Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. (1377 Views)

Mr. President, What Happened To Your Road Map For Power Reform? / CBN Disburses N109bn To Support Power Reform / Jonathan's Power Reform Is Positive,working and on track (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by EnuguUkwu: 3:44pm On Mar 27, 2011
The problem with Nigerian politiians is that, they talk too much about the problem, but have no clue to how to solve it.

Look here for the power reform road map of GEJ.

http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org/rokdownloads/Roadmap%20for%20Power%20Sector%20Reform%20Full%20Version.pdf

http://www.nigeriapowerreform.org
Re: The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by ektbear: 11:40pm On Mar 27, 2011
Still reading. But looks really good so far.
Re: The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by ektbear: 12:40am On Mar 28, 2011
More detailed than the other plans I've seen. I think it is very good. Still reading it though.

If Buhari wins, he should leverage this previous work for his own plan.
Re: The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by EzeUche(m): 12:42am On Mar 28, 2011
GEJ is moving the nation in the right direction. I hope to see more plans from him and hopefully they will be implemented.
Re: The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by ektbear: 12:55am On Mar 28, 2011
All the missed deadlines in the doc are annoying though undecided

Thus, although the total actual generating capacity is targeted to increase from 4,612 MW
to 7,033 MW by April 2011, the more meaningful set of figures (from a transmission
planning perspective) is the fact that the increase in the annual average generation is
targeted to increase from 3,825 MW in July 2010 to circa 5,755 MW in April 2011.

A great plan. . . but is GEJ the man to implement it?
Re: The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by Pharoh: 1:10am On Mar 28, 2011
^^

Yes he is the man because any new candidate will just put a stop to it and try to do it their own way. That's one of the reason that we do not have much foreign investors because there is no stability and continuity in policies. Just like china implements its five year plan, we also had a similar scheme before the military destroyed that. The next candidate can just destroy all the past good work of the previous administrator in a twinkle.
Re: The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by efisher(m): 7:32am On Mar 28, 2011
Good road map. This is the best effort I have seen so far at solving the power problem. News I am hearing suggests the Government is really putting a lot into it. My guess is that it we are at the difficult kick-off stage but when the policies are fully implemented, a rapid turn-around will be seen similar to what happened in the telecom sector.

I pray it works out. It's about that time!
Re: The Nigerian Government Power Reform Road Map. by ektbear: 11:48am On Mar 28, 2011
Just finished reading through all of it.

I would suggest that whether or not Goodluck wins in April 2011, most of the task force is retained and a plan like this be adopted. It really seems a good one, at least to me.

Nigeria will suffer a lot if we have to waste years drafting a new plan rather than using this one.

(1) (Reply)

Northern Political Leaders Forum Sponsor Terror / Overland Airways Escapes Mishap In Asaba / My Last Night Experience Around 8.20pm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.