Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? (4213 Views)

Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands / How Tecno Stole The Show From Nokia And Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by Benetinjohn: 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2007
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by joeb1(m): 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2007
To me nokia is the best reasons.
1)durability
2)simplicity
3)beauty
4)easy to learn
5)loud speakers
6)not easy to have virus
7)best features.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by nazzyon(m): 1:59am On Jul 17, 2007
No phone is safe from Virus
joe b:

To me nokia is the best reasons.
1)durability
2)simplicity
3)beauty
4)easy to learn
5)loud speakers
6)not easy to have virus
7)best features.

Easy to learn: Agreed but their User Interface is not as good that of SE's

Durability: Agreed but SE's are greater when it comes to Durability except if you buy china products; which is also available for Nokias too.

Loud Speaker: Please don't touch that area. That's is one of the feature that SE used in beating the hands of Nokia down.

Not Easy to have Virus: That is just one big lie. Have you forgotten about Commwarrior? It terrorises Nokia users the most and SE users are only bothered by the contineous ridiculous delivery of txt messeages from Nokia phones. Remember now?

Beauty: Too bad, are you denying the fact that they produced the ugliest phone more than any other manufacturers. Hey don't get me started. E70, 9500,

Simplicity: Nokia phones are not simple neither is the usage simple. Everything about it is complex. You have to travel to  thousand miles before you get to its power button.  Thanks to God Nokia is improving in its recent products.

Wake up please.

One thing most people do not realise is that Sony Products are still low ends and yet it competes High End phones of other manufacturers.

If you have hard of the Sony Ericsson SO903iTV Bravia phone you will know that Sony products are awesome. If you see there project for years to come you will know that SE is not in existence for jokes.

The phone was released earlier this year.

http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/sony_ericsson_so903itv_bravia_phone.php

Sony Ericsson's SO903iTV will be the first handset to get the proper Bravia treatment.
Stylish red shell
Landscape orientation, 3-inch widescreen display
Built-in TV tuner with "time-shift video recording
Two-megapixel CMOS camera and a microSD card for loading up your media
Supports Felica cashless electronic payment system

Though the phone is said to be for only Japan buit it can be unlocked. When it comes to features the iPhone itself surrendered.

Common lets quite joking. Sometime last year I did some spy research on SE, pictures of plans I saw really amazed me.

Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2007
Durability and easy to learn is quite understandable but i was dazed when you also listed BEAUTY,NOT EASILY INFECTED WITH VIRUS,LOUDSPEAKERS and BEST FEATURES but some nokia phones are simple i.e nokia's non-coloured phones.Nazzyon am behind you.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by otuwe(f): 11:34am On Jul 17, 2007
END OF DISCUSSION

SE HAS WON THE DEBATE.

BUT I WAS THINKING OF BUYING N80

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN GIVE ME THE SONY ERICSON EQUIVALENT OF N80 (OR EVEN BETTER) WHICH IS THESAME PRICE RANGE WITH N80 (OR EVEN CHEAPER)

*pardon me for the capital letters*
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2007
I think the phone equivalent is k800 but dont know if thats the price equivalent.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 12:27pm On Jul 17, 2007
I think the phone equivalent is k800 but dont know if thats the price equivalent.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by viperman: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2007
NOKIA is the best phone maker in the world now. Award or no award.

SE phones are just entertainment phones, and that aspect is now equally contested by nokia phones.
As someone mentioned above, when you go to the phone repair shop, you tend to see more SE, motorola e.t.c phones, hardly do you see nokia phones.
As for this Joe B's list, i would disagree with you when you say nokia beats SE in the loudspeaker & beauty department for those are SE's strongest marketing points till date.

When it comes to the handsets standing alone side to side in terms of functionality - the SE can at least compete with the nokia old series 40, 60 and 80 phones; But when it come the new 3rd edition series, including the N-series; The SEs stand no chance.
From internal and external connectivity options, durability, simplicity in phone navigation, hihg power browser capabilities to memory storage capabilities(internal/external) the NOKIA phones crush the SEs clearly.

NOKIA is the phone maker to beat. They are the standard. If your phone beats any of theirs you throw a company party.
Every phone maker is competing with nokia, and nokia has an answer to any phone they bring into the market, take example

: RIM blackberry: has nokia answers of NOKIA E61-62, and the new communicator series= http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4353372
Apple iPhone : Nokia N98
SE p990: N-93 and 95 , u can't even compare the them to the p990. I just gave the p990 the honor to be compared to them.
SE music phones : look up this http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4344157 and all the N-series.

The beauty & power of nokia series 60(1st - 3rd edition) and N-series phones is the OS they have on them, with this you can install anything you want on it for additional functionality; And mostly, the obvious care they have for the common man out there. They make new phones with fair enough functionalities that the common man can afford unlike SE. These, amongst other things are what makes them the most revered of phone makers.

