Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals (5923 Views)

Do I Need Transit Visa To Morocco? En-route Lagos To Usa. / Do I Need An Airport Transit Visa? / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by fbiswagger: 11:35pm On Mar 26, 2011
Please I am planning to travel to Dubai via Kenya and I would be using Kenyan Airways. Please do I need a transit visa to pass through Kenya. I am a Nigerian National.
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by gallivant: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2011
Good choice on the airline. wink Yes,you will need a transit Visa if you want to venture outside the airport during your stopover in Nairobi.Only East African citizens are exempt.
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by fbiswagger: 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2011
gallivant:

Good choice on the airline. wink Yes,you will need a transit Visa if you want to venture outside the airport during your stopover in Nairobi.Only East African citizens are exempt.

Thanks for your reply. However, I do not want to venture outside the airport. Do I still need a transit visa even if I am staying in the airport till the connecting flight to Dubai is set to move?
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by anfanio: 10:35pm On Mar 27, 2011
No, you do not.
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by steve13(m): 12:08am On Mar 28, 2011
Fly etiopian instead of kenya,kenya people gives problems at nairobi,don't be surprise they can turn around to say ur dubai visa is fake.
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by fbiswagger: 4:21am On Mar 28, 2011
anfanio:

No, you do not.

Thanks anfanio

steve_101:

Fly etiopian instead of kenya,kenya people gives problems at nairobi,don't be surprise they can turn around to say your dubai visa is fake.

Steve_101, Thanks for your suggestion but your advice was not complete as you did not state if I would need a transit visa to pass through Addis-Ababa as a Nigerian national even though I do not intend leaving the airport. Please respond
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by anfanio: 5:04am On Mar 28, 2011
When is a transit visa required? A transit visa is required for visitors who leave the airport or seaport for the specific purpose of travelling to a third country (i.e. to await a connecting flight, to await boarding a (cruise) ship, or to travel overland to a neighbouring country by bus/car/shuttle). Proof of the connecting flight/cruise or overland transfer is required.
Please note: The maximum validity of a transit visa is three days (72 hours).

Do you need a transit visa if you do not leave the transit zone at the airport while waiting for a connecting flight?
No.

http://www.kenyabrussels.com/index.php?menu=8&leftmenu=75&page=75

http://www.kenyabrussels.com/ckfinder/userfiles/files/services%20for%20non-Kenyans/visitors/persons_who_dont_need_visas_2011.pdf
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by steve13(m): 6:46am On Mar 28, 2011
What fucking transit visa??U DO NOT NEED ANY TRANSIT VISA TO FLY ANYWHERE IN AFRICA,why will u need transit visa?are they mad?we suppose to visit all africa visa free just that they don't have respect for the giant that's all.africa,south america and south asia is transit FREE for u as a nigerian.
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by fbiswagger: 7:11am On Mar 28, 2011
anfanio:

When is a transit visa required? A transit visa is required for visitors who leave the airport or seaport for the specific purpose of travelling to a third country (i.e. to await a connecting flight, to await boarding a (cruise) ship, or to travel overland to a neighbouring country by bus/car/shuttle). Proof of the connecting flight/cruise or overland transfer is required.
Please note: The maximum validity of a transit visa is three days (72 hours).

Do you need a transit visa if you do not leave the transit zone at the airport while waiting for a connecting flight?
No.

http://www.kenyabrussels.com/index.php?menu=8&leftmenu=75&page=75

http://www.kenyabrussels.com/ckfinder/userfiles/files/services%20for%20non-Kenyans/visitors/persons_who_dont_need_visas_2011.pdf

Thanks alot. Just what I needed. Cheers.
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by gallivant: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2011
steve_101:

Fly etiopian instead of kenya,kenya people gives problems at nairobi,don't be surprise they can turn around to say your dubai visa is fake.

steve_101:

What bleeping transit visa??U DO NOT NEED ANY TRANSIT VISA TO FLY ANYWHERE IN AFRICA,why will u need transit visa?are they mad?we suppose to visit all africa visa free just that they don't have respect for the giant that's all.africa,south america and south asia is transit FREE for u as a nigerian.

You come off as an insecure fellow,just my observation. sad

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by maximumm: 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello house, how many hours can one wait for the connecting airline from Lagos to Kenya and Kenya to Dubai? I am planning on getting Kenyan Visa on my arrival!
Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by Bifwoli: 2:22am On Sep 24, 2014
steve13: What fucking transit visa??U DO NOT NEED ANY TRANSIT VISA TO FLY ANYWHERE IN AFRICA,why will u need transit visa?are they mad?we suppose to visit all africa visa free just that they don't have respect for the giant that's all.africa,south america and south asia is transit FREE for u as a nigerian.

You see,that why Nigerians are disliked when you belittle or look down on other Africans.Respect is EARNED,not just given randomly.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Transit Visa For Nigerian Nationals by empro07: 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
If flying kenya airways and will not attempt going through the arrival hall to visit Nairobi then no need of a transit visa.if u wld like to visit it's not a problem you wld be issued a 3 month visa by their immigration at jomo kanyatta airport,Nairobi,Kenya at a fee..3 years ago I payed 20 usd I think it's around 50usd now but not sure...if you are a male u will enjoy their night life I bet u wld wana visit again on ur way back from Dubai...D only thing is Dat when u pay d immigration ur usd bill they will over check d bill to b sure anoda Nigerian is not givin em fake usd bill....

(1) (Reply)

Dont Try This Again! / Please How Do I Get To 2A, Isaac John, GRA, Ikeja From Ikeja Along / Nigerian Stranded In Papua New Guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.