Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,087 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Pls Help My Money Was Transferred - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pls Help My Money Was Transferred (33426 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Central Bank Of Nigeria New Directive On Money Transferred To Nigeria / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

32,000 naira was just debited from my akannnt..
abi I'm seeing vision ni? I kept asking my self so many rhetorical questions.

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

2. I'm always with my phone 24/7.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

4. how on earth were they able to know the exact money I have in that account.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

6. this doesn't even sound like a name o

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

I was later replied back at exactly 12;06pm

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

note this word o recipient bank!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

I was mad, angry, frustrated .

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

She said they only need your ATM card?
but it was with me I responded in my wallet allthrough the day!

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

ok so do I have any chance of getting my money back ? I asked

we can't tell she said, the look of things the account as withdrawn the 32,000

but we've sent a message to the bank.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

days passed, I checked back

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

me: definitely he knew what he did now and he won't fund the account!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

one month later still nothing
today makes it one month and eleven days.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

protect fraudster ok ooo! I murmured

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

over a month now haba ...you people should fear God !!

if it was a million naira will you say this ni

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

note the debit alert date says 11/11/2020
I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

I need this to get to the front page for greater insight !! gracias

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Bola146(f): 9:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
angry No one is safe in this country except God is watching that fellow sad Maybe you should tweet it again on Twitter, let it trend. Those people are thieves

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2020
will do now thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by rtdCivilservant: 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
dammycree:
will do now thanks
The criminal must have collected ur atm details at one of the places u used ur card on their pos, this is one major risk in pos transactions. Whenever u use ur card on a pos, don't let them get hold of ur card too much or if possible handle ur card ursef. The idiot either transferred ur money to someone in Bayelsa or to his own account, he doesn't necessarily has to be in Bayelsa, perhaps he opened the account in Bayelsa and resides now in same state as u.
Major suspects: All the people u have used ur card on their pos.

162 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by yomi007k(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
1. Email the bank of the fraudster.
Cc info@efccnigeria.org
Cc anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng.

2. Attach evidence of the fraud.

208 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
rtdCivilservant:

The criminal must have collected ur atm details at one of the places u used ur card on their pos, this is one major risk in pos transactions. Whenever u use ur card on a pos, don't let them get hold of ur card too much or if possible handle ur card ursef. The idiot either transferred ur money to someone in Bayelsa or to his own account, he doesn't necessarily has to be in Bayelsa, perhaps he opened the account in Bayelsa and resides now in same state as u.
I didn't even think of that

9 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2020
yomi007k:
Cc info@efccnigeria.org

thanks the fruadsters bank is also sterlingbank

30 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by YngDenzel1: 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2020
rtdCivilservant:

Exactly! One of the major reason i don't use my ATM card with pos outlets. I transfer to them with my phone, they give me the cash. Simple!

Nobody is looking out for us in this country, so we have to be smart and extremely cautious ourselves. No loose guard for anybody cool

137 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Briller: 11:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
yomi007k:
Cc info@efccnigeria.org

Also cpd@cbn.gov.ng

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Cutehector(m): 4:16am On Dec 22, 2020
What is narration details on the debit alert?
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by inioluwa95491: 5:22am On Dec 22, 2020
will do now thanks
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by dammycree(m): 9:29am On Dec 22, 2020
Cutehector:
What is narration details on the debit alert?
this is it

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Godpikin4real(f): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2020
8q
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by homealone00: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2020
Bola146:
angry No one is save in this country except God is watching that fellow sad Maybe you should tweet it again on Twitter, let it trend. Those people are thieves
safe not save

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by homealone00: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2020
cheesy
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by mrkings84(m): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2020
Sorry bro for the loss.
This is a proof that every institution in Nigeria IS fraudulent.

NCDC - FRAUDULENT
NBA - FRAUDULENT
POLITICIANS - SUPER FRAUDULENT
ALL GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS - FRAUDULENT
BANKS - FRAUDULENT
CHURCHES - FRAUDULENT
MOSQUES - FRAUDULENT
POLICE - FRAUDULENT
ARMY - FRAUDULENT
NAVY - FRAUDULENT
AIRFORCE - FRAUDULENT
FRSC - FRAUDULENT
BUSINESS MEN - FRAUDULENT
CIVIL SERVANTS - FRAUDULENT
FARMERS - FRAUDULENT
EFCC- FRAUDULENT
ICPC - FRAUDULENT
IPOB - FRAUDULENT
AREWA - FRAUDULENT
IYC - FRAUDULENT
NDDC - FRAUDULENT
NFF - FRAUDULENT
NATIVE DCTORS - FRAUDULENT
MEDICAL DOCTORS - FRAUDULENT
ETC....