SEs are good, i'm not taking that away from them, but they cannot catch-up with nokia in this mobile handset world because nokia is now struggling with bigger giants like Apple.
Checkout the soon to hit the market NOKIA phone

http://www.hitnews.net/nokia-n98-new-threat-to-iphone/

Apple is in trouble, they have just started a battle with the Microsoft of the mobile industry grin

The Believed project of the upcoming - N99
http://www.handcellphone.com/archives/nokia-n99-cell-phone-pda-umpc
Now, my friend bow to the supreme ingenious of NOKIA.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by sniperwolf(m): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2007
Give my phone company SonyEricsson some couple of wears and you'll know what I'm talking about. They are trying to bring all the affiliate into mobile wait untill you see the SonyEricsson PSP phone Nokia guys go die for that phone
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by nazzyon(m): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2007
viperman:

NOKIA is the best phone maker in the world now. Award or no award.

SE phones are just entertainment phones, and that aspect is now equally contested by nokia phones.
As someone mentioned above, when you go to the phone repair shop, you tend to see more SE, motorola e.t.c phones, hardly do you see nokia phones.
As for this Joe B's list, i would disagree with you when you say nokia beats SE in the loudspeaker & beauty department for those are SE's strongest marketing points till date.

When it comes to the handsets standing alone side to side in terms of functionality - the SE can at least compete with the nokia old series 40, 60 and 80 phones; But when it come the new 3rd edition series, including the N-series; The SEs stand no chance.
From internal and external connectivity options, durability, simplicity in phone navigation, hihg power browser capabilities to memory storage capabilities(internal/external) the NOKIA phones crush the SEs clearly.

NOKIA is the phone maker to beat. They are the standard. If your phone beats any of theirs you throw a company party.
Every phone maker is competing with nokia, and nokia has an answer to any phone they bring into the market, take example

: RIM blackberry: has nokia answers of NOKIA E61-62, and the new communicator series= http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4353372
Apple iPhone : Nokia N98
SE p990: N-93 and 95 , u can't even compare the them to the p990. I just gave the p990 the honor to be compared to them.
SE music phones : look up this http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4344157 and all the N-series.

The beauty & power of nokia series 60(1st - 3rd edition) and N-series phones is the OS they have on them, with this you can install anything you want on it for additional functionality; And mostly, the obvious care they have for the common man out there. They make new phones with fair enough functionalities that the common man can afford unlike SE. These, amongst other things are what makes them the most revered of phone makers.

SEs are good, i'm not taking that away from them, but they cannot catch-up with nokia in this mobile handset world because nokia is now struggling with bigger giants like Apple.
Checkout the soon to hit the market NOKIA phone

http://www.hitnews.net/nokia-n98-new-threat-to-iphone/

Apple is in trouble, they have just started a battle with the Microsoft of the mobile industry grin

The Believed project of the upcoming - N99
http://www.handcellphone.com/archives/nokia-n99-cell-phone-pda-umpc
Now, my friend bow to the supreme ingenious of NOKIA.

Why are you sweating over some soon to come products. If that is what you are trying to point @ take my advice, it is of no use.

We are talking about products in existence.

And what you should now is that iPhone is just a first generation phone for Apple and if you get to see their next upcoming designs you will crash.

I will let you into a secret that you do not know. One of the reasons why nokia starts producing new, new, after new products is that they have come to realise that their chance of been recognised in the future is becoming shadowed by the invention from other manufacturers. So they want people to believe that they are the first to invent/ introduce new features to people.

Nowadays you will notice that they no longer think of perfection in their products. I want to call your attention to the Nseries products, why would you design a phone like 4 months ago and redeisgn another with a letter to differentiate them. But when your users check them all they will notice is crap. May be phone A has a Carl Zeiss  as camera and B doesn't come with Carl zeiss but with Quick Flask (QCIF). At the end of the day you will see that they are the same. (Every manufactuer does that) But common to Nokia.

Holla art thy 6500: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1996&idPhone1=1997
Check the difference: Carl Zeiss

Well what I know is that phones like that are meant for people who never do findings but all they are looking for is some F**cking Fashions in phone. e.g N93 & N93i

Just take a look at their features http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1551&idPhone1=1823

Now tell me will you drop the N93 for the N93i.

If yes,

Is it because of the Flashy looks of the i?

I am not against Nokia because I have used them but I can not forget SE's.

If you get an SE e.g K310i you can upgrade to meet up with some phones you dream to buy. But I have come to realise that Nokia rejects some applications which I have never experienced in SE's.

