if we restructure Nigeria now.

The sad truth is Britain and France destroyed Nigeria and other African nations by joining tribes with parallel cultures, lifestyle, belief and interest together to form different African nations, out of their devilish interests to have larger size of African nations to milk during the colonial era.

This wicked act of merging too many tribes to form one African country gave rise to tribal competition and agitation in African nations, and of course corruption by people in power trying to favor their tribesmen against other tribes, and this plunged African nations into years and decades of civil wars and later massive corrupt governments in the name of military governments cum corrupt Democratic governments we have today in African nations.

But go to Europe, almost all countries in Europe are made up of people of similar heritage and interest.

Even in the UK made up of - Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Britain don't have same cultural values and that is why they practice the United kingdom kind of government but with each kingdom - Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Britain having their own independent governments and sovereignty, but they lumped different tribes in Nigeria into one big ungovernable country called Nigeria.

Until Nigeria restructures or divides, there is no hope for a better Nigeria no matter who is elected as President of Nigeria undecided

The time for Nigeria to fully implement local Policing has come. Only Northerners can secure their region. Only Northerners understand their terrain and how to secure it against external or internal aggression. Same applies to Southern Nigerians.

The time to restructure is now.

They should use the 6 geopolitical zones as a test template to restructure Nigeria and test the level of success for like 20 years and see.

Let each geopolitical zone become a sovereign region. Nigeria should also be renamed to United Regions of Africa; URA or United Regions of West Africa; URWA or United Regions of Sahara; URS!

Each region must have their own Prime Minister and Regional Police but we will have one United National Guard, that's the military.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Jammy2012(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
African Dubai. Funny smiley
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ok.
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Kurtis02(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
angry

Thunder fire all of you overhyping this Udom Administration, his performance is actually below par but because of the paltry sum given to you guys, you become blind and refuse to see the reality of things going on in the State.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by Abdulabduln(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2020
grin
Re: Akwa Ibom: The Making Of An African Dubai by RenaissanceGuy: 3:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
Overhyped village grin

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Shehu Sani And Gov El-rufai’s Son, Bashir, Trade Words / ₦‎160 Billion SUVs: Reps Take Delivery, Senators Await Luxury Jeeps This Week / Journalists Queue For Food In Kogi Government House - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.