THAT I DIDN'T MENTION YOU OR YOUR INSTITUTION DO NOT MEAN U ARE NOT FRAUDULENT, THANKS!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by visijo(m): 11:11am On Dec 22, 2020
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Enudapan: 11:12am On Dec 22, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by LostMyZeal(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2020
Please...I have up to 200k in my restricted FCMB account
The customer care has been acting up since

Abeg who can help me clear the money from that account

I don't have ATM to the account tho

Any help will be appreciated.... thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Sonnobax15(m): 11:14am On Dec 22, 2020
cheesy. Op,Dem don use your money tay jump fence ohh....
On a serious note,bank and their wahala no dey ever finish...
I remember how I lost my ATM card last year to a Yahoo boy..it happened in the evening... immediately I got home,I contacted my bank's customer service and my card was blocked....

The following day,I went to the bank to apply for a new card...
Op, you ain't far from the truth,via say bank's are aiding and abetting these fraudsters..and which is very appalling..

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by BlessedNuel: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2020
Things dey happen in dx world....Some people no wan work...dem go just dey look for person to steal from

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by chukwuibuipob: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2020
sad
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Equal2DeTask(m): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2020
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Dididrumz(m): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by izzou(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2020
grin

Stop using PAGA and other nonsense paypoints littered everywhere

Yahoo boys have hijacked the parole

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2020
O strong
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by handsomeyinka(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2020
Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by bluefilm: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:
10th of November 2020 is a day I still felt As if I was dreaming, the unimaginable happened to me at exactly 8:01 pm.

So there I was seated in My lovely cushioned chair about to devour my already made semo with egusi soup when I heard an alert from my phone, my initial thoughts was that all this MTN people don come again with their unserious messages, so I got hold of it then realized it was from my bank sterlingbank.

I grinned a little thinking if it was a credit alert not until when I opened it and found out it was a debit alert, immediately the food became an hindrance to what my eyes just bekoned, I was all teary and sweaty!!!

1. I checked my wallet immediately to be sure if I didn't lose my ATM card... it was there.

3. have never used that account with any online platform only ATM withdrawals and pos.

5 so how on earth was my money transferred to this individual called chrispin ilaye

immediately I lodged a complaint to sterlingbank customer service on twitter, Facebook etc

4 hours later, giving the beneficiary account enough time to withdraw my money, they later called asking for my account number which I gave them.

day 2 I went to the bank the following day, met the customer service they told me they already blocked my atm, bla bla gave me all sought bull shit, "we've sent a message bro the recipient bank so we await the reply" nothing else we could do!

notice: they didn't reveal to me immediately that the beneficiary account was a sterlingbank account also, I later found out through the vigorous questions I asked the customer care

My money was transferred using one-pay as it shows on the debit alert which also corresponds with what I saw at the entrance of their door front, I was just vexed anyhow so it triggered me to Google it then I realized it was a sterlingbank platform for online payment and transfer I literally didn't know this before hand.

if my money was transferred through your medium which I don't use how is that possible?

The pin at the front of your ATM card is all they need ! ...my atm card was with me oooooooo in side my wallet not possible at all I barked, I was losing it already so just started giving me attitude by attending to other customers, I flared up.

So I became more suspicious that led to questions I asked the customer care representative before revealing it to me that it was a sterlingbank account but the branch was in bayelsa, while I'm in Lagos so they can only notify the account owner about the said fund to be returned and wait till the account is funded, so they'll removed it .

I just don't know why the banking sector is doing nothing about cases like this clearly they are aiding and abetting fraudsters.
or even banks sef na scam I murmured dey fit don borrow my 32k like that com return am I thought.

days passed...

the thoughts of how my money was transferred without me giving out any otp, my ATM card, my phone, just scares me like who do I trust again in this country, how the hell is this possible without my details.

they kept saying they used my ATM card....I told them my ATM card was with me not possible.

then they switched to my phone, I told them I don't give anyone my phone like my phone is always with my 24/7.

the money as been withdrawn from the account ooo don't let me lie to you one of the best customer care representative that attended to me nicely a guy said, infact the money left in that account is 143naira!

I kept on chatting with their customer care service on social media the same bullshit replies.

my assertion to them today is that since we are both sterlingbank customers can't they take this to the police or effce to settle it ?

another customer care said they must protect there customers since this my case is an alleged case I won mad!...like are you kidding me ni??

all we can do is notify the branch in bayelsa, call the beneficiary about the transaction to refund the money and wait. he said again

if I was an influential person will you guys do this, so many people lost there money in this circumstance yet nothing is done.

I wanna know if I have any chance of getting my money refunded by sterlingbank plc

I asked why? they said the transfer sometimes bring the following day date bla bla bla.

My happiness right now is that this nonsense can never with a GTBank account all thanks to the GTBank Hardware Token which has proven over the years to be a masterclass.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by Babapyro: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2020
rtdCivilservant:

You no go read post before you rush to comment

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by FastestGirl: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2020
POS people funny ooo...

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Money Was Transferred by King44(m): 11:17am On Dec 22, 2020
dammycree:

days passed...

Unfortunately, you may get no help at the end of the day. That was how 80k plus was transfered from my account and there is nothing I didn't try o but las las money go but na one thing go sha make man wise

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Virtual Sports Betting Secrets / How To Establish A Bottle Water/pure Water Factory (estimates & Costs Included) / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.