Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country (6106 Views)

We Were Never One Country - Bukola Saraki / Ijaws, If Nigeria Breaks, Biafra Will Break And Niger Delta Wi Also Break / Nigeria Ranked As The Number One Country To Do Business In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:09am On Dec 23, 2020
Nigeria is a great country, infact one if the greatest to have ever come out of Africa despite our minor set backs, for decades and centuries we have had trade relationship with our neighbouring country Niger.

To me the lack of sea port would make Niger not to able to attain it's full potentials.

Despite the sahara desert I see huge potentials in Niger republic, and they are not untilling but effectively.

Niger republic immigrants already make up a huge chunk of Nigerias immigrants, they see Nigeria as a second home as much as we see Niger as a second home.

Why don't we unite into one country.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by Lomprico2: 8:10am On Dec 23, 2020
your fada!

66 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:13am On Dec 23, 2020
If Nigeria and Niger can unite I believe we can solve their sahara desert problem, we have the ability to turn the sahara into a very fast farmland through mechanized irrigation and pipeline system that will convert sea water in the south into fresh water then channel it the way they channel oil from the southern coast all the way to Niger republic.

All it would take is money

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2020
If Nigeria unites with Niger, it would give us access into north african politics, and enable our foreign policy end some saharan conflict and aid to control illegal immigration to Europe

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:17am On Dec 23, 2020
I am from the east by the way, imo to be precise

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by OruExpress: 8:20am On Dec 23, 2020
op im going to make some guesses

1. you're 15-19
2. been to Nigeria twice
3. stayed indoors when you went for 80% of the day
4. igbo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2020
OruExpress:
op im going to make some guesses

1. you're 15-19
2. been to Nigeria twice
3. stayed indoors when you went for 80% of the day
4. igbo
Apart from number 4 u are wrong d whole time.

Am igbo, I grew up in Nigeria, am above 25, man above 25 years man can't stay indoors when he has bills to pay

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2020
Lomprico2:
your fada!
It's going to happen oneday it's just a matter of time and there's nothing u can do abt it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2020
Lol dat explains alot grin
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 23, 2020
taleleyi. kileleyi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by doggedfighter(f): 8:48am On Dec 23, 2020
North and Niger can unite

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by Blue3k(m): 8:53am On Dec 23, 2020
Issues with idea.

1. They dont speak English as official language.
2. It expensive to absorbe a huge poor population ask the germans how that goes.
3. There's Cultural compatibility issues. They more moderate in sense they dont have sharia. Emigration from Nigerian would change that quick.
4. The Political dynamics of adding new states or territories make it an unknown quantity.

MyGeneration:

It's going to happen oneday it's just a matter of time and there's nothing u can do abt it

What leads you to believe that?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by OfficialAPCNig: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:

Apart from number 4 u are wrong d whole time.

Am igbo, I grew up in Nigeria, am above 25, man above 25 years man can't stay indoors when he has bills to pay
Me juo ilu a "nwata aturu ilu kowara ya ..."

"Awo adighi agba..."

"Ilu bu manu Ndi Igbo gi..."

Nga ejide di today, ekwe Ndi isi ocha agaghi enyere gi aka.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
Lol dat explains alot grin
A very nice idea
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Me juo ilu a "nwata aturu ilu kowara ya ..."

"Awo adighi agba..."

"Ilu bu manu Ndi Igbo gi..."

Nga ejide di today, ekwe Ndi isi ocha agaghi enyere gi aka.
Nice... Thanks for the support.
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 9:00am On Dec 23, 2020
Blue3k:
Issues with idea.

1. They dont speak English as official language.
2. It expensive to absorbe a huge poor population ask the germans how that goes.
3. There's Cultural compatibility issues. They more moderate in sense they dont have sharia. Emigration from Nigerian would change that quick.
4. The Political dynamics of adding new states or territories make it an unknown quantity.

