Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC (14135 Views)

Temitope Babs: Amaechi Procured Low Quality Locomotive Coaches For Use / FG Has Procured Six High-Tech Hilux Vehicles To Safeguard Rail Lines - Amaechi / We Have Evidence INEC Procured, Installed, Deployed Servers - Two Groups Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Islie: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2020
The Chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission COVID-19 Palliatives Distribution Committee, Chief Sobomabo Jackrich, has alleged that some underprivileged people in the Niger Delta region rejected the rotten food items distributed to them by the sacked Interim Management Committee of the NDDC because they could be poisonous.

He also alleged that the sacked IMC team, led by Prof Kemebradikumo Pondei, stage-managed the distribution of the food and medical items it claimed to have purchased with the N6.2bn approved for the indigent residents of the region, as palliatives by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd).

Jackrich’s allegations were contained in a petition he and other members of his committee presented to the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions, a copy of which was obtained by our correspondent on Friday.

According to the document, the petitioner said he was officially inaugurated along with members of his committee on May 6 to oversee the distribution of palliatives in the nine Niger Delta states.

He added that his committee was made up of directors in the commission covering the nine states.

The petitioner said, “The palliatives distribution was officially flagged off (sic) in Port Harcourt on May 21, 2020 with the mandate to commence distribution. Today, all of that can be regrettably described as a show of shame and a scam.

“The N6.25bn that was magnanimously approved by Mr President to help the poor and indigents of the Niger Delta during the difficult period of the pandemic as palliatives has curiously been allegedly misappropriated and embezzled by the IMC of the NDDC and their co-conspirators.

“As the Chairman of the PDC, my findings are not only that the money cannot be accounted for, but there was nothing on the ground to show that that N6.2bn of our hard-earned taxpayers’ money was invested for its original purpose which the President approved.

“The materials and supplies, according to the statement, were to be done through Emergency Procurement method as provided in Sections 42(b) (c) and 43 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 but the Procurement Act was not complied with, particularly Section 43 Subsection 3 and 4.”

Jackrich alleged that though the palliatives were meant for the indigent and the poor, just a handful of food items, “though staged-managed,” were provided and distributed to an insignificant number of persons in the Niger Delta states under a “camera-party.”

According to him, some of the food items were politically shared among the “IMC choice areas,” including states of choice which aligned with them politically, allegedly to undermine the original essence of the palliatives approved with taxpayers’ monies.

“As the chairman of the PDC, I cannot account for the palliatives as my committee was totally sidelined and the IMC hijacked the process because of their secret plots. This happened just because I, as the chairman, demanded for accountability and transparency in the processes, as well as value for money with respect to the palliatives.

“I was handed the template for the distribution of the palliatives wherein it was indicated that nine trucks of food items would be distributed to each of the nine states in the region. However, the IMC hijacked the entire process. They called and handed me few bags of rice and beans just to induce me to play along with them, giving the false impression that the process was successful.

“This appears to me as a cover-up plot (sic). Most of the food items that they claimed to have distributed were spoilt and unhealthy for human consumption. Thus, only the IMC can tell where they got those poisonous and rotten food items from. The next thing we heard, surprisingly, was that the palliatives had been distributed,” the petition read.’’

It added, “I managed to monitor from a distance the charade and show-off since my committee and I were sidelined by the IMC in the distribution processes and (they) left us incommunicado. All needed logistics that my committee was supposed to work with were entirely denied us.

“I am aware that what was distributed under the guise of medical equipment were old goods and wares in the commission’s warehouses which were put on camera just to deceive the unsuspecting public and mislead the President. This too was staged. Not a single kit or COVID-19 test centre was set up by the commission in the nine Niger Delta states.

“The Department of State Security Services, on Monday, August 24, 2020, invited me to meet with the state Director of the DSS in Rivers State. I honoured the invitation without fear on August 25, 2020.

“The invitation which came through a phone call from an operative from the Rivers State Command was said to be in connection with a petition from the NDDC, wherein the NDDC accused me, an appointee of the commission of using the letterhead of the NDDC to petition the National Assembly against the IMC of the NDDC.”

The petition also said, “Whereas the DSS in their wisdom acting on the said petition by the IMC had engaged professionally by giving me fair hearing.

“Obviously, these moves by the IMC was aimed at using state institutions and apparatuses to both circumvent and compromise the process over the petition which is yet pending before the National Assembly.

