Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 (15621 Views)

BREAKING: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 / Buhari Extends Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 14 Days / Buhari Extends Tenure Of Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Doraty1(f): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2020
Earlier thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/6326372/buhari-meet-covid-19-presidential-task

PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday extended the mandate of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 till March 2021.

The extension was in view of the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.

President Buhari said the nation cannot afford to lose the gains of the past nine months in the fight against the pandemic.

Chairman of the PTF and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Boss Mustapha, alongside other members submitted their report to the President at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The tenure of the PTF expired this December after extension for three months from the initial three months mandate.

I am extending the mandate of the Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19 till the end of March 2021, bearing in mind the new surge in the number of cases, and the bid for vaccines.

Nigeria cannot afford to lose the gains of the last nine months. I have critically evaluated the situation and remain convinced that urgent measures have to be taken to halt the spread of the Coronavirus and the attendant fatalities.

There is also the need to speedily and strategically access and administer the COVID vaccine in a safe, effective and timely manner. This is an important obligation that we owe Nigerians as we go into year 2021, and it must be carried out through an efficient machinery.

Now is the time for collective efforts to be intensified. I therefore urge all sub-national entities, traditional rulers, religious and leaders of thought to collaborate with the PTF by taking up the responsibility for risk communication and community engagement at all levels.

As the festive season approaches, I urge all Nigerians to remain vigilant and stay safe. Non-essential trips and large social gatherings should be avoided or shelved completely.

https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1341404729163833345?s=19

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by muykem: 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
This second wave makes me to believe in conspiracy theory that coronavirus is man made. They know that demand for their vaccine will be very low, hence the second wave to force developing countries for urgent demands and advance payments.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by sylve11: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
2023 do reach. That is all i have to say. cool

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by etrouble: 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
muykem:
This second wave makes me to believe in conspiracy theory that coronavirus is man made. They know that demand for their vaccine will be very low, hence the second wave to force developing countries for urgent demands and advance payments.

You are making sense, you know.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Lagosfinder(m): 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
Lets hear
Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Julleyjulley(f): 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2020
President Buhari said the nation cannot afford to lose the gains of the past nine months in the fight against the pandemic.
Anything to protect the lives of Nigerians is all that matters at this point.
Thr Nigerians that value their lives and those of their family members atleast.

God bless our darling Daddy for all the he is doing to make this once battered, looted and raped nation work again.
God bless Nigeria ��

And for all the enemies of our darling nation that pray for chaos, wars and killings on a daily basis,
The ones that adhere to the voice of the criminal asking them to burn don the zoo, we pray you have a change of heart, and if not, we pray what you wish for our country goes back to you in a million fold.

No be curse,
Na FACT!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Gadafii: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2020
mr lifeless tongue
Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
LogoDesigner01:
I wish all of us a successful crossover first
Amen.
Same to you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by TheWalkingMind: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Someone interprete this on a low level
Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by emeijeh(m): 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
That's if this Bubu/Jubril knows what PTF means

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2020
Extension of looting
Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Buharidgeneral: 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
Victory2222:
Please sir/ma, am looking for job, am an HND holder in accounting, my additional qualifications are:

Certified human resource professional
Peachtree accounting
SPSS
Computer appreciation

My contact is : 0 7 0 3 8 1 9 6 1 1 6

Are you in Abuja?
Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Kinzo0917(m): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
I heard civil servants from level 12 and below are ask to work from home � for the next 5 weeks. Please can someone comfirm this news please?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Mrpojj(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
muykem:

Very man made I tell you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Grace001: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
Radarada

1 Like

Re: Buhari Extends PTF Mandate Till March 2021 by Ihatemumu: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
post=97330035:

Anything to protect the lives of Nigerians is all that matters at this point.
Thr Nigerians that value their lives and those of their family members atleast.

God bless our darling Daddy for all the he is doing to make this once battered, looted and raped nation work again.
God bless Nigeria ��

And for all the enemies of our darling nation that pray for chaos, wars and killings on a daily basis,
The ones that adhere to the voice of the criminal asking them to burn don the zoo, we pray you have a change of heart, and if not, we pray what you wish for our country goes back to you in a million fold.

No be curse,
Na FACT!

I know you are doing the job APC paid you for, but try to put yourself in people's shoes before you tweet or post, have you considered people who cannot afford to eat? Nigeria isn't helping even with light bill you cannot tell people to stay home for that long, how will they eat or survive?

Stop acting like a robot, you are a human being ffs

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives Lafia On 1-Day Working Visit / Missing Arms Procurements Funds: NSA, Monguno "Was Quoted Out Of Context’ / Abusive Appointments At Federal Character Commission - Vanguard Editorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.