Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN (1451 Views)

South East And Igbo Parts Of South South Ready For A Massive Protest This July / #endsars Protest: This Is Not Clout Chasing, Jimi Agbaje Reacts / Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Protest This Morning In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by MyGeneration(m): 9:05pm On Dec 21, 2020
If the government despite Bvn, international passport, driving license etc are not satisfied with Nigerians identify, yet demand a central identity through BVN number, we as Nigerians should demand that BVN must be linked with voters card.

Observe how the government agreed to link every identity detail with NIN but deliberately skipped voters card part, right now am hearing that this NIN too will affect even people abroad as the govt wants to set up registration centres for it in foreign countries.

Let us Demand for NIN to be linked with voters card, so we can monitor and stop election rigging, and it would help move our country forward, who knows maybe with time Nigerians would be able to vote online.

LINK NIN TO VOTERS CARD

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by udoka2013: 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
Supported!

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by foreverme1225: 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2020
SUPPORTED

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by MyGeneration(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2020
udoka2013:
Supported!
foreverme1225:
SUPPORTED

Observe how they refused to say anything about that, if we are all to have one central identity then let's do it to the end not where after some years another government will come and try to suffer people demanding people should combine Bvn with nin

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Rugaria: 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
Very good idea.. I don't understand how a set of people that will fight against the use of the NIN for national voting will be desperate to link mobile phones to the same NIN.. Obviously, the government is far more interested in monitoring who says what, when and how online than trying to stop electoral manipulations in the country.?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Easternmind(m): 9:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
I'm with you on this...

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by ojun50(m): 9:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Make una go Abuja go tell them, no be to day do E-warrior and keyboard warrior for here.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Fuckhypocrite: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
ojun50:
Make una go Abuja go tell them, no be to day do E-warrior and keyboard warrior for here.
GET WELL SOON!

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Okoroawusa: 9:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
Start tomorrow...
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by MyGeneration(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
Okoroawusa:
Start tomorrow...
Would u support
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2020
Bmc crew will disagree

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
supports your motion
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Jostoman: 12:50am On Dec 22, 2020
Rugaria:
Very good idea.. I don't understand how a set of people that will fight against the use of the NIN for national voting will be desperate to link mobile phones to the same NIN.. Obviously, the government is far more interested in monitoring who says what, when and how online than trying to stop electoral manipulations in the country.?
NIN is also part of their evil social media bill. They are just trying to use another method.

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Jostoman: 12:51am On Dec 22, 2020
Supported, this is another opportunity for us to come out and protest against this satanic government, they hear that ICC want to commence full investigation into the massacre of innocent youth at lekki tollgate so buhari quickly came out with NIN to monitor everybody's call and social media because They know that ICC cannot do their investigation without them calling an eye witness from Nigeria that was the reason why they created this NIN to monitor everybody and ICC investigation.

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Afolabimills(m): 12:56am On Dec 22, 2020
This govt is simply evil

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by FarahAideed: 1:04am On Dec 22, 2020
NIN must be now linked to voters card

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:24am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by sapientia(m): 1:48am On Dec 22, 2020
NIN won't stand the test of time

These guys are playing with sensitive data

I cant shout abeg

It gives me chills
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Rugaria: 1:49am On Dec 22, 2020
Jostoman:
NIN is also part of their evil social media bill. They are just trying to use another method.
That is the main reason. They want to squash every criticism by making people think twice before writing anything online. They can easily use that to harass you and all that. It's just another antics of a wrechless regime desperate to stiffle opposition and criticism..

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by orisa37: 5:54am On Dec 22, 2020
The current NIN CRY is a Fraud. It's BUHARI's Strategy of giving the Miyetti Allah FULANI HERDSMEN, all of whom have had NINs before flooding to NIGERIA, A PRIME PRIDE OF PLACES IN NIGERIA.

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by orisa37: 5:59am On Dec 22, 2020
The current NIN CRY is a Fraud. It's BUHARI's Strategy of giving the Miyetti Allah FULANI HERDSMEN, all of whom have had NINs before flooding to NIGERIA, A PRIME PRIDE OF PLACES IN NIGERIA.

THE PDP. ALL STATE GOVERNMENTS ETCETERA SHOULD PROTEST LINKING NIN WITH ANY OTHER IDENTITY SYSTEM.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by orisa37: 6:00am On Dec 22, 2020

THE PDP. ALL STATE GOVERNMENTS ETCETERA SHOULD PROTEST LINKING NIN WITH ANY OTHER IDENTITY SYSTEM.

FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM-BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR-CNN.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by MyGeneration(m): 7:23am On Dec 22, 2020
orisa37:

FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM-BY CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR-CNN.
I opened this thread without sentiments now una don turn am to ipob thread
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by orisa37: 9:05am On Dec 22, 2020
MyGeneration:

I'm not IPOB. MY NAME IS ORISA MEANING SPIRIT.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by orisa37: 9:07am On Dec 22, 2020
MyGeneration:

I'm not IPOB. MY NAME IS ORISA MEANING SPIRIT. There's no SPIRIT in IPOB.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Tye1: 9:17am On Dec 22, 2020
Rugaria:
True. All my major info was gotten during NYSC, BVN and Int'l passport. Govt should create a system that will mine my data and produce NIN for me then I will just insert my passport or call up number to get the NIN at a token of 100 naira.
Govt would have generated Money for themselves and citizens will have less stress. Even if the Executive does not have common sense, I don't expect the legislators to be too daft for comfort.

Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2020
Finally!!
I'm glad some people still know whatsup.

It won't work anyway. If everyone can sit in their homes and pretend like nothing is going on.

NIN being linked to subscribers identity module is a very BIG EVIL AGENDA.

Don't fall for it.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by MyGeneration(m): 8:20am On Dec 23, 2020
StacyO:
Finally!!

I'm glad some people still know whatsup.

It won't work anyway.
If everyone can sit in their homes and pretend like nothing is going on.

NIN being linked to subscribers identity module is a very BIG EVIL AGENDA.

Don't fall for it.
Explain please
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:
If the government despite Bvn, international passport, driving license etc are not satisfied with Nigerians identify, yet demand a central identity through BVN number, we as Nigerians should demand that BVN must be linked with voters card.

Observe how the government agreed to link every identity detail with NIN but deliberately skipped voters card part, right now am hearing that this NIN too will affect even people abroad as the govt wants to set up registration centres for it in foreign countries.

Let us Demand for NIN to be linked with voters card, so we can monitor and stop election rigging, and it would help move our country forward, who knows maybe with time Nigerians would be able to vote online.

LINK NIN TO VOTERS CARD
Same ppl who think they're intelligent are the same suggesting dumb ideas. International passport is limited to very few ppl, Voters card, Driving licence and BVN is for persons above 18yrs. Only National ID card is eligible, affordable and mandated to all that's why they call it National ID card.
Only criminals will protest against using National ID card with no clear, defined and better alternative.
This is the right step taken even though it's long overdue and I may not necessarily agree on how it's being done.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by MyGeneration(m): 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
Coronabirus:
Same ppl who think they're intelligent are the same suggesting dumb ideas. International passport is limited to very few ppl, Voters card, Driving licence and BVN is for persons above 18yrs. Only National ID card is eligible, affordable and mandated to all that's why they call it National ID card.
Only criminals will protest against using National ID card with no clear, defined and better alternative unlike urs.
This is the right step even though it's long overdue and I may not necessarily agree on how it's being done.
If u are intelligent enough u would know that NIN has your details and ur date of birth naturally if as an underage u vote it's going to reject your vote cause the details are already logged in on the NIN data base that u are underage.

If u think u are intelligent as u claim I dare u to counter me.

Same thing applies for driving license too
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:

If u are intelligent enough u would know that NIN has your details and ur date of birth naturally if as an underage u vote it's going to reject your vote cause the details are already logged in on the NIN data base that u are underage.

If u think u are intelligent as u claim I dare u to counter me.

Same thing applies for driving license too
We don't use NIN to vote and u need to know that privacy policies laws doesn't allow one entity to use the data of another for any purpose unless with the consent of the ID holder or court order that's why a banker can't validate ur BVN, NIN or any other ID card presented to him unless with ur consent of procession.
Honestly, we need to know more about laws and how governance work before we contribute to things that we're ignorant about. I worked with bank and dealt with all these things. I know lots of rules governing the privacy of clients concerning their data.
Re: Nigerians Need To Protest This NIN by MyGeneration(m): 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Coronabirus:
We don't use NIN to vote and u need to know that privacy policies laws doesn't allow one entity to use the data of another for any purpose unless with the consent of the ID holder or court order that's why a banker can't validate ur BVN, NIN or any other ID card presented to him unless with ur consent of procession.
Honestly, we need to know more about laws and how governance work before we contribute to things that we're ignorant about. I worked with bank and dealt with all these things. I know lots of rules governing the privacy of clients concerning their data.
U need to be aware of what u are saying, are u aware of the fact that NIN is no longer about simcard from the memo spreading if u don't have NIN u won't be able to renew your passport, if it can be used in passport renewal y not in voteres card?

34-year-old Nigerian, Chenge, In Race For Governor In United States / Missing NAF Fighter Jet Found Outside Maiduguri / Who Is The Best Leader Nigeria Ever Have?