“The IMC sought to intimidate me from further insistence on justice in the matter knowing that the issues I raised in the petition against them are incontrovertible and undeniable.”

https://punchng.com/nddc-procured-rotten-food-items-with-n6-2bn-pdc/

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Jashub: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2020
Wonders shall never end in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by wisewordd: 11:47am On Dec 19, 2020
I don't know why people are this greedy. What exactly is one person doing with billions meant for people while the owners are suffering.

37 Likes

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Bettykeys: 11:48am On Dec 19, 2020
Our brothers from yeeast are only concern about Lagos nd Tinubu

Every corruption surrounding NDDC is non of their business

Pull Tinubu down by all means is their major priority as if that would amount to the development of their region

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by LibertyRep: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2020
Everybody just dey cash out.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by yanabasee(m): 11:49am On Dec 19, 2020
Even to consumable palliatives, they had the guts to procure applied items......

Nigerian Politicians are fond of giving the masses inferior items....

To construct anything public will be made inferior.... So they can syphon more than half of the approved money.

But Sha, na the same bad roads the kill their children.

4 Likes

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by CANDYDADDY(m): 11:50am On Dec 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Enudapan: 11:59am On Dec 19, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Nddc self

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Praktikals(m): 11:59am On Dec 19, 2020
angry
Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by 1Alex: 11:59am On Dec 19, 2020
Naija

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by careytommy37(m): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Wickedness angry

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by GIANTPLUSHUB: 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Inside life!

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by cletz991(m): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
undecidedAin't they tired of all this?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thanks to the God that created me o!. But the angel that direct me to Nigeria..... You no just try at all

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by flourish01(m): 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Nawaooo... Naija for show. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by kenzysmith: 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
my brother African man tire me people are wicked those that steal this billions already have billion stuck in their account una one carry d money go heaven? if I can steal a billion for my self I will stop and invest and earn legit billions . nobody should quote me to say me self have d mind of stealing who will be in a position to steal that we not use d opportunity but steal d right way not foolishly

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
I think it is high time I stopped criticism of GEJ, BUHARI, and company

Some of the worst people in Nigeria are other Nigerians.

NDDC is dominated by people from the South South, and yet, they are exploiting their people.

That's why I don't back resource control , secession or restructuring. Because at the end of the day, it would be the same chop chop people in charge and all the good things hoped to be achieved won't happen.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Obago99: 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
hahahahahahah All these things na wahala ohhh

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
All these claims, and no photo to show for it...both op and the man are mad

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by IamWonderful: 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
When you hear about corruption and mismanagement in Nigeria, you will wonder if the was thrown into Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by softset: 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
Tu

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
inderhappy:
Thanks to the God that created me o!. But the angel that direct me to Nigeria..... You no just try at all

Nigeria is not the only corrupt country.

Most other countries, including the ones that work well, have serious corruption issues. South Africa looks like paradise to most Nigerians, yet ex president Zuma is facing serious and grave corrupt charges, and another poltician is also facing serious corruption charges.

There is one European country. On the outside, looks good, inside, corruption galore.

The reason why corruption does not affect first world countries is that first world countries rely heavily on industries....and if they allow corruption run unchecked, industrial production would be affected, and the revenue will fall.

Nigeria is a oil depen dent country. Corruption can run rampant since we really don't depend on industrial production to make money

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
there is nothing new concerning this country
anything u hear just swallow it or move on...
Nigeria is not a country u should worry about cus u will just die of heartbreak

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
The way these people call billions ehh...
How did we even land in this country?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by King2019(m): 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2020
inderhappy:

LWKMD grin cheesy grin
Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by Nelsonadindu(m): 12:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
angry
inderhappy:
Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by bigdammyj: 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2020
Noted
Re: NDDC Procured Rotten Food Items With N6.2bn –PDC by TreasureJunky: 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
When will you have sense?
Bettykeys:
Our brothers from yeeast are only concern about Lagos nd Tinubu

Every corruption surrounding NDDC is non of their business

Pull Tinubu down by all means is their major priority as if that would amount to the development of their region

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Power Should Rotate To Southern Nigeria – Douye Diri Tells Atiku / Atiku, Tambuwal, PDP Ask Court To Dismiss Wike’s “Frivolity, Baseless” Suit / Fuel Scarcity Returns, As Marketers Ration Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.