What leads you to believe that?
We are not annexing anybody the both governments can agree and a referendum held in Niger republic
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by OfficialAPCNig: 9:01am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:
Nice... Thanks for the support.
Phool.
Claim Igbo again and amadioha will kee you.
Ediot

29 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by OfficialAPCNig: 9:03am On Dec 23, 2020
Op is not Igbo.
Be guided.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by Blue3k(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:

We are not annexing anybody the both governments can agree and a referendum held in Niger republic

That doesn't matter the points still stand. The cost of absorbing them is the same. You just added millions of poor people to the labor force. Imagine if Sorth and South korea reunified the cost will be in trillions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Phool.

Claim Igbo again and amadioha will kee you.

Ediot
Aturu biafra why are u insulting me.

I saw ur message in igbo, u told me it's a nice idea that u pray it works, y are y saying something else in english?
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2020
Blue3k:

That doesn't matter the points still stand. The cost of absorbing them is the same. You just added millions of poor people to the labor force. Imagine if Sorth and South korea reunified the cost will be in trillions.
It won't happen immediately it would be in phase.

Niger already has people in their labour force too
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by nairalandankrah: 9:06am On Dec 23, 2020
Yeah...after Biafra leaves

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 9:07am On Dec 23, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Yeah...after Biafra leaves
Bisfra left long ago, go and find it in the atlantic ocean.

We Igbos will defend Nigerias territorial integrity to our last blood
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by RevDesm0ndJuju: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2020
Somebody just discovered Paint app on Microsoft .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by OfficialAPCNig: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:

Aturu biafra why are u insulting me.

I saw ur message in igbo, u told me it's a nice idea that u pray it works, y are y saying something else in english?
Fool.

Those things are incomplete Igbo proverbs I asked you to complete.

The last paragraph means " I will catch you today, onyibo (Google translate) will not help you.

Claim to be Igbo again and die by Amadioha thunder.

Foolish fool

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 9:09am On Dec 23, 2020
Stop taking this from a sentimental point of view, SS people have nothing to fear infact they should accept it Niger republic has alot of oil fields this would aid the government divert attention from our over reliance on Niger delta oil
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 9:10am On Dec 23, 2020
RevDesm0ndJuju:
Somebody just discovered Paint app on Microsoft .
If u are a Nigerian support this, any day u start hearing this kind of thing in your streets just know that am involved
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by OfficialAPCNig: 9:11am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:
Bisfra left long ago, go and find it in the atlantic ocean.
We Igbos will defend Nigerias territorial integrity to our last blood
Igbo wannabe.
Phoolish phool

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by MyGeneration(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2020
OfficialAPCNig:

Fool.

Those things are incomplete Igbo proverbs I asked you to complete.

The last paragraph means " I will catch you today, onyibo (Google translate) will not help you.

Claim to be Igbo again and die by Amadioha thunder.

Foolish fool
I know u are using reverse psychology on these people, as a fellow Apc member I code kiss
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by greatermax77(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:
I am from the east by the way, imo to be precise

Very useless opinion from a lost son
Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by Blue3k(m): 9:12am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:

It won't happen immediately it would be in phase.

Niger already has people in their labour force too

Even if you phase it it would still be expensive. How you come up with an estimate of how much you expect it to cost? Are you considering the tax implications nigerian population. Have you read about other unifications in history? It never as smooth amf easy as one proposes just spit balling at 8am.

Re: Nigeria And Niger Should Unite Into One Country by RevDesm0ndJuju: 9:12am On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:

If u are a Nigerian support this, any day u start hearing this kind of thing in your streets just know that am involved

Off course, what's more to do than add more confusion to the shithole diversity latrine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What The Black Bags Buhari Securities Were Carrying Is Meant For / IPOB Denies Killing, Kidnapping Monarchs In South-East / APC: Rivers Court Strikes Out Suit Challenging Legality Of Buni-Led CECPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.