Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland (1088 Views)

How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? / How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by Asquare84(m): 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2020
I know alot of guys have been scammed on nairaland here and don't even have idea on how to recover there had earned money, let me share my story how I was able to recover my money from a scammer I melt in nairaland here, last year December I contacted this guy to render a services for me, he promised me all heaven that in the next two weeks all the the deal will be concluded, on the 23 Dec, 2019, I sent him 230,000, after two weeks this guy started posting me until I couldn't take it anymore again and I requested him to refund my money, dude start playing games with me meanwhile this guy is based in portharcut and I am in Abuja.

How did I recover my money :- last month I went to the police station in Abuja and made a report, the ipo reguested I print my statement of account and a sum of five thousand for a court order, I gave her my statement and the 5k.(his account placed on no debit), To my greatest surprised after a week a got a call from the police that I should come to the police station that the scammer have been apprehended in portharcut.immediately the fugitive scammer called and started pleading that he is ready to refund my money, he was arrested by the bank staff and handed over to police station. To cut the story short after the guy spent four days in police station in portharcut my money was paid into my account in Abuja, as I am typing this his account is still on debit and he is pleading with me to meet with the bank staff and police to lift the restrictions.

How i appreciate the police:- at last I spent about 32000 thousand to recover 230,000 that not bad idea considering the fact that the guy have absconded with my money and no trace of him for the past one year.

Lesson learnt:- Nigeria police is largely unfunded and their condition of service is very poor, I just noticed this guy's are doing their best in the middle of lack of fund.

So guys if you have been scammed on nairaland here, report to the police, get your statement of account and a police report, I believe Nigeria police will do justice.

7 Likes

Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by Jashub: 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2020
Asquare84:
I know alot of guys have been scammed on nairaland here and don't even have idea on how to recover there had earned money, let me share my story how I was able to recover my money from a scammer I melt in nairaland here, last year December I contacted this guy to render a services for me, he promised me all heaven that in the next two weeks all the the deal will be concluded, on the 23 Dec, 2019, I sent him 230,000, after two weeks this guy started posting me until I couldn't take it anymore again and I requested him to refund my money, dude start playing games with me meanwhile this guy is based in portharcut and I am in Abuja.

How did I recover my money :- last month I went to the police station in Abuja and made a report, the ipo reguested I print my statement of account and a sum of five thousand for a court order, I gave her my statement and the 5k.(his account placed on no debit), To my greatest surprised after a week a got a call from the police that I should come to the police station that the scammer have been apprehended in portharcut.immediately the fugitive scammer called and started pleading that he is ready to refund my money, he was arrested by the bank staff and handed over to police station. To cut the story short after the guy spent four days in police station in portharcut my money was paid into my account in Abuja, as I am typing this his account is still on debit and he is pleading with me to meet with the bank staff and police to lift the restrictions.

How i appreciate the police:- at last I spent about 32000 thousand to recover 230,000 that not bad idea considering the fact that the guy have absconded with my money and no trace of him for the past one year.

Lesson learnt:- Nigeria police is largely unfunded and their condition of service is very poor, I just noticed this guy's are doing their best in the middle of lack of fund.

So guys if you have been scammed on nairaland here, report to the police, get your statement of account and a police report, I believe Nigeria police will do justice.
Just thank your God you did not meet a professional scammer. Your money go follow water

1 Like

Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by lende: 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by lende: 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
Jashub:
Just thank your God you did not meet a professional scammer. Your money go follow water
can you explain.. Which one is professionally scammer is it not de same bank that they will use for transactions..
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by nomoless: 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thanks for sharing
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by jacksondavies(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
lende:
can you explain.. Which one is professionally scammer is it not de same bank that they will use for transactions..

You got scammed by someone who used a bank account.

If he scammed you with crypto the money would have been in the wind.

You'd most likely never recover it.

3 Likes

Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by Jashub: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
jacksondavies:

You got scammed by someone who used a bank account.

If he scammed you with crypto the money would have been in the wind.

You'd most likely never recover it.
Correct
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by blackboy(m): 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2020
This is worthy of FRONT PAGE. Lala, MOD pls do the needful
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by Asquare84(m): 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
blackboy:
This is worthy of FRONT PAGE. Lala, MOD pls do the needful

At least people should learn
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by gamazi: 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
lende:

Let me give u a better scenario. The said scammer used his real personal account to scam the OP and he was so foolish enough to enter the bank to request they unblock his account after scamming OP. I guess the reason he did that was because the money was still in his account and he hasn't withdraw everything yet and then he became frustrated and wanted to see how he can unblock his account and withdraw the money. That was where he met his Waterloo and he was arrested inside the bank. A professional scammer won't use his account or probably uses a dummy account and will instantly withdraw your money before u block his account. But thank God the OP was able to recover his money. Let's be wise in dealing with people online. If u notice any foul play, report the person's bank instantly so that the account will be blocked and if u are lucky enough, your money or part of your money will still be in the account when it's blocked, in that case, u can request for a refund from the scammer's bank and u will get your money back.

2 Likes

Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by dollytino4real(f): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2020
I wish I saw dis ideas fast dat my 10k for no lost like dat! thanks 4 d ideas
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by blessedvisky(m): 10:13pm On Dec 19, 2020
dollytino4real:
I wish I saw dis ideas fast dat my 10k for no lost like dat! thanks 4 d ideas

Share your experience and cast the scammer biko
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by dollytino4real(f): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2020
blessedvisky:

Share your experience and cast the scammer biko
no need because I 've deleted all the mail's
Re: How I Recover My Money From A Scammer On Nairaland by POWERBI: 1:56am On Feb 02, 2021
@ OP, I have sent you a PM. Pls I need some additional info from you. Thank you in anticipation of your reply.

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates Has Side-chick - Melinda wants to divorce the Vaxxinator / Is Fintoch A Scam? Scam Reviews . What You Should Know / 150k Setup Fee By Interswitch: Why If Its Reduced To 10-20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.