The only phone Nokia designed that I enjoyed using was the E70.  In short the Eseries; they are the only models that I like in their products.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by Harlex(m): 5:07am On Jul 18, 2007
i think i'll pick sony ericsson
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by daedalus(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2007
, 4got to tell you know that its a russian site and they do thorough benchmarking of all phones b/4 they are reviewed. Just click on the British flag to go to the english section,
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by daedalus(m): 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2007
Hi all,

I've always been on the sidewalk, but with this ongoing comparison b/w SE & Nokia phones, i think it's time i move out of my cocoon and swing with the flow.

[list]
[li]SE fones are usually for the up & trendy generation, with lots of frills & thrills, catchy, chic, snazzy & appeals to the young at heart .
Very strong edge in the entertainment, camera & music sections.
They've got all the functns u'll ever dream of in a phone and VERY IMMUNE TO VIRUS attack (most of 'em run on java based applications and to corroborate what hs bn earlier said, they r mostly low/mid end fones). [/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

However, Nokia fones have it's strong points as well;

And that is for the 'Upwardly Mobile', 'Jet Age" business executives (N & E series + the communicators).

However, everyone's choice of each brand is a pure function of individual 'perception', 'needs' ''functionality'.

Based on my own perception and needs, I'm an SE freak 4 life, Just used k750i once and I'm hooked on SE for ever.

To get a better comparison on the different aspects of all brands of phone, u can log in to http://www.mobile-review.com. They will help in deciding the wh brand to go 4.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by viperman: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2007
nazzyon:

Why are you sweating over some soon to come products. If that is what you are trying to point @ take my advice, it is of no use.

We are talking about products in existence.

And what you should now is that iPhone is just a first generation phone for Apple and if you get to see their next upcoming designs you will crash.

I will let you into a secret that you do not know. One of the reasons why nokia starts producing new, new, after new products is that they have come to realise that their chance of been recognised in the future is becoming shadowed by the invention from other manufacturers. So they want people to believe that they are the first to invent/ introduce new features to people.

Nowadays you will notice that they no longer think of perfection in their products. I want to call your attention to the Nseries products, why would you design a phone like 4 months ago and redeisgn another with a letter to differentiate them. But when your users check them all they will notice is crap. May be phone A has a Carl Zeiss as camera and B doesn't come with Carl zeiss but with Quick Flask (QCIF). At the end of the day you will see that they are the same. (Every manufactuer does that) But common to Nokia.

Holla art thy 6500: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1996&idPhone1=1997
Check the difference: Carl Zeiss

Well what I know is that phones like that are meant for people who never do findings but all they are looking for is some F**cking Fashions in phone. e.g N93 & N93i

Just take a look at their features http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1551&idPhone1=1823

Now tell me will you drop the N93 for the N93i.

If yes,

Is it because of the Flashy looks of the i?

I am not against Nokia because I have used them but I can not forget SE's.

If you get an SE e.g K310i you can upgrade to meet up with some phones you dream to buy. But I have come to realise that Nokia rejects some applications which I have never experienced in SE's.

The only phone Nokia designed that I enjoyed using was the E70. In short the Eseries; they are the only models that I like in their products.

First, i would like to put it to you that NOKIA is the best when it comes to juggling functionalities between phones; hence they're the biggest phone makers/sellers across the globe.
Now, if you observe properly in the GSM ARENA link you posted where the N93 and N93i where compared, you will see that there are some differences between the N93 [/b]and the [b]N93i for instance the dimensions [/b]and [b]weights; the display colors; the Phonebook (Advanced, Photocall) grin ; USB connection;
Now watch how they make both still relevant in some areas like the Stand-by and battery life time. This is what they beat so ny ericsson with, giving you several choices. This makes thier products relevant for years.
They have the business, fashion e.t.c phones. You have to give it to them forget the issue of some of their recent ground breaking phones having bugs and all, they don't deny it. They know they have bugs, and these arise because of the pioneering funtionalities that they introduce into the mobile world.
It's only normal; Any pioneer that has heavy/a multitude of competitors will make such insignificant mistakes, MICROSOFT faces the same issues.

NOKIA!
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by nazzyon(m): 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2007
Hello,

You don't seem to get me. With just a little work on the N93, there won't be difference in both phones. Then why should they design the phone in the first place. They ought to have gone straight to N93i.

Though, I have never bought the 93i before and neither have I bought its predecessor. Because nowadays with a little tweeking I get to a level where buy most of the phones released are still lacking.

Every other manufacturer does the same, accepted but it is just way too much from Nokia.

If I must say, such products are meant for people who know little or nothing ordoes not make better enquiry about products and there features.

In my past post I compared the E series and one of the numerous N series there seem to be no difference and yet they expect their fans to buy their very expensive non different phones.

May be if people wake up, manufacturers like Nokia, Samsung, Motorola will stop producing the same type of phones 2 to 3 times for them to use and yet convincing them that it is different from the earlier products.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by viperman: 12:31am On Jul 21, 2007
I doubt you have used any of those series you mentioned because if you have used an N and E series you would know there is a significant fdifference between both. smiley
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by juci(m): 1:49am On Aug 03, 2007
sorry i've been good awhile. tins seem 2've gone pretty far & there are enuf facts for any dispassionate judge.
but addressing swaping functions, dis is cos of d symbian OS wh SE hav in p-series & new w-series. did u no dis same OS was built by SE, motorola & nokia jointly? so no credit there 4 nokia.
SE dont need 5yrs 2catch up, they're ahead fone2fone. each new SE is a breath of fresh air not stale like,
SE fan till 2moro!!!
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by toba1909(m): 1:38am On Aug 07, 2007
For heaven sake,why should somebody compare NOKIA to SE? Nokia has the best features so far,in terms of pictures,data transfer,sound and ruggedity. Sony Ericsson proves to have good sound but not as quality as that of nokia,i've used Cybershoot ,the features therein is far below that of ma new nokia N72.The phone is really good.
n o k i a ------ CONNECTING PEOPLE.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by mrofficial(m): 12:29pm On Aug 07, 2007
toba1909:

For heaven sake,why should somebody compare NOKIA to SE? Nokia has the best features so far,in terms of pictures,data transfer,sound and ruggedity. Sony Ericsson proves to have good sound but not as quality as that of nokia,i've used Cybershoot ,the features therein is far below that of ma new nokia N72.The phone is really good.
n o k i a ------ CONNECTING PEOPLE.
Keep dreaming, i no fit shout. I will never advice anybody to buy Nokia.
Nokia will keep producing phones as if they are producing pop corn, Bollocks, Phones having weight like gun. I think you need to check out Sony Ericsson W950i, W880i.

Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by zenom: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2007
Nokia anytime.

yeah sony ericsson is okay and they used to have a lot of memory space and cool speakers, but nokia keeps upgrading, they get better and better, just when you think they cant be anything else they just surprise us with a new package.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by mrofficial(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2007
for me i will continue with sony ericsson till i die
using k800i and j100 presently.
I don't like Nokia a bit
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by rossy4life(f): 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2007
I love sony ericsson anyday, it's music production is superb, lovely design, it's strong and anything u can think of. I love P900i, it's d best sonyericsson design. i've only tried another phone once which was an MDA vario and it's crap.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by markos: 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2007
go to www.sonyericsson.com and see the new phones, check out the new P1, i used to have Nokia until i started working for sony ericsson

check out their new bluetooth watch, when you receive a call, you see the details on the watch, you even receive texts on the watch and you can control the volume of the walkman on your watch, can NOkia boast of anything like this

check the website and go to accesories

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pip1&zone=pp&pid=10981
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by colly(m): 7:21pm On Aug 09, 2007
Dis sonyericsson will just end up committing murder.
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by GBros: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2007
Why ar u guy compelling Sony Ericsson product wit Nokia Product, hav u seen any Nokia phone dat is not running Symbian OS dat has good feature, but Sony Ericsson, Symbian ornm or onnonmomn
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by tobs(m): 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2007
Make una no tlk 2much its SONYERICSSON.i use a common k300i.i av d internet settings on it.imagine i requested 4 d same settings on my frnds nokia,d tin no enter.wat nokia knows is only RADIO. S.E till i payin
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by hayprof(m): 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2007
@tobs wat model is ur friends Nokia phone, I mite get it 2 work cool

@topic: me thinks its Nokia lipsrsealed
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by honsule(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2007
Everybody is entitle 2 his own opinion.But 4 me,i'm using a nokia fone(N 72)u need 2 check out d applicatns i hv in my fone.I upgraded my memory to 1gb.celtel/mtn/glo/mtel wap/internet are workin perfectly,including mig33 and both d new opera mini{beta} are workin ok
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by maxjax(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2007
tobs:

Make una no tlk 2much its SONYERICSSON.i use a common k300i.i av d internet settings on it.imagine i requested 4 d same settings on my frnds nokia,d tin no enter.

You requestd for the setting that never came is not NOKIAz fault Thatz done by the network providers. the BEST u and i know that NoKia got the GREATER DATA CONNECTIVITY FEATURES than SoNy ErIcSsOn. grin and any other fones u talk of
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by Wysiwyg: 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2007
Put an end to all this blind arguments, even an unborn baby knows that when it comes to phones, Nokia is the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. The only thing sony ericsson's got is superior media production which is not worth it compared to other things nokia offers!
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by GBros: 4:11pm On Aug 12, 2007
[left][/left]
Re: Nokia And Sonyericsson, Which Is Better? by GBros: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2007
Sony Ericsson is d best among all phone]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sites For Android Games / Easiest Way To Check If Your 4G Smartphone Is Compatible With Your Network Band / Between Ali Express And Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.